Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Okay so I had a lot of trouble getting the lighting right this late in the day, but yeah.... n00dz as promised! Im feeling on track, but clearly still have a bit to lose with 4.5 weeks to go!!

"Dont rush to get grown, drive slow homie"

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looking on point brother!

Side chest is just money!! In fact your chest overall is awesome, very solid physique overall!

Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000)
    very jealous of chest + arms, looking really solid overall!

jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Brosevski View Post
    very jealous of chest + arms, looking really solid overall!
    Originally Posted by domingochavez View Post
    Looking on point brother!

Side chest is just money!! In fact your chest overall is awesome, very solid physique overall!
    Thanks guys!! Im still waiting on my fuking lower back and hams to dial in though! I guess I got 4 weeks till they need to be in shape, but these are the last n00dz Im afraid. I need to let my hair grow back so I can wax it in like 2 weeks lol.

oh and... I was born in 1993

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Side tri is wtf mate! Awesome.

Thank you based god bballbrett5's Avatar
    bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    my first thought when seeing the FDB: jeff rodriguez

Originally Posted by bballbrett5 View Post
    my first thought when seeing the FDB: jeff rodriguez
    lol I wish!! Still a long way to go yet haha

Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post
    Side tri is wtf mate! Awesome.
    Thanks brah

Back & Tris

So today I was actually feeling amazing!! Not tired, not hungry, maybe a little light headed, but yeah So I got through a pretty dull day at uni, and even did some work during my break which is a pleasant change haha. Anyway, after a boring Exercise Science lecture, I was on my way to City Gym, feeling motivated as fuark to smash out a huge sesh!!

Back

3 x Lat Pulldown

2 x Isolateral Pulldown

2 x Isolateral Pulldown superset Hammer Strength Low Row

3 x Lying Bench Row

2 x High Rep Deadlift

3 x Dropset Wide Grip Cable Row (3rd set was a triple)

Holy moly, this is what I call volume!! This was a HUGE session for back, and was pretty relentless. Rest was minimal as usual, and forced reps featured at the end of most exercises. The Isolateral Pulldown superset was crazy!! My back was just on fire, with the movement mimicking the pre-Lat spread xmas tree squeeze. This felt unreal. Although I wasnt a huge fan of the lying bench rows, they were okay, but I probs wouldnt do them again. The high rep deads were once again a fuking killer!! I was destroyed by these, and then to follow with dropset cable rows was nuts. The final set had my head spinning, but I felt great

Triceps

3 x Bent Over Tricep Pushdown

2 x Tricep Pressdown Machine (to failure)

Not the biggest tricep workout, but still got a crazy pump as per. The bent over tricep pushdown was really weird. Ben got me in an odd angle and did a relatively straightforward pushdown, however I didnt feel any engagement from delts, which I suppose was the thinking behind this. In regards to the pressdown machine, I really really liked this. I hate the one at Anytime Fitness, but this is totally different. I was able to go to absolute failure, in agony, without my chest getting engaged! Felt amazing to end the session.

Overall

This was a solid workout. I was pretty fuked at the end, and had a nasty as pump in tris and still in back. I had to go to Anytime Fitness after this sesh and drill out an hour of cardio, which was surprisingly quick and easy. Everyone was saying how much leaner I looked and that Id obviously lost a lot of weight. I was wearing my baggiest shirt to be fair lol. However, Im feeling really happy and in fact bought my very first item on the stock up for my binge Hershey's Cookies and Cream King Size hahaha. Im gonna amass a huge amount of shiit, then buy some BBQ stuff on the day or the day before, and have some friends round for a massive feast haha. Im doing some reading on what I should be doing in regards to dieting post-show (reverse diet, etc), but am still at a bit of a loss to be honest. Ill talk to some people I know that have been quite successful and hopefully they'll steer me in the right direction, but any input from you fellas that have successfully put on some lean mass post-comp would be really appreciated!! Thanks guys

buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jiveinhere View Post
    haha. Im doing some reading on what I should be doing in regards to dieting post-show (reverse diet, etc), but am still at a bit of a loss to be honest. Ill talk to some people I know that have been quite successful and hopefully they'll steer me in the right direction, but any input from you fellas that have successfully put on some lean mass post-comp would be really appreciated!! Thanks guys
    i've been pondering the exact same question, as i'm a first time competitor also. i'm thinking that im going to very slowly reverse diet by keeping macros the same as my pre-contest diet for a couple weeks, then slowly add a couple hundred calories at a time, keeping the c/p/f ratios close to 35/40/25. basically i want to avoid getting as FAT as i was when i began my cut. i thought i was doing the right thing by adding a ton of mass, but in hindsight i was really shooting myself in the foot by allowing all that fat to pile up.

Originally Posted by buckeye185 View Post
    i've been pondering the exact same question, as i'm a first time competitor also. i'm thinking that im going to very slowly reverse diet by keeping macros the same as my pre-contest diet for a couple weeks, then slowly add a couple hundred calories at a time, keeping the c/p/f ratios close to 35/40/25. basically i want to avoid getting as FAT as i was when i began my cut. i thought i was doing the right thing by adding a ton of mass, but in hindsight i was really shooting myself in the foot by allowing all that fat to pile up.
    Yeah exactly the same for me in regards to the fat gains haha, but Im just wanting to learn abit more before I subscribe to one principle fully. But yeah, check this out:

Quads & Calves

Shiiiiiet, what a day!! I had a lecture at 9am and then a 3 hr Anatomy Lab. I was feeling fine, but hit full zombie mode during the lab, and the fact it was ridiculously boring didnt help! Once it had finally finished, it was time for me to hit City Gym for a big session with Ben. The sun was shining outside, and despite feeling like a zombie, I was keen for a big one!

Quads

3 x Leg Extension (+ Forced Reps)

4 x Hack Squat

2 x Bodyweight Single Leg V-Squat

2 x Isolateral Leg Extension

1 x Leg Extension TRIPLE DROPSET

This was really high volume as per, and I got a sick pump. The Leg Extensions kicked me off with a wicked feeling in my quads, and with Ben forcing me to do a few extra reps on each set, my quads were pretty fried from the get-go. Again I really enjoyed the Hack-Squat, with this being only the second time Ive ever done them. We did them with constant tension and high reps, so suffice to say, I was feeling these haha. The bodyweight single leg v-squats were weird as fuk, but despite making my glutes burn like a motherlover, they felt pretty solid for quads. Although I dont think Id do that given the choice. Once again, finishing with these crazy Leg Extension sets is just the wickedest burn. I was in agony, head spinning (although thats pretty standard now lol) and yeah, feeling great/shiithouse

Calves

3 x Reverse Hack Squat Calf Raise

3 x Standing Calf Raise superset Seated Calf Raise

1 x 100 Reps Bodyweight Calf Raise

This was a pretty intense calf session actually, and Ive never seen my calves as vascular as they were! Once again I loved the Standing/Seated Calf Raise superset and got a wild pump from that. The Hack Squat Calf Raises were done by getting in the machine facing towards the back rest and using a calf platform (small piece of wood) and then doing raises. These were actually awesome and I really liked doing them.

Overall

After this I pumped out 30 mins cardio, which although when I started I looked like I had a birth defect, I actually came to enjoy. It was pretty relaxing after the intensity of the workout to jump on and drill out some cardio, whilst listening to some nice music haha. I then went and pikced up a shiitload of supps from the post office (ordered from bodybuilding.com) although I will be using most of them post-show. There was a 50% off everything sale at the chicken store as well so I bought 3kgs to cook up for the next few days!! I have to admit though, I also bought 2 more items for my post-show binge To go with my Hersheys Cookies and Cream bar, I bought some Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (all the Americans in the "post show binge" threads make me crave shiit Ive never had before lol!) and a Snickers 'Xtreme' bar, both of which promise to be AMAZING :P

Chest & Biceps

So today I actually felt really energetic and ready to train, which was odd, given last time we had a 10am session I felt like I was underwater and just couldnt motivate myself to do anything lol. But yeah, feeling sweet and ready to rock and roll. I had uni after the sesh but nothing major, just a couple of classes. Although, when my supplements from bb.com arrived last night, I got with them a 2L water jug which I used today, which made measuring the amount I had so much easier. It also meant I didnt have to keep refilling a little bottle everywhere I went. To go with this, the weather was amazing today AND I finally had some Xtend again to train with, all of which put me in high spirits to train....

