FitnesSystems1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Started my Keto Diet today!! Any and all feedback is welcome

Ok.... So here we go. It is now 10pm Sunday night and I am getting ready for a long and adventurous journey down my very first CKD diet. A little background about me and then into my diet, training regiment and what my hopes are by doing this diet. I am currently a personal trainer, life coach and nutritional consultant in Los Angeles, CA and have recently been asked on numerous occasions whether or not I agree with and or be willing to write a nutritional regiment that deals with Ketosis. Truth is I have never done a Ketogenic Diet before, so I am not comfortable designing nor recommending it to a client, with that being said this is why I am attempting this for the next 30 days. The other reason I am doing it is I can't seem to break past that last couple body fat % and have hit a plateau. So, it only makes sense to try something completely different. I have read up on the Anabolic Diet, Ultimate Diet 2.0, Cut Diet (Not really a keto diet) T-nations cutting diet, Cyclical Keto Diet and some other ones and have come to the conclusion that what was being written makes sense and am now going to being tomorrow morning. Here is my stats starting out:

Height: 6'0

Weight: 180lbs

Body Fat: Last time it was tested last week was between 6-7%, I am going to go high and say 7%.

BMR: 1881

BMR+Activity: 2916

Target BMR with diet: 2250

My calories that I will be getting from my meals not including my PWO shake will be 2069 and out of that the breakdown will be as so:

Fat: 1300kcal/144 grams

Protein: 600kcal/150 grams (not including protein shake)

Carbohydrates: 90kcal/30 grams

This would breakdown roughly per meal to:

Fat 217kcal/24 grams

Protein: 100kcal/25 grams

Carbohydrates: 17kcal/4 grams

My meals for the next 14 days will essential look like this, with the obvious subbing of certain foods just to change it up:

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein

Trader Joe's - Organic Omega 3 Free Range Eggs, 3 egg 210 3 (3) 14 18
    Udo's Oil 3-6-9 Blend, 1 tablespoon 120 0 14 0
    Uncured Apple Smoked Bacon, 2 pan fried slice (15g) 180 0 14 10
    Totals 510 3 42 28

PWO-Shake

Protein Powder - Dymatize Elite Whey, 1 Scoop (31g) 114 2 (2) 2 24
    Trader Joe's - Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter, 2 Tbsp (32g) 200 7 (3) 15 9
    Green Vibrance - Green Vibrance Powder heaping tbsp 45 4.6 (1.8) 1 3 Totals 349 6.8 18 35

Lunch
    Trader Joe's - Ground Beef Patties 85/15, 1 patty 240 0 17 21
    Trader Joe's - Les Salades Du Midi - Baby Spinach, 85 g 20 3 (1) 0 2
    Trader Joe's Organic - String Cheese, 1 stick (28g) 80 0 5 8
    Totals 340 2 22 31

Snack

Albacore Solid White Tuna (In Water,No Salt Added), 1 can 120 0 2 26

Trader Joe's - Organic Mayo, 1 tbsp 100 0 11 0

Totals: 340 0 27 26

Dinner
    Trader Joe's - Chicken Thigh, 2 thigh 260 0 9 44
    Wegman's - Pumpkin Seed Oil, 1 TBS 120 0 14 0
    Planetary Herbals - Triphala Gold, 2 Tablets 10 2 (1) 0 0
    Trader Joe's - Romaine Hearts Lettuce, 3 oz. 15 2 (0) 0 1
    Totals 483 1 38 27

Before Bed
    Protein Powder - Dymatize Elite Whey, 2 Scoop (31g) 228 4 (4) 3 48

Totals 2,260 30 (16) 150 196

My daily goal is: 2250 so I am roughly there, and this isn't deducting the amount of calories expended during my training regiment.

I wasn't sure if I was going to do a carb up the first time around or not, I think that depends on how I feel physically, but my intentions are to go a full 14 days with no carb up to make sure I am burn heavy in a keto phase and then day 14-16 have a solid 24-36hrs of carb loading. (If anyone reads this and has done this diet before and thinks I should execute this another way please feel free to inform me). My workouts are going to be as so: ( I found this workout routine online and it seems to make the most sense for two reason, one it has been awhile since I have essential done circuit training and two I know it will deplete any glycogen that I have stored up at a significant rate as long as I stick to the 60 second rest period

MONDAY: Chest, Back, Abs

High intensity workouts with 60 sec rest between sets, 90 sec rest between

each exercise

(this excludes all warm up sets)

Bench 3 sets, 6-10 reps

T-bar Row 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Incline bench 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Latpulldown to front 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Dips or Decline bench 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Shrugs 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Flys (any type) 2 sets, 10-12 reps

