Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jealous of feathering!!

jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Amazing news

So I was just chilling on fb at uni yesterday because I was too wrecked and couldnt focus in my lecture, anyway... my "coach"/good friend Ben G asks if I'd like for him to train me (he gives me programs, but doesnt train me usually) for the WHOLE WEEK at City Gym (the mecca of bodybuilding in Sydney) in order to promote his new independent PT business. I only usually see him for an hour or 2 a week in which time we go over diet, routine and do 30-45mins posing, so this will be a great chance for both of us to work together and get me up on that stage in the best shape possible. I cant describe how excited I am about this opportunity, especially so close to contest. Its cool to see that Ben G is feeding off my excitement and starting to show he's keen for me to jump on stage as well!

Originally Posted by domingochavez View Post
    Jealous of feathering!!
    thanks man! In a year's time, once theres some better size on them, I think that will be more warranted haha

Gonna post a full set of pics next Monday
    "Dont rush to get grown, drive slow homie"

jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000)

Back & Tris

Today was an odd day. I was feeling flat and exhausted all day, my broccoli had been in the fridge for too long and started to go off, so I had to force feed myself this disgusting shiit that made me wanna throw up, just to get my macros right. Not to mention I just wasnt in the mood for uni after waking up at 5.15am for coaching, after a pretty shiit nights sleep. However, at the end of the final lecture for the day, after hearing a fat old woman talk about how crappy all of our diets probably were and bitching about body fat in all of us... it was time for some serious business. I hit the gym just before peak time, alone and ready to smash out some real shiit.

Back

3 x Bodyweight Pullups (wide grip) to Failure - 60 seconds rest

3 x Isolateral Hammer Row

3 x Cable Row

3 x Underhand Row Machine

I'm not gonna lie and pretend this was the most brutal session of my life. To be honest, I didnt feel great for the first half. Weights were the same, form was spot on, but it just took me a while to really feel a good pump. I think my rear delts were very fatigued from the stiff leg deads with the EZ bar on monday cause they were sore as fuark! I think it was probably on the cable rows that I really started to feel some of the right kinda pain in my lats and I made sure to focus on contraction and slow negatives with both this and the underhand row machine. That made a world of difference and by the end my head was spinning from the pump!! Workout=salvaged.*

Triceps

3 x Barbell Skullcrushers

3 x Bodyweight Dips to Failure - 30 seconds rest

Now while back may have started slow, this did not! I went heavy from the start, and didnt hold back. I was mirin my own vascularity in my forearms as I got the bar up to shoulder height before sitting down for my skullcrushers lol. Every rep was a struggle, but form didnt suffer much at all. I got a dude I'd never met to spot me, and he did a great job. A bit of a rarity around Anytime Fitness lol, but I was tres satisfied Finishing off with the dips just gave me a nutty pump and I was very happy with my session.

On the way out I was chatting to the gym owner, and he was asking me about how prep was going, etc. He got me to take my shirt off and even I was surprised how lean Im looking. I cant wait to show you guys next week haha

So apart from my shiity broccoli and mates saying I looked "dead" at uni lol, I had a good day in the end. Amazing what a good session can do to change the tone of the day!! I'm having a cheat meal tonight too, cant wait. Its my second last cheat meal, with 5.5 weeks till first show and 6.5 till the main one, Im feeling excited!!! Gotta carb up tonight, whilst keeping it clean, so that tomorrow I can pump out a huge quads and calves sesh..... Stay tuned
    Last edited by jiveinhere; 08-11-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Quads & Calves

Today I was really feeling the effect of my prep. I was in full zombie mode at uni and decided to skip some lectures in order to train before I was too tired. Im pretty fcking wrecked writing this, so excuse the brevity and lack of vocab because Im utterly trashed lol!!

