Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

▓▒░ Ash159's Workout Log ░▒▓

Ash159's Workout Log

Introduction
    Basically, I have always been skinny throughout my life and I have went to the gym and have built a little bit of muscle but never really anything noticeable and I want this to change so I've decided I'm going to change my diet and my workout in order to get some nice results. I will start off by saying a little bit about myselfand why I'm doing the log. I have been looking around for the best workout to start with in order to get some strength as a beginner and it seems that "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe is the way to go. I have also checked the forum whether this is good or not and I came across babylover's post on the thigns wrong with "Starting Strength" and he seems to know what he is doing so I am going to use his version of "Starting Strength"
    Here is a link to it: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135564721
    I also sometimes do a hypertrophy leg workout as well at the gym with my friend, this would be something as an extra once a week.

Stats
    Currently I am: 5' 11" and weighing 150lbs.
    My Bodyfat Percent is around 10%.
    I will be doing 5 workouts a week including 4 modified "Starting Strength" workouts and 1 leg hypertrophy workout.

Nutrition
    I have worked out my macros from looking in the nutrition section of the forum and as I would like to bulk to around 180lbs I will be eating over my Maintenance everyday. I will be posting everyday with my previous day's nutritional stats so you can get a feel of the macros I'm eating.

The Long-Term Goal!
    My long-term Goal would be to be around 180lbs with 8% bodyfat. I think I can do it just gotta keep doing what I'm doing.

As for pictures I will be adding some of my last months lifting into my bodyspace later today, this is with a cutting diet to try and acheive the six pack abs but I have decided this is not all that I want.

Constructive critiscm is awesome!

I will be putting my first workout entry up tomorrow.

Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ash159 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just so everyone knows I have had the weekend off and I will be updating the blog tomorrow with the workout I do and I will record my food aswell so I will tell me my nutrition the day after.

Awesome start to the day earlier, had a nice 1k calories breakfast. Now to do a workout then I will edit this with the Starting Strength workout I do.

22/08/11

Workout

22/08/11's workout was a "Starting Strength" workout usually I would add extras on but I didn't have time so I just kept it normal.

Squats

2x5 - 10kg/22lbs
    1x5 - 17.5kg/38.5lbs
    1x3 - 22.5kg/49.5lbs
    1x2 - 27.5kg/60.5lbs
    3x5 - 35kg/77lbs

Bench Press

2x5 - 15kg/33lbs
    1x5 - 20kg/44lbs
    1x3 - 25kg/55lbs
    1x2 - 30kg/66lbs
    3x5 - 35kg/77lbs

Deadlift

2x5 - 15kg/33lbs
    1x5 - 20kg/44lbs
    1x3 - 25kg/55lbs
    1x2 - 30kg/66lbs
    3x5 - 35kg/77lbs

I know the lifts aren't great but I will get there, bear in mind I have not took the weight of the Barbell into consideration in these lifts.

Cardio/Fitness

15 Lengths of the Swimming Pool

In terms of Nutrition I didn't check yesterday but today I have had a 1.1k breakfast.

With all my exercises I have took videos which I am going to post in the Exercises section in order to check I have good form on all my exercises.

I am not doing a workout today but I am going football training so that will be some good Cardio.
    Last edited by Ash159; 08-24-2011 at 04:00 PM.

23/08/11

Nutrition

3195 Calories
    96g Fat
    348g Carbs
    167g Protein
    65g Sugars

More detailed Nutrition
    2636mg Sodium
    3860mg Potassium
    45g Dietary Fiber
    28g Saturated Fats

Very happy with today's diet, I felt I could have had more Protein but I have so much more on Workout days don't feel the need to have so much on non workout days.

Someone just comment haha, I felt I was doing this thread pretty well.
    Last edited by Ash159; 08-24-2011 at 03:34 PM.

LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Solid log so far my friend, subbed! Will be checking in on you often Looking forward to see your form on these videos. I would advise AGAINST doing the hypertrophy workout with your friend as adding ANYTHING to SS alters the way you recover, and since strength with heavy loads is your main focus you want to minimise that as much as possible. Do the program as intended with maybe up to 2 accessory exercises at the end (2 sets of chins, dips, abs or curls for example). I would honestly stick with the original for optimum progression. I would also avoid the swimming/cardio if you want to build muscle, if you are trying to lose weight it would be ok but otherwise maximise your recovery.

Count the weight of the bar when you write down your lifts. The typical olympic bar is 20kg.

For your nutrition refer to this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1703981&page=1

Looking forward to the journey!
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135503371

nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Subbed also!

