Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So, I'm at my school doing a first aid and CPR course and I'm bored as hell on my break right now. since I'm at the library, I figure this is a great opportunity to read something and guess what? The book on nonlinear periodization by Kraemer is MISSING. University kids are jerks.

Originally Posted by snrygo View Post
    mfw i got the meat grinder for xmas last year

its so much fun using it lol.
    I'm mad. I want one. I've had this "Ultimate Burger Experiment" looming in my brain for ages now. It's almost coming to fruition but I need that damn grinder. Did it come with different plates so you can have a coarser or finer grind?

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    You could be right about the setup. Will try
    I'll look for it in your log. Deadlift, in my opinion (and some people agree), is almost all set up. Bad set up will usually mean you pull less.
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yes it did 3 iirc
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It includes the same study you mention. Emailed. (Hoping you are able to download it)
    Last edited by jdjprimer19; 10-20-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    JDJ's 5/3/1 Revamped
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143074093&page=10

"...any statement, whether made by a scientist or not, should be open to logical analysis. Immense prestige and authority does not compensate for faulty logic." John Lennox

http://www.bullseyefitness.net

PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jdjprimer19 View Post
    It includes the same study you mention. Emailed. (Hoping you are able to download it)
    Nothing. Damn you g-mail.
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PerpetualMotion View Post
    I think you have easily got it. Serious, try a slow descent and as soon as you grab the bar, explode up. It's like a controlled dip, grip and rip. I noticed the less time I spend setting up, the easier the pull is.
    I'll look for it in your log. Deadlift, in my opinion (and some people agree), is almost all set up. Bad set up will usually mean you pull less.
    i like the idea of approaching it like you're loading your body like a spring. tightening every muscle in your body before a pull so you have a lot of tension to pull against. can't remember where i read that.

Originally Posted by brendbro View Post
    can't remember where i read that.
    Probably a lot of places and probably seen it a lot, too. If you look a Benedikt, he starts out with his legs straight, rolls the bar towards him then dips (kind of like adding a stretch reflex).

Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    I dunno about pasta, I prefer the SS units you buy and crank with your hand. I bought one last spring because that Austrian guy whose sn I forget was always making homemade pasta, so I bought one. My favorite ravioli is a sage and rosemary dough with chicken liver or chicken thigh with ricotta and mortadella (garlic and pistachio) filling.
    I have a very small kitchen, so ultimately having the attachment would be more feasible, though I'd like an Imperia pasta roller.

I don't mind flavouring pasta but I prefer it simple most of the time. The best pasta dish I've had is probably bucatini all'amatriciana.

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    Mmm, sausage. So hard finding good handmade sausage. I dunno about pasta, I prefer the SS units you buy and crank with your hand. I bought one last spring because that Austrian guy whose sn I forget was always making homemade pasta, so I bought one. My favorite ravioli is a sage and rosemary dough with chicken liver or chicken thigh with ricotta and mortadella (garlic and pistachio) filling. It's like an orgasm in your mouth.
    -------------->german butchery

BTK-no excuses

-------------->german butchery
    London, Ontario: Not a single butcher in sight.

London, Ontario: Not a single butcher in sight.
    Same lol. I just go to Peterborough

BTK-no excuses

Monday - Deadlift Day

(A) Sumo Deadlift
    155x5
    195x5
    225x3
    295x5
    330x3
    390x1 *This was supposed to be 370 but I didn't count it right and didn't feel like taking off the plates. I also did this beltless.
    Backoff sets: Sumo DLs vs Chains: 390 + 40c x 3 x 1
    *These were a lot harder today than I expected but that might be because I also went up to 40lbs in chains. It could also be that I felt a lot tighter around the hips despite warming up adequately. Probably should have spent more time warming up. Either way, not a bad day but I definitely had good resistance through the lockout. If I can get 425+ off the floor, I'll definitely be able to lock it out.

