Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The Life of a Distracted Gym Rat & Returning to Dedication

Hello,

My name is Dan. I've haven't posted here in awhile but always find myself lurking here whenever I feel the need to update my supplement awareness with new products and whatnot. I also come here to get inspiration to keep myself training when I feel I've lost my dedication or even my direction in the gym. I guess the reason why I'm starting a workout journal is to have a consistent place where I can log my daily efforts. With this being my constant, I think I can get back on the right track and maybe even compete, which is a thought that is always somewhere in the back of my mind. I don't care if anyone reads this or not, the idea is to find a place to be my constant. If I have a place where I can come report at the end of each night I think that I will do a better job keeping my priorities straight. And who knows? Maybe along the way I will get some helpful information from potential readers to assist me in my journey. At 23 years old, I still have age on my side... but its time for a transformation and some serious commitment.

Current stats 7/18/2011
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 230
    Type: Mesomorph
    BF%: Not sure, but pretty lean

Photos (2009 and Now)

First picture I had a great physique... now I tend to focus on athletic performance. You can see my chest and arms a lot smaller. However, before I got hurt last January I was much stronger and hit PR's on bench (425 lbs x 1) and squat (500 lbs x 1).

Here's a "sparknotes" version of my history in weight lifting:

-Started at age 16 for high school baseball
    -By 18/19 I reached 200 lbs. for the first time (naturally)
    -When I was 20 serious commitment and stability in my routine led me to 255 lbs. and had me thinking about competing in bodybuilding competitions.
    -I started playing college baseball and had to change my body to a leaner and less muscular frame. I was hovering around 220-240 lbs. for the last 3 years focusing on strength over my physical appearance.
    -Since January of 2011 I have been hit with two surgeries (left hand/left wrist) and have had very spotty lifting and poor/insufficient dieting.
    -Currently I am recovering from my last surgery (excision of the left hook of the hamate in the hand, performed on 7/13/11) and will be able to start lifting when my stitches come out on July 28th (maybe).

I'm basically in a bit of a limbo when I come back. I wish I could say I was going to be full steam ahead bodybuilding but I still have some baseball left in me. I am going to compete for a free agent contract this December but in the meantime I want to build my body back up. I love bodybuilding and I also love baseball, so usually baseball wins by not allowing me to fully train for bodybuilding competition. However I am about to set out on something new and train 90 days for the Illinois Iron Man bodybuilding competition on November 6, 2011. I am not planning on winning, but with an athletic frame to start with I think I can go there and not embarrass myself. This will be the home of my journey. My diet will be significantly improved from the past year of lazy eating (you know, only when I'm hungry type of eating , we all know thats not how bodybuilders eat!). I need to satisfy both loves in my life. If I come to a time this winter where I am not able to play baseball professionally and need to move on with my life I will be ok to do that. I just need to see what I have left before I pursue bodybuilding 100%.
    Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136492221
    Diet: "Anabolic Diet" by Dr. Mauro DiPasquale
    Training: Baseball/Sports Performance and Hypertrophy/Power

Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First Two Weeks

The first two weeks of my program will go like this (subject to change). I will be two weeks off surgery when I get my stitches out on the 28th, I will probably start this program the week after if I feel up for it. I haven't trained in a bodybuilding split for a long time, but I will be following the principles of an article by Erick Minor that is called "Bodybuilding for Athletes" and some other good routines by Charles Poliquin. I still have to throw abs in there somewhere, probably at the end of each workout. Here's what I have for the first two weeks...

[Week 1 & 2 (Muscle Balance and R.O.M.)]

• Warm-up (Upper Body Days)
    1. 10 minutes elliptical (high resistance start, medium to finish)
    2. Dynamic Upper Body Stretch
    3. Resistance Bands

• Warm-up (Lower Body Days)
    1. 5 minutes stairs (medium difficulty), 5 minutes bike (medium difficulty)
    2. Dynamic Lower Body Stretching

• Abs at the end of each workout
    • Add additional sets if necessary, up diet macros to compensate

Day 1 (Biceps, Triceps)
    “Poliquin’s Three Rep Tri-set System”
    1. Incline DB Curl (2-3 sets, 6 reps) rest 10 seconds
    2. EZ-Bar Curl (2-3 sets, 12 reps) rest 10 seconds
    3. Overhead Cable Curl/Head Squeeze (2-3 sets, 25 reps) rest 2 minutes
    Repeat 2-3 “tri-sets”

1. V-Bar Cable Triceps Extension (2-3 sets, 6 reps) rest 10 seconds
    2. Skull Crushers to Forehead (2-3 sets, 12 reps) rest 10 seconds
    3. DB Kickbacks (2-3 sets, 25 reps) rest 2 minutes
    Repeat 2-3 “tri-sets”

Day 2 (Back Pulls, Shoulder Pulls, Chest Pulls)
    1. Overhead DB Pull (3 sets, 12 reps) rest 60 seconds
    2. Machine Rear Deltoid Fly (4 sets, 12 reps) rest 60 seconds
    3. Lat Pulldown (3 sets, 12 reps) rest 90 seconds
    4. Lateral DB Raise (3 sets, 10 reps) rest 60 seconds
    5. DB Rows (3 sets per side, 10 reps) rest 60 seconds

