zoblob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Strange sharp rib pain since January, haven't worked out since. Only 19, muscle gone

Hey everybody, just wanted to get a fresh perspective on my problem. It's resulted in me losing all of my muscle as I haven't been able to lift heavy since january.

I was just sitting at my computer and all of a sudden a sharp rib pain came over my left side and it got worse as I breathed in. Later as I was doing sit ups and bicycle crunches I had an extreme sharp pain on my right side. From january to may the pain was excruciating and I stopped running and lifting, I started seeing a physio in May and started doing stretches and can run now but cannot lift heavy or do abdominal exercises without experiencing the sharp pain. I have lost over 15 kilos of muscle because of this strange problem and though it is feeling a little better it's very distressing that it has continued on until almost october.

I'm currently seeing a chiropractor that is fixing my forward head, the doctor has also reccommended I fix my spine problems before I attempt heavy lifting.

If anyone knows what it could be or how to fix it, that would be amazing.

Lifting anything heavy or doing abdominals seems to flare it up for a few days.

Thanks.

Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Really?

Teen sections opinions > doctor?

bro...

Originally Posted by Steven119 View Post
    Really?

Teen sections opinions > doctor?

bro...
    Haha I've been to the doctor over 20 times and all I can get is "it's muscular" just wondering if any muscle builders have gone through the same thing, I'm desperate man I need to lift again.

TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by zoblob View Post
    Hey everybody, just wanted to get a fresh perspective on my problem. It's resulted in me losing all of my muscle as I haven't been able to lift heavy since january.

I was just sitting at my computer and all of a sudden a sharp rib pain came over my left side and it got worse as I breathed in. Later as I was doing sit ups and bicycle crunches I had an extreme sharp pain on my right side. From january to may the pain was excruciating and I stopped running and lifting, I started seeing a physio in May and started doing stretches and can run now but cannot lift heavy or do abdominal exercises without experiencing the sharp pain. I have lost over 15 kilos of muscle because of this strange problem and though it is feeling a little better it's very distressing that it has continued on until almost october.

I'm currently seeing a chiropractor that is fixing my forward head, the doctor has also reccommended I fix my spine problems before I attempt heavy lifting.

If anyone knows what it could be or how to fix it, that would be amazing.

Lifting anything heavy or doing abdominals seems to flare it up for a few days.

Thanks.
    There's nothing we can do for you; we aren't doctors. Have you had x-rays taken of your chest/abdomen?

Originally Posted by TheHappyPeanut View Post
    There's nothing we can do for you; we aren't doctors. Have you had x-rays taken of your chest/abdomen?
    Yeah man x rays done and blood tests. Sighhh hopefully it'll clear up in a few months I hear intercostals take forever to heal

exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a similar problem because of the structure of my chest. The pain is from the layers of your lungs sticking together. I have to stop breathing an stretch. Its very scary.

Originally Posted by exoh View Post
    I have a similar problem because of the structure of my chest. The pain is from the layers of your lungs sticking together. I have to stop breathing an stretch. Its very scary.
    When did you get this pain?
    What is it called?
    Is there a cure?

exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) exoh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It just generally went away. Pericordial Catch Syndrome