Chimpy1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chimpy1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chimpy1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chimpy1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chimpy1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chimpy1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chimpy1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chimpy1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chimpy1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chimpy1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chimpy1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Eating the same number of calories consistantly

What can happen if you eat a set number of calories for a long time while trying to make gains? How often, and by how much roughly, should you increase your calorie intake while your increasing weight and reps for many exercises and begin to plateua?

http://*****.bodybuilding funkypigeon's Avatar
    funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Chimpy1993 View Post
    What can happen if you eat a set number of calories for a long time while trying to make gains? How often, and by how much roughly, should you increase your calorie intake while your increasing weight and reps for many exercises and begin to plateua?
    Depends on the type of food you eat, on keto i have heard of people who eat 500 cals above maintenence for months with little to no fat gain, but if you do it with sugar or simple refined carbs then you will likely to gain fat.
    If you eat a slight surplus each day for a few weeks then i think you body has a homeostatic responce and will slightly increase your metabolism to prevent fat gain. there are studies to suppourt this theroy but you will have to look for them.

I think that i may have completeley missunderstood your question and everything that i have just said could be completely irrelevent to what you where acutaly asking =(

Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by funkypigeon View Post
    Depends on the type of food you eat, on keto i have heard of people who eat 500 cals above maintenence for months with little to no fat gain, but if you do it with sugar or simple refined carbs then you will likely to gain fat.
    If you eat a slight surplus each day for a few weeks then i think you body has a homeostatic responce and will slightly increase your metabolism to prevent fat gain. there are studies to suppourt this theroy but you will have to look for them.

I think that i may have completeley missunderstood your question and everything that i have just said could be completely irrelevent to what you where acutaly asking =(
    lol...

op as you gain weight your caloric intake should also go up. just play around with your calories and monitor your progress. eat accordingly
    Instagram: hyruliangoat_

BEST LOOKING MISCER
    CUTEST POSTER OF ALL TIME
    PEOPLE ASK FOR MY AUTOGRAPH AND PICTURE EVERYDAY CREW

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are too many factors to give a definitive answer with numbers.
    Just adjust your calorie/macro intake when you are no longer making the desired progress.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

misterguyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) misterguyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) misterguyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) misterguyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) misterguyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) misterguyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) misterguyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) misterguyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) misterguyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) misterguyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) misterguyx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your body aims for stasis. Trying to balance out everything intellectually isn't the MOST productive you can be, but it's "easy"* to affect them in a general way. People going for competition and chemical cocktails hold much tighter to their balances, but it all amounts to the same thing:

The body fat you have and the physical appearance of your body is a direct result of the muscle mass you have and the calorie balance you maintain, which are directly functions of the posture you have, the food sources you eat, and the exercises and activity level you maintain.

For any level of eating and activity (including exercise), your body will fluctuate growing and tearing down muscle and storing and removing fat, until it reaches the point where the caloric intake you eat matches the caloric needs of all the living tissues in your body, including the effects of supporting and maintaining your fat stores. There, you will remain. You will no longer grow in strength, and you will become injured if your food is not sufficient to cover additional strains from healing without modifying your activity level and the calories can't be supported from fat stores. You will also no longer generate or remove fat, but the fat and muscles themselves will fluctuate slightly in weight based on hydration and eating patterns.

That's either a good thing, that once you get where you want to be, it's relatively easy to maintain it as long as you eating, health, and activity levels don't change.

However, if your diet and activity level doesn't support the body you want, frankly, your body doesn't care as long as you continue with the lifestyle that supports the body you have.

*Easy defined as, up to your level of self control
    The choice between cutting and bulking should be made based on facial and chest hollows.
    The choice between eating more or eating less should be made based eating sufficient protein sources first, and energy levels second.

MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    You cannot make gains from eating the same number of calories all the time. You have to increase the calories as you gain as your BMR increases factor in exercise and work too.

sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you stall, eat more.
    [Bleed Time Krew] Certified

I don't train really to win contests. Not to win friends. Not to look pretty. Not to look at some chick's ass. I train and train very hard cause it's uncomfortable. It's painful. It's demanding. I like that. Time to bleed. - Manu