Reverse flys 2 sets, 10-12 reps

Stiff-leg deadlift 3 sets, 10-12 reps

Rope ab crunch 3 sets, 10-15 reps

Reverse crunch 3 sets, 10-20 reps

TUESDAY: Shoulders, Arms

Same intensity mentioned before

Behind the neck shoulder press 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Military press 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Preacher curls 3 sets, 8-10 reps

French press or "skull-crushers" 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Shoulder raises (any type) 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Hammers 3 sets, 8-10 reps

V-bar tricep press 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Forearm curls 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Reverse forearm curls 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Wednesday: Rest or Cardio

Thursday morning: Rest or Cardio

Later on Thursday: Legs

Squat or Leg press 4 sets, 6-10 reps

Lying leg curl 4 sets, 6-10 reps

Standing calf raise 4 sets 6-10 reps

Leg extensions 4 sets, 10-12 reps

Seated leg curl 4 sets, 10-12 reps

Seated calf raise 4 sets, 10-12 reps

Prior to me doing this workout I will have a couple of pieces of fruit to begin the insulin spike (I will only do this if I feel that I need to carb up the first weekend, my intention is to go a full 14 days, If I do that then this will be my protocol on the 14th day)

Friday night: Final Workout

Bench 2 sets, 6-10 reps

T-bar Row 2 sets, 6-10 reps

Incline bench 2 sets, 6-10 reps

Latpulldown to front 2 sets, 6-10 reps

Behind the neck shoulder press 1 set, 8-10 reps

Military press 1 set, 8-10 reps

Either curl exercise 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Either tricep exercise 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Stiffleg deadift 1 set, 8-10 reps

Normal floor ab crunch 2 sets, 10-20 reps

Reverse crunches 2 sets, 10-20 reps

As far as my carb loading period my food intake was going to look like this:

Fats: 653 kcal/73 grams

Protein: 621kcal/155 grams (this is not including my PWO shake)

Carbs: 2449kcal/612 grams (150grams coming immediately post workout then the additional 462 grams will be spread throughout the next 24-36hrs, depending on how quickly I begin to feel the thickening begin. I have no idea what kind of foods that I will be eating yet on my carb loading days, I need to figure that out and will do this week, besides it will give me something to look forward to. I do know what I am going to do my best to not eat crap carbs and try and stick with fruits, pasta, pasta sauce, whole grain or sprouted, I will indulge in my french vanilla coffee creamer, which I love so much. Possibly pizza, but to be honest I haven't had a slice of pizza in over 4 months and haven't really had the urge. I will update tomorrow night and let you know how the first day went, I don't expect too much to change over the first 24hrs. I will do my best to log in and post everyday, I want to try and make this as efficient as possible. If anyone has any suggestions I am always open to them. Thanks

So It is now 5pm on day 1 of my Keto diet and I have to say this is not easy. I have read that the fat fills you up, but I am not feeling it at all. In fact I have gone over my caloric intake by 194kcals, which is annoying, but I am struggling to find find that will fulfill each of my macros evenly. I will end up taking in 2444kcals today, and if I deduct my cardio, training, my net calories is closer to 1750-1800, but the point is I am trying to stay within that 2250kcal number so my net would be even lower. My workout today was great, had no issues and it has been I'd say at least a year if not more since I have had bacon (which was the ****!) and an 85/15 cheeseburger. So, that was nice, but I didn't feel full by any means. I have been drinking a ton of water in hopes that it will reduce my hunger, and drinking BCAA's (xtend w/glutamine) but if anyone has any other suggestions about what I can do or if this will change once I hit Ketosis please feel free to fill me in. On a side note, I have read that you can essentially have as many green leafy veggies as you want, but there are still net carbs in them, even though they are extremely low, they still need to be accounted for. I only asking because I am hoping that I can eat more veggies during my meals in order to help fill me up. Also, I wanted to let anyone in on the greatest ice tea of all time, no calories, green tea from trader joe's. I take the unsweetened White and Green tea they have add some stevia, cinnamon, and lemons and it taste like snapple. Between that and Zevia, these are the only things that I can see are going to make this feasible in the beginning. That's all for today I will update again tomorrow.

Registered User prettybrowneyes's Avatar
    prettybrowneyes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FitnesSystems1 View Post
    Ok.... So here we go. It is now 10pm Sunday night and I am getting ready for a long and adventurous journey down my very first CKD diet. A little background about me and then into my diet, training regiment and what my hopes are by doing this diet. I am currently a personal trainer, life coach and nutritional consultant in Los Angeles, CA and have recently been asked on numerous occasions whether or not I agree with and or be willing to write a nutritional regiment that deals with Ketosis. Truth is I have never done a Ketogenic Diet before, so I am not comfortable designing nor recommending it to a client, with that being said this is why I am attempting this for the next 30 days. The other reason I am doing it is I can't seem to break past that last couple body fat % and have hit a plateau. So, it only makes sense to try something completely different. I have read up on the Anabolic Diet, Ultimate Diet 2.0, Cut Diet (Not really a keto diet) T-nations cutting diet, Cyclical Keto Diet and some other ones and have come to the conclusion that what was being written makes sense and am now going to being tomorrow morning. Here is my stats starting out:

Height: 6'0

Weight: 180lbs

Body Fat: Last time it was tested last week was between 6-7%, I am going to go high and say 7%.

