Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Dmamaj78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good information! My question is I don't have the best appetite most of the time I don't eat breakfast sometimes not even lunch usually just dinner. I know this isn't healthy and I really want to have a healthy and fit lifestyle. I have other issues also as far as dealing with chronic pain from car accidents. I've heard it's good to eat 6 small meals daily. Would love any advice on this! Could I supplement some meals with protein shakes? Wanting to lose weight & build muscle in a healthy way I'm completely new to all of this have never counted calories just try and eat healthy portions. Any advise would be appreciated

motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100)
    thank you for this post! I needed it!!

gustavois has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Please, could anyone check if my nutrition plan is fine?

I'm trying to gain muscle, and I have 70kg and 1,74cm of height. My actual macros are: 172gr protein, 80 gr fat and 300 gr carbs.

I am going to gym 4 times a week doing a upper/lower split (the viking routine).

kylejbernier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting thread. Thanks! Definitely bookmarked

Kevy86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Macro help needed

Hello all,

I was hoping someone could give me some advice where I'm going wrong.

Ok, so I'm 6'2 male, age 31 and currently 203lbs, 19% body fat. I've been going to the gym for 5 years now, 4-5 times a week, usually pretty heavy weights followed by some cardio. Over the years I've become very strong but I've never been able to get lean and have the stubborn love handles. I was a fat kid and have a few fat relatives, I think I'm genetically programmed to gain strength relatively easily but to store fat.

I decided to give the Macro Nutrition a go and for the first time I am measuring everything I eat and preparing food in advance ect.

According to the calculations I should have a 3000 cal maintenance intake and 2400cal to loose weight, 203g of protein, 200g carbs and 40g of fat

So I have stuck to this religiously, measuring all ingredients and keeping a food diary for 5 weeks, apart from one cheat night out beers. I have upped the gym efforts, now doing 5 times a week, 1 hour of weights followed by a 5k run

Fitness has definitely increased but scales say I'm still around 203lbs in the morning and there doesn't seem to be any obvious fat loss.

I noticed that the Macro Nutrition targets even at the reduced cals is still way way more food than I used to eat before, and I found it a real struggle to actually consume this in a day. I wasn't counting before but I estimate I was maintaining weight at around 1800 cal a day.

Do I need to drop my calorie intake further for it to be effective, but if so then it's not possible make the Macro targets.
    Anyone have any theories where I'm going wrong, or is it just going to take more time?

Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great good reads! Thanks!

Baldey is not very well liked. (-100) Baldey is not very well liked. (-100) Baldey is not very well liked. (-100) Baldey is not very well liked. (-100) Baldey is not very well liked. (-100) Baldey is not very well liked. (-100) Baldey is not very well liked. (-100) Baldey is not very well liked. (-100) Baldey is not very well liked. (-100) Baldey is not very well liked. (-100) Baldey is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post

You are not Unique
    Despite what your mother always told you, you are not special. You need rest days. You are not carb sensitive. Your metabolism isn't totally screwed up. You don't have poor genetics. Calorie need formulas do apply to you. You dont carry the ajority of fat in your abs. You can't lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously. You arent eating enough calories if your bulk is going no where. You aren't the only one who is self-conscious about your body image or how much you can lift at the gym.
    Bro, i'm trying to take your advice. But it is hard when you spout broscience nonsense like this. No, i am not unique, which is precisely why you can build muscle and lose fat at the same time. I have seen it. This article, among MANY describes this perfectly...
    bayesianbodybuilding.com/gain-muscle-and-lose-fat-at-the-same-time/

JoStylin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Baldey View Post
    Bro, i'm trying to take your advice. But it is hard when you spout broscience nonsense like this. No, i am not unique, which is precisely why you can build muscle and lose fat at the same time. I have seen it. This article, among MANY describes this perfectly...
    bayesianbodybuilding.com/gain-muscle-and-lose-fat-at-the-same-time/
    Im starting to think you are a troll. You came here knowing literally nothing about lifting and within a few days are throwing around terms like bro science and giving out advice which is just plain terrible.

hoffmane598 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hoffmane598 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hoffmane598 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hoffmane598 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hoffmane598 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hoffmane598 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hoffmane598 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hoffmane598 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hoffmane598 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hoffmane598 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hoffmane598 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very informative and useful thread! Thanks!

mikeavi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I’m 25 years old, 6ft tall, and weight 282 lbs. I’ve been up and down on the scale and I am trying to leave the obesity category again. I recently started a new job that is very demanding on my body. I’m working in the junk removal business and we lift A LOT. I burn anywhere from 2000-5000 calories A DAY at work 5 days a week (I wear the Apple Watch that tracks my calories burned). At the same time, I started eating less to lose fat so I can be healthier, but I don’t know if that’s a good idea.

What is the proper way to eat when burning so many calories daily? Should I be eating more protein? And what else ?

