Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

IRONMASTER Kettlebell (best $189) ever spent on kettlebells.

I wanted to post a quick review since, there are like 5 total online lol... but I got the kettllebell, and I love it, when it screw together, it's like on solid kettlebell, no banging or clanking! LOVE them

MtMostWanted is just really nice. (+1000) MtMostWanted is just really nice. (+1000) MtMostWanted is just really nice. (+1000) MtMostWanted is just really nice. (+1000) MtMostWanted is just really nice. (+1000) MtMostWanted is just really nice. (+1000) MtMostWanted is just really nice. (+1000) MtMostWanted is just really nice. (+1000) MtMostWanted is just really nice. (+1000) MtMostWanted is just really nice. (+1000) MtMostWanted is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Thremix View Post
    I wanted to post a quick review since, there are like 5 total online lol... but I got the kettllebell, and I love it, when it screw together, it's like on solid kettlebell, no banging or clanking! LOVE them
    What's the weight on it for$189? You assemble it? Aware me.
    Alcoholism is a disease of the whole person. Sober since May 2011.

Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thremix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it starts at 22.5lb and gos all the way to 57.5 and can done in 2.5 pound increments. I was looking on line for days trying to find a good deal on kettlebells, or a good adjustable one, but nada.. So one I remember the guys that have one of the best adjustable dumbbell and checked there. They had these, and after reading everything I could, I pulled the trigger. I'ts SUPER simple to use, and It's over all one of the best kettlebells I ever used. It really turns in to one solid kettlebell when you add the pin lock.

I would post pics, but I dont know how. send your phone number via PM and I'll text you some.

KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have one too and I also like it, but I have no other experience with kettlebells aside from the adjustable one that I've purchased from Ironmaster. Some here who do more kettlebell work than I think it looks uncomfortable, compared to other fixed-weight kettlebells, when in the rack position. Any thoughts on this matter?

I think it's fine... and the small trade off is well worth it, the same set would run about $1,100 I like it flat on the sides.. try this thing with bob harpers kettle bell workout and I promise you will hate me forever!! lol

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The shape just doesn't look like it would be comfortable for high rep ballistic movements other than swings.

The videos showing it used on the Ironmaster site are horrid. Those guys have obviously never been properly instructed on KB use.

check out youtube vids, this black guy on there rips it up!! lol

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A little reference for those not in the know.

KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KBKB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

More IM Kettlebell Photos

Here are some additional photos that I took of my Ironmaster Quick-Lock Kettlebell w/ 57.5 lb kit. I purchased it as a combo.

Disassembled Kettlebell

There are six 5 lb plates and one 2.5 lb plate. The kettlebell handle weighs 22.5 lbs and the lock-screw weighs 2.5 lbs.

25 lb Kettlebell

Note how the screw pokes up. I haven't used it much in this configuration, so I can't say whether this affects usability or not.

40 lb Kettlebell

Several shots of a 40lb configuration. This is the configuration that I use most frequently.

57.5 lb Kettlebell

This uses all the plates in the kit. There's an additional kit which brings the weight total up to 80lbs. (I can post a photo of what that looks like if anyone wants to see it.)

Attached Images
    Last edited by KBKB; 08-25-2011 at 02:36 PM.

so how are you liking yours? I love mine.. I'm still trying to learn the moves and such

so how are you liking yours? I love mine.. I'm still trying to learn the moves and such
    For what I use it for - kettlebell swings - it's great. I've also loaded it up to 80lbs for goblet squats. Worked well for that too.

I haven't used it yet for any lifts which'll put the kettlebell in the rack position. Hence my earlier question. (I really need to learn how to do those lifts and then purchase - or borrow - a conventional kettlebell so that I can see what the difference is for myself...)

jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nice detailed pictures, I'm assuming you can use it with the long screws from the 120 lbs kit right?
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **
    Baltimore Ravens

Originally Posted by jprockjr View Post
    nice detailed pictures, I'm assuming you can use it with the long screws from the 120 lbs kit right?
    That's exactly right. I didn't see any point in purchasing the 80lb kettlebell kit since I already had the necessary plates and screws from the 120lb dumbbell kit.

Here are some shots of it in the 80lb configuration...

Attached Images

So is the extra weight kit worth the $100? What kind of work out require that amount?

jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    So is the extra weight kit worth the $100? What kind of work out require that amount?
    I've never used a Kettle Bell but I think it would be cool as **** to just do a trade-off with the dumb bells. Since all that weight is placed differently, it would bound to confuse those muscles even more :-)

lol Thanks james, I already have the KB and yes, its the bomb! lol

but I was asking about the upgraded weight to 80lb, and if it was worth the money...

but I was asking about the upgraded weight to 80lb, and if it was worth the money...
    I had been wondering which upgrade you meant because when I checked, I didn't see one that came close to $100. For the 80lb upgrade, it's $55 plus $18 shipping which comes to $73 total.

While I have had 80 lbs on mine, I haven't done all that much with it at that weight. I've used it for goblet squats and that's about it. I don't have enough time in with kettlebells yet to tell you how it might feel for other lifts. One thing that concerns me is that it makes a fairly long bell. I don't know for certain, but I think that an equivalent fixed-weight (36kg) bell would be wider and less tall. If I'm right, that weight distribution will make a difference when swinging it. Having more of the mass further away from your body should make it more difficult to control. Not necessarily a bad thing, just different from a real kettlebell.

I've ordered a 16kg and a 20kg kettlebell from Lifeline USA. When I get them, I'll post some side-by-side comparison photos of an equivalent weight (or as close as I can get) Ironmaster kettlebell so that we can all see how they compare in height and girth. Obviously, I won't have a 36kg bell, so I won't be able to do that comparison, but it may be possible to extrapolate from the smaller sized bells.