Quads

3 x Leg Extension superset Smith Machine Squats - 30 second rest

3 x Leg Press

This was mindblowing! Today I tried something new with the leg extensions. A good friend of mine, and actually shes offered to potentially prep me next year, including my bulk (which Im gonna do differently to this year), but yeah sorry, she suggested pointing my toes to hit the lower aspect of my quads. I gave this a crack and fck, that **** was totally different!! I really liked it and then supersetted with 20 reps on the Smith Squats, I was gone. I dont really like the Smith Squats, and Im looking forward to next week when I get to shake it up with Ben G at City Gym, but I figured if Im gonna do it... do it right. So yeah, I was in agony after this, and basically my rest time between sets was the length of time it took me to hobble from the Smith to the leg extensions haha. On the Leg Press, I really focused on form, much more so than usual. On my last set, I drilled out the necessary 15, and then decided to do a dropset, and smashed out 20 more reps.... Only to decide that wasnt enough. I picked my quivering legs off the ground and pushed out 10 more reps. I felt the effect of this when I went to stand up, got ridiculously dizzy, legs gave way, and I was back in the seat lol!*

Calves

3 x Leg Press Calf Raises

2 x Bodyweight Calf Raises - 100 reps

This was pretty solid. Really intense pump and I was happy to be finished with this brutal day haha.

Im gonna have dinner in about 20 mins (its still light here lol) because Im just too fcked, and then go to bed at about 9pm I think. Keen for a big chest day tomorrow morning so I need to get some serious sleep haha. Btw Kyle, if youre reading this, I replaced my regular Leg Day Short Shorts with a pair of baggy trackies *

Not long left now.... Im feeling on track and couldnt be more excited!*
    Last edited by jiveinhere; 08-11-2011 at 03:12 PM.

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lmao check my log in like half an hour bro, we pretty much had exactly the same day. Legs + zombie mode...phuck our lives. Proud of you for wearing trackies though

Thank you based god bballbrett5's Avatar
    bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lookin awesome dude! haha and i've been there too with just eating and going to bed. i try to prolong eating as much as i can, but sometimes it ends up going to bed super early and waking up SUPER early just to eat again

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bballbrett5 View Post
    lookin awesome dude! haha and i've been there too with just eating and going to bed. i try to prolong eating as much as i can, but sometimes it ends up going to bed super early and waking up SUPER early just to eat again
    Yeah sucks doesn't it! The further under 10% bodyfat I get, the more I'm waking up in the middle of the night hungry and needing to constantly pee. Must be even worse when shredded!

haha makes people do a double take when im talking to them on fb and im like "im off to bed" at like 7.30 lol. Last night I went to sleep about 9 and woke up at 7.45. Defs a good feeling to get that much sleep haha. Although it hasnt saved me from zombie mode today, but thats probably partly to do with training this morning too lol.

Yeah sucks doesn't it! The further under 10% bodyfat I get, the more I'm waking up in the middle of the night hungry and needing to constantly pee. Must be even worse when shredded!
    I tend to sleep pretty well, but yeah, Im drinking so much water that I genuinely pee every hour minimum!

Chest & Biceps

I trained at about 10am today, on only 1 meal and with a relatively full day ahead. I need to go in again after uni this arvo and do some cardio, and then I'm going out to see a movie tonight, but I dunno if I'll be able to stay awake for it all haha. Im in full zombie mode again!! I was so ready to feel refreshed after a 10.5 hr sleep, but alas, Im fcking wrecked haha. Still plenty of meals left I suppose so hopefully thatll give me some more energy as the day goes on. I ran out of Xtend today and had to have some ON BCAA pills instead. Hopefully my order from bb.com comes soon because in order to get the same amino acids from the pills, I had to have 20 pills during the workout. That wasnt fun haha. Anyway, on to the workout....

Chest

3 x Flat DB Press

3 x Hammer Strength Press

4 x Pec Dec superset Pushups to failure

Now although my chest is genetically a strong point, I work fcking hard on it to ensure it stays that way. I didnt have a lot of strength this morning due to having to train at 10am and only eating 1 meal prior to training. Nonetheless, I ignored the weight I was using and focused on full ROM and squeezing at the top of each movement. I still managed to go somewhat heavy, getting the 42s (93lb) up for 8 on my last set of flat DB press. The real struggle with this workout was the Pec Dec superset. I was utterly shattered and with a 2 second hold at the top of the movement on the machine, my chest was on fire!! I felt great, but utterly ruined.

Biceps

3 x Cable Curls

3 x Alternating Seated DB Hammer Curls

There isnt much to say about Bis other than holy pump! However, I used my knowledge that Ive acquired in the last few weeks of Anatomy in my seated DB curls. Although the bicep aids in flexion of the elbow, the primary flexor is actually the brachialis. The primary movement of the biceps is supination. With this in mind, rather than starting the movement in the traditional fashion with hand facing the body, I actually had them completely pronated, facing behind. As I curled up I twisted my wrists until they were totally supinated at the top of the movement. It was only a subtle difference in the movement, but it meant the biceps were involved in more of the action than usual. This lead to a much better pump and a more conclusive feel to the movement. Its funny, just by turning my hands a little bit more at the start of the movement, I actually increased the ROM that the biceps were engaged in dramatically!!

