Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000)

Jiveinhere's Journey to the Stage

Hi guys, my name is Stefan. Basically, I want to compete more than anything in the world at the moment. The plan is to do 2 shows this September, the INBA Lifestyle Classic and the INBA NSW State Titles (in which I'll go up against Webber91 lol). I am 8 weeks out right now, and was basically inspired by Kyle's thread and decided I wanted a place to rant about myself every now and again to those who are interested haha. Hopefully I'll keep this going through to next year, because my aim is to use this year as a chance to get stage experience, then once my physique has developed and improved, I'm going to win.

I turned 18 in January so can actually compete in the INBA teenage division for the next 3 years, so the plan is to dominate once I've improved my weaknesses and learnt how to compete (so to speak)

My current stats are:

Weight: 85kg
    Height: 6'1
    Bodyfat: ~9%

Strengths: Chest, shoulder girdle, abs
    Weaknesses: Legs (all aspects), shoulders

some recent pics:

(note: I dont hit my RLS like that anymore, but I dont have any more recent pics of the more conventional style)

Will try to update as regularly as I can, hopefully with a few training logs, a la Kyle's journal haha
    "Dont rush to get grown, drive slow homie"

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Aussies are starting to run these forums

Looking beastly for 18 mate!

Looking forward to your changes over the next 8 weeks, those legs should start to dial in soon. How many weeks have you been prepping so far?

jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks man

I'm about 3.5 weeks into dieting at this point. I'm a bit leaner than in these pics, but yeah, I'm hoping that even though I dont have a lot of size in my legs, I can get some good separation and that can pull me through this year. Surprisingly they've actually grown a lot over the last few months, but like I said in OP, gonna bring them right up for next year

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    AWWWWWSHIIEEETTT!

Business just got phucking real

Will be following bro. Seriously though, you are going to freakin' dominate teens in 2013! mind=blown.

first entry here goes...

Hams and Traps

To kick things off, I hit my major weakpoint! Was feeling really motivated to smash out a huge sesh today, but had to go just before uni, which meant training on only 1 meal. As such, I felt a little flat and bloated from the egg whites, but said to myself that I had to smash out some serious sets if I wanted to belong on that stage...

Hams

Elevated Leg Curls x 3

Stiff Legged Deadlift x 4

Seated Leg Curl x 3 (2 heavy and 1 rep out @ 60%)

Feeling absolutely dead after stiff legs, and then murdering myself on the rep out set I was struggling to keep going for traps. I dont put a lot of emphasis on traps as I want to highlight my shoulder width and delts by keeping my traps somewhat subdued. This means I only really train them in order to stimulate a bit of growth, but mainly to keep them activated (as my new split no longer includes deadlifts)

Traps

Octagonal bar shrugs x 3

Because this isnt a lot of trap work at all, I go extremely hard out in order to make it worth my time. I actually motivated myself before the last set by saying "They're not gonna beat you from behind. They're not..." and visualising the thickness in my RDB this would hopefully promote!

I spent the rest of the day limping around uni like a fool because my hams were so sore!

Back and Tris

After a much needed rest day yesterday, I had a fuuarking huge sesh today Had to wake up at 5.30am to do coaching, and then had a full day of uni until 3.30. But dont fear, I managed to get all my meals in still haha. Anyway, in my last lecture, I spoke to a few friends of mine, and 2 said they wanted to come train with me today. At first I was hesitant, but I thought "fuk it, theyre not gonna hold me back" and I knew one of them would really push me to my limits. I wasnt wrong....

Back

3 x Wide grip pull-ups max (60 seconds rest)

3 x Isolateral Hammer Row

3 x Underhand Row machine

3 x Cable Row

At the end of this I was well and truly fuked. I focused on really slow and controlled contractions on the rows, thinking about my transition into Rear Lat Spread, and really trying to get my christmas tree visible. This meant that my form was very good, and with the added motivation of my mates calling me a "*******" and saying things like "Kyle's working harder than this, you still wanna beat him?" I pushed myself to the point at which i could hardly stand up. My head was spinning and my back was swollen with blood beyond belief! But no time to rest.... onto triceps!!

