iWDN is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Quadriceps exercises that are safe on the spine?

Hi, BB community.

Due to major lower back problems, I need to train with exercises that don't compress my spine (which means no squats, no leg press, no machine hack squats...). For the upper body I don't have any problem finding exercises that are spine friendly, but for the lower body it is being a good challenge (specially for quads).

At this moment I have this list of exercises I could do for quads developement:

-Quads extensions.
    -Landmine reverse lunges.
    -Hip belt squat (I don't have access to a good setup for this).
    -Sumo dumbbell squat (I think I would be limited by the weight of the dumbbell).

Any other suggestion? Would it be problematic to hold one or two dumbbells and do bulgarian split squats or should I do it with a landmine instead?

Regarding hamstring and glutes I think it is easier: Hamstring curls (not lying, but seated and/or standing), hip abductor & adductor, glute bridge, GHR, hip thrust, pull through, one leg deadlift.

I'm so lost! Anyone in this situation that can give me some light?

Thank you very much in advanced.
    Best regards.

BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I recommend reading "Back Mechanic", by Stuart McGill. Also check out "Gift of Injury", by McGill and Carroll, it walks you through a case study of what rehab looks like for a badly damaged lower back. These books will tell you to let your gainz disappear and really focus on becoming pain free. Here is an article talking about some of the things you should do:

https://squatuniversity.com/2018/06/...ore-stability/

Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000)
    For quadriceps. Hip belt squats is probably the best option. You will need to have two boxes or stools to do them properly though.

Hip belt squats = zero axial loading.
    Personal bests: (1RM'S)

S: 167kg
    B: 101kg
    D: 160kg
    O.H.P: 74kg
    C.U: 33kg