I have one lecture left today, then I get to have a meal and off to do some cardio!! Will aim to eat dinner about 8/8.30 tonight (taking it with me to the movies lol, along with a shake and almonds). Im not happy about it but I might need to get to bed as late as 1am, but luckily its Friday and I can sleep in tomorrow yiewww!!

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In mate 'mirin aesthetics.

Hamstrings, Delts & Traps

Fuuuaarrrkk, what a couple of days!! So basically, I was sick as a dog on Sunday and couldnt train or even do cardio. I called Ben G and he said we shouldnt do posing either, so I spent the day eating right and resting. After having an absolute BOSS of a nap... I felt amazingly better. I still rested all day and got to bed early, hoping to be able to start training the following day. I woke up on Monday... feeling about 85%, but decided that was enough to train on. So after a day of uni, I went off to soccer coaching. At 5pm the boys left the park and I went to my car and had a 45 min nap lol. When I woke up, I felt ready as fuark to train... I made me way through peak hour traffic, and spent ages struggling to find a park, but eventually.... I was at City Gym, and it was time to train!!!

Hamstrings

4 x Prone Leg Curl

4 x Seated Hammy Curl

5 x Stiff Legged Deadlift

This was the first time I'd ever been trained by someone so I was excited to go all out. We started off on the Prone Leg Curl and I wasnt a big fan at first, but with a 2 second positive, 2 second hold at the top and 2 second negative, I was feeling good after the first few sets. Then moving on to Seated Hammy's, again a movement I'm not a huge fan of, but fuuuuark. I was shattered after the first couple of sets and then with a dropset on the last, my legs were fried. The Stiff Leg Deads were done slightly differently than I usually would. Slow negative, pause at the bottom and then explode up. Ben G noticed my back was arching when I was trying to go too deep, so he kept me from going too far below my knees. This actually turned out to still hit my hams as hard, but without the lower back engagement. Next would usually be Traps, but as I didnt train Delts and Abs on Sunday, we threw Delts in first....

Delts

3 x Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press

3 x Bent Over Dumbbell Raise superset Reverse Pec Dec

3 x Nautilus Lat Raise superset Nautilus Shoulder Press (30 second rest)

We started warming up with some lighter seated DB presses, going 6-8 reps, but once we started going heavy, Ben G had forgotten to tell me I was meant to hit 12. This meant that I stopped at 8 on my first set, and he just said "you have to do 4 more"... Now had I been doing the set, that would have been hard, but fine. However having dropped them, picking the weights back up and smashing out 4 more is a fukload harder!! Each set after this was agony, with Ben G pushing me to absolute exhaustion. My rear delts were fried by the reverse Pec Dec and then the Nautilus Machine had me writhing in agony. Having never done it before (the pads are at about forearms height, so you bend your arms and raise them laterally, then supersetted with overhead press with parallel bars) I couldnt believe how fuked by delts felt by the end of it all. I honestly havent had a delt pump like that before.

Traps

3 x Behind the Back Barbell Shrugs superset Front Barbell Shrugs superset Farmers Walk w/ 20kg Plates

This was HUGE. Bare in mind how little trap work Ive done over the last 6 months, and then to hammer them with this ungodly superset was a killer. As I write this I can feel them being tight and begging for a massage The shrugs were done hard out, and felt great, hitting 10 reps on either side, but then to go for a Farmers Walk, about 30-45 seconds per lap, doing 2 per set, traps held high the whole time.... I was struggling! At the end of my last set Ben G kept shouting to get my shoulders up, but it honestly felt as if they were haha. They were as high as they were gonna go, and I was positive my traps had reached absolute failure.... I was happy.

