Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much Protein is in YOUR scoop?? Do you know?

It's pretty basic, we all pretty much drink protein shakes. Have you ever stopped to figure out the protein percentage in your scoop? I did, and it's so easy.

If your label says each scoop gives you 20 grams of protein and each scoop is 30 grams, divide 20 by 30 = .67 x 100 = 67% protein. Easy!
    • BSN Syntha-6, 50% protein per scoop. Tastes GREAT, but what's in the OTHER half?!?
    • SciFit Econo Whey, 63% protein per scoop & REALLY cheap too.
    • Optimum Gold Standard, 77% protein per scoop.
    • Dymatize ISO 100 Whey, 86% protein per scoop. This is the protein I'm currently drinking... got it on sale at WheyCheap.com.
    These aren't my numbers, it's what's on the label(s). Run your own numbers and post the results. I know you're not going to get 100% protein in a tasty shake but dang, when I drink a protein shake it's because I want PROTEIN. Not fillers/additives!
    There's only one YOU in this world. Never again or never will there be someone like you again. Be the BEST "you" possible!

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My scoop is empty.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What if I really pack the powder into the scoop? Can I increase the protein percentage that way?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is this real life?

travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) travor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    What if I really pack the powder into the scoop? Can I increase the protein percentage that way?
    The scoop is what it is....

Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    Is this real life?
    Sure is! After I spent close to $35 for CRAPPY BSN Syntha-6 @ 50% protein per scoop... NEVER AGAIN!
    There's only one YOU in this world. Never again or never will there be someone like you again. Be the BEST "you" possible!

If you guys don't care about the percentages, just drink Jillian Michaels Whey... it's really cheap and it's got 15 grams protein per scoop, WOW! Almost as much as a full glass of milk.

So sad...

ilikeo-ringsinmyprotein Buddha_TL's Avatar
    Buddha_TL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buddha_TL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buddha_TL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buddha_TL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buddha_TL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buddha_TL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buddha_TL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buddha_TL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buddha_TL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buddha_TL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buddha_TL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Omg no way dude!

INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by travor View Post
    Sure is! After I spent close to $35 for CRAPPY BSN Syntha-6 @ 50% protein per scoop... NEVER AGAIN!
    dude...you are aware that syntha-6 has added carbs and fat?

wow

sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    travor is a genius.

Please tell us more adventures in mathematical division, OP. I am riveted.

justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i believe theres something like a nutrition facts table on every one of your supplements. Its all knowing.

CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10) CMSI is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    By the time most companies get done with adding flavoring, anti-caking agents and other fillers, the percentages are always going to end up like that. I switched over to Protein Factory a while ago because of this; you can buy the same protein powders that all the major manufaturers buy, but in pure form before everything else is added in. The only complaints that I've got with them is that their website is awkward and poorly designed, and they carry a lot of over-hyped non-sense products.

But, if you know what to get, it's cheaper and more pure than what you'll get anywhere else. If you want a recommendation, go with the CFM whey isolate - it's made by a company called Glanbia Nutritionals, and their filtration method produces protein that is 99.9% undenatured, which is very rare in this industry. In my opinion, this is the best protein on the market, hands down. Plus, Protein Factory gives you the option to add things like Aminogen and BCAAs to your powder if you want, which is pretty awesome. If you're looking for a better protein than what you're taking now, I'd give them a look (the CFM with Aminogen added to it is only like 12 bucks/pound).

Originally Posted by INGENIUM View Post
    dude...you are aware that syntha-6 has added carbs and fat?

wow
    Bought is solely on recommendations & reviews. Bought it blind but lesson learned. 50% protein per scoop, 50% other crap...

Originally Posted by sloop View Post
    travor is a genius.

Please tell us more adventures in mathematical division, OP. I am riveted.
    My Optimum Micronized Creatine is 100%, a 5g scoop gives me 5g creatine. I really should cut it down, add my own proprietary "anabolic blend" and sell it as creatine. People wouldn't know the difference, or even care, right? I think a 6:4 ratio would be fair...

Originally Posted by justfive View Post
    i believe theres something like a nutrition facts table on every one of your supplements. Its all knowing.
    You believe everything on those labels? It's up to the consumer to figure it all out really.

Let me phrase it a different way: how much protein do you want per scoop? If you settle for half the scoop being protein, what's in the other half? Sugar/sweetner? Cheap fillers?

OP is probably a phaggot yepimonfire's Avatar
    yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you guys don't care about the percentages, just drink Jillian Michaels Whey... it's really cheap and it's got 15 grams protein per scoop, WOW! Almost as much as a full glass of milk.

So sad...
    theres this stuff called designer whey where i work in the HHB dept. that literally is only 6g per scoop. it's like 20 bucks for a 1.5lb tub too.

of course, it has a hot lady with a tape measure tightly wound around her waist, so its gotta be good stuff.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You seem confused kid. Since when are fats and carbs a bad thing? You seem to think they are "crap". Go find me a protein with any significant amount of cheap fillers.

EDIT: Just noticed you're 44 years old. Geez...

