Closed Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45
Results 1,321 to 1,339 of 1339
    HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 66jzmstr View Post
    Glad to see the update, Chad!

Keep up dat dere bulk! You've already proven to all (and more importantly, to yourself) that you can cut with the best of 'em, so when your bulk ends, you'll do just fine (and probably not have to cut as much as you think).
    Thanks man. I don't feel abnormally fat or anything like that. I think I look better a little more filled out, especially in nice clothes.
    Originally Posted by kwebbers View Post
    happy to see you posting in your log again!

sorry about your loss, though hope you're doing well

and nice DL post...
    Oh hi der. Nice Avi.

Now I see what Erick meant in the "Who would you ban..."
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why would you ban kwebbers she's so nice?
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    aw ya'll are makin me blush........

Training/Food/Recipe log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135443421

other recipe logs:
    'Cooking on Keto'
    (Part I) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132899693
    (Part II) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132982263

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Even I would ban kwebbers.

waitwut

HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dat update time.

Shifting focus...

This morning weighed in at 190lbs. I feel that I'm probably the same (or less) BF% I was before my last cut started 7-8 months ago, yet I'm about 10lbs heavier. Obviously this bulk has gone a little fast (re: 163 depleted -> 190 morning weight in about 3 1/2 months == 2lbs per week. However my true starting weight was probably 170lbs un-depleted meaning a true gain of 20lbs overall.)

Still nearly a fulk with no impressive jumps on my lifts. I've decided to go into a mini-cut (how mini depends on a few things).

The main change of focus for me is in my training. Aesthetics are more or less irrelevant to me (srs). I've decided to take a more powerlifting/strength training/conditioning focus. General plan right now is to do the Starting Strength routine until I stall on the majority of my lifts (I suspect it will probably be quick) and then go into 5/3/1 after (or similar routine).

The more specific plan and goal for myself is to not touch a muscle/bodypart/hypertrophy split until I can bench 4 plates, squat 6 plates and pull 8 plates.

As for the diet aspect, I plan on cutting until more or less comfortable with my BF% or an absolute minimum weight of about 175lbs. Not so much focused on weight gain or loss; more so focused on the strength gaining aspect. Diet will vary depending on where my weight is. I will probably continue on like I am doing - cut down until comfortable BF% or 175 minimum and then bulk back until BF% is uncomfortable and then cut down.. etc..

Cliffs:

- Switching into a minicut.
    - Disregarding aesthetic routines and beginning strength routines.
    - Diet will vary with gym progression and how comfortable I'm feeling (I think I've proved I'm no "scared" of putting on some fluff for gains).

Starting my first new gym routine today. Will answer questions and comments when I get back. Thanks for tuning in.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HunterCML View Post
    Dat update time.

Shifting focus...

This morning weighed in at 190lbs. I feel that I'm probably the same (or less) BF% I was before my last cut started 7-8 months ago, yet I'm about 10lbs heavier. Obviously this bulk has gone a little fast (re: 163 depleted -> 190 morning weight in about 3 1/2 months == 2lbs per week. However my true starting weight was probably 170lbs un-depleted meaning a true gain of 20lbs overall.)

Still nearly a fulk with no impressive jumps on my lifts. I've decided to go into a mini-cut (how mini depends on a few things).

The main change of focus for me is in my training. Aesthetics are more or less irrelevant to me (srs). I've decided to take a more powerlifting/strength training/conditioning focus. General plan right now is to do the Starting Strength routine until I stall on the majority of my lifts (I suspect it will probably be quick) and then go into 5/3/1 after (or similar routine).

The more specific plan and goal for myself is to not touch a muscle/bodypart/hypertrophy split until I can bench 4 plates, squat 6 plates and pull 8 plates.

As for the diet aspect, I plan on cutting until more or less comfortable with my BF% or an absolute minimum weight of about 175lbs. Not so much focused on weight gain or loss; more so focused on the strength gaining aspect. Diet will vary depending on where my weight is. I will probably continue on like I am doing - cut down until comfortable BF% or 175 minimum and then bulk back until BF% is uncomfortable and then cut down.. etc..

Cliffs:

- Switching into a minicut.
    - Disregarding aesthetic routines and beginning strength routines.
    - Diet will vary with gym progression and how comfortable I'm feeling (I think I've proved I'm no "scared" of putting on some fluff for gains).

Starting my first new gym routine today. Will answer questions and comments when I get back. Thanks for tuning in.
    Wow my identical brother from across the globe, same thing going on for me, I weighed in yesterday at 183lbs, going from 163 to 183 in 3 months, but like you i'd say my true starting weight was 170lbs after filling back in. Gonna start my mini cut a little bit after you, plan to start on Oct 25th, like you I didn't gain the strength I wanted too during my bulk and I plan to go back to SS after my 2 month mini cut with plans on getting the strength up. Good goals all around. Gotta get dat dere strength up before we focus on more hypertrophy style splits, hope you kill it in the gym, I got same laundry to do / time to kill and I'm going in , gotta go light though, pt test on Wednesday.

As always enjoy the update ! It's nice to see people out there who are in the struggle, a lot of new people come to these message boards and see all these aesthetic people posting about how much ice cream or pop tarts they eat in a day , and not a single ****s were givin, and get discouraged after a few months of trying to do everything right and not even looking close to the majority that post here. It's always nice to see a log that we all make some mistakes and were trying to be the best we can possibly be , and that it is a marathon and not a sprint. I wish there was a way to direct new people to this log .
    U.S Army Soldier
    #23 Ranked Competitive Eater with Major League Eating
    Dallas Cowboys | Charlotte Bobcats
    Future WWE Champion -Lance Storm Wrestling Academy in Sept 2014

JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck with the new goals man. I agree in getting the strength up. There's nothing like the feeling of getting into the gym and throwing around heavier weights.
    Like success, failure is many things to many people. With a positive mental attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again. - W. Clement Stone

BTK: It's Mind Over Matter

Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glad to have an update. GL with the new goals!