Everything was done with about 60-90 seconds rest between sets, except the Nautilus superset which was only 30! At the end of it all I had a meal and a chat with Ben. He said he thinks I need to tighten up, and it's time to get serious. Im happy to hear that, and ready as fuark to step the foot to the floor and I'm not taking that motherfucker off till Im holding the trophy! This means cardio is dramatically increasing. It also meant that after our monster session, I had to go to my normal gym (because my parking in the city was running out) and I had to do an hour of cardio... at 9pm. I was wrecked by the end, especially after the intensity of our training session, but I still had to go home, finish an assignment and then prepare all my meals for the next day! I was basically sprinting around my house, doing 3 things at once, but eventually had the assignment done, the meals prepped, tupperware from the day washed, and was in bed by 11.40. I managed to do all that and get 8 hours sleep before uni today. Fuk I'm good lol

I'm looking forward to the next 6 weeks of training with Ben G at City Gym, and am anticipating some great things. Watch this space, changes are coming quick. I had to delay the pics I was gonna post today and will post some in a weeks time. I'm feeling more focused than I ever have, and think... no... I KNOW I'm gonna hit that stage shredded as I can get. It's time to finish what I started, keep an eye out, cause sh!t is about to get motherfuking real!!
    Last edited by jiveinhere; 08-15-2011 at 07:43 PM.

andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Inspiration in here bro!!! Still waiting on dem nudez you promised
    - <30 weeks out with 3DMJ & -Berto- to the 2014 Victorian INBA Victorian Titles.

- Also, join my log on ********: http://www.********.com/AndysNaturalJourney

Originally Posted by andyboi View Post
    Inspiration in here bro!!! Still waiting on dem nudez you promised
    Glad youre enjoying it man! Like I said though, you'll have to wait a week to see some n00dz. Trust me though, it'll be worth it...

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    no good about the sickness would be ubber f***d in prep but all good now your trucking on thats what counts killing it once again keep it up bro ! noods noods noods !
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000)
    I for one, welcome these noods.

Back & Triceps

Up again at 5.30 for coaching this morning, although luckily this is the last time I'll have to do that! Thank god the seasons over haha. Full day of uni, which was actually a bit harder than usual, just feeling a tad bit flat. Not zombie mode or anything, but just a bit less energy. Anyway, once everything had been done and it was time to train, I got a bit of energy, purely from the anticipation of having a HUGE session. I wasnt disappointed with what Ben had in store for me....

Back

3 x Hammer Strength High Row

3 x Wide Grip Lat Pulldown

2 x High Rep Deadlifts

3 x Isolateral Hammer Strength Low Row

This was brutal! After warming up with 2 good sets of wide grip chin ups, we just blasted my lats relentlessly. Once again, rest was only 60 seconds or so. Im really enjoying having Ben push me through these workouts and squeezing out a couple more forced reps from me, like in the lat pulldown. We went hard out on that, and I was knackered by the end! But then it was time for the serious shiit. High rep Deadlifts!! I only threw about 80kgs on the bar (my PB is 165kgx3) and was told by Ben to hit 20 reps. Each was done with exact form and I could really feel a squeeze in my lower back and lower lats. Perfect. But then, for the second set, I hit 20, but Ben just said "Youve got 5 more in you!". I did. It was brutal, but I smashed them out, and god it hurt!! But thats why I love it This workout was focused on squeezing my lower lats and trying to picture my xmas tree with every rep. Its hard to explain, but I can honestly say I felt the shape of the xmas tree as I squeezed my lats together during each set.*

Triceps

4 x Cable Skullcrushers

3 x Single-Arm Standing Overhead Extensions w/ Cable

2 x Seated Single DB Overhead Extension (two hands on 1 DB)

I can say with absolute certainty, that this was the most intense tricep pump I've ever had. The standing cable extensions were mindblowing!! I was in absolute agony after each set, but I didnt have to go too heavy, it was more about full ROM on each rep and squeezing at the top of the movement. Going until my arms were jelly, this shiit was sick!! The last set of seated DB overhead extension was DOPE!! We went for a rep out set, and having hit about 25ish on my own, utterly dying... Ben pushed me to do a further 10 forced reps! I stood up and the rush of blood to my tris was retarded. Like wtf! I genuinely couldnt believe the intensity of this pump haha. God Im loving training with Ben at City Gym!!!!

Then went to Anytime Fitness (my other gym) and pumped out a solid hour of cardio. No more cheat meals, cardios increasing.... Im feeling on track

So basically yeah... theres not a lot to it. Just having a great time and looking forward to the next 6 weeks of hard out training with Ben. Tomorrow is quads and calves, so if theres no updates from now on, you'll have to accept the fact that Ben has murdered me in the gym :P*

Holy high rep sets batman!!

Working hard in here no doubt

bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    killin it my dude!