Triceps

3 x Skullcrushers

3 x Dips (between benches)

This was one of the biggest tricep sessions ive ever had. Looking at that write up, I'm sure you're thinking that it certainly doesnt look like it. Well, first things first.... skullcrushers. Form was absolutely spot on, felt like my upper arm was in a cast I kept it so firmly in position Really focusing on the squeeze at lock-out and slowly lowering to my head, and then smashing up hard. Shiit was intense, and heavy from the start. No fuking around with pussy weights. Next was dips. The plan at first was to do bodyweight dips to failure with 60 second rest, much the same as pull-ups. But there was someone in the parallel bars, and with 3 dudes, we could hardly work in. So I decided we'd do between bench dips. I started with 3 plates (60kg) on my lap for the first 2 sets, but that was too light so I decided we'd throw 4 (80kg) on! I got 8 reps out, then dropped 2 plates off and repped out again, then another plate off, and then bodyweight, repping out each time. I don't how many I got in the dropsets as my head was spinning too much haha

After about 10 mins of recovery, we decided to do some posing in the middle of the relatively busy gym lol. So shirts came off, and abs came out. I was happy with how I looked, so I can't wait to take some more pics next Tuesday and post them up for everyone

I have my cheat meal tonight... sausage pasta (spicy italian sausages and creamy tomato sauce in gluten free pasta) in less than an hour If i get it right, I should be leaner tomorrow morning! I'll let you know in tomorrow's blog... Stay tuned for QUADS and CALVES!!!
    Last edited by jiveinhere; 07-27-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000)
    Would kill for your chest and tris. Wish I hadn't of wasted my years and gotten as serious as you are at 18.

You'll kill the competition. Subbed.

Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jiveinhere View Post

Back and Tris

After a much needed rest day yesterday, I had a fuuarking huge sesh today Had to wake up at 5.30am to do coaching, and then had a full day of uni until 3.30. But dont fear, I managed to get all my meals in still haha. Anyway, in my last lecture, I spoke to a few friends of mine, and 2 said they wanted to come train with me today. At first I was hesitant, but I thought "fuk it, theyre not gonna hold me back" and I knew one of them would really push me to my limits. I wasnt wrong....

Back

3 x Wide grip pull-ups max (60 seconds rest)

3 x Isolateral Hammer Row

3 x Underhand Row machine

3 x Cable Row

At the end of this I was well and truly fuked. I focused on really slow and controlled contractions on the rows, thinking about my transition into Rear Lat Spread, and really trying to get my christmas tree visible. This meant that my form was very good, and with the added motivation of my mates calling me a "*******" and saying things like "Kyle's working harder than this, you still wanna beat him?" I pushed myself to the point at which i could hardly stand up. My head was spinning and my back was swollen with blood beyond belief! But no time to rest.... onto triceps!!

Triceps

3 x Skullcrushers

3 x Dips (between benches)

This was one of the biggest tricep sessions ive ever had. Looking at that write up, I'm sure you're thinking that it certainly doesnt look like it. Well, first things first.... skullcrushers. Form was absolutely spot on, felt like my upper arm was in a cast I kept it so firmly in position Really focusing on the squeeze at lock-out and slowly lowering to my head, and then smashing up hard. Shiit was intense, and heavy from the start. No fuking around with pussy weights. Next was dips. The plan at first was to do bodyweight dips to failure with 60 second rest, much the same as pull-ups. But there was someone in the parallel bars, and with 3 dudes, we could hardly work in. So I decided we'd do between bench dips. I started with 3 plates (60kg) on my lap for the first 2 sets, but that was too light so I decided we'd throw 4 (80kg) on! I got 8 reps out, then dropped 2 plates off and repped out again, then another plate off, and then bodyweight, repping out each time. I don't how many I got in the dropsets as my head was spinning too much haha

After about 10 mins of recovery, we decided to do some posing in the middle of the relatively busy gym lol. So shirts came off, and abs came out. I was happy with how I looked, so I can't wait to take some more pics next Tuesday and post them up for everyone

I have my cheat meal tonight... sausage pasta (spicy italian sausages and creamy tomato sauce in gluten free pasta) in less than an hour If i get it right, I should be leaner tomorrow morning! I'll let you know in tomorrow's blog... Stay tuned for QUADS and CALVES!!!
    Thats what the mirrors are for. Pose downs. **** everybody else.
    There should be a picture of Dexter Jackson on the IFBB mandate.

Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jiveinhere View Post
    "Kyle's working harder than this, you still wanna beat him?
    Working harder than you could ever imagine bro

Man, this is turning out to be like Arnold vs Ferrigno lol

Originally Posted by Brosevski View Post
    Would kill for your chest and tris. Wish I hadn't of wasted my years and gotten as serious as you are at 18.

You'll kill the competition. Subbed.
    thanks so much man still a long way to go though!!