Please, add those 20kg to the lifts if you may next time

Originally Posted by LukeMcD View Post
    Solid log so far my friend, subbed! Will be checking in on you often Looking forward to see your form on these videos. I would advise AGAINST doing the hypertrophy workout with your friend as adding ANYTHING to SS alters the way you recover, and since strength with heavy loads is your main focus you want to minimise that as much as possible. Do the program as intended with maybe up to 2 accessory exercises at the end (2 sets of chins, dips, abs or curls for example). I would honestly stick with the original for optimum progression. I would also avoid the swimming/cardio if you want to build muscle, if you are trying to lose weight it would be ok but otherwise maximise your recovery.

Count the weight of the bar when you write down your lifts. The typical olympic bar is 20kg.

For your nutrition refer to this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1703981&page=1

Looking forward to the journey!
    The problem is I have to do some Cardio because I play Football & Rugby both for Team and School so although I want to build muscle I can't let my fitness go down to much as I play Wing in Rugby & Center Back in Football I do have to still be able to run fast and be fit. I have worked out all my Marcos already from those posts. I'm taking your advice on the Hypertrophy workout then, I will stop doing that immediately but I don't feel I will be able to stop the Cardio as reasons I have just mentioned.

Originally Posted by nainchik View Post
    Subbed also!

Please, add those 20kg to the lifts if you may next time
    Thanks Alot, great to have the support I only have a Standard Bar so it only weighs 10kg, hard to believe how weak I am I know haha. Just didn't want to start too high so I couldn't progress anywhere.

In terms of a workout I haven't done one today nor will I do be doing one until next Tuesday as I'm away with the family for the whole weekend and I have my GCSE Results tomorrow so I won't be working out then.

LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LukeMcD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Ash159 View Post
    The problem is I have to do some Cardio because I play Football & Rugby both for Team and School so although I want to build muscle I can't let my fitness go down to much as I play Wing in Rugby & Center Back in Football I do have to still be able to run fast and be fit. I have worked out all my Marcos already from those posts. I'm taking your advice on the Hypertrophy workout then, I will stop doing that immediately but I don't feel I will be able to stop the Cardio as reasons I have just mentioned.

Thanks Alot, great to have the support I only have a Standard Bar so it only weighs 10kg, hard to believe how weak I am I know haha. Just didn't want to start too high so I couldn't progress anywhere.

In terms of a workout I haven't done one today nor will I do be doing one until next Tuesday as I'm away with the family for the whole weekend and I have my GCSE Results tomorrow so I won't be working out then.
    1. That's fair enough, just compensate and eat more calories when you're burning more then. You can keep your cardiovascular health in great condition but don't expect to remain SUPER lean with bulking calories

2.We all start somewhere. 3 months ago I was squatting 55kg, now I'm past 100kg! Not only that but I'm almost 2 years older than you. When you're my age you'll be out-squatting me now if you stick at it, I wish I started so young. Good choice on not starting too high also because ego lifting = problematic! Start including the weight of the bar in your lifts so it's easier for others to grasp what's going on!

3. Best of luck with your results! After this busy week knuckle down with your training, consistency is key

Thanks for taking my advice on board, I'll critique your form when you get some videos up and I'll provide some helpful links.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

1. That's fair enough, just compensate and eat more calories when you're burning more then. You can keep your cardiovascular health in great condition but don't expect to remain SUPER lean with bulking calories

2.We all start somewhere. 3 months ago I was squatting 55kg, now I'm past 100kg! Not only that but I'm almost 2 years older than you. When you're my age you'll be out-squatting me now if you stick at it, I wish I started so young. Good choice on not starting too high also because ego lifting = problematic! Start including the weight of the bar in your lifts so it's easier for others to grasp what's going on!

3. Best of luck with your results! After this busy week knuckle down with your training, consistency is key

Thanks for taking my advice on board, I'll critique your form when you get some videos up and I'll provide some helpful links.
    1. I will have to just eat abit more then that is not a problem I mean I will just eat more and just keep track of what Cardio I am doing. I'm not planning on stay SUPER lean don't worry just I'm definitely not planning on getting fat.

2. I know I'm not into all that ego lifting, I will include the bar in my lifts now.

3. Thanks alot, I will knuckle down as soon as I get back. I have been working out for like 2 years already committed don't think I will mess this up now.

Videos, not sure whether I will be able to get them on tonight as I have the videos on two phones one has been fine to sort out but one has been a right pain to upload the videos.

24/08/11

Nutrition

3200 Calories
    98g Fat
    395g Carbs
    167g Protein
    117g Sugars

More detailed Nutrition
    2752mg Sodium
    3082mg Potassium
    51g Dietary Fiber
    27g Saturated Fats

Can't believe I actually hit the calories exactly today pretty pleased about that, I mean with the Sugar I am not that happy about but it was all like Sugar from Fruits so it should be fine. Gonna have a big breakfast tomorrow I think as I found it hard to eat the amount of calories today as I had a small lunch and found I had to snack alot to make up for my small lunch.