I've been working on the kettlebell clean too, so I'll be able to give my impressions of how the two feel when doing this lift and also when in the rack position. (I think I've finally figured out how to not make the bell bang into my wrist / forearm near the end of the motion.)

Thank you, Right now... I'm just looking for follow along dvd kettlebell workouts like bob Harper kettle bell cardio, I LOVE IT!! lol it's tuff, until I get the mechanics of it, and learn how to put together a good workout.. it's not like DBs, you can just say it's arm day! lol

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you, Right now... I'm just looking for follow along dvd kettlebell workouts like bob Harper kettle bell cardio, I LOVE IT!! lol it's tuff, until I get the mechanics of it, and learn how to put together a good workout.. it's not like DBs, you can just say it's arm day! lol
    Try something like this:

that looks wicked.. but i only have one kettlebell

that looks wicked.. but i only have one kettlebell
    Then switch hands every 30 seconds. Instead of renegade rows, do a single bent over row and switch hands after 30 seconds.

Ironmaster / Lifeline 20kg comparison photos

I received my Lifeline USA kettlebells today. I set up the Ironmaster adjustable kettlebell to a nominal 45lbs, which is the closest I can get to configuring a 20kg kettlebell.

Weight Comparison

Both kettlebells weighed in a bit underweight. The nominal weight of the Ironmaster kettlebell is 45 lbs, but it weighed in at 44.6 lbs. The Lifeline kettlebell should weigh 20 kg or 44.1 lbs, but it weighed 43.8 lbs.

The scale does not always show objects as being underweight. I also ordered two 8 kg kettlebells (which is about 17.6 lbs). The scale showed them as weighing 17.59 lbs and 17.9 lbs. So one of the 8kg kettlebells was slightly under (but probably within the margin of error for the scale) and the other one was 0.3 lbs overweight.

Front View

The front view shows that the Ironmaster handle is bigger in almost all respects except for thickness. The Ironmaster kettlebell handle is 1.36" in diameter. The Lifeline USA kettlebell handle is 1.5" in diameter.

The center of mass for the Ironmaster kettlebell appears to be lower than that for the Lifeline USA kettlebell.

I expected the Ironmaster kettlebell to be taller, but the disparity in height was less than I expected.

Side View

Top View

Attached Images

Interesting pics.

You can really see how the IM KB is going to touch at a point much further down the forearm.

Can you get a pic of you with one of each in the rack position?

BTW, the Lifeline bells are beautiful aren't they.

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    You can really see how the IM KB is going to touch at a point much further down the forearm.
    It does. But to be honest, for this size bell, the IM KB feels better to me right now. There's probably something subtle that I'm missing with how the Lifeline bell should be positioned. It's ending up pretty much on my wrist...

Can you get a pic of you with one of each in the rack position?
    I'll do that in a day or so. I want to first review Steve Cotter's treatment of the rack position in his Encyclopedia DVD. (Any maybe some other materials too...)

BTW, the Lifeline bells are beautiful aren't they.
    They are. Here are two videos where Jessica Rucker discusses their construction:

I wanna thank KBKB for REALLY bringing this thread to life! your pics, and reviews would have been great befor I bought my Ironmasters kettlebell, but it would have only help me to buy them, as I am super happy with mine. I think for the price and quality you can beat these, if I get REALLY in to kettlebell training, I'll buy a few full on cannons lol, but my IM will get me to where I am good and strong in every kettlebell exercise. Thank you KBKB and every one ells, too..

I would aslo stay far far away from the powerblock kettlebell, that thing looks like a nightmare!!
    lol

I wanna thank KBKB for REALLY bringing this thread to life! your pics, and reviews...
    Thanks for the kind words.

I'd like to acknowledge keyboardworkout who's the real kettlebell expert in this thread. More so than I am, anyway. He's been giving me some kettlebell tips and pointers over the last few months.

I have been doing bob harpers kettlebell cardio workout, during my rest week of p90x lol.. I see the fat coming of for sure, and I "feel" my muscles in my arms, if that makes any sense, I just feel stronger...

Really, thanks for every one with good solid info and making this thread something I wish I had when looking for a good kettlebell.. I highly recommend the Ironmasters, and any one out there, like me, do not hesitate to buy them. They make a good solid product. I will also now be checking out the lifeline kettlebells, for anything I might need in the future, but my IM cover most everything! lol

so KBKB, knowing what you know now, would you buy the IM again? Or would you spend the money on the LL KB?

so KBKB, knowing what you know now, would you buy the IM again? Or would you spend the money on the LL KB?
    Too early to say. Here are my thoughts so far...

At the moment, I'm finding the IM kettlebell to be more comfortable in the rack position, but that could be due to problems with my form. Or it could be that I bruised the wrist and top of forearm area too much when playing around with the smaller bells. (I was playing around with cleaning the 8kg bells and whacked my wrists pretty good. I wasn't used to using that light of a bell.) I need to let my arms heal up and then get more time in with the Lifeline bell before I can draw any firm conclusions.

One thing I noticed last night while comparing them is that the Lifeline handles are very nice. The IM handle has a slight burr or something that I hadn't noticed before. And, to be honest, it's never bothered me when using the bell; I just noticed it because the Lifeline handles are pristine. Here's a photo comparing just the handles. It came from the same photo used to create the overhead shot in that earlier comparison post. It's just cropped and composed differently. (The other photo was scaled too; this one's not.)

You can make out that burr - or whatever it is - in this photo. It's the light colored mark about a third of the way down.

Attached Images