Chest

3 x Triple Dropset Smith Machine Bench

3 x Pec Dec

3 x Decline Hammer Press

3 x Decline Bench Press

2 x Incline Hammer Press

This was an EPIC chest workout, going hard from the start! I was feeling really good today so we responded with some serious volume. Loads of dropsets, forced reps and everything that could pump blood into my chest. After the last set of the triple drop smith bench, I did pushups to failure.... I got 4 lmao. This was just a great workout, without any standout exercises, but just relentless intensity the whole time. I felt 10000x better than my previous chest workout with Ben, and it showed in my physique. I looked A LOT leaner yet also fuller. I need to try and replicate this in the coming weeks, because this was just epic!

Biceps

3 x Seated Dumbbell Hammer Curls (+ dropset on the last set)

3 x Nautilus Bicep Curls

This was the bomb! After that sick chest workout, I then hammered my bi's and felt unreal. I really really really liked the Seated DB Curls once again, and after the DOMS I got from them last week, I knew this was where I was gonna do some damage. My arms have never been so vascular in my life, and I couldnt believe the intense burn from these. Everything was working well today, and this workout highlighted that. I drilled out the weirdly angled Nautilus Curls and we were done. I really felt like this was one of the best workouts in the last few weeks!!

Overall

Today was a sick day. Workout was dope, then I spent the day at uni, pretty chullin. Then after this I drilled out a solid hour of cardio. Although I enjoyed it, I got fuking fired up when I was chullin at the gym, talking to some of the people I know... then some dipshiits started questioning my approach to the show. Paying me out for doing cardio and joking about me following everything Ben says to a tee. They are pretty big guys, but theyre also about 15 years older than me, so I couldnt give a fuk what they think I should be doing. I know I usually would take it a bit more light heartedly, but right at the moment I was IRATE! I basically laughed it off, said my goodbyes and got the fuk out of there. Im just waiting on meal 5 now, will do some cooking tonight and then hopefully get a bit more done in regards to organising the coming weeks. I have a shiitload on over the next few weeks, as well as the show, I have assignments to do and a couple of exams. Terrible timing, but its gotta be done!

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Firstly awesome progress from 13 to 4 weeks out! How many kilos lost is that? Abs appeared and legs look bigger, have to love getting lean!

Loving the mindset mate, in no time at all we will both be stepping on that stage, looking back at the dedication of the last few months, tucking into some FOOD!

Firstly awesome progress from 13 to 4 weeks out! How many kilos lost is that? Abs appeared and legs look bigger, have to love getting lean!

Loving the mindset mate, in no time at all we will both be stepping on that stage, looking back at the dedication of the last few months, tucking into some FOOD!
    Thanks man! I was about 90kgs at 13 weeks out, and Im now 79.

Yeah bro, Im organising tans/waxes and everything else right now. Just using this weekend to make sure Im fully organised, then I have to do some study for exams next week, THEN I have to do an assignment thats due the week between my shows, THEN I have to organise to do some extra work in order to get some more cash so I can afford all the expenses that come with competing/post-show binge. Fuarrrrking huge week ahead of me!

Thoughts On the Treadmill Volume 1

This is a bit of a "mock" entry I guess lol. I did an hour of cardio, in which I sent a text to my friend Szymon... Id been thinking about the events of yesterday and the onslaught of advice I've been receiving over the last few weeks from loads of different people. Someone Im pretty close to whose advice Id listened to and taken on board a number of times spoke to me about diet, and made me realise how little she actually knew. I started to lose faith in a lot of people Id spoken to who presented themselves as "experienced" or "successful". Even if they were both of these things, I really started to question whether there was anything behind the advice they were giving me. Now I want to make it clear Im not referring to Ben, I still have the utmost respect for him, and am still following his advice to a tee (ironic I know, but yeah). Anyway this was my text, very Kai Greene-esque lol.....