I also added Saturated Fats so I can keep an eye on these aswell.

nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000)
    As Luke said, we all start somewhere It would be really easier for you in the first place to include this number

Anyway, best of luck with your goals!

Originally Posted by nainchik View Post
    As Luke said, we all start somewhere It would be really easier for you in the first place to include this number

Anyway, best of luck with your goals!
    Thanks alot,

In terms of my GCSE results I got:

4 A's
    Business
    ICT
    RE
    Maths

4 B's
    English Language
    Geography
    Citizenship
    Science

3 C's
    French
    English Language
    Additional Science

I was very close with many results to the higher grade so I am pleased with this, I will be doing another workout at the start of next week and I will post a nutrition log later today.

Thanks alot,

In terms of my GCSE results I got:

4 A's
    Business
    ICT
    RE
    Maths

4 B's
    English Language
    Geography
    Citizenship
    Science

3 C's
    French
    English Language
    Additional Science

I was very close with many results to the higher grade so I am pleased with this, I will be doing another workout at the start of next week and I will post a nutrition log later today.
    awesome results man, what next? college? if so what you studying?

Last year I got 1 A, 5 Bs, 4 Cs (1 D and 1 E lololol they were piss around lessons).

So good job!
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

awesome results man, what next? college? if so what you studying?

Last year I got 1 A, 5 Bs, 4 Cs (1 D and 1 E lololol they were piss around lessons).

So good job!
    Sixth Form studying Business, ICT, Geography and Maths. Then I will probably go onto something like Business Management in University.

abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    in for this, what are your starting lifts like?

Originally Posted by abcdefg94 View Post
    in for this, what are your starting lifts like?
    I haven't done my max's I have done over a 110lb squat shall I practice today or something I mean I just started with my Starting Strength Starting Weights, I will hopefully improve a lot.

teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in and subbed, also what part of northamptonshire you from?? (i'm from there as well)

Originally Posted by teeeps View Post
    in and subbed, also what part of northamptonshire you from?? (i'm from there as well)
    I have messaged you over it, don't really want to tell the whole of bb.com where I live to be honest. Will be updating nutrition in like 10 minutes.

25/08/11

Nutrition

3617 Calories
    112g Fat
    426g Carbs
    159g Protein
    118g Sugars

More detailed Nutrition
    4406mg Sodium
    3088mg Potassium
    50g Dietary Fiber
    42g Saturated Fats

Notes on the Nutrition:
    Pleased with the food I have ate today I mean I could have had slightly better foods but I had a couple of Biscuits after my Rugby training which isn't really a problem because after 2 hours hard Rugby training I am sure that burns the calories from the Biscuits.

Won't be counting Calories over the weekend when I'm away with the family hopefully I can get back and sorted by Monday.

Ok, so I could back from the weekend away with the family late last night and I will be updating the blog with my Nutrition information and Workout information for the day in about 1 hour had a great day today in terms of Workout and Nutrition!

29/08/11

Workout

Squats

2x5 - 17.5kg/38.5lbs
    1x5 - 22.5kg/49.5lbs
    1x3 - 27.5kg/60.5lbs
    1x2 - 32.5kg/71.5lbs
    3x5 - 37.5kg/82.5lbs

Overhead Press

2x5 - 10kg/22lbs
    1x5 - 15kg/33lbs
    1x3 - 20kg/44lbs
    1x2 - 25kg/55lbs
    3x5 - 30kg/66lbs

Barbell Rows

2x5 - 10kg/22lbs
    1x5 - 15kg/33lbs
    1x3 - 20kg/44lbs
    1x2 - 25kg/55lbs
    3x5 - 30kg/66lbs

I felt the lifts where good today my first heavier lift today in my squat got it heavier by 2.5kg's I was really pleased by this.

I added some extra aswell into the program as it is seen in order to get Strength in all areas you need to add some exercises.

Standing Dumbbell Tricep Extension
    3 x 8 - 12.5kg/27.5lbs

Underhand Chin-ups - 10 reps
    Overhand Pull-ups - 15 reps

Usually I would do 20 Overhand Pull-ups but I couldn't do the last 5 so I felt 10 Underhand Chin-ups would be just as good.

Cardio/Fitness

No Cardio or fitness today.

I am in the process of uploading my videos for the exercises I took I will have a thread created tomorrow and I will post a thread in order to see if my form is good.

I will make another thread for my nutrition.

