Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Average male shoulder width?(Also your shoulder width)

Mines 50 inches in circumference, wondering what the average shoulder width is?
    Keep mods out your sig line

SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You measure shoulder width by standing against a wall with arms relaxed by side and getting someone to mark eash side with a pencil. Then measure the distance of the marks.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...lman_shoulders

Average shoulder width is like 17-18 inches wide, and thats for people that dont work out.

"20-inch-wide shoulders look significantly broader than average shoulders; 21-inch shoulders will get plenty of attention; 22-inch shoulders will draw stares from almost everyone; 23-inch shoulders are super heroic and will get you a ticket on the front row of Mr. Olympia contests; and 24-inch shoulders are as rare as a 500-pound overhead press."

CHEECH__7o7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEECH__7o7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEECH__7o7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEECH__7o7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEECH__7o7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEECH__7o7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEECH__7o7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEECH__7o7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEECH__7o7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEECH__7o7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEECH__7o7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thats pretty narrow for 6'1'' brah... some manlets have 52''+

chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chukabi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by CHEECH__7o7 View Post
    notsureifsrs, looking at the average for people who don't even lift, mine from left lateral deltoid to right lateral deltoid is 26 inches? Error?

SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000) SELCOUTH is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chukabi View Post
    notsureifsrs, looking at the average for people who don't even lift, mine from left lateral deltoid to right lateral deltoid is 26 inches? Error?
    There is no way your shoulders are 26 inches wide lol how the fuk are you doing the marks on the wall?

Originally Posted by SELCOUTH View Post
    There is no way your shoulders are 26 inches wide lol how the fuk are you doing the marks on the wall?
    Yeah, I stand up with my backflat on the wall, arms down by my side, and measure from left to right, 26 inches :/

Yeah, I stand up with my backflat on the wall, arms down by my side, and measure from left to right, 26 inches :/
    are your hands thouching your legs, no tensing aswell?

Also how are you marking each side with a pencil?

are your hands thouching your legs, no tensing aswell?

Also how are you marking each side with a pencil?
    I think that's the error, i'll try again?

I think that's the error, i'll try again?
    Done it again, 23 inches from left shoulder to right, got a mate to mark it on the wall then measured it with a tape measure. Dat good?

Kraank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kraank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kraank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kraank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kraank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kraank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kraank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kraank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kraank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kraank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kraank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    20.5 here.

///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000)
    No way, this guy is said to have 24" shoulders in the article...

Done it again, 23 inches from left shoulder to right, got a mate to mark it on the wall then measured it with a tape measure. Dat good?

So you are telling me your shoulders are 1 inch off Scott Wilson's who had some of the widest shoulders in bodybuilding? you are either not measuring properly or are e-stating.

Last edited by SELCOUTH; 07-26-2011 at 02:10 AM.

///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000) ///Mposter is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just measured mine at 20" and they look decently wide for my frame.

So you are telling me your shoulders are 1 inch off Scott Wilson's who had some of the widest shoulders in bodybuilding? you are either not measuring properly or are e-stating.

Am measuring properly, No need for e-stating...

Originally Posted by ///Mposter View Post
    I just measured mine at 20" and they look decently wide for my frame.

20inch shoulders are wide, you dont need to worry.

If you are over 19 inches you aint narrow.

20inch shoulders are wide, you dont need to worry.

If you are over 19 inches you aint narrow.
    Awesome, and im not lying either btw, i'd say a minimum of 22 and a maximum of 25 inches, would be my shoulder width from shoulder to shoulder.

maxedoutbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxedoutbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxedoutbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxedoutbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxedoutbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxedoutbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxedoutbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxedoutbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxedoutbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxedoutbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) maxedoutbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How do you measure?

Like this:

or this:

I think there is a little diference.

Awesome, and im not lying either btw, i'd say a minimum of 22 and a maximum of 25 inches, would be my shoulder width from shoulder to shoulder.
    I dont understand how you cant get an accurate measurment it pretty simple?

Originally Posted by maxedoutbrah View Post
    How do you measure?

I think there is a little diference.
    Ive already said in the 1st post.

You measure shoulder width by standing against a wall with arms relaxed by your side and getting someone to mark eash side with a pencil. Then measure the distance of the marks.

And dont flex either or lat spead you are just kidding yourself.

Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    50 cm for me

19.68 inches

but i feel narrow lol.

Ive already said in the 1st post.

You measure shoulder width by standing against a wall with arms relaxed by your side and getting someone to mark eash side with a pencil. Then measure the distance of the marks.

And dont flex either or lat spead you are just kidding yourself.
    Lol I don't flex or lat spread, I just stand there with hand on the side of my legs and no tensing, 23 inches...

anonymous
    just under 24

feels narrow, man... because I have a big head

btw that dude with the 'biggest shoulders in bodybuilding' would look like a middleweight next to Jay or todays top pros

Lol I don't flex or lat spread, I just stand there with hand on the side of my legs and no tensing, 23 inches...
    Im not saying you are lying thats just just godamn wide lol, You must have pretty strong shoulders then?

Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raxurus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think it has alot to do with shoulder shape and waist size aswell.

i have slopey sorta traps that go down like a triangle making my shoulders look narrow in a shirt but shirtless it looks pretty cool.

some others have the bulgey traps that meet at the end of there shoulders they look jacked both ways shirtless and shirt on.

Originally Posted by Raxurus View Post
    i think it has alot to do with shoulder shape and waist size aswell.

i have slopey sorta traps that go down like a triangle making my shoulders look narrow in a shirt but shirtless it looks pretty cool.

some others have the bulgey traps that meet at the end of there shoulders they look jacked both ways shirtless and shirt on.
    Mines a cross between narrow traps and bulgy traps, they go down but have a bit of a curve at the end, shoulders are pretty strong and whatnot, but I have ****ed rotator cuffs. but yeah, they're quite wide

Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    just under 24
    feels narrow, man... because I have a big head

btw that dude with the 'biggest shoulders in bodybuilding' would look like a middleweight next to Jay or todays top pros
    Fukin hell man thats ridiculous, do you have any idea what they might have been when you first started?

◄█▄ Whey to The Hey ▄█► Whey Hey's Avatar
    Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for later, will probably be like 19 inches though, Natural ecto FTL.

anonymous
    Fukin hell man thats ridiculous, do you have any idea what they might have been when you first started?
    lol they were tiny, I've put on 80lbs since then and dropped my bf%

theres a pic in my bodyspace of the horror.

from standing next to Jay and feeling tiny, I'd guess he would be 27+

the guy in the photo has 18" arms with his 24" shoulders for comparision so scale it up from there, jay has 22-23" arms

deltsbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deltsbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deltsbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deltsbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deltsbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deltsbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deltsbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deltsbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deltsbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deltsbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deltsbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CHEECH__7o7 View Post
    this

im 52' and haven't ran an actual bulk lol
    I rep back.

Wouldbboycurt/10

kebABS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kebABS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kebABS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kebABS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kebABS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kebABS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kebABS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kebABS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kebABS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kebABS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kebABS has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    21.5 @ 5"9'
    Broad as fuk cuz.
    "I'm training,dieting and resting well. I make mistakes. I am out of juice and sometimes even protein. But if you can't handle me when I'm all bloated on my cheat meal, then you sure as hell don't deserve me when I'm shredded."

-Marylin Monbro