Originally Posted by Spartacus81 View Post
    Thats what the mirrors are for. Pose downs. **** everybody else.
    fuk yeah brah! why be self conscious when you can be improving

Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    Working harder than you could ever imagine bro

Man, this is turning out to be like Arnold vs Ferrigno lol
    lol it truly is, getting a bit silly in some ways but im loving it!

seriously though, my mate is well aware of our little battle and is enjoying having digs at me about it haha

bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    subbed . i'll be pushing you harder than before for the gains. the current pics don't do justice either. looking twice as shredded in front of the mirrors tonight. ill be making you scream ******* :P

Originally Posted by bigben1990 View Post
    subbed . i'll be pushing you harder than before for the gains. the current pics don't do justice either. looking twice as shredded in front of the mirrors tonight. ill be making you scream ******* :P

Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigben1990 View Post
    so this is the legend that's been calling OP a ******* in the gym? hahahaha good job

Quads and Calves

Holy cow... After another monster day of uni, non stop from 9-5, eating meals as I walked between lectures and labs, me and my 2 friends from yesterday made our way to the gym for what I knew would be an epic workout. My mate (bigben1990 or Ben as we like to call him lol) knows this is my weak-point so he decided he was gonna push me to my limit. I can't thank him enough for it, although I'm worried about us looking like complete fools tomorrow as we stumble around uni hahaha

Quads

Leg Extension superset Smith Machine Squats x 3

Leg Press x 3

Let me start by saying, my write-ups are tres misleading haha, this was far from easy. For the smith machine squats, I was not going particularly heavy, but I had to do 20 reps, going as deep as possible and then coming up without locking out in order to maintain tension. On the second set, I collapsed after 17, but after regaining control of my legs (about 30 seconds) I got my ass back under the bar and drilled out another 3 reps. Still another set to go.... after somehow finishing my leg extensions, I limped over to the smith machine and started. After the first 10 reps, the reps came one at a time. Each was a battle in itself, ensuring not to lockout as I wanted to maintain that tension, as fuking distraught as my quads were. After being a bit of a moody bitch and yelling at one of my friends when he reached for the bar intending to spot me (sorry brah, its just the lack of carbs :P) I managed to finally smash out the last few reps. But then we still had to do leg press.... This was relatively straight forward, other than the odd scream of pain, or high pitched yelp lol, this was just a case of brutal intensity and finishing off what we started. Ben pushed me to my absolute limit with this, and I cant thank him enough for it! Even though it left me with my head spinning and the urge to puke in the forefront of my mind....

Calves

Leg Press Calf Raise x 3

Bodyweight Calf Raise (100 reps) x 2

Walking Calf Raises x 2 laps of the gym

After an amazing quad workout, we knew we just had to smash calves and that was it! Basically just ensuring that I was getting the most out of every set as I could and I was happy. Although at the very end, Ben asked if we could throw in a set of walking calf raises, something that I'd got him to do before, and although you look like a total fool, works a treat!

I feel absolutely dead, my head is still throbbing, but I've never been happier. This is what it's all about. I took a picture today for ya'll, although I still dont think it does my current conditioning justice, so I'm gonna take some more proper ones next week, once my legs have lost some of the water they're about to retain!

lol as predicted, legs are DOMSing hard this morning! uni's gonna be hilarious me and ben hobbling around to and from lectures and tutes haha

tomorrow will be horrendous....

Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozart has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    18?
    fukkin 18? shiiit, lookin swole brah!

lol at your range of posing faces...
    fukn Brozart
    I'm a hugger

Delts and Abs

Delts

3 x Reverse Shoulder Press Machine

3 x Seated Lateral Raise + Front Raise + Overhead Press Superset

This was hard. Not just for the intensity at which I'm training, but also because today I felt completely drained. Just shattered lol. But still the workout had to go on, and my training partner successfully pushed me to the point where my delts felt like they were about to explode. The seated shoulder press machine has never experienced such intensity in its short career We absolutely smashed it, failing, then drilling out the remaining reps. After which, the lateral-front-overhead superset became almost impossible. I was in agony, but every rep was spot on, and pushed me closer to my limit. At the end, I went to shake someone's hand that just walked in, but I couldnt get my arm high enough because of my delt fatigue!

Abs

3 x Ab Crunch Machine

3 x Captains Chair, with twist

I'm not a huge fan of ab training, but I still pushed myself here. I really focused on controlling the negative on the ab machine and stretching out the ab wall. Otherwise, pretty stock-standard ab sesh.

Today I'm feeling the effect of my lack of carbs. In zombie mode for sure. I finish Hydroxycut tomorrow, and start D-Fine8 on the following day haha. Fuuark, keen to see if it cuts me up like I've heard it will!! New pics coming on Tuesday stay tuned...

Rokillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

GDJM, keep it up
    Sup

Chest and Bi's

Phwooarrr what a workout!! I'm absolutely knackered trying to write this haha. I started off at my friend/coach's house with posing practice. This was actually a much more grueling session than usual, going for about 30 or 45 mins straight! I was wrecked by the end, but recovered during the de-brief, had a serve of D-Fine8, and made my way over to the gym!

Chest

3 x Flat DB Press

3 x Hammer Machine Press

4 x Pec Dec superset Pushups to failure

This was a good and bad chest workout to be honest. I was happy with the pump I got and did everything I needed to, but I was disappointed because on the final set of flat DB press, I went for a PB, but nobody that actually lifted was at the gym, so I had to ask a dude who later explained to me that I should use less weight to get more toned (srs) for a spot :| So I pick up the 48s (105lbs), sit them on my knees, fire up and lay back. I smashed out 4 good reps, feeling great, but just couldnt get anymore. Was hoping to hit 6-8 reps to be honest, so I had to grab something else and turn it into a dropset. That put a bit of a dampener on the workout for me, but I was happy I at least got a few with them I suppose.

Biceps

3 x Cable Curls

3 x Seated Alternating DB Curls

I like to go all out on biceps, because I dont really do a lot for them. I figure, they arent a big muscle group, but might as well destroy them! So yeah, this was fun. Got a good pump on the cable curls and then sat down for some serious shiit. Form was stricter than a catholic school master. I drilled out every rep until my arms were in agony! And felt a million bucks at the end haha. Gotta love a bicep and chest pump...

Feeling pretty flat and depleted at the moment. Just finished Hydroxycut and have now started on D-Fine8. Will be interesting to see how it goes, I've heard a lot of good things, but I know that it will do jackshiit unless my diet is spot on. And up to now, it has been. No fuking letting up now. I will place this year. Mark my fuking words, I am going to place...

New pics in 2 days fellas! Stay tuned

How did you go with Hydroxycut? I've never been a fat burner fan to be honest, but was it good for your energy? I don't feel anything from caffeine any more so I just don't bother haha.

Let me know how you go with this D-Fine8 stuff, if you find it legit I might start stocking it

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Doing some work in here young fella

What are your macros at currently?

Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    How did you go with Hydroxycut? I've never been a fat burner fan to be honest, but was it good for your energy? I don't feel anything from caffeine any more so I just don't bother haha.

Let me know how you go with this D-Fine8 stuff, if you find it legit I might start stocking it
    yeah I dunno man, I liked Hydroxycut for the energy... close to 1000mg caffeine per day!! But it didnt do anything mindblowing. Im maybe a touch leaner than I would be after 4.5 weeks of dieting without it I guess. I suppose I forget how bulky/chubby I was before though sometimes haha. In regards to the D-Fine8, Ive heard a lot of good things, but like you, I'm hesitant when it comes to fat burners. I just like the peace of mind in knowing I have something to help me out along with the diet and cardio

Originally Posted by domingochavez View Post
    Doing some work in here young fella

What are your macros at currently?
    Cheers man Im having about 250g protein, 145g carbs and 41.5g fat atm. I think that ends up being about 2k cals.... Shiits intense! lol

Just a quick update today, sorry guys. But yeah heres a cheeky leg pic! They may be small, but I can still get them shredded!!

Like I promised, a whole set of pics coming in tomorrows blog

andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bro, I am IN on this fo SHIZZ! Can't believe I missed it!
    - <30 weeks out with 3DMJ & -Berto- to the 2014 Victorian INBA Victorian Titles.

- Also, join my log on ********: http://www.********.com/AndysNaturalJourney

Originally Posted by andyboi View Post
    Bro, I am IN on this fo SHIZZ! Can't believe I missed it!
    sick man!! youre just in time too haha

alright guys, as promised... n0000000dz!!!

all pics are from today. yes, i stripped off in the gym....

Looking good mate!

Practice that rear relaxed though, looks a bit strange with your arm placement, maybe the photo was taken half way between striking?

Originally Posted by domingochavez View Post
    Looking good mate!

Practice that rear relaxed though, looks a bit strange with your arm placement, maybe the photo was taken half way between striking?
    yeah I'm not totally sure, but they look like they need to go higher. I'll sort it out But im happy with middle/lower back thickness there

Massive changes from last time bro!

Jelly of dem upper body aestheticz

andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Back thickness FTW! Definitely do look leaner and held on to all dat der muscle. If I was as lean as you, I wouldn't have any qualms about stripping off in the gym! ahha Looks pretty empty, though.
    - <30 weeks out with 3DMJ & -Berto- to the 2014 Victorian INBA Victorian Titles.

- Also, join my log on ********: http://www.********.com/AndysNaturalJourney