29/08/11

Nutrition

3192 Calories
    85g Fat
    385g Carbs
    190g Protein
    86g Sugars

More detailed Nutrition
    2942mg Sodium
    3770mg Potassium
    35g Dietary Fiber
    22g Saturated Fats

Notes on the Nutrition:
    I'm pleased how the day has went although I didn't get as much Fiber as I have in previous days I got very little saturated fats which is awesome.

What does everyone think about the amount of each Macro I am getting everyday?

strong overhead presses, make sure you're not using your lower back by leaning to accompany the lift and make sure you bring it down to the chest and lock out at the top each time. Good stuff so far
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

strong overhead presses, make sure you're not using your lower back by leaning to accompany the lift and make sure you bring it down to the chest and lock out at the top each time. Good stuff so far
    Thanks alot I am just waiting until today's workout so I can take the final videos in order to put the lot on youtube.

30/08/11

Workout

Squats

2x5 - 20kg/44lbs
    1x5 - 25kg/55lbs
    1x3 - 30kg/66lbs
    1x2 - 35kg/77lbs
    3x5 - 40kg/88lbs

Bench Press

2x5 - 17.5kg/38.5lbs
    1x5 - 22.5kg/49.5lbs
    1x3 - 27.5kg/60.5lbs
    1x2 - 32.5kg/71.5lbs
    3x5 - 37.5kg/82.5lbs

Deadlift

2x5 - 20kg/44lbs
    1x5 - 25kg/55lbs
    1x3 - 30kg/66lbs
    1x2 - 35kg/77lbs
    3x5 - 40kg/88lbs

Pleased with the lifts today found the 2nd set of squats hard I think it was because I was talking to someone as the 3rd set felt easier. I know the lifts aren't great but I will get there, bear in mind I have not took the weight of the Barbell into consideration in these lifts.

Overhand Pull-ups: 15 reps

Incline Rear Delt Flies:
    3x8 - 7.5kg/16.5lb Dumbells

E-Z Bar Curls
    3x8 - 20kg/44lb

Everything went well in the extras I added but I realised I went wrong with the last workout because I should of done dips not chin-ups or pull-ups but I will correct this next time.

Cardio/Fitness

No Cardio today.
    Last edited by Ash159; 08-30-2011 at 01:44 PM.

30/08/11

Nutrition

3248 Calories
    110g Fat
    379g Carbs
    161g Protein
    145g Sugars

More detailed Nutrition
    4369mg Sodium
    5579mg Potassium
    36g Dietary Fiber
    39g Saturated Fats

Notes on the Nutrition:
    Not very happy with today as I didn't get as much protein as I hoped to get I wanted to get around 200grams as this was a workout day but I couldn't be bothered to cook and had some chocolate so that is what my sugars so high.
    Going to try and get a much better diet tomorrow.

31/08/11

Workout

Squats

2x5 - 22.5kg/49.5lbs
    1x5 - 27.5kg/60.5lbs
    1x3 - 32.5kg/71.5lbs
    1x2 - 37.5kg/82.5lbs
    3x5 - 42.5kg/93.5lbs

Overhead Press

2x5 - 12.5kg/27.5lbs
    1x5 - 17.5kg/38.5lbs
    1x3 - 22.5kg/49.5lbs
    1x2 - 27.5kg/60.5lbs
    3x5 - 32.5kg/71.5lbs

Barbell Rows

2x5 - 12.5kg/27.5lbs
    1x5 - 17.5kg/38.5lbs
    1x3 - 22.5kg/49.5lbs
    1x2 - 27.5kg/60.5lbs
    3x5 - 32.5kg/71.5lbs

I wasn't very happy with my lifting today, I felt my OHP will need to be reset now because that was really hard and I think my form was going to pot because of the weight.

Standing Dumbbell Tricep Extension
    3x8 - 13.5kg/29.7lbs

Cardio/Fitness

No Cardio or fitness today.

Finished recording all my videos of the exercises now so I'm going to upload and make a thread in the Exercise section before I upload my Nutrition for the day.

31/08/11

Nutrition

3194 Calories
    94g Fat
    387g Carbs
    183g Protein
    107g Sugars

More detailed Nutrition
    4423mg Sodium
    3863mg Potassium
    40g Dietary Fiber
    28g Saturated Fats

Notes on the Nutrition:
    Much happier with the diet today it was good today and pleased with all my intakes just not sure if I'm getting enough protein do you think I need to be more around the 210g mark?

I won't be working out tomorrow due to Rugby Training but I am going to be on Friday will keep my Nutrition log going tomorrow though.

Curls for teh gurlz. MajorMelon's Avatar
    MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So you do lift? Intredasting indeed.

LOL, good stuff bro! cya on TC.
    RIP Az.

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