Closed Thread
    CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Best treatment for snapping triceps?

Been lifting for about 15 months now, and about 8-10 months ago, I went real heavy on skull crushers and felt something pop in my elbow, and ever since then, I've had snapping triceps. I'm not sure if I overstretched the tendon and it just never shortened back up, or if I tore some connective tissue that holds the tendon in it's "groove," but whatever I did, it seems to be permanent.

It doesn't interfere too much with my workouts; I use a simple strap around the base of my tricep when doing triceps exercises now, and that seems to provide enough compression to keep the tendon from rolling over the bone when my arm passes 90 degrees, but even still, I would love to have this fixed. From what I have seen, surgery seems to be a last resort option with less than favorable results. Has anyone with this problem ever tried prolotherapy, or any other unconventional treatment and had good results? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    dude that sounds horrible, thats really all the help i can offer haha. Just ice it a lot and get in too see a doctor whenever you can. If you can't afford a doctor you might want to take a week or two off and keep icing/resting it because that sounds like the kind of thing that just keeps getting worse, best of luck
    Dallas Cowboys -

Mavericks-

Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    get an MRI scan m8 , then take it from there . you tricep probly wont ever be as strong either . but goodluck with it .
    Ka0s :In my experience, doing heavy barbell squats, bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, rows, etc. builds no significant muscle mass.
    What you need to really get big is a solid routine which focuses on light weights and cable movements to really force blood into those muscles and get that deep burn & powerful contraction

CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    While I appreciate the good intentions, it sounds like you guys aren't familiar with what this condition actually is; snapping triceps is not an acute injury (though it can result from one), but simply a condition where the tendon of the triceps rolls over the bone during arm flexion. It has nothing to do with muscle strength, as the muscle itself is not damaged. It just creates a mild popping sensation as it rolls back and forth over the bone, but isn't particularly painful or bothersome beyond that. An elbow wrap prevents it from rolling over the bone during workouts, and it doesn't really cause me any issues in my daily life - it would just be nice to have it fixed.

namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) namechange2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have something similar OP...when you do a narrow pushup do they snap? I hate that sht. I've had this popping (no pain really) for a while...maybe resting a month would help either of our cases.

Mine pops whenever my left arm passes about 90 degrees, so yes, if I do narrow stance pushups, it pops. What works well to prevent this is what I mentioned in my first post, and that is to simply use a basic wrap or elastic strap to provide a little compression at the base of the triceps near the elbow. This, at least in my case, prevents the tendon from rolling over the bone during workouts.

joeyyowee is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeyyowee is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeyyowee is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeyyowee is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeyyowee is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeyyowee is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeyyowee is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeyyowee is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeyyowee is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeyyowee is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeyyowee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bump. Does anyone else have this problem? About a month ago I felt a snap while I was doing tricep pushdowns and ever since then I felt snapping during all of my chest, shoulder, and tricep exercises. I'm not sure if I should continue working out unless I feel pain or if I should take a week off from pressing movements. Tricep pushdowns definitely aggravate it the most so I took that out of my routine completely and I replaced it with dips.

MelvinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    me too i have since august 2010. I hate it so much. But i cant seem to find any treatment for it on the net.

TrainInsane36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrainInsane36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys! Did you ever get through this issue? I have the exact same thing and don't know what to do, really pissed off I can't fix this, and based off of everything online about this, I really don't want to get surgery, scary ****, I'm only 16 and want everything to be all good and set up for me but atm my parents won't take me to the doctors so idk what to do, anyone have any ideas or what's worked for them with this issue??

Lex365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all let me just say I really feel your pain guys! Exactly like the poster my left tricep popped doing skull crushers. Initially i trained around it however after about a month I started getting shooting pains in my arm into my fingers and this is the ulnar nerve been aggregated.

With regard to treatment surgery is the only way to fix this. However you need to make sure they diagnose this right! I had an MRI scan and was given two ulnar nerve transposition surgeries when all along it was my tendon that was snapping. Eventually they picked this up with an ultrasound scan because it has to be a dynamic scan and not a static one to see the tendon flicking over. I have been injured over a year now and was only fully diagnosed about 2 weeks ago.

Surgery is not anywhere as bad as people are saying. Each time after surgery I have been back lifting within 6 weeks. The first surgery cured the ulnar nerve pain but this was purely because they moved it away from then tendon. Ok hoping to get it sorted finally very soon!

amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go to a doctor. I never understand why people would risk their health by asking random dudes on forums.
    "Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight ill ever know...
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day"

BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Kinesiology Tape Pro....research it and i vouch for this product...it actually works..

amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BananaTree23 View Post
    Kinesiology Tape Pro....research it and i vouch for this product...it actually works..
    Hate to be "that guy" but the fact you think it works is probably mind>matter. There is no scientific way (or findings may I add) that support the claims of KT tape, especially when you put the on the way the kt tape "experts" tell you to. People think it is better than the alternative athletic tape because it adds more "flexibility" and "comfort" but the reason athletic taping works is because it immobilizes that area " IE ankle so it dosnt twist". In fact it gained its fame in the olympics, were many athletes were seen supporting the tape. Little did we know, KT health, the makers of KT tape, were paying/sponsoring these athletes to wear the brightly colored tapes. And us back home assumed: "if the athletes do/sponsor it, then it must work! I need some of this ridiculously expensive tape!" (19.99 for 20 stripes of tape, usually need around 5 stripes for each use)

Anyway, this thread is 3 years old, no need to post anymore.
    "Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight ill ever know...
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day"

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BananaTree23 View Post
    The reason for the ban is fairly obvious here.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Hmmmm.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.