Originally Posted by yepimonfire View Post
    theres this stuff called designer whey where i work in the HHB dept. that literally is only 6g per scoop. it's like 20 bucks for a 1.5lb tub too.

of course, it has a hot lady with a tape measure tightly wound around her waist, so its gotta be good stuff.
    LOL! Yeah, people buy that crap and tell all their friends how good (or bad) their protein powder tastes.

Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    You seem confused kid. Since when are fats and carbs a bad thing? You seem to think they are "crap". Go find me a protein with any significant amount of cheap fillers.

EDIT: Just noticed you're 44 years old. Geez...
    Hahaha... I'm a "kid" at heart. When I say "crap" what I mean is, each scoop is 44g and only HALF of THAT SCOOP is protein. The rest is crap: cheap fillers that BSN puts in there so they can fill the can as cheaply as possible. The Dymatize I got off WheyCheap is at 86% protein per scoop.

Registered User II Cybershot II's Avatar
    II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Syntha 6 has fat and carbs in it.

Originally Posted by CMSI View Post
    By the time most companies get done with adding flavoring, anti-caking agents and other fillers, the percentages are always going to end up like that. I switched over to Protein Factory a while ago because of this; you can buy the same protein powders that all the major manufaturers buy, but in pure form before everything else is added in. The only complaints that I've got with them is that their website is awkward and poorly designed, and they carry a lot of over-hyped non-sense products.
    OK, looks like you understand what I'm sayin'. I'm going to hit you up for the info soon. Thanks CMSI.

freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use Whey Protein Isolate from VW at 30g Protein a scoop. Can't speak for the good and bad in it, but I've been please now on my second 2lb tub. It was at the time one of the lower in bad fat and sodium. Many mixes tend to bump up the sodium for taste.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by freewait View Post
    I use Whey Protein Isolate from VW at 30g Protein a scoop. Can't speak for the good and bad in it, but I've been please now on my second 2lb tub. It was at the time one of the lower in bad fat and sodium. Many mixes tend to bump up the sodium for taste.
    Are you hypertensive?

hailuand has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hailuand has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hailuand has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hailuand has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hailuand has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hailuand has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hailuand has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hailuand has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hailuand has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hailuand has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hailuand has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im 12 and wat is this
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Celonarb My YouTube Channel, please subscribe <3
    Don't ask me if I lift, because I don't

sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm curious why the word "YOUR" is capitalized in the subject?

As opposed to, "How much protein is in POWERCAGE's scoop?"

"How much protein is in LouB's scoop?"

Originally Posted by sloop View Post
    I'm curious why the word "YOUR" is capitalized in the subject?

As opposed to, "How much protein is in POWERCAGE's scoop?"

"How much protein is in LouB's scoop?"

I wanted to emphasize the protein we all take. Not really any person in particular. Seems like nobody on this thread really seems to care about cheap fillers/additives, and I used to be the same way. If the scoop gave me 25g of protein, I was happy. Took a while to figure out that the supplement industry is no different than the coke dealer that cuts down the product, adds cheap filler, and sells it down the line, each doing the same. Like CMSI said, best to get your (or our) protein straight from the source like the supp companies do before they get their paws on it and start cutting.

Registered User Proposturalized's Avatar
    Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You believe everything on those labels? It's up to the consumer to figure it all out really.
    So the grams per scoop and grams of protein are spot on but everything else in nutrition labels is clearly misinformation. Got it.
    "Maybe strong is just what you have left when you've used up all your weak."

ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

My scoop is half empty .
    I'm awesammich.

EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am 12, and what is this?

NSCA CSCS
    ACSM EP-C

Originally Posted by Proposturalized View Post
    So the grams per scoop and grams of protein are spot on but everything else in nutrition labels is clearly misinformation. Got it.
    LOL, I wouldn't put it quite that way. The label is correct, the supp company just won't put, "52% Protein Per Scoop!" on the front of the tub. You gotta take the numbers they do give you and figure it out yourself. It would actually be pretty embarrassing for some of these supp companies to put the protein / filler ratio on their label. I don't blame them for hiding it.

LOL, I wouldn't put it quite that way. The label is correct, the supp company just won't put, "52% Protein Per Scoop!" on the front of the tub. You gotta take the numbers they do give you and figure it out yourself. It would actually be pretty embarrassing for some of these supp companies to put the protein / filler ratio on their label. I don't blame them for hiding it.
    Bro. Do you only consume protein all day or something? What is relevant to us is exactly what they put on the label: the supplement panel, stating the GRAMS of protein, carbs, and fats. No one tracks their macros by averaging the percentages by protein of every food they eat.

freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    Are you hypertensive?
    No, but Sodium controls fluid balance. I have a father who is a cardiologist and A diet high in sodium may raise blood pressure and cause fluid retention, resulting in swelling of the legs and feet. Water may also collect around the lungs and lead to shortness of breath.

The average American eats five or more teaspoons of salt each day. This is about 20 times as much as the body needs. Your body needs only one-quarter of a teaspoon of salt every day.

Just check out those "healthy" dinners a person pops in the microwave! Yikes. Look for foods showing 5% or less in sodium (very hard to do).

Cheers.

ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

My scoop is half empty .
    I'm awesammich.