Thanks guys. Already done my workout.. lol.

Seems so wrong to do 3 lifts and call it a day. Feels really wrong. However, if there is one thing I've learned over the past few months lifting; it's that I take effective routines and muddle them up with my own crap. It's recommended not to do accessory work for the first month, so I'm holding off.

I'm going to try to have faith in the system. =/ It better work.

Also starting as light as you do on SS is annoying. Barely felt like I worked out. The weight will get heavy quickly though. I guess I can write this first week off as somewhat of a deload (something I've never done since I've been training continuously for 8 months).

Low weight really help me practice form, and I'll refuse to go up in weight if I can't keep my form.

Squats ATG. Bench to chest. Neutral spine on deads.

Never done power cleans before.. I'm going to look like an idiot come next workout.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Chad, you can hate me forever for this but you need to overhaul everything and start from scratch.
    It looks to me like you are spinning your wheels much.

Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Chad, you can hate me forever for this but you need to overhaul everything and start from scratch.
    It looks to me like you are spinning your wheels much.
    I agree and disagree.

In terms of gains, I've seem some decent LBM gains; but strength gains have been terrible since forever.

Which is why I'm doing a strength routine - I though that was more or less "overhauling everything" and starting from scratch.

What do you mean specifically though?
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

I agree and disagree.

In terms of gains, I've seem some decent LBM gains; but strength gains have been terrible since forever.

Which is why I'm doing a strength routine - I though that was more or less "overhauling everything" and starting from scratch.

What do you mean specifically though?
    I mean these fulking-starving cycles.

I mean these fulking-starving cycles.
    ................................................. lolque?

The only reason I fulked is because certain people on this forum pushed me into eating caloric amounts way beyond what I was burning.

I don't starve myself. I did a PSMF once which I regret, but right now I'm cutting at 2,800 calories.. So.. yeah - no.

In the past 8 months:

- I've put on about 8-10lbs of muscle.
    - My squat went from 135 above parallel to 270ATG.
    - My dead lift went from 135 with broken back form to a much better looking 335.

So as for as completely "spinning wheels", I disagree again.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

summer recomp/maintenance 66jzmstr's Avatar
    66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ................................................. lolque?

The only reason I fulked is because certain people on this forum pushed me into eating caloric amounts way beyond what I was burning.

I don't starve myself. I did a PSMF once which I regret, but right now I'm cutting at 2,800 calories.. So.. yeah - no.

In the past 8 months:

- I've put on about 8-10lbs of muscle.
    - My squat went from 135 above parallel to 270ATG.
    - My dead lift went from 135 with broken back form to a much better looking 335.

So as for as completely "spinning wheels", I disagree again.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to HunterCML again.
    Diligence, patience, persistence.

Two months is not enough time to interrupt a bulk. You are preventing your optimal gains this way.
    Certain people, I guess you mean Paul, might have been pushing you but you should have seen how much weight you are gaining.
    Ultimately, you do what you think is best.

Two months is not enough time to interrupt a bulk. You are preventing your optimal gains this way.
    Certain people, I guess you mean Paul, might have been pushing you but you should have seen how much weight you are gaining.
    I am.

I bulked over 3 months btw (did you read what I wrote in my update?).

Also, not to throw around personal circumstances, but someone here got off a diet and went on vacation and immediately came back to start cutting again. And I'm the one restricting gains? Please spare me that talk.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Glad to read this Julia as I'm 2 months in and thinking of going back to cutting. Wish you were in my log
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

I am.

I bulked over 3 months btw (did you read what I wrote in my update?).

Also, not to throw around personal circumstances, but someone here got off a diet and went on vacation and immediately came back to start cutting again. And I'm the one restricting gains? Please spare me that talk.
    LOL, I did two successful bulks before (each over six months) and in a couple of weeks I am going to start a year long bulk.
    I crashed from being contest lean and gained too much water/fat from a complete hormonal fuk up. Don't even bring my situation here. Just don't.
    I couldn't zip up my pants ffs. I went from 115 pounds to 133 in a matter of three weeks.

I had to take prescription diuretics when I was on my vacation,.
    You have no clue what happened to me.

Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Leprechauns1021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've decided to go into a mini-cut (how mini depends on a few things).

Aesthetics are more or less irrelevant to me (srs). I've decided to take a more powerlifting/strength training/conditioning focus.

As for the diet aspect, I plan on cutting until more or less comfortable with my BF% or an absolute minimum weight of about 175lbs. Not so much focused on weight gain or loss; more so focused on the strength gaining aspect.
    I am genuinely confused. So lemme get this straight:

-you are NOT concerned with how you look, but just want to get stronger
    -you are cutting because you aren't comfortable with bodyfat %

Wat? If your main focus is strength gains and you dont care about aesthetics...why are you cutting? Sense, it makes none. And you haven't been bulking long brah..I understand you were probably eating more than you should have, but if thats the case, scale it back a little but still stay in a surplus so you can still gain size+strength. Are you really about to cut because of a 3 month bulk? Dudebrah..stick.to.a.plan.
    Transformation Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145176171