"Thoughts on the Treadmill Volume 1... Sometimes you need to understand that advice isn't what you need. Sometimes results don't come from constant refinement, but from relentless effort. There's always another method, but when you decide you're not going to stop what you have faith and confidence in until you get the results you want, you'll always finish first."

God contest prep makes me a pseudo-philosophical fool

oh and heres a bit of forearm vascularity for your time. I took it this morning, no pump, no sodium, no sugar...

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    side shots are your money ! looking asthetic as cuz dat chest !
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The problem I've discovered is that most people lack the ability to just have a "blind faith" and follow a path with nothing but a hope that it will work, and an astounding confidence that whatever they do will bring results...somehow. Most people thrive on structure, black and white views and "right or wrong." Life is so much more complex then that, and I think that often times (with all the conflicting information we are exposed to) it's easy to become almost afraid to just "let go."

In my eyes, there is no right or wrong. Sure, there may be better or worse, but that is all extremely individual. The most important thing is to look at the information and views that we are presented, find what is relevant to us (note that what is relevant or meaningful to one person may very well be completely void to another, that's fine too) and form our own opinion. This opinion or standpoint will change constantly, but I believe the best thing to do is just go with it, doing whatever feels right.

Glad to see we have some very similar outlooks on life mate!

Originally Posted by adamrochester View Post
    side shots are your money ! looking asthetic as cuz dat chest !
    haha thanks man! just need to get my legs up to par next year ey...

Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    The problem I've discovered is that most people lack the ability to just have a "blind faith" and follow a path with nothing but a hope that it will work, and an astounding confidence that whatever they do will bring results...somehow. Most people thrive on structure, black and white views and "right or wrong." Life is so much more complex then that, and I think that often times (with all the conflicting information we are exposed to) it's easy to become almost afraid to just "let go."

In my eyes, there is no right or wrong. Sure, there may be better or worse, but that is all extremely individual. The most important thing is to look at the information and views that we are presented, find what is relevant to us (note that what is relevant or meaningful to one person may very well be completely void to another, that's fine too) and form our own opinion. This opinion or standpoint will change constantly, but I believe the best thing to do is just go with it, doing whatever feels right.

Glad to see we have some very similar outlooks on life mate!
    Wow man, really well put. I totally agree and that notion of "blind faith" although on the surface it seems naive, is actually a crucial element to success. Its easy to look at every new and exciting piece of information and say "Ill do that" and then preach about it to everyone around you, but it takes a lot more commitment, drive and focus to say "This will work and Im not stopping until it does". I honestly have 3 or 4 people every single day give me advice about how I should change my contest prep, but I just keep saying to myself that Ben knows me better and that if I stick with what hes telling me, Im going to succeed.

Because of today's "epiphany", I plan on doing my own prep next year, and will be starting as soon as the show is over. Everything will be done with next year in mind, and I wont have a big bulk like I did this year, but a slow controlled bulk, staying much closer to contest shape, keeping much better track of my caloric intake. I think it was crucial to have Ben prep me this year, and for me to learn about the process with some guidance, and will use the knowledge of prep and my own body I have acquired over the past 2 months in the process of achieving my goals...

Delts & Abs

Im gonna keep this fairly brief, because theres a Vlog at the end for ya'll haha. But yeah in regards to the workout, I was feeling pretty wrecked today, not a lot of energy. We did some posing practice at City Gym again (once again EPIC lighting hahaha) and then went over diet and plan of action for the next 3 weeks leading up to the show day. I am honestly so excited!! I just cant wait! Anyway, it was time to train...