BMR: 1881

BMR+Activity: 2916

Target BMR with diet: 2250

My calories that I will be getting from my meals not including my PWO shake will be 2069 and out of that the breakdown will be as so:

Fat: 1300kcal/144 grams

Protein: 600kcal/150 grams (not including protein shake)

Carbohydrates: 90kcal/30 grams

This would breakdown roughly per meal to:

Fat 217kcal/24 grams

Protein: 100kcal/25 grams

Carbohydrates: 17kcal/4 grams

My meals for the next 14 days will essential look like this, with the obvious subbing of certain foods just to change it up:

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein

Trader Joe's - Organic Omega 3 Free Range Eggs, 3 egg 210 3 (3) 14 18
    Totals 510 3 42 28

PWO-Shake

Protein Powder - Dymatize Elite Whey, 1 Scoop (31g) 114 2 (2) 2 24
    Trader Joe's - Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter, 2 Tbsp (32g) 200 7 (3) 15 9
    Green Vibrance - Green Vibrance Powder heaping tbsp 45 4.6 (1.8) 1 3 Totals 349 6.8 18 35

Lunch
    Trader Joe's - Ground Beef Patties 85/15, 1 patty 240 0 17 21
    Trader Joe's - Les Salades Du Midi - Baby Spinach, 85 g 20 3 (1) 0 2
    Trader Joe's Organic - String Cheese, 1 stick (28g) 80 0 5 8
    Totals 340 2 22 31

Snack

Albacore Solid White Tuna (In Water,No Salt Added), 1 can 120 0 2 26

Trader Joe's - Organic Mayo, 1 tbsp 100 0 11 0

Totals: 340 0 27 26

Dinner
    Trader Joe's - Chicken Thigh, 2 thigh 260 0 9 44
    Wegman's - Pumpkin Seed Oil, 1 TBS 120 0 14 0
    Planetary Herbals - Triphala Gold, 2 Tablets 10 2 (1) 0 0
    Trader Joe's - Romaine Hearts Lettuce, 3 oz. 15 2 (0) 0 1
    Totals 483 1 38 27

Before Bed
    Protein Powder - Dymatize Elite Whey, 2 Scoop (31g) 228 4 (4) 3 48

Totals 2,260 30 (16) 150 196

My daily goal is: 2250 so I am roughly there, and this isn't deducting the amount of calories expended during my training regiment.

I wasn't sure if I was going to do a carb up the first time around or not, I think that depends on how I feel physically, but my intentions are to go a full 14 days with no carb up to make sure I am burn heavy in a keto phase and then day 14-16 have a solid 24-36hrs of carb loading. (If anyone reads this and has done this diet before and thinks I should execute this another way please feel free to inform me). My workouts are going to be as so: ( I found this workout routine online and it seems to make the most sense for two reason, one it has been awhile since I have essential done circuit training and two I know it will deplete any glycogen that I have stored up at a significant rate as long as I stick to the 60 second rest period

MONDAY: Chest, Back, Abs

High intensity workouts with 60 sec rest between sets, 90 sec rest between

each exercise

(this excludes all warm up sets)

Bench 3 sets, 6-10 reps

T-bar Row 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Incline bench 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Latpulldown to front 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Dips or Decline bench 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Shrugs 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Flys (any type) 2 sets, 10-12 reps

Reverse flys 2 sets, 10-12 reps

Stiff-leg deadlift 3 sets, 10-12 reps

Rope ab crunch 3 sets, 10-15 reps

Reverse crunch 3 sets, 10-20 reps

TUESDAY: Shoulders, Arms

Behind the neck shoulder press 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Military press 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Preacher curls 3 sets, 8-10 reps

French press or "skull-crushers" 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Shoulder raises (any type) 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Hammers 3 sets, 8-10 reps

V-bar tricep press 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Forearm curls 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Reverse forearm curls 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Wednesday: Rest or Cardio