BIGMULAH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys.... lots of good info here!! But I'm reeaaalllllly bad when it comes to to reading long articles or PDF's on the computer.... I always open up new tabs halfway through ... I learn something much quicker and easier when I read it in a book. Could anyone recommend me some good ones for someone who is is new to all this? Something that has all the info someone who is completely clueless would need on nutrition and dieting to figure out the basics? Also, one that someone who is skinny, and trying to get diet could read to figure out the the right way to diet when your looking for gains? I'm 5'10 and 151 pounds. Trying to build something from nothing. Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but I thought I would just shoot the ****. Thanks!!

javageek1212 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Aaaaaand this answered my questions.. haha?

denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BIGMULAH View Post
    Hey guys.... lots of good info here!! But I'm reeaaalllllly bad when it comes to to reading long articles or PDF's on the computer.... I always open up new tabs halfway through ... I learn something much quicker and easier when I read it in a book. Could anyone recommend me some good ones for someone who is is new to all this? Something that has all the info someone who is completely clueless would need on nutrition and dieting to figure out the basics? Also, one that someone who is skinny, and trying to get diet could read to figure out the the right way to diet when your looking for gains? I'm 5'10 and 151 pounds. Trying to build something from nothing. Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but I thought I would just shoot the ****. Thanks!!
    uhm. maybe treat forums or threads here as a big books with chapters?
    i read on my mobile phone, like pages of pages of a big "book"?

Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by BIGMULAH View Post

Nutrition:
    not to discourage you from reading but you don't need to be a professor in biology to get gains. some posts in these forums can be full of 3 dollars words which are being used in the wrong context by someone who doesn't even understand what they're saying lol. you can start now without reading books but I advise you read as much as you can comfortably. but you can start your journey of gains now. I'd advise you to keep eat every 3-4 hours a day. Make sure each small meal you take in has 30g of lean protein. carbs will be your friend so load up on good carbs such as oatmeal, whole grain pastas, quinoa, sweet potato, carbs which bring vitamins and nutrients to the table. as for proteins load up on fish, you can either do it the poor man's route by stocking up on cans of tune ( watch your mercury intake) or by buying plenty of wild salmon. chicken breast is also a diet staple, don't forget vegetable proteins such as beans, lentils and peas. Nuts are a great way to get those proteins and good fats in as well. I wouldn't advise peanuts as they aren't really nuts , they are legumes and they grow underground absorbing any pesticides that are in the soil. cashews, are a fav of mine, you can even make your own cashew butter with a hint of coconut oil and a touch of honey for taste.

In the GYM:
    GO HARD! play hard like a kid, eat like a kid, sleep like a kid. you need to constantly push your body to new levels and CONFUSE YOUR MUSCLES WITH NEW WORKOUTS. doing the same workouts will only show you results in the beginning but eventually you will reach a plateau where your gains will seize. Eat often to make sure you take in more calories than you expend. Use mental triggers to help you in the gym to trigger your flight or flight response. EX. I think about what I really hate while im doing my reps to give me that extra edge on the bench. your adrenaline will kick in and it will trigger your hormones in your body to grow. Sleep as often as you can as you grow when you sleep. if you're willing to take this seriously, cut out the alcohol if you drink and partying. a weekend of tearing down your body is going to be counterproductive towards your gains. also, don't just think about what you hate while you work out, think about why you're working out in the first place. if you're a family man....think "im going be be big and strong for my family to make sure no man can ever step to me or my family" or to be that rock your family can depend on... I could go on and on but hope this little bit helps.

-Brolic bros

Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000) Brolicbros is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by mikeavi View Post
    I’m 25 years old, 6ft tall, and weight 282 lbs. I’ve been up and down on the scale and I am trying to leave the obesity category again. I recently started a new job that is very demanding on my body. I’m working in the junk removal business and we lift A LOT. I burn anywhere from 2000-5000 calories A DAY at work 5 days a week (I wear the Apple Watch that tracks my calories burned). At the same time, I started eating less to lose fat so I can be healthier, but I don’t know if that’s a good idea.

What is the proper way to eat when burning so many calories daily? Should I be eating more protein? And what else ?
    Make sure your caloric intake is less than what you burn and you will lose weight. I'd follow a Mediterranean eating style with encourages vegetables , fish and not so many carbs. You could also follow a Keto diet but that would only be a quick jump start toward your goal. Diets offer short term results for a short duration of time. to retain any type of progress gained, you have to change your lifestyle. change the way you eat and learn to make good choices when you eat. making the right choices will ensure you will keep the weight off. drink plenty of water. remember this when you eat. 1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, and 1/3 of your stomach for air ( to breathe) simple and easy to follow. hope this helps

-Brolic bros

geemac2018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Brolicbros View Post
    Make sure your caloric intake is less than what you burn and you will lose weight. I'd follow a Mediterranean eating style with encourages vegetables , fish and not so many carbs. You could also follow a Keto diet but that would only be a quick jump start toward your goal. Diets offer short term results for a short duration of time. to retain any type of progress gained, you have to change your lifestyle. change the way you eat and learn to make good choices when you eat. making the right choices will ensure you will keep the weight off. drink plenty of water. remember this when you eat. 1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, and 1/3 of your stomach for air ( to breathe) simple and easy to follow. hope this helps

-Brolic bros
    I have started working out after being a couch potato for so many years. Im in my 40's and am excited but fearful of the inflammation. However I know I have to go easy to slim down this stomach and tone the muscles. The infammation is horrible but I found a drink on geemacreview.wordpress.com that will help out with that plus help with the weight loss.

