kovenantronic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kovenantronic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kovenantronic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Just Starting out , need some direction based on pics and details I have provided

Hi I am 23 years old and have been considering getting back into a regular excersise routine. I never been able to stick to a routine longer than two months , because I always saw huge results and then I would get excited , followed by being lazy afterwards. I never had a issue with gaining weight up until I turned age 19 and decided to let myself go. My diet for the next 4 years was fastfood at least 2 -3 times a day. My daily activities included sitting on the computer over 6 + hours a day playing vid games etc. Mind you I did work , but my work required little activity. It took me 4 years ,but I gained over 40 pounds. When I was 18 I was 170 pounds. By the age of 23 I was at 210. Slowly and surely I made my way to this weight by being the most lazy, unmotivated, and lame individual. I decided 6 months ago I was tired of being fat. So I stopped eating junk food , starting eating more healthier. I also ran 1 hour each day on my eliptical trainer I had purchased. I ran for a total of 2 -3 times a week. Within a month I had lost over 45 pounds. I was now back to 165 and looking great again. Since then (6 months later) I have been lazy again , but managed to only gain one pound. My eating habbits are somewhat bad , but haven't engaged in fast food more than one time a week. I never had a issue loosing weight , as I had never been fat up until that last point. As far as muscle building. The most I have ever done was when I was 18 for a two month session , which I accrued huge gains and got major stretch marks near my bicepts , which ultimately I disliked and quit. I always had a natural fit body without much effort, my muscles mainly my bicepts have been fairly large since I was a little kid. Anyway this is the background I have come with. My current goal Is to gain some more muscle and develope a six pack while staying lean. I really don't want to get into complicated things like suppliments , calorie counting at least until I reach a plateau or a point when I want to take it to the next level. My current equipment that I have is a Eliptical trainer with high resistance mods , few dumbells , and push up bars. Currently in my financial situation I don't have the money to invest in a gym membership (YET). With this equipment in mind and my pictures of my body. Where do you think I should go and stat from here? Your thoughts? Opinions? Thanks ~ My Body as it stands at 167 pounds.

kovenantronic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kovenantronic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kovenantronic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Maybe I put to much restrictions on the advice I was looking for. If someone can tell me what my body fat % looks like maybe we can go from there. Should I bulk? Cut? If so how much , how long? My waist is currenty 28 inches , my height is 5-11 to 6 foot depending on shoes on etc. As described above the body I want to achieve. I am getting a gym membership , so I know I limited myself in the above equipment , but it's what i can do for now. Just if you were me what direction would you immediately take?

Thumbs down

Well thanks for all the sweet comments , guess i'll go to a diff forum eh

Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kovenantronic View Post
    Well thanks for all the sweet comments , guess i'll go to a diff forum eh
    Your BF is not overly high, but you obviously need more muscularity. In your shoes I would follow a beginners lifting program maybe something like Rippertoe's or madcow 5x5, otherwise focus on the compound lifts and correct form.

Eat plenty of good clean food, sort your nutrition, get plenty of sleep and you'll see good results in 6 months.