Quads & Calves

So today I was feeling really good. On top of everything and not flat. Had a pretty chullin (not a typo, thats what me and my mates say, get used to it lol) day at uni, got through a lecture in which a fat old woman told me how to train haha, and then had a 3 hour Anatomy Lab. This was made bearable by the fact that I got the number of the cute girl I've been flirting with lol. Yiew! Anyway, I then skipped 4 hours of lectures in order to train with Ben... It was time to get serious.

Quads*

2 x Leg Extension + 5 Forced Reps (60 seconds rest)

4 x Hack Squat (60 seconds rest)

2 x V-Squat

2 x Iso-lateral Leg Extension

1 x Leg Extension Triple Dropset

If I was to describe this workout in one word... VOLUME!! Holy crap. After killing myself on the leg extensions, with Ben making me do 5 forced reps at the end, taking my legs to a whole other world of hurt, it was time to start squatting. I've never done the hack squat before and I really liked it, although to be totally honest, Ben didnt get me to go too heavy on this, so I only really started hurting on it during the last 2 sets. I asked him about this, and he said that we were just warming up for the next exercise! V-Squats were fuking awesome!! I did 20 reps on the first set, after aiming to hit 15 initially. When I got to 19 on the second set, I didnt even consider stopping at 20, because I knew Ben would push me to do another 5 at least haha. Shiit was intense! Then finishing off with a good pump on the leg extensions, one leg at a time. After 2 full on sets, Ben asked if I was ready to move onto calves. I wasnt really feeling the wobbly legs and nausea that Im used to so I said no. He decided a triple dropset on the leg extensions would do the trick... and it did!! I smashed out the last few reps on the second set with literally nothing left in the tank. My quads couldnt physically contract and bring my legs up anymore at this point. When we had finally reached total failure... WE DID ANOTHER FUKING DROP!!! I think I mustve been lifting about 10kgs, but it felt like 80. I was in agony, but did everything I could to move that weight. Eventually, it was over lol.

Calves

3 x Standing Calf Raise superset Seated Calf Raise

1 x 100 Reps Bodyweight Calf Raise

I really enjoyed this workout, and having never done the seated calf raise before, my calves were in a world of hurt. With a pump (which this superset more than delivered!) they actually looked like a respectable set of calves lmao. Hopefully I'll be walking around with some juicy little calves eventually haha, I hate my calf genetics!! Oh well, Im putting in the work now, so the growth should happen eventually. After 3 gruelling sets, Ben took me over to do some bodyweight calf raises. My legs were just jelly at this point, from both quads and what Id done already for calves. I did these super slow and with a full ROM. It was excruciating, but at the end, my calves didnt really have the burning sensation I'm used to, but more of a numbness lol. I was happy with this feeling, and we called it a day...

After this, I had to do 30 mins of cardio. I can honestly say this was surprisingly easy. Now dont get me wrong, I looked like a goober and could hardly stand up, with my legs giving way every few steps, but since 30 mins is the least cardio I do a day now, and given the great Air-Con they have at City Gym compared to Anytime, I was loving it haha. I got off and limped up the stairs to the changerooms. Finished... finally.

Right now my quads are cramping up a storm if I accidently contract them lol, yet as fuked as I feel, I have a sense of euphoria. The sun is shining outside, I got that girls number :P, Ive done everything I need to do today (although I think I might need to go buy some more chicken to cook tonight) and I can relax a bit.*

Holy high rep sets batman!!

Working hard in here no doubt
    killin it my dude!
    Thanks guys

Okay now just cause I love you guys.... heres a sneak peak! Full pics on tues (I promise lol)

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Excellent journal you have going here, keep up the great work.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Chest & Biceps

Struggling today. Just really drained and flat :/ Was weak as fuark in the gym, training at 10am with Ben on only 1 meal, although pumps were still nasty and I didnt hold back at all. Was still feeling fatigued in triceps from Wednesday's session and I think that may have contributed. Im gonna spend the rest of the day eating right and resting. Ive got a bit of cardio to do, ill pump out an hour and then go home and do some uni work/chill out for the night. Anyway, onto the workout...