Delts

3 x Seated DB Press Dropset

3 x Nautilus Lateral Raise superset Nautilus Shoulder Press (30 second rest)

3 x Lying Cable Crossover superset Bent Over Raises

2 x Hammer Strength Shoulder Press (last set was a TRIPLE DROPSET)

This was really really hard. I was pretty low on energy so I struggled through this, with Ben pushing me to my limit once again. Everything was done to failure and then with added forced reps, so my delts were on fire as per. Im really starting to like that Nautilus superset, despite the fact it SUCKS lol. Oh well, I enjoyed going beyond failure once again and had some crazy roundness to my delts with the pump. They were a weakness a number of weeks ago, but have really come up recently and Im very proud of that

Abs

2 x Ab Crunch Machine

This was just a bit of activation, nothing too special really. Ben just wants to make sure I still have a good muscle mind connection with my core and doesnt want them to have DOMS, which would just impinge on other workouts and serve little purpose.

Overall

Sorry this entry was so short today guys, Im really feeling exhausted to be honest. I pushed out an hour of cardio at a higher intensity than usual today and its really taking its toll. I feel pretty fuking dead and will have my dinner pretty soon, then crash early. I have uni tomorrow in which the girl I taught how to squat last week, will teach me lol. Im looking forward to that and should be a pretty chullin day haha. Hams and Traps straight after though, so its a good chance to relax before I go all out!!

But heres a special treat for ya'll....

andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    good attitude brah! Loving the vlog!
    - <30 weeks out with 3DMJ & -Berto- to the 2014 Victorian INBA Victorian Titles.

- Also, join my log on ********: http://www.********.com/AndysNaturalJourney

Great vlog dude, you definitely have your head screwed on straight, wish I had those priorities when I was younger.

Definitely understand the love hate relationship with the sport, the moments in the gym where you loose focus and have an internal bitch, but rationality kicks in and you crank up the intensity even higher. Or what I normally do is quote Arnold to myself "comon girly man one more rep, 10 more minutes!" etc.

I like the fact about what will you think tomorrow also, day by day is what this takes, I have made myself victim of always thinking ahead in terms of weeks even months, but without overcoming those daily battles you will not complete the journey. Now if you will excuse me I did binge today, so I'm off to do another 2 hours of cardio so tomorrow I know I half made up for a ****ty day of loosing focus

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Man, I totally understand EXACTLY what you're on about in that vlog. I've actually been detached from a lot of people lately that I used to be friends with, for those exact reasons you outlined. I'm much happier now having only a few very close friends that are so like minded as me and supportive, hell one of my best mates is married with 3 kids. I think what we do really helps to mature us. I just don't see the point in living life with no direction. Not even no direction, but just taking each day as monotonously as the last.

Love bouncing our vlogs off each other lol

NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great Vlog Stefan

Love the way you think, Keep the inspiring words coming!

Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like many others here, I can relate to what you said in your vlog. Being surrounded with people such as yourself is not only motivating, but also maturing (as mentioned by Kyle). I've often had my efforts to change my physique dismissed by others and through that I understand how surrounding yourself with like-minded people can be very powerful.

The "thoughts on the treadmill" was very deep, keep them coming bro! Things like that keep me on track when people are trying to de-rail me. (I am the aforementioned Szymon haha)

Originally Posted by andyboi View Post
    good attitude brah! Loving the vlog!
    Thanks bro

Great vlog dude, you definitely have your head screwed on straight, wish I had those priorities when I was younger.

Definitely understand the love hate relationship with the sport, the moments in the gym where you loose focus and have an internal bitch, but rationality kicks in and you crank up the intensity even higher. Or what I normally do is quote Arnold to myself "comon girly man one more rep, 10 more minutes!" etc.

I like the fact about what will you think tomorrow also, day by day is what this takes, I have made myself victim of always thinking ahead in terms of weeks even months, but without overcoming those daily battles you will not complete the journey. Now if you will excuse me I did binge today, so I'm off to do another 2 hours of cardio so tomorrow I know I half made up for a ****ty day of loosing focus
    Haha yeah man thats what its all about. When youre struggling and want to quit, the best way to motivate yourself is to amp it up! I have to do this pretty regularly on the cardio lol. Shame about your binge, but yeah, hopefully my little quote will help you out Its in my sig btw

Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    Man, I totally understand EXACTLY what you're on about in that vlog. I've actually been detached from a lot of people lately that I used to be friends with, for those exact reasons you outlined. I'm much happier now having only a few very close friends that are so like minded as me and supportive, hell one of my best mates is married with 3 kids. I think what we do really helps to mature us. I just don't see the point in living life with no direction. Not even no direction, but just taking each day as monotonously as the last.

