Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000)

Ever think of throwing the towel in with training?

Hi there.

I have been struggling with injury since Feb and its now really getting to me. I started a cutting in Jan and all was going well until i broke some bones in my left foot which just do not want to repair. I had surgery in April and that went well, got back to training fully only to get some more bone damage 3 weeks ago so now my training is back to isolation moves supported. (Damaged not related to training)

Still going to the gym but the enjoyment has been lost, was wondering if anyone else has been in the same place and how did they keep motivated.

Brownie

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I havent had that happen yet

hope it doesnt!

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by brownieb99 View Post
    Hi there.

I have been struggling with injury since Feb and its now really getting to me. I started a cutting in Jan and all was going well until i broke some bones in my left foot which just do not want to repair. I had surgery in April and that went well, got back to training fully only to get some more bone damage 3 weeks ago so now my training is back to isolation moves supported. (Damaged not related to training)

Still going to the gym but the enjoyment has been lost, was wondering if anyone else has been in the same place and how did they keep motivated.

Brownie
    hi brownie...i had plantar fasciitis a few years ago, and I had to stop running for over a year. I improvised, and biked...did spinning classes. (this was prior to coming into weight lifting) The PF cleared up in the spring of last year, and I eased back into running, then joined a gym to weight lift last October. (started weight lifting at home last summer) I had days like you are having, where the pain is bad...or whatever...and you see no end in sight. But, it's time like these, that will tell you how much do you want to stick with something. If everything came easy in life, there'd be nothing to work for...no goals to set. There'd be no victory...no successes...Look at pro athletes. They are often injured a lot. They just wait it out...they improvise to stay in shape...if they are able to depending on the injury, and they make the best of it.

I would find a workout that doesn't cause your injury any further stress, and just make the best of it. The alternative IS to throw in the towel...and why would you want to do that? Hope you heal soon.

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't consider throwing in the towel ever. Time off to heal and mend, recharge teh "batteris", yah, that's normal and will be needed if you keep at it year after year. But throwing it in for good is not even on my radar tbh.I enjoy and need it too much

Good luck to you however it works out.

brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000) brownieb99 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cheers for that. Thinking i'm just having a bad night. (Working nights dosent help my mood)

I have been doing a very similar thing you did, i bought a turbo machine to cycle on so alls not losts.

Will be in the gym this afternoon and will have to gather as much P.M.A as i can muster.

NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi there.

Brownie
    Take time off and find another sport you can enjoy, biking, yoga, hiking, whatever.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cheers for that. Thinking i'm just having a bad night. (Working nights dosent help my mood)

I have been doing a very similar thing you did, i bought a turbo machine to cycle on so alls not losts.

Will be in the gym this afternoon and will have to gather as much P.M.A as i can muster.
    that's the spirit. you got this.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, no brother, you don't ever throw in the towel! Setbacks, injuries, anything and everything that might take place, but towels are used to wipe off the sweat while you're working out! You don't ever throw them! Be encouraged. You can work around lots of aches and pains. LOL If it's something more serious, follow the doc's orders, and ask immediatelly how quickly you can get back in the gym and just what you can do!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wounldn't give up, not yet. I got rid of my weight set over a month ago--I'm moving soon--so all I've been doing is calisthenics which gets really boring after a while and using about sixty pounds of weight. That's it. Yeah, I shrunk a little, but the upside is, my joints have stopped bothering me and even though I put on a bit of weight, I know that when I join a gym again at the end of the month that I can get all the muscle I've lost back again. Just rest up, find out what you're capable of lifting and what you're not able to lift, and do your best. In the long run, that's all anyone can do.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can always train for something else. Thats the fun thing about weight lifting. there is no one way to do it.

Do some looking around and you will find some sort of training you want to do, that you can do. This will help keep things fresh.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You will regret quitting, but go ahead. Live an average and mediocre life. It is much easier.

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Broke my left ankle nearly 10 years ago. That and multiple, old stress fractures in both feet that didn't heal properly back in the 80's made it damn near impossible for me to jog 3.5 years ago when I decided to lose weight and get in shape. Today, after losing 1/3 of my body weight and taking a lot of weight off my feet my feet and legs are in great shape and none of the cardio machines, including the stairmill on a fat burner setting of 8 to 10, pose obstacles. Check back with me in a few years when I approach 75 about throwing in the towel. My motivation: To be better tomorrow than I am today.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got a bone graft and screw in my foot right now. Broke it July 6th. No weight bearing load on foot. If I am lucky Dr. will release me October 1st.

I am on my 2nd cycle of Smolov Jr. for bench press.

I favored squats and dead lifts over bench for a long time. I look at this as an opportunity to get my bench up.

Got to find that silver lining.

Northman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Weight training is one thing I cannot quit...even if I've felt like it. I've had to curtail/stop a few favorite exercises due to chronic problems and had my motivation mangled by some life events....but I can't stop. And once I get going again, I'm glad I didn't. I'd find someway to train on a desert island.

goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi there.

Brownie

Just keep plugging on. Quitters are sissys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ODqTHyAVzs

geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I throw my towel in every time I leave the gym, only a jerk would leave it sitting around like trash on the floor. You all remember how upset I get when my towel is on the floor!
    Get your ass in the gym period!

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I threw in the towel a few months back. After some personal issues and such I lost my interest. Dont really miss it either. It took up so much time and effort and just seemed it was all for nothing..I have however started jogging 2x a week just to strengthen my stamina and heart.

Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    I threw in the towel a few months back. After some personal issues and such I lost my interest. Dont really miss it either. It took up so much time and effort and just seemed it was all for nothing...
    (bolded for emphasis by me) But, it's a process. You might get some setbacks here and there, but if you don't stick with it, you'll never see progress. Takes a lot of persistence, and patience...the stage-ready people for example--they took years to get like that, in some cases. I am sadly surprised to read you gave up on it, mikie. Maybe you'll come back to it. I'm holding out hope.

Where's my flip flops ? jayluk4600's Avatar
    jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think your having a bad day, I have been struggling with a few issues as of late and the one thing I say is I wont quit training, ever no matter what. Sounds like you (OP) worked your way thro it the last day or so but its ok to feel gloomy but whats not ok is to sit there and feel self pity. I dont think you were just my 2 cents on the whole matter.

Struggling with injuries is tough but like the old saying goes what doesn't kill you makes you stronger !

I prefer to fight, I have always been a person that when **** goes south I get mad and bull thro it to get to the other side, not everyone is like this but I think you will be fine !
    Keep it simple

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have significant degenerative changes in a number of cervical and lumbar vertebrae, stage IV osteoarthritis of the GH joint (shoulder), A recovering separated SC joint, one permanently separated AC joint, I ripped the FDP tendon in half on my right pinky which I had repaired and ripped it again (so no real grip with that finger, just sticks out), frozen shoulder, shoulder surgery (capsular release and osteophyte removal), and I've had knee surgery. Everything but the knee surgery has been in the past two years. Compared to what some of the other folks on here who lift have been through I feel like I've had it pretty easy (Fittofattofit has had 2 major shoulder surgeries this year, four or five total, and is built like a tank and never lets off the throttle), there are multiple cancer survivors and at least one fighting cancer right now. I've seen a few folks' x-rays and they've got more metal in them than the terminator. Yeah, it sucks, and we're not kids anymore but I'll be damned if I'm going to f*cking quit. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't lift.

2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I threw in the towel a few months back. After some personal issues and such I lost my interest. Dont really miss it either. It took up so much time and effort and just seemed it was all for nothing..I have however started jogging 2x a week just to strengthen my stamina and heart.
    If your not lifting weights what are you doing on bodybuilding.com?
    Get your ass in the gym period!

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    (bolded for emphasis by me) But, it's a process. You might get some setbacks here and there, but if you don't stick with it, you'll never see progress. Takes a lot of persistence, and patience...the stage-ready people for example--they took years to get like that, in some cases. I am sadly surprised to read you gave up on it, mikie. Maybe you'll come back to it. I'm holding out hope.
    Thanks whatevergirl..I did stick with workingout for many years. From about 96 off and on,then hard core from 07 until the beginning of 2011. I got strong and in the process I had injuries that I felt were better off left alone. Workingout did me good in ways. Being determined,strong minded,on a schedule,and some pride.

I sold all my stuff except my dumbbells and F/I bench. I will be at least getting back to that soon. Its been a rough time here. We just got moved out of the house I built 15 years ago.."lost it" not proud but we are ok with it. Starting over after so many years. Feels good..Like I said, i am jogging a couple times a week now and im quite proud of that. BUT im for sure done lifting heavy ,religiously,and on a tight schedule like I use to.