(B) Front Squats
    210x5x5 *Last rep on each set was a 5-second pause
    *Definitely feeling tight but erectors are getting beaten up again, so these were unusually hard.

Thoughts
    My brother wants to max out next Friday (not this upcoming one) so we can start Sheiko earlier. So, this week I'll be treating as a "taper" (high intensity, low volume) then a deload. We decided this AFTER I did all my 5/3/1 sets, so tomorrow and the days after will be really lift specific. I should have done back squats and not front squats but whatever.

Good day either way but erectors feel like ****.

Tuesday - Bench Day

Weight: 156

(A) Light Squatting
    145x5
    185x5
    *"Perp, why did you squat on an upper body day?" Simple, bros. Squatting hits the shoulder, so I wanted to practice my bench singles AFTER I've squatted.

(B) Competition Bench
    135x3
    155x3
    185x1
    210x1
    215x2x1
    220x1 *PR!
    *So, I just hit 220, which is 5lbs heavier than 215 that I hit in July, but with a PAUSE. From benching heavy and with a pause, I realized my technique needs a lot of work, especially bar path and leg drive. Then again, that's why I did singles today and I will doing them on Friday as well. I should be good for 225x1 with a pause, which was my original goal. Since I'm doing a mock meet, I think I'll start off with 205 as my opener, which is something I could easily triple with a pause. I'll also be going TnG to get a higher 1RM for Sheiko.

(C) Deadstop One-Arm DB Row
    50x8
    60x2x8

(D) DB Curls
    30x3x10

Thoughts
    I didn't get too excited about the PR but I felt pretty good inside. Good workout. Short, sweet, pretty darn low volume, and heavy.
    Last edited by PerpetualMotion; 10-23-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Probably a lot of places and probably seen it a lot, too. If you look a Benedikt, he starts out with his legs straight, rolls the bar towards him then dips (kind of like adding a stretch reflex).

I have a very small kitchen, so ultimately having the attachment would be more feasible, though I'd like an Imperia pasta roller.

I don't mind flavouring pasta but I prefer it simple most of the time. The best pasta dish I've had is probably bucatini all'amatriciana.
    I have the pasta roller attachment. Works extremely well. I use it probably once a week. The only downside is cleaning it is a pain.
    "The body achieves what the mind believes"

-Team Never Full-
    *Misc Cologne Crew*
    | S&P Crew |

Good job Dave man. Can you smell 2pps yet?

BTK-no excuses

Originally Posted by Buffalonian View Post
    I have the pasta roller attachment. Works extremely well. I use it probably once a week. The only downside is cleaning it is a pain.
    I've heard good things. I'd imagine any pasta roller would be a bit difficult to clean. I'm still debating whether I would want the attachment or a stand alone roller.

Good job Dave man. Can you smell 2pps yet?
    With a pause, it's probably very close to my 1RM. Without a pause, I'll be shooting for 240. My bench is my worst lift but progression has been pretty good since I cleaned up my technique.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice PR. 2pps coming soon. Glad bulk is going well
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Nice PR. 2pps coming soon. Glad bulk is going well
    I was tempted to go for it today but I knew better since singles aren't about maxing out.

MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so its just a mock meet you're doing? With anyone else or u just trying out how a real meet would go? anyways nice benching, 225 is my kryptonite too. forever lower body oriented (seems like u might be too)...have u done a real meet btw?
    xTUNAx CREW
    SOYBOY CREW

Originally Posted by MITCHAPAL00ZA View Post
    so its just a mock meet you're doing? With anyone else or u just trying out how a real meet would go? anyways nice benching, 225 is my kryptonite too. forever lower body oriented (seems like u might be too)...have u done a real meet btw?
    Yeah, I have to settle for a mock meet with my brother for now. We've been practicing commands this week. Our biggest problems are the rack commands on squats and bench. We tend to rack early, so it's been a conscious effort to wait for the rack command.

Bench progress has been hard but once I adjusted my technique when I started 5/3/1, it flew, so progress has been really good. Hopefully Sheiko (where the bench volume is ridiculous) boosts it +30 and my technique gets cleaned up some more.