Love bouncing our vlogs off each other lol
    For sure man, I get that totally! Ive been hanging out with people that are a few years older than me recently, and my friendship with Ben has become even deeper since we started training at City Gym. I agree it makes us more mature, and yeah like I said, Im not really that interested in hanging with people who dont have any passion or drive.

In regards to the Vlog, Im thinking of doing one every Sunday lol. This would be a a good way to recap the week and also, once competition seasons start, I can do them post show, maybe during my food binge hahaha

Originally Posted by NattyFLEX View Post
    Great Vlog Stefan

Love the way you think, Keep the inspiring words coming!
    Thanks brah, good to see people responding well to the Vlog

Originally Posted by Brosevski View Post
    Like many others here, I can relate to what you said in your vlog. Being surrounded with people such as yourself is not only motivating, but also maturing (as mentioned by Kyle). I've often had my efforts to change my physique dismissed by others and through that I understand how surrounding yourself with like-minded people can be very powerful.

The "thoughts on the treadmill" was very deep, keep them coming bro! Things like that keep me on track when people are trying to de-rail me. (I am the aforementioned Szymon haha)
    My man.... Yeah I thought of you when I posted this. Hopefully that hit home pretty deep brother, cause I dont think anyone should sacrifice their goals because of lack of support. Just keep driving man, and when it gets hard to focus, think about what you'll feel tomorrow. If you think you'll regret it, practice self-discipline. Just dont fuking stop for anyone man, this is your dream, and your effort

Hamstrings & Traps

What a peculiar day! I was basically lethargic and zombie mode all day. I had an exercise science lab in which the hottest girl in our course taught me how to do lunges and I taught her how to do pushups lol. Was tempted to do the Rocky "fist under the chest" thing, but thought that might be too far (BigBen -not coach Ben- was partnered with her last week haha). Anyway, it was time to train after this, and with my daily sugar hit of an apple in my belly, I had a bit more energy. Ben came a bit late, but while I was waiting I started to see some vascularity in my quads!! My arms are getting heaps vascular, especially after the apple lol!

Hamstrings

4 x Prone Leg Curl

3 x Stiff Legged Deadlift

3 x Standing Leg Curl

This was a great workout. Despite feeling tired and lethargic all day, as soon as we started training I was ready to rock!! We went heavy on the curls, which was the first time we've done much heavy stuff, so that was great fun. Then the Stiff Legs were done with a lot of focus on glutes. This meant I was really really tight with form and felt crazy pumps in my hams and glutes The final set was done to failure which was, as Ben said "Till you cant hold the bar anymore". I was in agony, despite only using 80kgs lol. Finishing with some Standing Leg Curls certainly did the job, and when I had to go upstairs to grab my straps for traps, I realised how fuked my hams were lol!

Traps

3 x DB Shrugs

2 x Machine Barbell Shrugs Face Backwards superset Face Forward superset Farmer's Walk w/ 20kg plates

This was also sick! We went fairly heavy on the DB shrugs, but the focus was form and reps were still quite high, so I wasnt using anything too exciting haha. I liked doing these, especially as I havent done them for like 6 months! Its always sick going back to something you havent done for ages, but used to love. The epic superset.... We're doing this every week now lol. Luckily theres only one more Hams and Traps workout cause this superset is a killer. I look like a twat walking along throughout the gym wincing in pain, whilst holding only 20kgs haha. But yeah... This hurts, and with Ben constantly telling me to get my shoulders up (I feel like I need to have them touch the roof to make him happy lol) I was finished completely after this.

