jayjohnson2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trying to gain weight with ACID REFLUX

Hey guys, new to the board, just wanted dot say awesome website, great forum and information you got here.

Just a quick question regarding how to gain weight if one suffers from acid reflux/ acidity.

I am 26 years of age, weight about 62kg , i used to be just over 70, toned and built , however about 6 months ago i came down with a peptic ulcer (not sure what from) over training or H pylori virus ... but since 6 months ago i have not been able to train, i only started back into my training regime a few weeks ago but finding it dificult ot gain weight because i am on a ALKALINE DIET ( to heal my body and reduce acidity ) so i am wondering what i can do to gain my weight back because it seems i cant put my weight back on, anything i eat i just remain the same or it feels like i am loosing weight slowly, was wondering if they are any supplements/ proteins out there which are alkaline based? or as natural as you can get? because im worried about the ingredients in the normal supplements due to the sugar, and other unnecessary stuff they put in it that might effect the ulcer/body in the healing process.

If anyone can help that would be appreciative.

Registered User II Cybershot II's Avatar
    II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I used omeprazole for 2 months when I had some bad heartburn for a month straight and it's never been back.

tiko88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A year ago I used to weigh 149 lbs. I'm 6'1 and 1.5 months ago I weighed 185 lbs. Now i went down to 170 lbs due to my acid reflux. I lost 15 lbs within 1.5 months. I never had that in my life, and mine is stress related. When you can't lose your job and your boss is abusive, that's what helped develop acid reflux. Now I'm struggling with it. Actually I had never taken any protein shakes or supplements to gain 35 lbs within a year. I just drank a glass of lemon (half lemon) and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil with orange juice before going to bed. Now when I have acid reflux, I can't drink it anymore, plus I can't eat as much as I used to eat. I'm still struggling to find a solution to my GERD other than quitting my job. When I get heartburn or discomfort in stomach, I take half teaspoon baking soda, add 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar, leave it until it calms down, then add water to fill cup and drink the whole think. I'm using ginger, I'm eating aloe vera leaves, taking Healthy Trinity probiotics. My condition has gotten better, but not so much better that I could continue drinking the lemon and olive oil mixture.

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Overtraining is not a cause of stomach ulcers. Stomach ulcers are generally treated with antibiotics and other medications. If you haven't already, please go and see a medical professional for advice.

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IF your having those issues for that period of time seek medical help. Unchecked this could cause greater issues down the line.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete