Registered User sempermotivated's Avatar
    sempermotivated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for an explanation for weight gain.

I have been on my new weight training program for about 3 weeks now. Im taking in between 2000-2200 calories per day. About 160g of protein. My program is based on compound sets, I do it four days a week. five days a week I do 1-2 hours of intense cardio and 30-45 min of intense core. Before I started this new program I was doing a full body work out three days a week and I was steadily losing weight, but I was not seeing any visible sign of muscle gain.

Since starting my new program I have been gaining about 1 pound a week. This makes no sense to me since in intensity and length of my workouts have increased. I know that I cant be gaining a pound of muscle a week. So I dont know where this is coming from. I will now decrease my calories because I know this is not the issue. My body fat is still dropping. I was just hoping someone could shed some light on an explanation.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Water weight. Stop being so concerned with what the scale tells you.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sempermotivated View Post
    I have been on my new weight training program for about 3 weeks now. Im taking in between 2000-2200 calories per day. About 160g of protein. My program is based on compound sets, I do it four days a week. five days a week I do 1-2 hours of intense cardio and 30-45 min of intense core. Before I started this new program I was doing a full body work out three days a week and I was steadily losing weight, but I was not seeing any visible sign of muscle gain.

Since starting my new program I have been gaining about 1 pound a week. This makes no sense to me since in intensity and length of my workouts have increased. I know that I cant be gaining a pound of muscle a week. So I dont know where this is coming from. I will now decrease my calories because I know this is not the issue. My body fat is still dropping. I was just hoping someone could shed some light on an explanation.
    ok
    1. i doubt you are eating 2-2200 calories a week. cause if u were you would lose weight by not working out at all. you are probably consuming more.
    2. your core does not require 45 minutes of working out. you treat it like every other muscle. working out your abs more than every other muscle is not going to make it grow faster or make a 6 pack appear.
    3. if you are intaking 2k calories you shouldnt be doing 1-2 hours of intense cardio because that is about 600 calories alone.

here are some questions to answer
    1. are you new to lifting? if so it may be muscle gain at the same time
    2. how much water are you intaking? it may just be water retention

1. I am fairly new to lifting. Im in the Marines so everything Ive done has been mostly cardio.

2. 1-1.5 gal of water a day.

I spend the time on my core because of a herniated disc and a bulged disc in my lower back. That 30-45 min also includes stretches and different physical therapy exercises.

I was wondering if the new muscle ive gained would be holding more water. Im not really sure how that works.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the PT exercises will only stay useful up to a certain point. you do the standard exercises but you should be intensifying them to weighted. i guess you havent reached that point yet.

i have an injury as well so i know what it is like. after my weight loss my pain actually went away.
    you could be gaining muscle it is very possible. pictures are your best friend. so make sure you take some.

Oh the change to my body is very apparent. My entire physique has changed, in a good way. Pain has decreased a lot since ive dropped weight and strengthened my core. I mean I still can not do certain things, and I prolly never will be able too, but the pain is much better.

Originally Posted by sempermotivated View Post
    Oh the change to my body is very apparent. My entire physique has changed, in a good way. Pain has decreased a lot since ive dropped weight and strengthened my core. I mean I still can not do certain things, and I prolly never will be able too, but the pain is much better.

you will be suprised what you can do after training(srs)

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's likely you are counting your calories wrong. Many people do it. Do you weigh everything you eat? Do you double check your logging methods to ensure they are accurate (macros to calorie content)? What is your macros like?
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

Originally Posted by TelusLob View Post
    It's likely you are counting your calories wrong. Many people do it. Do you weigh everything you eat? Do you double check your logging methods to ensure they are accurate (macros to calorie content)? What is your macros like?
    Brother, I work 16 hour days.... Im lucky to have time to add the calories up on anything much less weigh it.

kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm willing to bet you're a POG...just stop going to French Creek/BK/Dominos so much and hit PT road..and eat less portions at the chow hall.
    /Getting fat till Big 3 = 1000

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lol gotta love jville