LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Green Tea Extract (EGCG) and fatloss

I've searched everywhere. I keep reading in verious places that Green Tea, or more specifically EGCG aides in BLOCKING fat absorption. This bothers me considering we basically use fat as energy while on keto type diets yes?

I was considering stacking 1000mg of Green Tea Extract (50% EGCG) in the mornings with my Caffeine, YHCI and ALCAR 30-45 minutes prior to cardio..

I'm either reading something on BLOCKING fat absorption, or aiding in fatloss and increasing thermogenesis.

Thanks
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bump...

Anyone?
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Team MuscleTech Rep/EMT-B BlueRev's Avatar
    BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LiL USMC BBer View Post
    Bump...

Anyone?
    Its suppose to aid in fatloss, Not block it.
    I take green tea extract and have no problems.

see that's what I thought..

but I been reading ALOT, and keep seeing "blocks dietary fat absorption". Which really has me think that as good as green tea is, is not very keto friendly.

sarahope86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sarahope86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sarahope86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sarahope86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sarahope86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sarahope86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Yes, but caffeine throws you out of ketosis

I believe that caffeine is harmful to keeping your body in ketosis. Am i wrong? And green tea is full of caffeine. The two are counter-productive i believe... so try one or the other not both

Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Imran5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sarahope please explain to me "HOW DOES CAFFEINE THROW YOU OUT OF KETOSIS"? I thought Lyle talks about caffeine in his book ULTIMATE DIET 2.0, and he mentioned that it was okay to take caffeine on a KETO DIET? or is it?
    Yup that was me you saw coming down the SUGAR and SPICE!
    B.S Nutritional Science/Dietetics
    San Jose State University