Thursday morning: Rest or Cardio

Later on Thursday: Legs

Squat or Leg press 4 sets, 6-10 reps

Lying leg curl 4 sets, 6-10 reps

Standing calf raise 4 sets 6-10 reps

Leg extensions 4 sets, 10-12 reps

Seated leg curl 4 sets, 10-12 reps

Seated calf raise 4 sets, 10-12 reps

Prior to me doing this workout I will have a couple of pieces of fruit to begin the insulin spike (I will only do this if I feel that I need to carb up the first weekend, my intention is to go a full 14 days, If I do that then this will be my protocol on the 14th day)

Friday night: Final Workout

Bench 2 sets, 6-10 reps

T-bar Row 2 sets, 6-10 reps

Incline bench 2 sets, 6-10 reps

Latpulldown to front 2 sets, 6-10 reps

Behind the neck shoulder press 1 set, 8-10 reps

Military press 1 set, 8-10 reps

Either curl exercise 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Either tricep exercise 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Stiffleg deadift 1 set, 8-10 reps

Normal floor ab crunch 2 sets, 10-20 reps

Reverse crunches 2 sets, 10-20 reps

As far as my carb loading period my food intake was going to look like this:

Fats: 653 kcal/73 grams

Protein: 621kcal/155 grams (this is not including my PWO shake)

Carbs: 2449kcal/612 grams (150grams coming immediately post workout then the additional 462 grams will be spread throughout the next 24-36hrs, depending on how quickly I begin to feel the thickening begin. I have no idea what kind of foods that I will be eating yet on my carb loading days, I need to figure that out and will do this week, besides it will give me something to look forward to. I do know what I am going to do my best to not eat crap carbs and try and stick with fruits, pasta, pasta sauce, whole grain or sprouted, I will indulge in my french vanilla coffee creamer, which I love so much. Possibly pizza, but to be honest I haven't had a slice of pizza in over 4 months and haven't really had the urge. I will update tomorrow night and let you know how the first day went, I don't expect too much to change over the first 24hrs. I will do my best to log in and post everyday, I want to try and make this as efficient as possible. If anyone has any suggestions I am always open to them. Thanks

So It is now 5pm on day 1 of my Keto diet and I have to say this is not easy. I have read that the fat fills you up, but I am not feeling it at all. In fact I have gone over my caloric intake by 194kcals, which is annoying, but I am struggling to find find that will fulfill each of my macros evenly. I will end up taking in 2444kcals today, and if I deduct my cardio, training, my net calories is closer to 1750-1800, but the point is I am trying to stay within that 2250kcal number so my net would be even lower. My workout today was great, had no issues and it has been I'd say at least a year if not more since I have had bacon (which was the ****!) and an 85/15 cheeseburger. So, that was nice, but I didn't feel full by any means. I have been drinking a ton of water in hopes that it will reduce my hunger, and drinking BCAA's (xtend w/glutamine) but if anyone has any other suggestions about what I can do or if this will change once I hit Ketosis please feel free to fill me in. On a side note, I have read that you can essentially have as many green leafy veggies as you want, but there are still net carbs in them, even though they are extremely low, they still need to be accounted for. I only asking because I am hoping that I can eat more veggies during my meals in order to help fill me up. Also, I wanted to let anyone in on the greatest ice tea of all time, no calories, green tea from trader joe's. I take the unsweetened White and Green tea they have add some stevia, cinnamon, and lemons and it taste like snapple. Between that and Zevia, these are the only things that I can see are going to make this feasible in the beginning. That's all for today I will update again tomorrow.

Good luck on your journey! I am also on the ckd and I love it!
    weight=168
    calories=1848
    fat=137g
    carbs=-23g
    protein=138g

Making Changes!
    Follow me @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136601581

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by prettybrowneyes View Post
    Good luck on your journey! I am also on the ckd and I love it!
    Let me ask you how long are you in?? It's strange, I feel weak, but at the same time I look in the mirror and I am already beginning to see the water weight shed off. Also, not sure if you have done it yet or not, but did you do your carb up the first weekend, or did you wait? I am thinking about going until next week, but wow this is not easy.. By the way if you are like me and need something other then water (especially after drinking 2 gallons today to stay full) I highly suggest getting Trader Joe's Unsweetened White and Green Tea. I sweeten it up with Stevia, Cinnamon and squeeze about 3 lemons into it. I swear it taste like Snapple!! Also, Zevia is a stevia sweetened soda with erythritol, which has no impact on carb intake and it taste good. I still feel like the hardest part on this diet is staying full, not sure how long that will take to kick in, but I wanna eat every second@!!! Let me know if you are doing a log so I can follow it

http://*****.bodybuilding funkypigeon's Avatar
    funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would personally carb up every 14 days, you will feel weak on the first week thats normal your metabolism is switching its fule source, try to give it 14 days before carbing up, after that if you begin to feel weak before 7 days then yes carb up every week.

