Closed Thread

Thread: EZ bar weight?

CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

EZ bar weight?

Just started going to a 24-hour fitness near my house and they've got a couple of EZ bars there that I want to use for some of my lighter exercises. I know the standard olympic barbell weights 45lb, but what does your average EZ bar weigh? I couldn't find a scale in the gym to test it with, but I searched it on my iPhone at the gym and found people saying it was 15lb. There's no way these things were 15lb though, because I put 10lb of weight on it (so it would be 25lb) and compared it to a fixed 30lb bar and the EZ bar felt noticeably heavier than the 30lb bar.

Is there a standard weight for EZ bars, or maybe a couple of different standard weights? It felt like this thing was maybe 25lb.

MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mine is 25 lbs. So is the one at my gym.
    Alcoholism is a disease of the whole person. Sober since May 2011.

fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's usually anywhere from 20-30 pounds. Just take it on the scale with u to see how much it weighs.
    In addition to being an amazing body builder (LOL), I'm also a rapper.
    Check out my group's youtube page:

www.youtube.com/wenthemooneclypse

And my solo youtube page

www.youtube.com/frankielyrical

hf5801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I weighed the one at my gym.... 30lbs.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The two common weights I personally see are 15lbs and 25lbs.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CryMeARiver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So most likely it's 25lb then.

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depending on thickness 15-20lbs 25-30lbs.

Take it to the scale if you're unsure.

bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CryMeARiver View Post
    Just started going to a 24-hour fitness near my house and they've got a couple of EZ bars there that I want to use for some of my lighter exercises. I know the standard olympic barbell weights 45lb, but what does your average EZ bar weigh? I couldn't find a scale in the gym to test it with, but I searched it on my iPhone at the gym and found people saying it was 15lb. There's no way these things were 15lb though, because I put 10lb of weight on it (so it would be 25lb) and compared it to a fixed 30lb bar and the EZ bar felt noticeably heavier than the 30lb bar.

Is there a standard weight for EZ bars, or maybe a couple of different standard weights? It felt like this thing was maybe 25lb.
    45 pounds.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Idea since you lack a scale: do you have a lat pulldown machine and an ankle strap? Could put the EZ on there and see how much weight you need on the pulldown stack to make it come down.

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Does your gym has a scale?
    .....if so, just walk it over to the gym scale.

1 - weigh yourself
    2 - weigh yourself + the bar
    3 - subtract the difference

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The ones that hold the olympic plates weigh 25lb avg, their are other types of EZ bars that are thinner and hold standard plates and thise bars are light. Can weigh anywhere from 10-20lb
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

SycoDan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SycoDan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SycoDan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SycoDan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SycoDan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SycoDan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SycoDan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SycoDan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SycoDan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SycoDan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SycoDan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CryMeARiver View Post

Strong post reading from the people saying to use scales at the gym. The ones at my gym weight 11kgs/25lbs.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    my 25 lb hex dumbbells feel heavier than the rubber plated ones at the gym.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

Lemme tell ya sumthin.... palumboism's Avatar
    palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    Does your gym has a scale?
    .....if so, just walk it over to the gym scale.

1 - weigh yourself
    2 - weigh yourself + the bar
    3 - subtract the difference

Originally Posted by SycoDan View Post
    Strong post reading from the people saying to use scales at the gym.
    ^^^LOL this.

Solution - Bring an inflatable rubber pool & a measuring cup to the gym. Blow up the pool by mouth. Using a water fountain and the measuring cup fill the pool right up to the top edge. Record how much volume was needed to fill it up. Now place the bar into the pool. The volume of water it displaces will flow over onto the floor, don't worry the gym carpet will soak it up. Now proceed to empty the pool using the measuring cup. When it gets almost empty you will need to lift the pool up & pour into the cup. Record the volume required to empty the pool. The difference between the volume needed to fill it up & the volume needed to empty it is the volume of your bar. Get your volume in liters, divide by 1000 to get cubic meters. Now multiply by 7800 which is the density of steel in kg per cubic meter to get the weight of your bar in kg.
    Its as simple as that.

Originally Posted by Tyciol View Post
    Idea since you lack a scale: do you have a lat pulldown machine and an ankle strap? Could put the EZ on there and see how much weight you need on the pulldown stack to make it come down.
    LOL that sounds completely crazy to me.

ryounshu is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryounshu is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryounshu is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryounshu is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryounshu is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryounshu is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryounshu is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryounshu is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryounshu is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryounshu is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryounshu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by palumboism View Post
    ^^^LOL this.

Solution - Bring an inflatable rubber pool & a measuring cup to the gym. Blow up the pool by mouth. Using a water fountain and the measuring cup fill the pool right up to the top edge. Record how much volume was needed to fill it up. Now place the bar into the pool. The volume of water it displaces will flow over onto the floor, don't worry the gym carpet will soak it up. Now proceed to empty the pool using the measuring cup. When it gets almost empty you will need to lift the pool up & pour into the cup. Record the volume required to empty the pool. The difference between the volume needed to fill it up & the volume needed to empty it is the volume of your bar. Get your volume in liters, divide by 1000 to get cubic meters. Now multiply by 7800 which is the density of steel in kg per cubic meter to get the weight of your bar in kg.
    Its as simple as that.

LOL that sounds completely crazy to me.
    hahahahahaafhignjknkr

KingK1995 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always thought they were like 15lbs