migarcia1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by denmarker View Post
    uhm. maybe treat forums or threads here as a big books with chapters?
    i read on my mobile phone, like pages of pages of a big "book"?
    Try videos instead of reading. I find that I learn better by seeing someone attempt to perform an exercise or talking about a diet. Could allow for learning while not being distracted by long articles.

brettttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brettttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brettttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brettttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brettttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brettttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brettttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brettttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brettttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brettttt will become famous soon enough. (+50) brettttt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As others have stated great thread, shame Emma hasn't for what ever reasons stuck around to answer some of questions.

jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100) jackster20 is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you want to get the best out of your nutrition, the first thing you must do is to clear out the body of bad toxins and fill it up with antioxidants. This allows for your cells to function at an optimal pace so you can have an easier time with dieting and losing weight. I talk about it more over here healthhorizon779253930.wordpress.com/2018/10/10/the-red-tea-detox-a-dieters-tea-for-weight-loss/

Anyways, good luck and cheers.

BigBodyMike is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Big difference between feeling good and looking good. I feel like what i eat has a lot to do with how i feel despite looking good. i love a lot of these system you all recommend i've watched tons of videos trying to get the right balance i am making a lot of progress great tips all around! i still need a good diet and the right cardio balance to feel right most days feels like too much cardio drowns my energy levels i heard this system is great too but i don't know if i should try it or if the recipes in it are worth it anyone know? fatisgoneeasilycom.home.blog/

Camm009 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Camm009 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Camm009 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Camm009 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Camm009 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Camm009 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Camm009 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Camm009 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Camm009 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Camm009 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Camm009 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    With this i finally understand thanks so much

hedgerowpete is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    some of the cross links dont work any more and some of the info refered to has been moved.

but as its a eight year old thread its still holding its own with great value information.

morleyeugena is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nutrition help your body fit and strong

Nutrition is needed to help your body fit and strong. nutrition also help you maintain a healthy weight. but the benefits of good nutrition go beyond weight. good nutrition can help you reduce the risk of some diseases like heart disease, diabetes, stroke etc.

Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Your eating patterns and food choices play an important role in preventing tooth decay and gum disease.

Knoooob is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Working my DCA out

How would i Workout my DCA? How many calories i need in a day. Whereever i look it shows different calorie intakes required for me to loose fat. Also can you loose fat just by eating fewer calories and not doing low carb high protein/ fat diets etc?

Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100) Dental854 is not very well liked. (-100)

Dental care

It is important to analyse your diet for well being of a person.Hence it also important to eat food good for dental health,heart,skin etc.Hence you should pay close attention to your nutrition,one can avoid many health conditions.

ethanscott0934 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This thread is gold. Got to learn so many things.

lizzyjam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lizzyjam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lizzyjam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lizzyjam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lizzyjam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lizzyjam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lizzyjam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lizzyjam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lizzyjam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lizzyjam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lizzyjam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    For Newbies its OK, thanks!

CowboyCJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Kevy86 View Post
    Hello all,

I was hoping someone could give me some advice where I'm going wrong.

Ok, so I'm 6'2 male, age 31 and currently 203lbs, 19% body fat. I've been going to the gym for 5 years now, 4-5 times a week, usually pretty heavy weights followed by some cardio. Over the years I've become very strong but I've never been able to get lean and have the stubborn love handles. I was a fat kid and have a few fat relatives, I think I'm genetically programmed to gain strength relatively easily but to store fat.

I decided to give the Macro Nutrition a go and for the first time I am measuring everything I eat and preparing food in advance ect.

According to the calculations I should have a 3000 cal maintenance intake and 2400cal to loose weight, 203g of protein, 200g carbs and 40g of fat

So I have stuck to this religiously, measuring all ingredients and keeping a food diary for 5 weeks, apart from one cheat night out beers. I have upped the gym efforts, now doing 5 times a week, 1 hour of weights followed by a 5k run

Fitness has definitely increased but scales say I'm still around 203lbs in the morning and there doesn't seem to be any obvious fat loss.

I noticed that the Macro Nutrition targets even at the reduced cals is still way way more food than I used to eat before, and I found it a real struggle to actually consume this in a day. I wasn't counting before but I estimate I was maintaining weight at around 1800 cal a day.

Do I need to drop my calorie intake further for it to be effective, but if so then it's not possible make the Macro targets.
    Anyone have any theories where I'm going wrong, or is it just going to take more time?
    I realize that your post is very old and you may not even be here anymore but in case you are did you ever settle on a path that worked? I am very similar to you and have been experimenting with proper nutrition for awhile with low results.

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mikeavi View Post

To better utilize the energy you eat you need the appropriate enzymes. Obesity is a form of malnutrition. Not eating sufficient micronutrients and compensating with more food that contains energy and not enough nutrients.

When I eat cake on the weekend, and noodles and rice that's a lot of calories. But on Monday morning I'm sluggish and barely get uphill on the bike.
    When I eat more broccoli and spinach then that's fewer calories but on Monday morning I fly uphill.