You seem to have everything planned quite well, the hunger will probably also go when you enter ketosis,i dont count cals because i dont think there quite as important on this type of diet (but are still the main factor), but for the first week count because you are not yet in ketosis and you will probly eat more than you need, the hunger will also go because theres no large insulin spikes .

I you need any advise im no expert but i do have a small amount of experience with keto and will be happy to help you.

brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you need to eat way more carbs on your carb up! 16g per kg of lean bodyweight

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude, its clear you're a pro. I've even bookmarked this log because I want to try your routine.

More important than any results, I hope that you feel well during your diet and can recommend it to clients. I strongly feel that for people that have sustained excess body fat for long periods of time, carb restriction might be the best answer.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

Thanks for the kind words (Any feedback on my supplements and impact it may have)

Originally Posted by DustyChicago View Post
    Dude, its clear you're a pro. I've even bookmarked this log because I want to try your routine.

More important than any results, I hope that you feel well during your diet and can recommend it to clients. I strongly feel that for people that have sustained excess body fat for long periods of time, carb restriction might be the best answer.
    I wish I was a pro, My belief is we are constantly evolving and learning, especially when it comes to the human body and nutrition. My goal is to learn as much as I can regarding Biomechanics, Anatomy, Physiology, Nutrition, Training and so on. With that being said I am also attempting to make sure that I take in the majority of my fats from unsaturated as I feel my body will utilize them at a much more efficient rate. I'm not sure if you or anybody else can answer this but I wanted to give a run down of my supplements and make sure that they won't stop me from entering into ketosis.

Protein: Dymatize Whey Elite

BCAA: Xtend (I am doing about 8 scoops a day)

Cellucor C4: 1 scoop

Glutamine: just straight

Vitamin Code Raw: 4 caps (not worried about this one)

Sesamin: 3 caps a day

Tonalin CLA: 3 caps a day

And today because I felt like ass, I saw a zero carb no sugar (which I never get) Rockstar and drank it. my concerns are with the sucralose, will this adversely impact me from entering Ketosis? If so, I am pissed!!! two days of thinking I am getting closer. Any suggestions would be amazing.

Let me ask you how long are you in?? It's strange, I feel weak, but at the same time I look in the mirror and I am already beginning to see the water weight shed off. Also, not sure if you have done it yet or not, but did you do your carb up the first weekend, or did you wait? I am thinking about going until next week, but wow this is not easy.. By the way if you are like me and need something other then water (especially after drinking 2 gallons today to stay full) I highly suggest getting Trader Joe's Unsweetened White and Green Tea. I sweeten it up with Stevia, Cinnamon and squeeze about 3 lemons into it. I swear it taste like Snapple!! Also, Zevia is a stevia sweetened soda with erythritol, which has no impact on carb intake and it taste good. I still feel like the hardest part on this diet is staying full, not sure how long that will take to kick in, but I wanna eat every second@!!! Let me know if you are doing a log so I can follow it
    I have been on the diet for about 2 months. I waited the two weeks before my carb up. I eat a lot of salad and non-battered okra to stay full. I have lost about 10lbs from my start weight. I have recalculated my calories which hopefully will knock me out of my plateau. I have never tried those drinks but sounds nice. I normally drink water or use the flavor packs that you can add to your water. I am doing a log. The link is posted in my signature. Thanks!
    weight=168
    calories=1848
    fat=137g
    carbs=-23g
    protein=138g

Making Changes!

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wait you dont add the protein from your pwo?

Originally Posted by jon1995 View Post
    wait you dont add the protein from your pwo?
    I do, I wanted to show what my calorie intake would be without the shake as to show just my macro intake. I am struggling to keep my calorie intake at the 2250kcal. I'm finding it extremely hard, especially considering I have yet to get into ketosis and I feel like I am eating all fat and not getting full!!!! I will be logging tonight, but I have already hit 2500 today so 200+ over what I wanted to take in. That is not deducting what calories I burned in the gym, but still. that is my food intake. net cals is around 1950kcal. I just realized I have been putting lemons in my ice tea and like an idiot they have carbs, so I don't expect to go into keto until most likely Thursday or Friday. Not happy. Also I am trying to find some conclusive information about no sugar, no carb energy drinks like Rockstar. I never drink them but got one today and am concerned that this will also mess me up along with my xtend! I'm a friggin mess. This style of diet takes some getting use too. What is everyones take on spinach, lettuce? I want to incorporate them but I am a little nervous about it messing with me. Any thoughts?