No real meet. First one was suppose to be Nov.1 but I had to scratch that because of financial obligations. Really sucks but I guess I have to hold out a bit longer. I'd ideally like to do one at the end of Sheiko #32.

Went to see Taken 2 last night and it wasn't particularly good. Action was legit but I felt like it got insanely cheesey. It's been a while since I've had movie theatre popcorn and it's orgasmic. I actually found out the other day that a movie theatre makes 400% profit on their popcorn. Ah well, worth every penny.

Also experimented with a new cheesecake recipe from America's Test Kitchen. It's a New York Cheesecake and it was pretty good. They use an interesting technique (Gourmet uses this as well but at 550) where you blast the cheesecake at 500F for 10 minutes then cook it for 1.5 hour at 200F. I don't think I let my oven get to 500F, so the cheesecake took almost 2.5 hours. All in all, a pretty good recipe. I ate almost half of the thing, which was probably astronomical in terms of calories but I really don't give a ****.

A partially eaten piece with better lighting:

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    that technique definitely seems to better cook throughout the whole cheesecake without overcooking outside / undercooking the middle.

agreed on Taken 2. on the plus maggie grace gets a good bit of screentime...

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Went to see Taken 2 last night and it wasn't particularly good. Action was legit but I felt like it got insanely cheesey. It's been a while since I've had movie theatre popcorn and it's orgasmic. I actually found out the other day that a movie theatre makes 400% profit on their popcorn. Ah well, worth every penny.

Also experimented with a new cheesecake recipe from America's Test Kitchen. It's a New York Cheesecake and it was pretty good. They use an interesting technique (Gourmet uses this as well but at 550) where you blast the cheesecake at 500F for 10 minutes then cook it for 1.5 hour at 200F. I don't think I let my oven get to 500F, so the cheesecake took almost 2.5 hours. All in all, a pretty good recipe. I ate almost half of the thing, which was probably astronomical in terms of calories but I really don't give a ****.

Taken 2 was pretty disappointing

strong cheesecake is strong
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

Thursday - Squat Day

Weight: 156

(A)Squat
    135x5
    185x5
    225x3
    285x1
    315x1
    335x1
    355x2x1 *20lb PR
    360x1 *25lb PR
    345x1 *This was to see if I do better with a narrower stance and it was way too hard.
    *****ing ... right. 360 was pretty tough out of the hole but I lost tightness at the bottom, so it was hard on the way back up. Oh man, I'm pretty happy right now. That's a big PR on squats. I'm only 40lbs away from a 4 plate squat. I've decided, from today, that these will be my three attempts: 335/365/375. Most people say, do something easy, small PR then big PR, so that's what I'll do. I have to be careful, though, because my hips tuck pretty easily when I got a little further than I need to and I'll get smoked by 375. So, I'll be practicing at home, with a broom, what a dash below parallel feels like.

(B) Speed Sumo DLs
    285x8x1

Thoughts
    It is what it is. 360, baby. I wish I had more time with singles, though. That's one thing I'm hesitant about with Sheiko, that I won't get to be under heavy weight but it seems like a lot of people do really well. It'll also clean up my technique a lot, which is something I've really, really wanted, so that I can run a Smolov squat cycle. A lot of people jump into it but I want to be intelligent when using it. If I feel like my squat technique is worthy post-Sheiko, I'll be running the Smolov base mesocycle.

Originally Posted by brendbro View Post
    that technique definitely seems to better cook throughout the whole cheesecake without overcooking outside / undercooking the middle.
    Yeah, that's something I definitely noticed. Apparently some people still swear by a water bath but I haven't tried that yet.