Chest

3 x Flat Barbell Bench Press

3 x Hammer Strength Press

3 x Pec Dec supersetDecline Pushups

3 x High Cable Crossover superset Low Cable Crossover

This was hard. I was feeling really drained and weak. Bench Press was done at super high reps, hitting 15 reps, and only managing to go at 80kgs. I struggled and only ended up getting 12 on the second set, so I had to drop the weight to 60. Ive never been so weak on this, in the past Ive repped 100 for 10 so this felt rough. The Hammer Press was done with super slow contraction, pause at the top then super slow negative. Again this was a struggle and although I had a sick pump at this point, I felt pretty shiity. The fly movements were all done with pausing at the squeeze and really tight form. I wasnt feeling strong and had a hard time keeping on, but I didnt sacrifice technique. This meant that although I was low on energy, and not lifting as much as usual, I still got a filthy pump lol.

Biceps

3 x Seated DB Hammer Curl

3 x Cable Curl superset Seated Barbell Pumps (short ROM curls at high pace to failure)

Again, not feeling too energetic but still keen focused on getting shiit done. Ben got me to do the DB curls with the tightest possible form and the pump it delivered was monumental. I was in agony after 1 set, so at least I was starting to feel a bit better about the session. I drilled out 3 sets and then made my way over to the cables. Ben was a nazi about form and it meant that my delts and traps didnt get even the slightest chance to get engaged in the movement. The superset with "pumps" that I was told to do was good. The "pumps" werent my favourite thing, but they certainly got the job done! I had a pump beyond belief and that was the end. I then had to bolt because my parking had run out lol.

Overall (I finally have a title for this last little bit :P)

Although Im struggling a lot today and am in zombie mode for sure, Im feeling on track and keen to get rid of this last little bit of stomach fat hiding my bottom abs. I reckon it'll all be gone in a week or two, but god I just want it now!! Im pretty keen to take some pics on Tuesday and post them for ya'll, kinda cause Im interested to see what I look like from behind lol. As I said earlier, gonna do an hour of cardio after my lecture which Im about to head off to, and then will go home and chill for the rest of the night. Might do some uni work, eat dinner early then have an early night. Keen for my rest day tomorrow, this week training with Ben has been all that I hoped for and more! I cant wait to keep this up for the next 5 weeks lmao!!
    Last edited by jiveinhere; 08-19-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000)
    some serious motivation in this thread.

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Back is leaning up nicely mate!

in for the rest of the pics on tues or whenever! spinal erectors lookin great in that one photo

in for the rest of the pics on tues or whenever! spinal erectors lookin great in that one photo
    well Im doing posing practice tomorrow, but I dunno if Ben will take any pics. If not then in 3 days time Ill take some new ones Still a fair ways to go, but Im feeling on track!

Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    Back is leaning up nicely mate!
    Thanks man, Im always interested to see how I look from behind lol, given how rarely we see our back compared to front!

Originally Posted by Brosevski View Post
    some serious motivation in this thread.
    gotta get get!!

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Excellent journal you have going here, keep up the great work.
    thanks man!! good to see you made it

Delts & Abs

Well today was a hell of a mixed bag! Its Sunday luckily so my zombie mode was lost at home, where I could just chill out, cook some meals for today and tomorrow, and then just eat and watch TV in anticipation for my session with Ben. The plan was to meet at City Gym, do some posing, train and then Id do an hour of cardio. When we got there, we went and did posing in a dance studio, which only had natural lighting... motherofgod! Im gonna try to replicate it for my pics (coming in 2 days!) because Ive never looked that good in my life haha. Feeling great from this, and a bit knackered lol, it was time to train....

Delts

3 x Smith Machine Seated Overhead Press

3 x Lying Cable Crossover superset Bent Over Raises

3 x Nautilus Lateral Raise superset Nautilus Shoulder Press (30 second rest)

2 x Lateral Raise superset Standing Military Press

This was a really good workout, had a sick time! The lying cable crossover took a bit of getting used to, but after a while my rear delts were feeling some serious action haha. As you can tell by all the supersets, Ben's looking to use volume training to maintain my mass, and so far I think its working really well. The last set of the Nautilus superset was a dropset too, so Im definitely hitting some high reps haha. Crazy pumps as a standard of course lol. The Nautilus stuff was actually the final main exercise, with the lateral raise and military presses just to get a little more blood. Ben calls these "feeler sets" and its impossible to explain without doing them. They arent taking you to your limit by any means, but they really feel like youre just polishing off any damage that hasnt quite been done yet.

Abs

3 x Ab Crunch Machine

3 x Hanging Leg Raise w/ Twist

Not a lot to say for abs really. Just focusing on feeling it in all the right places and just ensuring that I maintain some good control and activation in my core.