I do, I wanted to show what my calorie intake would be without the shake as to show just my macro intake. I am struggling to keep my calorie intake at the 2250kcal. I'm finding it extremely hard, especially considering I have yet to get into ketosis and I feel like I am eating all fat and not getting full!!!! I will be logging tonight, but I have already hit 2500 today so 200+ over what I wanted to take in. That is not deducting what calories I burned in the gym, but still. that is my food intake. net cals is around 1950kcal. I just realized I have been putting lemons in my ice tea and like an idiot they have carbs, so I don't expect to go into keto until most likely Thursday or Friday. Not happy. Also I am trying to find some conclusive information about no sugar, no carb energy drinks like Rockstar. I never drink them but got one today and am concerned that this will also mess me up along with my xtend! I'm a friggin mess. This style of diet takes some getting use too. What is everyones take on spinach, lettuce? I want to incorporate them but I am a little nervous about it messing with me. Any thoughts?
    Wednesday July 27th, 2011

I had all the intentions in the world in logging yesterday, but after my workout and work I was exhausted, so I figured I would update it this morning. This diet is one of the hardest diets that I have ever done, not because the food itself hard to eat, in fact in some cases it has been quite nice, I don't think I really appreciated the level of detail and though process that goes into food selection and marco distribution. Here is a rundown as of yesterday:

Physically: Well, I felt great yesterday in the morning, my workout was pretty intense, except I opted for doing legs as I am concerned come later in the week my body will be struggling to push through my workout. I did notice that after my workout I seemed to be a little more foggy or better yet just out of it. I was drinking Scivation Xtend during the workout, which I have no question was half the reason I was able to get through an 1 hour and 10 min leg workout along with another 30 mins of cardio afterwards. By mid day I was beginning to feel as if I could barely keep my eyes open, which then lead me to my next problem, purchasing a carb free sugar free Rockstar (which I am not for because of the artificial sweetener). By the time the end of the time was here I was literally falling asleep on the couch, while trying to write reports for clients. So, all in all I am beginning to see my energy decrease.

Diet: This is where I am having the hardest time, I feel as if I am not able to adequately divide up the macro correctly and become full. The feeling of hunger is pretty extreme, and maybe that is due to my attempt to gain the majority of my fats from unsaturated ones, not sure, but I will say that my only savior has been water and green tea. This brings me to my next point regarding the diet, I like an idiot didn't take in to account adding things like lemons to my ice tea would increase my carb intake, I guess my fogginess allowed for me to think that lemons are the only food in existence that doesn't have a caloric value! I think I had a couple of minor setbacks, I have been reading that some of the diet type soda's can stop you from going into Ketosis (Diet Car Free Sugar Free Rockstar) I'm not sure how true that is, but either way it has caused some concern. I have also been reading the same thing about intra-workout drinks like Xtend and how it can stop or knock you out of Ketosis, I am really hoping that this isn't true for two reasons, 1: I just bought a bottle of Xtend and 2. I love this stuff, there is not question it has helped me through some of my toughest workouts and will be able to allow me to keep pushing through during the first 14 days. So, what did I eat yesterday:

Breakfast:

3 Organic Omega Free Range Eggs - 210 kcal 3 carbs 14 fat 18 protein

1.Oz Sharp Cheddar cheese- 120kcal 0 carbs 10 fat 7 protein

3.oz Romaine Lettuce 15kcal 2 carbs(2 fiber) 1 Protein

1/2 cup egg whites- 60kcal 2 carbs 0 fat 12 Protein

1tbsp. organic unsalted butter 100kcal 0 carb 11 fat

Totals: 505kcal 7 carbs(5 net) 35 Fat 38 Protein

Lunch:

Trader Joes Chunk White Chicken 2/3 cup 160kcal 0 carb 7 fat 24 protein

Walnuts 1/4 cup 210kcal 3 carbs( 3 fiber) 20 fat 5 protein

Celery 1 stalk 6kcal 2 carbs(2 fiber) 0 fat 0 protein

Organic Mayo 100kcal 0 carbs 11 fat o protein

Totals: 476 5 carbs( 0 net) 38 Fat 29 Protein

Snacks ( this is what I had between meals, I will just list them all not in any particular order or when I used them):

Green Vibrance 11.5g 45kcal 7 carb(3 fiber) 3 protein

Organic Raw Almond Butter 2tbs 190 6 carbs(3 fiber) 17 fat 8 protein

Vitamin Code Raw Mens 6kcal 4 carbs(2 fiber) 0 fat 1 protein

Dymatize Elite Whey 2 scoops 228kcal 4 carbs 3 fat 48 protein

Sopressata salame 1oz 110kcal 0 carb 8 fat 8 protein

Lemons 24kcal 8 carbs 0 fat 0 protein

Dietary Fiber Planetary Herbals 2tsp 10kcal 2 carb(1 fiber) 0 fat 0 protein

Udo's Oil 3-6-9 Blend 1 tbsp 120kcal 0 carb 14 fat 0 protein

Canned Alaskan Salmon 2 ounces 60kcal 0 carb 1 fat 13 protein

Totals: 873kcal 22 carbs 49 fat 89 Protein

Dinner:

Pilgrims Pride Chicken Wings- 10 pieces 475kcal 0 carbs 35 fat 40 protein

Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs 3oz. 98kcal 0 carb 35 fat 40 Protein

Totals: 573kcal 0 carbs 38 fat 57 protein

Totals for the Day: 2427kcal 27net carbs 160 fat 213 protein

The calorie total doesn't include my deduction from my workout, if I factor that in my caloric intake is 1876kcal, I am still trying to get to 2250kcal in macro's so my net kcal can be even lower. I will be writing up my totals for today in a little bit. Sorry for the delay I have been running around like crazy and on fumes. I am still wondering if diet drinks like Rockstar no carb no sugar will stop me from entering Ketosis. I feel light and tight as far as my body, but very lethargic and foggy. I am drinking well over 1 gallon of water a day. Once again an suggests please feel free. I also am wondering how long it will take for me to hit ketosis, as of 6pm Wednesday the keto strips are saying just trace amounts. My fats are much higher tonight and I will post that later tonight. Thanks guys

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lots of people, myself included, would say that spinach is a staple of a keto diet.

On the saturated fat tip, I'm wondering what makes you think that your body will use unsaturated fats more efficiently when fat adapted. Second, if you're always hungry, saturated fatty foods my be just the trick to curve that appetite.

On the no cal/no cal drinks... I've found that they slow, but do not stop, my progress. And generally, the advice you'll get on this is that it depends on the individual.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

bigshitpoppin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice man. I can see where you got that diet plan from too, because your workouts look the same as mine! Although ive modded mine to better fit my goals. haha. And guys, hes no pro, he just knows how to read and apply that knowledge to himself. For those of you wondering where to find it and get details on keto like he used, its http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=36497.

I started Keto this past sunday, roughly the same time as you with the same daily requirements. To get into keto faster( i just hit it yesterday for the first time) Keep those carbs down to nothing. I also used Leucine, but we'll say it came with the 0carbs. 4 carbs per meal may sound awesome, but keep it close to 0 with them only coming from cheese and eggs. Greens arent as neccesary for your first time in either. They are, but keep them relatively low. They arent all dietary fiber ya know. Ive been at roughly 10carbs per day with a pretty hefty calorie deficit as well. Keep your carbup day cycle to 3-4 weeks for the first time. 2 if you feel that you are fully adapted. Some other members here said aim for 3-4 weeks to assure your body has changed over. After youve changed, you can do every week or every other week. I will probably carb up in 2 weeks(3 week on keto for the first time) And i carb up with 688g between friday and saturday. You should be a wee bit more than I since i weight only 170.

Wednesday July 27th, 2011

I had all the intentions in the world in logging yesterday, but after my workout and work I was exhausted, so I figured I would update it this morning. This diet is one of the hardest diets that I have ever done, not because the food itself hard to eat, in fact in some cases it has been quite nice, I don't think I really appreciated the level of detail and though process that goes into food selection and marco distribution. Here is a rundown as of yesterday:

Physically: Well, I felt great yesterday in the morning, my workout was pretty intense, except I opted for doing legs as I am concerned come later in the week my body will be struggling to push through my workout. I did notice that after my workout I seemed to be a little more foggy or better yet just out of it. I was drinking Scivation Xtend during the workout, which I have no question was half the reason I was able to get through an 1 hour and 10 min leg workout along with another 30 mins of cardio afterwards. By mid day I was beginning to feel as if I could barely keep my eyes open, which then lead me to my next problem, purchasing a carb free sugar free Rockstar (which I am not for because of the artificial sweetener). By the time the end of the time was here I was literally falling asleep on the couch, while trying to write reports for clients. So, all in all I am beginning to see my energy decrease.

Diet: This is where I am having the hardest time, I feel as if I am not able to adequately divide up the macro correctly and become full. The feeling of hunger is pretty extreme, and maybe that is due to my attempt to gain the majority of my fats from unsaturated ones, not sure, but I will say that my only savior has been water and green tea. This brings me to my next point regarding the diet, I like an idiot didn't take in to account adding things like lemons to my ice tea would increase my carb intake, I guess my fogginess allowed for me to think that lemons are the only food in existence that doesn't have a caloric value! I think I had a couple of minor setbacks, I have been reading that some of the diet type soda's can stop you from going into Ketosis (Diet Car Free Sugar Free Rockstar) I'm not sure how true that is, but either way it has caused some concern. I have also been reading the same thing about intra-workout drinks like Xtend and how it can stop or knock you out of Ketosis, I am really hoping that this isn't true for two reasons, 1: I just bought a bottle of Xtend and 2. I love this stuff, there is not question it has helped me through some of my toughest workouts and will be able to allow me to keep pushing through during the first 14 days. So, what did I eat yesterday:

