PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post Transformation Doctor Appointment

Sorry if this has been covered, but I would like to ask..

From 2009 to present, I've lost 40-45 lbs. Till last year I did not go to the doctor much, but I plan on getting an annual check up every year. I had a blood test done last year and some prostate blood test. I'm 42, will be 43 in a month. I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure, and take medication for it. Had no other medical issues, a few blood test values were slightly out of range but the doctor did not merit any further tests. During the initial visit I was 185 or so, I've lost 20 additional lbs since, and I know I've recomped.

Apart from a blood test, what other tests should I ask for. I'm really curious as to how the lifestyle change has affected me.
    I've been eating clean, and have eliminated many unhealthy foods. I've also been supplementing with whey protien, ZMA, Fish Oil, Multi-vitamin. Also have tried Yohimbee, Nitrix, and Agamatine at one time or another. I've also tried some preworkout and intraworkout drinks. I would like to make sure none of these are affecting me adversely.
    Would like to see testoserone levels, etc.

Generally speaking I feel great, I'll be honest I feel like I am 30 again. I can't complain.
    Any recommendations on the types of tests I can ask the doctor for?

tkafitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkafitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkafitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkafitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have blood work done twice a year for liver finction and testosterone levels. As far as meds go, the liver finction is for my blood pressure meds I am on, I only take 25mg twice a day. It really helps it too maintain a consistency more than anything, and I take a 1.5cc shot of test every two weeks just too have a normal level. Unfortunatley I have very low test levels and never knew it. I have been taking shots now for over a year and feel good. I have lost over thirty lbs and there really has not been much change in blood pressure, which I thought would help me. I will probably be on blood pressure meds for life according too the doctor. More genetics then anything. weird.

legrater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you ever try any other methods other then the shots to get your test?? I too discovered i had low levels and i've been on the gel for just about a year now. Wondering if there's a difference???

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PrinceDaddy View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered, but I would like to ask..

From 2009 to present, I've lost 40-45 lbs. Till last year I did not go to the doctor much, but I plan on getting an annual check up every year. I had a blood test done last year and some prostate blood test. I'm 42, will be 43 in a month. I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure, and take medication for it. Had no other medical issues, a few blood test values were slightly out of range but the doctor did not merit any further tests. During the initial visit I was 185 or so, I've lost 20 additional lbs since, and I know I've recomped.

Apart from a blood test, what other tests should I ask for. I'm really curious as to how the lifestyle change has affected me.
    I've been eating clean, and have eliminated many unhealthy foods. I've also been supplementing with whey protien, ZMA, Fish Oil, Multi-vitamin. Also have tried Yohimbee, Nitrix, and Agamatine at one time or another. I've also tried some preworkout and intraworkout drinks. I would like to make sure none of these are affecting me adversely.
    Would like to see testoserone levels, etc.

Generally speaking I feel great, I'll be honest I feel like I am 30 again. I can't complain.
    Any recommendations on the types of tests I can ask the doctor for?
    Most preworkout supplements have some kind of stimulants in it so i assume they will interfere with your blood pressure
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Hardy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hardy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hardy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hardy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hardy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hardy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hardy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hardy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hardy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hardy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hardy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    An annual checkup and test set is a great idea. It helps you build a baseline of 'your body' in the event of problems occurring. That baseline will help you a lot when Dr's are looking at results and they find things 'off'. You can demonstrate to the dr's those areas where they've always been 'off' and hopefully remove it from their concerns when treating you.

Annually I ask for: CBC, urinalysis, hormone levels (insulin, c-peptide, and testorone), CRP, lipoprotein, cholesterol (HDL/LDL), glucose, and oddly enough a lead test. I handle lead often and it's a personal concern that most wouldn't worry about.

I should warn you however, many insurance companies won't cover all those tests. You might have to fork out some cash over for a few of them.

I've been considering a 5 year baseline MRI as well for organs, cancer, cartlidge, bones, etc. but it's about 1,000 a pop. Perhaps I'll hit that at 40 to begin.
    Dec 1 - Mar 1 Fat Loss Comp
    12-1: 224.5 | 12-9: 223 | 12-16: 222 | 12-23: 221 | 12-30: 226.5 | Month Total: +2.0
    1-6: 222.5 | 1-13: xxx | 1-20: xxx | 1-27: xxx | Month Total: xxx
    2-3: xxx | 2-10: xxx | 2-17: xxx | 2-24: xxx | Month Total: xxx
    Final Weigh-in | 3-1: xxx

238.5 9/1/11
    224.5 10/13/11

winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would just go with a complete CBC/lipid panel/urinalysis.

With that info and your general health (how you feel?) you have 99% of things covered.

I use this and we dig a little further if needed...such as Glucose Fasting or extra Thyroid checks etc.

You can get as expensive and detailed as you want!

123D321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 123D321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 123D321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 123D321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 123D321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 123D321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 123D321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 123D321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 123D321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 123D321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 123D321 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Time to get your oil checked lol.

PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks everyone. My HBP is not very high, at one point the doctor offered to take me off medication. My BP has always been 130-140/80 range so I've stayed with it. I monitor the BP, I do realize some of the supplements have warnings specific to BP issues. I am trying things and monitoring the BP and how I feel. Feel like the blood test can verify how the supps are affecting me.

It seems that everyone you talk to about the bodybuilding nutrition seems to think all the supplements are going to give you kidney issues. I do hydrate, I do eat real food as well, I feel great, but let's check it out on the blood test.

Finally made it out to the doctor and got my results back, have to unfortunately go back for more testing on the liver.
    In my previous test, there were only 3 flags on tricglicerides, bilirubin, and test level. No issues with triglicerides this time.

Any comments on these results being out of the normal range. I did fast the morning of the blood test, but I also
    did an legs/squat workout that morning:

Testosterone, Serum (The same as last time)
    330 348-1197ng/dL Low

BUN/Creatinine Ratio (New Issue)
    21 9-20 High

Bilirubin, Total (Same issue, don't have previous result at the moment)
    2.2 0.0-1.2mg/dL High

AST (SGOT) (New Issue)
    76 0-40 IU/L High

ALT (SGPT) (New Issue)
    65 0-55 IU/L High

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PrinceDaddy View Post
    Any comments on these results being out of the normal range. I did fast the morning of the blood test, but I also
    did an legs/squat workout that morning:....
    Let me start off by making it clear, that I'm not attacking you. That said, you should find a physician, specifically one knowledgible in sports medicine, and discuss these results with him. Having retired from one of the two medical colleges in Houston after 32 years, I regard responses to medical questions in forums on the internet as essentially worthless.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My AST and ALT always show up high if it's the day of or after a big workout. I've seen some studies saying this will happen. So the next time I had a blood test scheduled I didn't work out for 3 days beforehand. Values were normal. Doc said "Good job.. you got those down.. "

Could have been a fluke, but it also could have been because of no workout before the test.

I also have high blood pressure, but only at the doc. They call it white coat syndrome or something. Normally it's 120/80 or lower. At the doc it's been as high as 150/90. I always tell him "I told you I have anxiety...." which I do.

Test can be low because of time of day. Don't jump into TRT until you really look into it and get more tests done for it.

MERSINGER1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MERSINGER1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MERSINGER1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MERSINGER1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MERSINGER1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MERSINGER1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MERSINGER1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MERSINGER1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MERSINGER1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MERSINGER1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MERSINGER1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Liver enzymes

Those are really not too high, but something is affecting your liver enzymes....do you drink alcohol? Could be many other things (blood pressure meds, etc...). Your doc should interpret those tests for you. Test levels a tad low as well--ask him/her for their opinion there as well...good luck and way to be proactive about ur health.

Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Interesting reading this. If you feel close to 30 again I'm guessing you'll be able to throw out the blood pressure meds soon enough. Have you considered seeing a naturopathic doctor who can help heal you with foods and herbs only? I have an appointment to see a naturopathic doctor who is also an endocrinologist in January. I can't wait!
    Modesty is the most attractive thing on a woman. With that said, don't expect bikini pics of me plastered all over the Internet any time soon :)

Thanks for you replies. I am interested in leading a healthy lifestyle, so I was curious how this supplementation is affecting me. I do realize the internet is not the best resource, but at the same time as bodybuilders and fitness enthusiast we have common goals, lifestyle, and perhaps ailments. I like my doctor, and he will help me get to the bottom of this.

I was comparing my results from the previous year, the liver results do concern me. Talking to my father, he has also always had issues with his bilirubin numbers. For me, hopefully we can treat any potential issues with early treatments or diet change, etc.

Interesting thing on the alcohol and tylenol, I don't take much or hardly any at all these past years, since my last visit to the doctor in Nov. I've had 1 beer and no acetominiphin. I do take advil/ibuprofen from time to time due to back issues, but even there, these last few months, not so much.

So, I'll go back in and retest in Jan. A

Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I don't take much or hardly any at all these past years, since my last visit to the doctor in Nov. I've had 1 beer and no acetominiphin.
    -----
    It's nice to know there are other people like this in the world. I don't take any conventional meds, not even over the counter. I had some wine around Thanksgiving before that I can't remember the last time I had a glass. I haven't had hard liquor in over three years now. It's served me and my wallet really well
    Modesty is the most attractive thing on a woman. With that said, don't expect bikini pics of me plastered all over the Internet any time soon :)

Went back to the doctor yesterday for another blood test with hepatitis tests. Doctor concluded "all these labs are ok, I think your liver functions just run a bit high normally for you, so only occasional repeat labs is needed. annually at least, but these are reassuring."
    I'm feeling relieved. Just something to watch as I chug along.

The remaining out of range areas:

BUN/Creatinine Ratio
    23 9-20 High

Bilirubin, Total
    1.7 0.0-1.2mg/dL High

AST (SGOT)
    53 0-40IU/L High

ALT (SGPT)
    57 0-55IU/L High

Lymphs
    49 14-46% High

Blood pressure was great 127 or 78 or so. Cholesteral dropped by 7 pts to 177. All good!
    Last edited by PrinceDaddy; 01-11-2012 at 03:24 PM.