waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Arrow UPPER Body WORKOUT FOR MASS? CRITIQUE

Hi guys, would this be a good upper body workout to gain mass? Any suggestions?*

Monday

-Free weight flat bench press * -----3*8
    -Free weight incline bench press-----3*8
    -Machine flat bench press-----3*8
    -Incline machine bench press-----3*8

Tuesday

-Barbell curls --3*8
    -Dumbell curls --3*8
    -Wide grip pull-ups--3* Failure
    -chin ups --3* Failure
    -bent over rows--3*8
    -cable rows--- 3*8

Wednesday (Rest)

Thursday

-overhead press-----3*8
    -front raises-----3*8
    -lateral raises-----3*8*
    -shoulder shrugs-----3*8*
    -tricep extensions-----3*8
    -rope pushdowns-----3*8
    triangle pushups-----3*8

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No.

You are doing too much work and you dont need to be doing one muscle a group a day.

Get on a better routine such as upper/lower

terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) terahammer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no lower no care

waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) waqas_pk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Im sorry, i forgot to mention. I have one day for legs which is Friday. I just wanted to have one set day for check so that i could do all of the bench presses. one of my friends recommended that, he is ripped. but i can see how that would be too much. any other suggestions about the rest?
    Originally Posted by terahammer View Post
    no lower no care

Originally Posted by joebrosef View Post
    No.

You are doing too much work and you dont need to be doing one muscle a group a day.

Get on a better routine such as upper/lower
    Im not doing one muscle group a day. Just on the chest day I am only working with the bench presses, but still that works more than one muscle group =\

umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No squats. No deadlifts. Only training each bodypart once a week...

Wtf are you doing breh?

As i mentioned above, I do legs on separate days. How often, do you work each muscle group?
    Originally Posted by umad******* View Post

Wtf are you doing breh?

fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100) fit4life1991 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by umad******* View Post

Wtf are you doing breh?
    not to mention the routine itself is horrible. No machines. Biceps to start the day??? Your heaviest lift bent over rows are your 5th workout??? Imo I don't like any of this routine, but those are the big ones. I can't even get started on Thursday...

jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jzb786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by waqas_pk View Post
    Hi guys, would this be a good upper body workout to gain mass? Any suggestions?*

Monday

-Free weight flat bench press * -----3*8
    -Free weight incline bench press-----3*8
    -Machine flat bench press-----3*8
    -Incline machine bench press-----3*8

Tuesday

-Barbell curls --3*8
    -Dumbell curls --3*8
    -Wide grip pull-ups--3* Failure
    -chin ups --3* Failure
    -bent over rows--3*8
    -cable rows--- 3*8

Wednesday (Rest)

Thursday

-overhead press-----3*8
    -front raises-----3*8
    -lateral raises-----3*8*
    -shoulder shrugs-----3*8*
    -tricep extensions-----3*8
    -rope pushdowns-----3*8
    triangle pushups-----3*8
    Theres a few things I would change personally:

Chest: Take out the machine exercises. I have incline dumbbell flies and cable crosses in my routine instead. I also start with incline dumbbell press instead of flat dumbbell press but that's just my preference.

Back/Bi: Definitely do your back before bi's.

Shoulders/Traps/Tri's: I would keep overhead/military press first and do dumbbell presses next, then superset front/lateral raises. It might also be a good idea to hit your rear delts too. Instead of tricep extensions and rope pushdowns I think you should start with a couple better massbuilders like close grip bench press/ skull crushers / dips (weighted if you can). Take triangle pushups out and replace it with the 3rd option.

Just my 2 cents

Thanks for the input!!!!!Definately will add skull crushers/dips. And yea, sounds like a good idea to do back before biceps!
    Originally Posted by jzb786 View Post
    Theres a few things I would change personally:

Chest: Take out the machine exercises. I have incline dumbbell flies and cable crosses in my routine instead. I also start with incline dumbbell press instead of flat dumbbell press but that's just my preference.

Back/Bi: Definitely do your back before bi's.

Shoulders/Traps/Tri's: I would keep overhead/military press first and do dumbbell presses next, then superset front/lateral raises. It might also be a good idea to hit your rear delts too. Instead of tricep extensions and rope pushdowns I think you should start with a couple better massbuilders like close grip bench press/ skull crushers / dips (weighted if you can). Take triangle pushups out and replace it with the 3rd option.

Just my 2 cents

Is working each body part once a week fine?

jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Get on a proper routine like SS/FBW/upper lower/push pull legs/split where you hit each muscle group twice a week.

Remember, frequency>volume

I tried to keep it as close to push/pull as possible. I don't see how i can do each exercise twice per week and still keep*Wednesdays*and the weekend off.
    Originally Posted by jarekd1234 View Post
    Get on a proper routine like SS/FBW/upper lower/push pull legs/split where you hit each muscle group twice a week.

Remember, frequency>volume
    Last edited by waqas_pk; 08-07-2011 at 07:11 AM.

ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500)
    My routine... honestly you'd be bettwe off using this.

Monday
    Push
    Decline BB bench: 3x8-10
    Flat Db bench press: 3x8-10
    Dips: 3x8-10
    Military press: 5x5
    Rear delt raises: 2x10-12
    Side raises: 2x10-12
    Close grip bench: 3x8-10
    Skullcrushers: 3x8-10

Wedesday
    Pull
    Chins: 3x8-10
    Hyper extensions/Db pullovers: 3x8-10
    Bent over rows: 5x5
    Deadlifts: 5x5 (ramping weight to one working set of 5)
    Cable rows: 3x8-10
    Incline DB curls: 3x8-10
    Straight BB curls/Cable curls: 2x10-12

Friday
    Legs
    Squats: 3x9-10
    Leg press: 3x10-12
    Hack squat: 3x10-12
    SLDL: 3x6-8
    Calve raises: 3x10-12

People might not agree, but it's worked for me...

Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    seriously just do f*cking stronglifts 5x5. Then move on to Madcows 5x5 and eat alot

ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ATeeGee View Post
    My routine... honestly you'd be bettwe off using this.

Monday
    Push
    Decline BB bench: 3x8-10
    Flat Db bench press: 3x8-10
    Dips: 3x8-10
    Military press: 5x5
    Rear delt raises: 2x10-12
    Side raises: 2x10-12
    Close grip bench: 3x8-10
    Skullcrushers: 3x8-10

Wedesday
    Pull
    Chins: 3x8-10
    Hyper extensions/Db pullovers: 3x8-10
    Bent over rows: 5x5
    Deadlifts: 5x5 (ramping weight to one working set of 5)
    Cable rows: 3x8-10
    Incline DB curls: 3x8-10
    Straight BB curls/Cable curls: 2x10-12

Friday
    Legs
    Squats: 3x9-10
    Leg press: 3x10-12
    Hack squat: 3x10-12
    SLDL: 3x6-8
    Calve raises: 3x10-12

People might not agree, but it's worked for me...
    Dont agree at all, Frequency>volume.

ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by ChestNazi View Post
    Dont agree at all, Frequency>volume.
    There's no evidence of that? If so show me.

Any beginner will gain well from a half decent routine, wioth correct nutrition etc.

ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChestNazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's no evidence of that? If so show me.

Any beginner will gain well from a half decent routine, wioth correct nutrition etc.
    Haha yes there is evidence. Hitting everything 2x a week is far better than 1x a week.

Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ptosello4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Originally Posted by ChestNazi View Post
    Haha yes there is evidence. Hitting everything 2x a week is far better than 1x a week.
    There was a thread here not long ago saying there is no scientific evidence. Where can I find evidence of it. Because from what i've seen myself, using push/pull/legs i've gotten from 119-153 in 5 months. My gains would be better if I had used more frequency..?

jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There was a thread here not long ago saying there is no scientific evidence. Where can I find evidence of it. Because from what i've seen myself, using push/pull/legs i've gotten from 119-153 in 5 months. My gains would be better if I had used more frequency..?
    Another common myth deals with training frequency. ALL THE TIME people make these ridiculous splits and worry about overtraining.

http://forum.body-fitness.nl/The-inf...y-m500296.aspx

Here are a few quotes directly from that article:

"Some evidence suggests that the training frequency has a large impact on the rate of gain in muscle volume for shorter periods of training."

"For hypertrophy, studies suggest that training two or three times per week is superior to training one time per week, even when volume is equal."

But you don't train for size, you train for strength????

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16287373

This is from a meta-analysis of a ****load of people. It's not a little study on a small group. It shows that maximal strength gains for beginners (which most people who ask are) are elicited at 3 days/week.... And it then moves to 2 days/week and STAYS THERE. Never does it mention the best strength gains occurring when you train once per week (I can see an argument possibly being made for the elite, but no one here is, so it's irrelevant).

MYTH DENIED! You will not die from training more than once per weekly, and on the contrary, you will more than likely actually gain BETTER with the increase in training frequency.
    Muscles do not need 7 days to recover.

TeenageBuilder is just really nice. (+1000) TeenageBuilder is just really nice. (+1000) TeenageBuilder is just really nice. (+1000) TeenageBuilder is just really nice. (+1000) TeenageBuilder is just really nice. (+1000) TeenageBuilder is just really nice. (+1000) TeenageBuilder is just really nice. (+1000) TeenageBuilder is just really nice. (+1000) TeenageBuilder is just really nice. (+1000) TeenageBuilder is just really nice. (+1000) TeenageBuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    no back work? wtf man, might aswell just not lift at all
    1k+

J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Use a proven workout that has been tried and tested over the years, don't make your own, it might not work and you will have wasted precious time. StrongLifts.com is fantastic, many people have seen good gains on this, providing you eat lots.

B116 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) B116 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) B116 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) B116 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) B116 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) B116 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) B116 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) B116 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) B116 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) B116 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) B116 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by waqas_pk View Post
    Is working each body part once a week fine?
    I do it and many other people on here do it as well and it works for them, Do what gets you the best gains and experiment with different programs, workout, etc.

Ethzz is not very helpful. (-500) Ethzz is not very helpful. (-500) Ethzz is not very helpful. (-500) Ethzz is not very helpful. (-500) Ethzz is not very helpful. (-500) Ethzz is not very helpful. (-500) Ethzz is not very helpful. (-500) Ethzz is not very helpful. (-500) Ethzz is not very helpful. (-500) Ethzz is not very helpful. (-500) Ethzz is not very helpful. (-500)
    Your routine is so awful.Please disdain from ever working out again,or do it correctly. Monday -Chest, Tuesday -Bicep,Back *Thursday- Shoulder/Tri. * * * wow..just wow. * * * * No deadlifts on back day? *No legs day. Wait,you do have one? Squats...ONCE a week? * * *go do 5x5 or something. * fail

Originally Posted by B116 View Post
    I do it and many other people on here do it as well and it works for them, Do what gets you the best gains and experiment with different programs, workout, etc.
    Hitting each muscle group 2x-3x per week is more beneficial than hitting it 1x per week. Just because it works doesn't mean it can't work better.

Frequency>Volume