Originally Posted by geer_matt View Post
    If your not lifting weights what are you doing on bodybuilding.com?
    Because bbing was my life.Its something I still like. Just because I no longer workout doesnt mean I automatically dont care about the sport or its people.

Thanks whatevergirl..I did stick with workingout for many years. From about 96 off and on,then hard core from 07 until the beginning of 2011. I got strong and in the process I had injuries that I felt were better off left alone. Workingout did me good in ways. Being determined,strong minded,on a schedule,and some pride.
    I agree. It builds character, in other areas of life, interestingly.

I sold all my stuff except my dumbbells and F/I bench. I will be at least getting back to that soon. Its been a rough time here. We just got moved out of the house I built 15 years ago.."lost it" not proud but we are ok with it. Starting over after so many years. Feels good..Like I said, i am jogging a couple times a week now and im quite proud of that. BUT im for sure done lifting heavy ,religiously,and on a tight schedule like I use to.
    The one thing we can always count on this life mikie....is change. Have to reassess sometimes and make things fit, whereas before, before you had all the stress, the workouts came easier. You'll get there again. Don't have a quitting attitude in your mind though...for what we think about, eventually becomes. Keep the faith, and hope things get better.

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP: I can empathize! I've been dealing with injury since mid-April. First my shoulder blew out, next a strained back muscle.

I have certainly felt like quitting at times, but I haven't yet! There are several exercises that I simply cannot do, a few of them used to be my favorites, and I'm also restricted to mostly isolation movements. What has helped me is learning new movements and ways to challenge myself. That's how I keep the motivation flowing. I find something I can do.

Keep your chin up!

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ever think of throwing the towel in with training?
    Not until I'm dead, it's just what I do.

wondering if anyone else has been in the same place and how did they keep motivated.
    Come up with some goals to accomplish. Learn something new regarding weight training. Have you ever tossed a keg for height? that's something new I've started training ( because it's an event this year at strongman nationals ). It's been lots of fun and has improved my training in other areas too.

Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Where's my flip flops ? jayluk4600's Avatar
    jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You carrying that keg is like me carrying a 12 ounce pop can lol. All that stuff looks so fun
    Keep it simple

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bigtallox, that is some beautiful country! Ha ha, the 'keg' is alright too. Must be nice to step outside and see those vistas every day!!!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never give up your training. Sometimes we have some pretty massive setbacks. For me I tore my left bicep, when I was at my very largest, 265 lbs after an 18 month bulk... and after it was repaired I got food poisoning, the bacteria in my stomach spread to my bloodstream and into by bicep where it abcessed... I started to go septic had to have my arm drained and was hospitolized for 2 weeks, I lost my job, lost all my money, moved back to Houston, moved in with my parents for 4 weeks while I found a new job (was offered one by a company I had previously done contract work for) but the new job required me to work an 80 hour week and I ended up going a year without being able to train (I got married to my 1st wife during this time so had just gotten married so between her and work I couldn't make time to train).

I got back into shape, was 215 with nice abs again, while working a 60 hour week for 2 years... then my meneire's disease went bilateral... got dramatically worse, my doctors refused to let me go back to work so my company terminated me after 24 weeks on disability leave... my condition deteriorated to where I was semi-bedbound for 6-8 months due to severe vertigo attacks. Once it was doing well enough to move around more, my lawyer (was fighting with social security disability) advised me to NOT get back into shape until I was done with court cases involing disability, and my doctors were concerned about my ability to train intensely as someone who has severe vertigo attacks randomly.

After all of that was sorted and I was given medical clearance for various levels of training, I hit the free weights again 6 days a week, unless my vertigo is quite bad in which case I cannot train... or even walk very well at that point. I work around my medical condition and still manage to train very hard most days. Never throw in the towel, and if you are forced to, pick it back up as soon as you are medically and safely able to.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Like the others suggest, work around the injury if possible. Foot injuries are nagging and slow to heal. I had broken a bone on the bottom of my foot behind the toes a few years ago, it took a long time to heal. I've also taped a broken toe to a good one just to keep lifting. I've come back from car accidents, surgery and it always takes time to be close to 100%, don't give up.

Rob
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....