Breakfast:

3 Organic Omega Free Range Eggs - 210 kcal 3 carbs 14 fat 18 protein

1.Oz Sharp Cheddar cheese- 120kcal 0 carbs 10 fat 7 protein

3.oz Romaine Lettuce 15kcal 2 carbs(2 fiber) 1 Protein

1/2 cup egg whites- 60kcal 2 carbs 0 fat 12 Protein

1tbsp. organic unsalted butter 100kcal 0 carb 11 fat

Totals: 505kcal 7 carbs(5 net) 35 Fat 38 Protein

Lunch:

Trader Joes Chunk White Chicken 2/3 cup 160kcal 0 carb 7 fat 24 protein

Walnuts 1/4 cup 210kcal 3 carbs( 3 fiber) 20 fat 5 protein

Celery 1 stalk 6kcal 2 carbs(2 fiber) 0 fat 0 protein

Organic Mayo 100kcal 0 carbs 11 fat o protein

Totals: 476 5 carbs( 0 net) 38 Fat 29 Protein

Snacks ( this is what I had between meals, I will just list them all not in any particular order or when I used them):

Green Vibrance 11.5g 45kcal 7 carb(3 fiber) 3 protein

Organic Raw Almond Butter 2tbs 190 6 carbs(3 fiber) 17 fat 8 protein

Vitamin Code Raw Mens 6kcal 4 carbs(2 fiber) 0 fat 1 protein

Dymatize Elite Whey 2 scoops 228kcal 4 carbs 3 fat 48 protein

Sopressata salame 1oz 110kcal 0 carb 8 fat 8 protein

Lemons 24kcal 8 carbs 0 fat 0 protein

Dietary Fiber Planetary Herbals 2tsp 10kcal 2 carb(1 fiber) 0 fat 0 protein

Udo's Oil 3-6-9 Blend 1 tbsp 120kcal 0 carb 14 fat 0 protein

Canned Alaskan Salmon 2 ounces 60kcal 0 carb 1 fat 13 protein

Totals: 873kcal 22 carbs 49 fat 89 Protein

Dinner:

Pilgrims Pride Chicken Wings- 10 pieces 475kcal 0 carbs 35 fat 40 protein

Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs 3oz. 98kcal 0 carb 35 fat 40 Protein

Totals: 573kcal 0 carbs 38 fat 57 protein

Totals for the Day: 2427kcal 27net carbs 160 fat 213 protein

The calorie total doesn't include my deduction from my workout, if I factor that in my caloric intake is 1876kcal, I am still trying to get to 2250kcal in macro's so my net kcal can be even lower. I will be writing up my totals for today in a little bit. Sorry for the delay I have been running around like crazy and on fumes. I am still wondering if diet drinks like Rockstar no carb no sugar will stop me from entering Ketosis. I feel light and tight as far as my body, but very lethargic and foggy. I am drinking well over 1 gallon of water a day. Once again an suggests please feel free. I also am wondering how long it will take for me to hit ketosis, as of 6pm Wednesday the keto strips are saying just trace amounts. My fats are much higher tonight and I will post that later tonight. Thanks guys

Hey guys,

Sorry that I haven't posted my results over the last couple of days, but was out of town on business and exhausted by this diet. I had to up my calorie intake to 2500kcal just so I could function. Although I am curious about my calorie intake, as I am taking in well over 2500kcals in food, but when I deduct the amount of calories that I use during my workouts I seem to be right on the number. With this diet is that something that I should be trying to do? OR would it make more sense for me to just make sure that I hit that 2200kcal number that I originally wanted to go for? I have dropped down another .5% and lost about 2lbs, so I am concerned that I am going to lose some muscle if I don't raise the calories. Any sugestions?

zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zhall616 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you're worried about losing muscle, yet neglecting the most protein sparing macronutrient? LOL
    "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
    -Philippians 4:13

Check out my fat loss transformation...
    http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/become-a-lean-teen-machine.html

My bulking log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133838001

alanaragonblog.com
    leangains.com

What are you talking about? My supplements are as so:

Ragnokor Pre workout
    Multivitamin
    Udo's oil (EFA's)
    Scivation Xtend BCAA intra workout (4 scoops)
    Glutamine 10g a day
    Sesamin 3 times a day
    Tonalin CLA 3 times a day
    ALA-4 times a day
    Dymatize ISO-100- 1 scoop (28g)

The rest of my nutrients coming from food.

What is it that you think I am missing? Please enlighten me.

Keep up the good work!
    weight=168
    calories=1848
    fat=137g
    carbs=-23g
    protein=138g

Making Changes!