Overall

This was a really good workout. Drilled out an easy 30 mins of cardio. Partly cause I thought it was meant to be an hour, then I remembered after 24 mins that I only needed to do 30 haha. In response to this, I jacked up the intensity for the last 5 mins, something Im really starting to like, and will do more frequently! Im feeling great atm, just sipping on some Green Tea and about to have dinner. I need to get a jump start on some uni work tonight as this week is going to be busy as fuark!! I cant believe how responsive my body is atm. Im only going to have one more cup of tea, because I get sooo much energy from it!! Like seriously, it perks me up like a double shot coffee lmao. I cant wait to carb up before the show now. In my head Ive been going over the feeling of my muscles filling out with glycogen and just getting that POP I've been lacking for so long. Im feeling like everything is in place, and all I need to do is let it happen now Oh I also start my new job tomorrow! Coaching cricket at my old high school to some 14 year olds. Promises to be a pretty easy and relaxed way to score some cash lol.

NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Vascularity in the Quads, Very impressive

Whats your split at the moment Stefan?

Nathan,

Originally Posted by NattyFLEX View Post
    Vascularity in the Quads, Very impressive

Whats your split at the moment Stefan?

Nathan,
    Its all in here man, but I guess I can type out a summarised version. This has been my split for the whole of contest prep so far, but will change at about a week and a half out.

Monday - Hams & Traps
    Tuesday - Rest
    Wednesday - Back & Triceps
    Thursday - Quads & Calves
    Friday - Chest & Biceps
    Saturday - Rest
    Sunday - Delts & Abs

only 2.5 weeks to go brother, you've got this!!!!

Back & Tris

This was another one of these peculiar days. Zombie mode through uni, including a test :P and just total lack in energy. I felt okay about the test, but just relieved to get it out of the way. I have one more tomorrow that I'll be revising for tonight (dw Ive done plenty leading up to now lol) and then I'll have a little bit of time before I need to do any more real uni work. Anyway, after a couple of lectures, I was making my way to City Gym. And despite being really drained all day, as soon as I got there, my energy just went through the roof!!

Back

2 x Lat Pulldown

2 x Close Grip Cable Row

2 x Hammer Strength High Row

3 x DB Bent Over Row

Dont be fooled, this was full on!! Today I was feeling SO strong, so we decided there was no reason to hold back. I got a PB on lat pulldown somehow(?!) and then we drilled out an extra 10 forced reps on each set. I was pretty wrecked after this, but yeah the plan was to do one heavy exercise, then one "feeler". So the cable rows werent very heavy, but super slow and with the build up to RLS in mind. The second set was a dropset, but still super strict and slow. The High Row was fantastic!! I really like this, and I managed to smash the numbers Ben suggested I hit Again we used the DB Rows as a "feeler", and yeah, I really liked that. This was a sick workout!!

Triceps

3 x Tricep Pushdown

2 x Seated Pressdown Machine

3 x Single Arm Overhead Rope Extension

Again, feeling really really strong and as such this was HUGE! We just got a good warmup pump on the pushdown, and then the seated pressdown were heavy as fuarrrk. I was in agony with this, and we drilled well beyond failure. My arms felt like they were going to explode!! To finish, one of Ben's favourite exercises.... This is done with very minimal weight and extremely tight form. Full ROM is crucial and makes the pain in the tris just retarded. I hate when I miss full ROM by about an inch and Ben makes me do an extra rep to make up for it lmao. Either way, its not the most "hardcore" exercise, but fuk me that shiit is full on!! Really great end to a sick workout

Overall

As I said earlier, this is becoming a habit! Im lethargic all day, then drill out some serious shiit when I hit the gym I smashed out an hour of cardio after this session and then had to sprint off to make sure I didnt get a parking ticket haha. The plan is to have dinner in about 45 mins, then study my little heart out lol. After this exam tomorrow, Ill have a bit more time to recompose myself and refocus. Uni is taking priority for the next little while, but dont stress, Im still dieting properly and training right (as you can see above lol). The weather is starting to get a lot nicer over here, and as of tomorrow, WINTER IS OVER!! WOOOOO!!!! :P

Anyway, I better run, but heres what I just got in the mail when I arrived home!!