Nerdyrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerdyrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerdyrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerdyrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerdyrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerdyrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerdyrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerdyrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerdyrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I cant seem to motivate myself.

Hey, long time reader/ lurker of bb.com forums.

I'm a skinny guy looking to pack on some mass but i just can't seem to motivate myself to get out of bed on a morning (i really hate to go to the gym at certain times due the clientele that seem to go there at said times) so early morning is my only real option.

However i find it extremely hard to drag myself out of bed to get there in the first place, the actual workouts are not a proble as i always have enjoyed pushing myself to my limits to reach new heights.

A little bit of background, i am 25 but currently live with my sister as she is disabled and i care for her, i also help look after her son whilst keeping down a full-time job of mainly night shifts where i often don't get hoem from work until after 4am.

I think the lack of motivation comes from the feeling of being burnt out from doing what is essentially the equivalent of 2-3 jobs, however i couldn't reconcile with having someone else care for my sister and there isn't really aren't any family members who can help with her, i could not really afford to drop my job to be funded as her carer by the state as i do not like the idea of not working, even if would potentially get me more money, i was raised to be a grafter and thats what i am.

I'm just looking for some advice from people who may have had similar situations or problems and have overcame them, because i'm having quite a bit of difficulty in doing so.

Back To Wreck Shyt!! Siafu4Life's Avatar
    Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Siafu4Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Watch this video....

Last edited by Siafu4Life; 09-04-2011 at 09:58 AM.
    Second Bulk Underway...

07/09 - 194.00
    09/17 - 190.00
    09/24 -
    10/01 -

Follow my evolution @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139784033

tinald has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinald has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinald has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinald has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinald has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinald has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Firstly, good on you for taking on those responsibilities. It doesn't sound like an easy task.

Secondly, if you really want to get to the gym, you need to be disciplined and not wait for motivation. That was a big learning curve for me, as I would always wait for motivation to come to me and end up never going to the gym. One day I decided that I was just going to be disciplined in my daily workouts and just get to the gym no matter how I was feeling.

Motivation will come and go but discipline is what will keep you going.

Have you thought about setting up a circuit or something similar at home if you are having trouble getting to a gym?

rasit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tinald View Post
    Firstly, good on you for taking on those responsibilities. It doesn't sound like an easy task.

Secondly, if you really want to get to the gym, you need to be disciplined and not wait for motivation. That was a big learning curve for me, as I would always wait for motivation to come to me and end up never going to the gym. One day I decided that I was just going to be disciplined in my daily workouts and just get to the gym no matter how I was feeling.

Motivation will come and go but discipline is what will keep you going.

Have you thought about setting up a circuit or something similar at home if you are having trouble getting to a gym?
    agreed..with discipline, comes motivation..

TheJerm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJerm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJerm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJerm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJerm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJerm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJerm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJerm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJerm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJerm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJerm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Routine is what helps me

Celtika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celtika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celtika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celtika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celtika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celtika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celtika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celtika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celtika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celtika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celtika has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What i think you might benefit from, is re-programming your mind.

Stop thinking of working out as a task, but instead as a way of winding down and enjoying yourself, when you wake up all burnt out, just try and picture the way you feel after a good workout, when you are lighter than air, stress-free, with endorphins rushing around your body giving you that natural high.
    Think about how good your body will look if you keep it up.

Respect for the life you live, and good luck with your future.