Thread: Quick question!

aRaider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Quick question!

So I do my compounds in a 3x5 format. And I like to use dumbbells for bench pressing. As of late, I can put up the 75's for 3x5 and more if I wanted to. But for some reason I can't do more than one set of 5 with the 80's. So my question is, should I just keep using the 80's until I do 3x5 even if I only put up 2-4 reps? Or just go 80-75-75? Let me know what you guys do!

EppingForest is on a distinguished road. (+10) EppingForest is on a distinguished road. (+10) EppingForest is on a distinguished road. (+10) EppingForest is on a distinguished road. (+10) EppingForest is on a distinguished road. (+10) EppingForest is on a distinguished road. (+10) EppingForest is on a distinguished road. (+10) EppingForest is on a distinguished road. (+10) EppingForest is on a distinguished road. (+10) EppingForest is on a distinguished road. (+10) EppingForest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dbs are inferior to barbell bench for several reasons imo. This is one. You can go up 5 pounds on BB Bench using 2.5 plates, but you need to go up 10 pounds using dumbbells. Easier to linearly progress
    Running ICF 5x5

*Needs A Tan Crew*

Getting stronger physically and mentally

navarrohb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5 reps is a really low rep range, especially for using dumbbells. But to answer the question, just stick with the 75s, maybe even 70s. youre workouts will just be inconsistent with the 80s, some days youll rep it for 5, other days for 2. Dont forget proper form and reps are most important