Originally Posted by vitornoob View Post
    Taken 2 was pretty disappointing
    Yeah, they made the girls way too whiny and it was annoying as ****.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fuk yeah! Awesome pr
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Fuk yeah! Awesome pr
    Thanks, man. I was uber stoked. It's been so long since I've got pumped up for a set or used a pre-workout, so I'll be busting those out for my mock meet day as well as the ammonia. Crossing my fingers and hoping I go 9/9 and getting over 1k total finally.

What I've picked out:
    Squat: 335/365/375
    Bench: 210/225/230
    Dead: 385/410/425

If that works out, it should give me a 1030 total and 347 wilks. My bench is atrocious, though, so crossing my fingers that it skyrockets in the next three months.

Friday - Bench Day

(A) Competition Bench
    135x1 *This was to teach my girlfriend the commands
    155x5
    185x1
    210x3x1
    215x3x1

Thoughts
    Really simple workout today. Just wanted to keep it low volume and just do some singles to get practice. Definitely noticed some fatigue setting in on the 2nd last 215 but took a longer break and managed a really clean 215.

The commands aren't hard but I want to get to the point where it doesn't require a conscious effort. I messed up the lift command on the 2nd last set and messed up the rack command on the last set. Still good to get some practice in. Now I'll be resting until next Friday. I'll be hitting the gym with my girlfriend to give her some direct help and I'll be foam rolling a lot as well to keep limber. I MIGHT do some 50% 1RM singles but we'll see.

I will probably be increasing cals (temporarily) as well as taking a bath every night. I'll also be trying to nap as often as possible and sleep as much as I can. Since it's been a really long time since I've taken a week off, I want it to be mentally relaxing and I want to avoid stress like the plague.

Monday - Light Day

(A) Tonnes of Foam Rolling and Stretching
    Good night, sweet forearms.

(B) Light Squats
    145x2x1
    185x2x1
    EQI Squat - 185x1

(C) Light DL
    185x2x1

Thoughts
    Hardly anything today. Resisted all temptations and just really focused on foam rolling, band tractions, and stretching for 30 minutes then finished off with some speed singles to keep the groove. No benching because I didn't feel like it. Tomorrow will be my last day before I don't lift at all.

Weekend was good. I went to Owen Sound to see my girlfriend's family. On Saturday morning, I hit up the shooting range with her Grandfather and it was awesome. Here are my targets. Both are from shooting a .30 caliber rifle (mostly for groundhog and coyote). The left one had me hitting basically in the middle. The right is a bit scattered because I was shooting different grain bullets (basically different levels of gunpowder in each bullet, so it shoots differently). Still managed to keep it bunched. It also taught me the value of how gunpowder effects accuracy.

Also got to shoot a much larger gun meant for deer. Can't remember what caliber it was but it had some kick to it. Here is the magazine:

Hit up this place called Shorty's and they had a burger called Rocky's. It's a 8oz patty, a **** tonne of pulled pork mixed with Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce, caramelized onions, and a few strips of applewood smoked bacon. Pretty damn good burger and I'll have to replicate it:

Also had some Ontario microbrews. My favourite Pilsner, Steam Whistle.

And Mill St. Organic, the first organic beer. Tastes terrible.

Not a single calorie has been counted. Feeling refreshed and relaxed and I'm enjoying it.

strong weekend was strong.

BTK-no excuses

strong weekend was strong.
    I want to make shooting my new hobby but then I realized a decent rifle is well over $1000, so I'm looking into archery for now while I save. I'd like to have a rifle for deer season next year.

MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy fuk at that 25lb PR on squats! Big thumbs up. I'm late but oh well

Hai Perp!
    Patience, dedication, drive.

IG: @miscfit27

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156836923

Originally Posted by MiscDemeanor View Post
    Holy fuk at that 25lb PR on squats! Big thumbs up. I'm late but oh well

Hai Perp!
    OMG OMG OMG! You're in my log but I'll be abandoning the ship on it this Friday. Gun make a new one with a cool, sleek title and have all my progress in the first post of it plus videos of my entire mock meet.

And thanks for the thumbs up. Hopefully I go bigger this Friday. I wish it was here already.