Overall

After all this (the posing was about 30 mins, and pretty fuking tiring!), I had to pump out an hour of cardio. I scrambled around my bag but had forgotten to bring my iPod. No dramas, just meant focus was gonna be tested. So for the first 30 mins I just watched the rugby that was on TV, but my focus and drive kicked in for the final 30. I mustve looked like a nutcase, because I was just muttering to myself the whole time lol. I kept saying "This is your show", "No ones gonna beat you", "This is your motherfu.cking show!" lol! I was so fired up haha, picturing myself holding the trophy, and just lots other imagery about the win. I know it sounds weird, but when I decided I was gonna win, a fire just lit in my mind... Ive never been this focused or driven.

Pics in 2 days lol, keen to try some outdoor natural lighting shots! The lighting Ive been using so far is horrendous, no detail whatsoever, so hopefully Ill be able to impress some of you guys out there with this new lighting revelation
    Last edited by jiveinhere; 08-22-2011 at 02:11 AM.

haha love the mindset man. sometimes we just gotta do what we do and not give a single fuk. i know for me i know people are giving me nasty looks when i do hiit, but fuk em

Hamstrings & Traps

So today I had the morning off, then uni till 3. I had a lab in which my bodyfat, resting heart rate, and all that kinda stuff was measured. My bodyfat was put at about 5.5% (I measured it on a number of different calculators and that was the average mark). Im down to 79kgs now, so Im happy to hear that if Im light, at least Im diced :P My resting heart rate was 52, and when we did a 3 minute step test, everyone else got heart rates of about 120-140..... mine was 72!! Lol Im getting fit! Anyway, after this lab, we had another down at the UniGym. This was pretty chullin and we basically spent half the time going over basic compound lifts like deads, squats, etc. and the second half teaching the girls how to do it (they had spent the first half doing things like Lat Pulldown). This was pretty good fun, and a lot less frustrating than I had pictured the lab was going to be haha. Anyway, after all this... it was time to get some shiit done!

Hamstrings

3 x Stiff Legged Deadlift

3 x Elevated Leg Curls

3 x Standing Leg Curls

2 x Seated Leg Curls

1 x Seated Leg Curl TRIPLE DROPSET superset Walking Lunges

Holy moly... Can you say volume?! This workout was full on, and although I could barely walk at the end (literally), I felt amazing! Im really starting to enjoy the high volume style of training we're doing atm as I come to terms with the philosophy behind it. Im getting much more control of the muscles and building endurance and the feeling of each individual muscle group. Its hard to explain, but it makes a world of difference with posing! Everything in this workout was done super slow and controlled, with slow negatives and holds at the point of contraction. I separated the final set of seated leg curls because that **** was another thing all together!! I was in fuking agony by the end, and I ended up lying on the ground, in the middle of a packed gym lol.

Traps

3 x Barbell Shrugs

2 x Machine Barbell Shrugs Face Backwards superset Face Forward superset Farmer's Walk w/ 20kg plates

Not a lot to say, pretty nuts pump but thats really all we're looking for with this. I was thinking about getting into relaxed pose whilst I did the shrugs, with helped in regards to form. The farmers walk superset was once again a struggle, but a good challenge. Im starting to enjoy that haha.

Overall

Feeling good today. No hunger, a bit tired in the morning, but generally pretty energetic. 30 mins cardio post workout was fine, nothing too special, except some bird that was checking the shiit out of me once I wiped my face with my shirt, showing my abs lmao. Feelsgoodman I guess, but to be honest, atm Im not even thinking about picking up anymore. Im craving food more than sex right now haha. Not gonna say no, but yeah, its not at the forefront of my mind by any means. Good test of focus though whilst Im trying to do cardio lol.

Pics will be posted tomorrow guys!! Cant wait to take them, hopefully theyll look as good as City Gym yesterday lol. I need to try to figure out why my pics are going blurry when I try to resize it on imgur. Any tips you computer geeks out there???
    Last edited by jiveinhere; 08-22-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Have to remember your 18 sometimes, noticing chicks checking you out haha Slightly jelly wish I had that sort of physique when I was younger, would have run amock a lot more!

With your pics, I resize mine in mspaint first, if your on a PC go start - run - type in mspaint, press ok. Resize and save through there, then upload straight to your hosting service. They really need a decent guide on this site on how to do that.