Closed Thread
    delahoya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help living in a third world country for mass gain PLEASE!!

HI People,

This is my first Post and happy that i have finally found the right site with so much info. And due to so much helpfull info im confused which oneworkout program for mass gain to choose from, so i thought id post for some help

Situation;
    First of all id like to just mention that my aim is to gain mass size in a short period. Im 6ft1 tall and currently weigh 158lbs and My goal is to reach 188lbs (30 pounds in 3 months) and i know its achievable but the main issue im facing is my daily work/lifestyle slowing me down.
    Im in a third world country working from 11am to 10pm and the gym i joined opens from 5am to 9pm. Some articles have mentioned that morning time is the best time to workout which is no excuse to do so when looking at the above times, its just that all my life ive been bad on most days waking up early. I am currently working out about 3 days per week, every 2nd day allowing one day rest in between, whereby some of those days when i do workout i do wake up early before work and make it to the gym on time and one or 2 times per week i have left work early just to go to the gym which is causing headaches at work.

Supplements and Food;
    As im in a third world country some of the food is not in my favour so i mainly have cereal, pasta, egg, bread.
    When i do workout in the mornings i take 1-2 scoops of BSN NO EXPLODE on a empty stomach, wait 30min and workout.
    Post work i take 1 sccop of BSN CELL-MASS and also 1-2 scoops of BSN SYNTHA Protein powder with milk and at times with water. I know i should be having 5-6 meals daily but due to working hours and being busy i cant fit meals in so currently im having 2-3 meals per day, 2 litres of water and i try to snack on almonds or nuts in between. I do smoke cigarettes which i find hard to quit, especially in my work environment but im sure it would help me gain mass alot quicker if i did quit.
    On days when i wake up late and rush to work which makes me miss out on my scheduled morning work-out i dont take any supplements except for my morning protein shake with a banana. I also take 1 multi-vitamin daily and have anabolic pump capsules which i either forget to take. Are these supplements ok for me?

Workout;
    At the moment i am following the workout by Edward Boyce Jr found on this site which is;

Day 1: Chest/Back

Barbell Bench Press: 5 sets of 5 reps
    Bent Over Rows: 5 sets of 5 reps
    Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
    Close-Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12 reps
    Decline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 15 reps
    One-Arm Dumbbell Row: 3 sets of 15 reps

Day 2: Legs/Abs

Barbell Squat: 5 sets of 5 reps
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts: 3 sets 12 reps
    Leg Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
    Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
    Ab Roller: 3 sets of 12 reps
    Hack Squat: 3 sets of 15 reps

Day 3: Shoulders/Triceps/Biceps/Traps

Barbell Military Press: 5 sets of 5 reps
    Close-Grip Bench Press: 5 sets of 5 reps
    Barbell Curls: 5 sets of 5 reps
    Standing Cable Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
    Rope Pushdowns: 3 sets of 12 reps
    Standing Alternating Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
    Barbell Shrug: 3 sets of 12 reps

Does any one think this is ok for my goal and or do i need to work-out more than 3 days per week?

Can anyone please help me improve from my condition, or am i on the right track?

I would appricate any feedback.....Thanks

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's possible to gain 30 pounds of weight in 3 months, but 24 pounds of it would be fat, (it's impossible to gain over 2 pounds of muscle a month unless you're on dat dere celltech)

Why do you bring up the fact that you live in a third world country when you personally feel you have no trouble getting high enough quantities of food to gain 30 pounds in 3 months, and have access to a range of supplements and a well equipped gym, (the only relevance that it seems to have is that you don't have access to/can't seem to afford an alarm clock)?
    You don't have to eat 6 times a day, as long as you meet your dietary requirements for the day then you're fine, even if it's only 3 meals. If I were you I would do a routine with more frequency, hitting each muscle 2-3 times a week rather than just once, though exercise selection seems alright, (maybe get rid of one of your two rowing exercises on back day and replace it with a deadlift movement, (ie deadlift or rack pulls).
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need a proper novice routine at 6' 158 lbs. Try All Pro's starting routine in the stickies or something similar. As to you being in a 3rd world country, you said they have eggs? I assume they also have red meat in the form of cows, goats or sheep? Stop wasting money on silly suppliments and put your money into eggs and red meat. Go to the nutrition subforum and plug your numbers into the calculators there to find out how much you need to eat to gain. Beef and eggs are your best friends when bulking.

joerevans is just really nice. (+1000) joerevans is just really nice. (+1000) joerevans is just really nice. (+1000) joerevans is just really nice. (+1000) joerevans is just really nice. (+1000) joerevans is just really nice. (+1000) joerevans is just really nice. (+1000) joerevans is just really nice. (+1000) joerevans is just really nice. (+1000) joerevans is just really nice. (+1000) joerevans is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pick a starter routine.
    Hit the gym 5-6x a week.
    Consume mass calories making sure to get all your essential aminos.
    Go to bed right after work and sleep for 8 hours.

Eat, train, sleep, repeat.
    Where you are doesn't matter, your system will get used to the local foods, and inspite of what you may think, that food is probably healthier than what you would eat in the states.

delahoya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your responses guys, much appriciated!

The red meat here has had some issues so this is why im mainly sticking to chicken, rice, eggs, pasta, vegies and nuts.
    The supplements i got were shipped from overseas as its impossible to find BSN products here, and relying on them heaps.

Joerevans is there s 5-6 day a week routine workout u would recommend?

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You do not need a 5-6 day a week routine. You will soon stall out and get frustrated. Stick to a 3x a week program for a beginner as you are a beginner. Period; end of story. Eat well; skip the protein drinks and save your money and just eat that chicken and those eggs and veggies. That is all you need. The programs by All Pro or Starting Strength would work just fine.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Lul94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lul94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lul94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lul94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lul94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lul94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lul94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lul94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lul94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lul94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lul94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Lol, seeing how u can buy supplements and good food i wouldnt call u in problem. Cereal and pasta are quite expensive if u eat those two 3 times a day everyday. And what most is that u use 3 bsn (expensive brand) supplements, bsn explode, bsn Cell mass, bsn syntha protein powder. Combined those 3, those are not cheap by all means. Let me tell u, i live also in developing country (3rd world) in indonesia in a small town, in the town, theres only two small gym, no one sell chicken breast here, no one sell egg whites here, nobody sell supplements here. If i want egg whites i have to buy a whole eggs and get rid of the yolks. No body sell chicken breast, u have to buy a whole chicken just to get the breast part, whole chicken is expensive here. Eggs also expensive if consumed everyday. Supplements have to order online with expensive delivery price and yes its also expensive if consumed everyday. Its a pain in the arse. Good thing i wont be here too long (will go out to the other islands or provinces that have all the stuffs that i want and need in the next 3 years, bye2 town), the best protein source that is cheap is chicken breast, far more cheaper than eggs. U only need to consume a single piece of 500g chicken breast to get 155g of protein (my daily protein need). A single of 333g chicken breast contains 93g of protein. For eggs, u have to eat 37 eggs white to get 148g of protein which is ridiculous, making it more expensive and hard to eat. Supplements like 10lbs whey gold standard which has 149 servings and if u drink it 6 times a day, it will give u 144g of protein. U will need 168 servings a month which means u have to buy two bags of 10lbs whey gold standard. Again, ridiculous. And the winner is chicken breast for protein source. Eat less for more protein, great for bulk and cut. In my hometown, no chicken breast. In a day i only get 15 to 25g of protein and i need 150g. Laugh all u want. Stupid parents. Didnt ask for this ****. So if u say ure 3rd world, i guess im from 4th world.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    This thread from 2011.