singhie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cut More or Bulk?

I started cutting about 8 months ago and I am down to 149 lbs. I started hitting the gym about an year ago trying to cut the fat. I am 5'9 and starting weight was 172 lbs with 20% Body Fat.

Can I get rough estimates on body fat percentage? Also, should I bulk up or should I continue cutting at this point? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have been eating clean for past 8 months and consume around 1500-1800 calories per day. In addition, I take ON Whey Protein (1 - 1.5 scoops a day) and ON Multivitamins (2 times a day).
    Attached Images

johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by singhie View Post
    I started cutting about 8 months ago and I am down to 149 lbs. I started hitting the gym about an year ago trying to cut the fat. I am 5'9 and starting weight was 172 lbs with 20% Body Fat.

Can I get rough estimates on body fat percentage? Also, should I bulk up or should I continue cutting at this point? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have been eating clean for past 8 months and consume around 1500-1800 calories per day. In addition, I take ON Whey Protein (1 - 1.5 scoops a day) and ON Multivitamins (2 times a day).
    Based on the images it's kind of borderline, but I would say just based on the fact that you've been cutting for 8 months, it's time to switch it up and bulk. I would predict u'd look pretty tight after a few months of bulking and then another few of cutting.

Originally Posted by johnross456 View Post
    Based on the images it's kind of borderline, but I would say just based on the fact that you've been cutting for 8 months, it's time to switch it up and bulk. I would predict u'd look pretty tight after a few months of bulking and then another few of cutting.
    Thanks John, should I do any cardio while bulking up? Obviously, my calorie intake has to increase as well and thinking of doing a clean bulk if I choose to go that route.

maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm with John. I think a good clean bulk and then cut would work nice. It's really up to you if you want to continue cardio during the bulk. If you do make sure you account for the extra activity in your Cal intake. Change up your training routine also for the bulk, all of this will help when you want to cut down after.
    "500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are."

johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnross456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks John, should I do any cardio while bulking up? Obviously, my calorie intake has to increase as well and thinking of doing a clean bulk if I choose to go that route.

Np. As for cardio, it is good for the heart and stuff if you do it at high enough intensity and can increase your ability to lift heavy by giving you the breath to do it, but I think everyone around here agrees that it's not necessary for a bulk (or for a cut, for that matter). Like Maxedout said, it's up to you.

In case you didn't have a program in mind to start your bulk, I would recommend A Simple Beginner’s Routine by All Pro in the Workout Programs forum. I've been using it for 5 weeks now and it's great.

Thanks John. Please provide me with some Body Fat % estimates.

CLandry is a name known to all. (+5000) CLandry is a name known to all. (+5000) CLandry is a name known to all. (+5000) CLandry is a name known to all. (+5000) CLandry is a name known to all. (+5000) CLandry is a name known to all. (+5000) CLandry is a name known to all. (+5000) CLandry is a name known to all. (+5000) CLandry is a name known to all. (+5000) CLandry is a name known to all. (+5000) CLandry is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yes.. do cardio on a bulk

Thanks John. Please provide me with some Body Fat % estimates.
    I'm not too good with that, but I'd say maybe 14%.