dan_12t3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bigger upper body while maintaining a small waist

gotta question, i dont really know how your waist size can be maintained, does it depend on your body fat%, or maybe depends on the ab exercises, or legs?. Pretty much, i wanna get a small waist while maintaining a bigger upper body, like arnold.

If i had to guess, i would say it depends on your legs? because of the fact that in arnold's days, you didn't need to have big legs for competitions, while today you do.

thnks for the advice

BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by dan_12t3 View Post
    gotta question, i dont really know how your waist size can be maintained, does it depend on your body fat%, or maybe depends on the ab exercises, or legs?. Pretty much, i wanna get a small waist while maintaining a bigger upper body, like arnold.

If i had to guess, i would say it depends on your legs? because of the fact that in arnold's days, you didn't need to have big legs for competitions, while today you do.

thnks for the advice
    Your legs have nothin to do with your waist. Your waist sized is based solely on how much fat you carry there an the width of your hip bones. The only thing that will make your waist bigger is big obliques. If anything big legs make your waist appear smaller.
    If you want to keep a small waist don't so to much weighted oblique work and don't let your body fat get too high.

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)

thnks for the advice
    Your waist size is genetic. Some people have a wide waist and some people have a smal waist. And fyi, Arnold had a wide waist.

Originally Posted by BakeryMaster View Post
    Your legs have nothin to do with your waist. Your waist sized is based solely on how much fat you carry there an the width of your hip bones. The only thing that will make your waist bigger is big obliques. If anything big legs make your waist appear smaller.
    If you want to keep a small waist don't so to much weighted oblique work and don't let your body fat get too high.
    if body fat has a part to play in this, then how come all the pro body builders have a huge waist w/o any body fat?

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if body fat has a part to play in this, then how come all the pro body builders have a huge waist w/o any body fat?
    I think you're referring to their HGH gut.

aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    genetics and muscle size and hgh.
    Recovered.

"I think you win the prize for most pieces of crap information in one thread. No, you don't have to 'shock' your body into growth, muscle confusion is bull****. No, your muscles are not some ****ing sentient beings that you need to throw surprise parties for. No, eating 6 times a day is crap + irrelevant." - MrB1g

***Anti-Broscientist Crew***

Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bigger lats = small waist

Originally Posted by aec32094 View Post
    genetics and muscle size and hgh.
    muscle size of abs and obliques im guessing? and whats hgh? like it stores fat but is it because of steroids? or anyone can get it?

calebbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) calebbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) calebbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) calebbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) calebbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) calebbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) calebbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) calebbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) calebbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) calebbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) calebbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10)

thnks for the advice
    Legs may seem like they make your body look bigger, but you'll look 100% better when you actually train your legs and upper body the same amount. First you'll get a smaller waist or a V look by losing fat. The next step is to work your upper body, your back and shoulders will help you get the V look but it is essential to train everything equally.

bailey1106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bailey1106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bailey1106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bailey1106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bailey1106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bailey1106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bailey1106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bailey1106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bailey1106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bailey1106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bailey1106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***(smoking avi sub crew)

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Perhaps OP just wants a strong V taper? Work your lats, they will grow, and your waist will look "small" in comparison. Pic: related

Work like a slave. Eat like a king. Sleep like a baby. Look like a GOD.

✪Saiyan ☾rew✪
    If I tell you "reps on recharge" and I forget, just remind me.

aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bailey1106 View Post
    damn.
    Recovered.

"I think you win the prize for most pieces of crap information in one thread. No, you don't have to 'shock' your body into growth, muscle confusion is bull****. No, your muscles are not some ****ing sentient beings that you need to throw surprise parties for. No, eating 6 times a day is crap + irrelevant." - MrB1g

***Anti-Broscientist Crew***

muscle size of abs and obliques im guessing? and whats hgh? like it stores fat but is it because of steroids? or anyone can get it?
    HGH - human growth hormone

Originally Posted by calebbeast View Post
    Legs may seem like they make your body look bigger, but you'll look 100% better when you actually train your legs and upper body the same amount. First you'll get a smaller waist or a V look by losing fat. The next step is to work your upper body, your back and shoulders will help you get the V look but it is essential to train everything equally.
    i dont train my legs much but they're massive, they're not that strong either they're just big. my upper body looks like a V right now, i just wanted to know the waist thing for future reference.

Janmarxen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thnks for the advice
    Well, first of all, genetics play a role. I have got a wide waist and even when I was really skinny I did too. To get that V shape and that small waist look, you need to have developed and big lats, along with shoulders and if you look at someone at the front, chest is also important. Try to keep your Bodyfat % low and try some stomach vacuum exercises. You will get good results if you follow these steps, but keep in mind, symmetry is very important so train your body parts equally! getting bigger legs also helps your waist look bigger.

DMatson1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Because most of the bodybuilders now a days with the huge waist, Ex. Ronnie Coleman, Phil Heath, Kai Greene, Jay Cutler, they're all roided up and because of this the organs inside the central abdomen are growing at a rapid pace along with all of the other muscles.

brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what even. 4 years ago guys
    Started at 90lbs at 16/17
    Goal 1 hit 230-240lbs
    goal 2 compete
    repeat process with added gains.