Hottenstine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking New to this, just had a baby and need some guidance.

So feb, I gave birth to my son about 2 weeks ago i got cleared to work out again. Before i was pregnant i was about 150 average build, i worked out but it was mostly cardio (at the time i didnt have a gym membership) Now, being that im not pregnant and would like to actually get to my goal of becoming fit id very much appreciate some friendly advice. i gained around 50 pounds durring pregnancy and after giving birth was back down to 170 (after a week in the gym im now down to 164) anyways.... my questions are:

How do i know when to cut and when to bulk?

what do i start with?

is lifting free weights different than working out on machines?

any help or advice is appreciated as i have no clue what im doing at the moment!!

thanks in advance!!
    I always said if im gonna be a mom, im gonna be a hot mom.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You cut when you are fat. You bulk when you are skinny, and if you are neither then it depends.

Right now, you should cut.

Free weights > machines most of the time.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    You cut when you are fat. You bulk when you are skinny, and if you are neither then it depends.

Right now, you should cut.

Free weights > machines most of the time.
    thanks! i feel kinda dumb for asking.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hottenstine View Post
    thanks! i feel kinda dumb for asking.
    The only dumb thing would be to not ask and then do whatever.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

True! i want to do this right! im pretty much open to any advice at this point, its nice to hear from experienced people.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This. I didn't have any information to start with other than "eat more, lift heavy, build muscle" (I was bulking to start). I ate way more than necessary while running a poor, self-made programs lacking in compound lifts, and loaded with little accessories that didn't get me far. As a newbie to lifting/building, I still managed to make some changes, but I could have gone a lot further with it had I known more. More information is always better.

I'd read up on this thread, as it has all the basic information, and then some. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=168176343
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

[QUOTE=LunaLifts;1439885041]This. I didn't have any information to start with other than "eat more, lift heavy, build muscle" (I was bulking to start). I ate way more than necessary while running a poor, self-made programs lacking in compound lifts, and loaded with little accessories that didn't get me far. As a newbie to lifting/building, I still managed to make some changes, but I could have gone a lot further with it had I known more. More information is always better.

thank you!!