Day 3 (Legs Pushs)
    1. Squats (4 sets, 8-10 reps) 40-50% max, rest 2-4 minutes
    2. Leg Press (4 sets, 12 reps) rest 90-120 seconds
    3. DB Lunges (3 sets, 12 reps per side) rest 2-3 minutes
    4. Calf Press (12 sets, 20-30 reps) high volume, rest until fresh

Day 4 (Chest Pushs, Shoulder Pushs, Back Pushs)
    1. Incline DB Press (4 sets, 8 reps) rest 90 seconds
    2. Cable Chest Fly (3 sets, 12 reps) rest 90 seconds
    3. Decline BB Bench Press (4 sets, 8 reps) rest 90 seconds
    4. Arnold Press (4 sets, 10 reps) rest 60-90 seconds
    5. Incline DB Military Press (3 sets, 12 reps) rest 90 seconds

Day 5 (Legs Pulls)
    1. Leg Curls (10 sets, 3 reps), stretch quads, repeat
    2. RDL with Barbell (4 sets, 8-10 reps), stretch quads, rest 90 seconds
    3. Good Mornings (3 sets, 12 reps), stretch quads, rest 90-120 seconds
    4. Calf Press (3 sets, 30 reps) low volume, rest 60 seconds

Day 6 (Auxiliary Upper Body Lifts)
     Anything that doesn’t ache, 10 rep sets
    Last edited by Mr._X; 07-19-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136492221
    Diet: "Anabolic Diet" by Dr. Mauro DiPasquale
    Training: Baseball/Sports Performance and Hypertrophy/Power

Tentative Wk 3-5 plan

I started working ahead on my routing for Week 3-5. Here's what I have so far. The intensity is up in this phase because the first two weeks should be basic enough to get me primed for the more advanced workouts in this progression. This will probably be tweaked a few times before I begin Wk 3 but I like how it looks as a rough draft:

[Week 3,4,5 (Sports Hypertrophy)]
    • Same Pre/Post Workout Protocol as Week 1 & 2

Day 1 (Legs)
    1. BB Squats (6 sets, 8-6-4-4-6-8 reps) rest 3-4 minutes
    2. DB Split Squat (3 sets, 8-8-F) rest 90 seconds
    Superset: Single Leg Curl (3 sets, 8 reps) rest 90 seconds
    3. Leg Press (3 sets, 10-10-F) rest until fresh
    4. Calf Press (12 sets, 20-30 reps) high volume, rest until fresh

Day 2 (Horizontal Push/Pulls)
    1. DB Rows (4 sets, 10 reps) rest 90 seconds
    2. Supine DB Press, Rotating Grip (4 sets, 8 reps) rest 90 seconds
    3. Zottman Curls (3 sets, 8 reps) rest 90 seconds
    4. Side Lying Powell Raise (3 sets, 12 reps) rest 90 seconds
    5. DB Kickbacks (3 sets, 12 reps) rest 90 seconds
    6. Rope Row to Face (3 sets, 12 reps) rest 90 seconds
    7. Decline BB Bench Press (3 sets, 12 reps) rest 90 seconds

Day 3 (Legs)
    1. RDL with Barbell (6 sets, 8-6-4-4-6-8 reps) stretch quads, rest 3-4 minutes
    2. Hack Squats (3 sets, 8-8-F reps) rest 90 seconds
    Superset: Leg Curl (3 sets, 8 reps) rest 90 seconds
    3. Leg Press (3 sets, 10-10-F) rest until fresh
    4. Calf Press (3 sets, 30 reps) low volume, rest 60 seconds

Day 4 (Vertical Push/Pulls)
    1. Chin-up (5 sets, 6 reps) rest 90 seconds
    Superset: Incline DB Press, Neut. To Prone Grip (5 sets, 8-6-6-4-12) 90 sec.
    2. Incline DB Curl (3 sets, 8-8-F) rest 90 seconds
    Superset: Rope Triceps Extension (3 sets, 8-8-F) 90 sec.
    3. Lat Pulldown (3 sets, 8-8-F) rest 90 seconds
    4. Cable Chest Fly (3 sets, 8-8-F) rest 90 seconds
    5. Lateral DB Raise (3 sets, 12 reps) rest 90 seconds

Day 5 (Dumbbell Lifts, Total Body)
     Anything that doesn’t ache, 10 rep sets

Dieting

I've decided to go with Dr. Mauro DiPasquale's "Anabolic Diet" to begin this effort. I will be following the maitenance phase to start out and adjust to either the bulking or cutting phase of this diet depending on the current state of my body. Here's two articles with a great overview on how this diet works:

Part 1: http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=460968
    Part 2: http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459762

There are also a few articles on bodybuilding.com about the same diet. I recommend the one by Hugo Rivera:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hugo5.htm

Below are the results that I got in 30 days (this is no joke and remember that Dr. DiPasquale is not paying for my testimonial)

Before

Weight: 165lbs
    Chest: 45 inches (been there for 1.5 years)
    Arms: 15 inches
    Legs: 24 inches
    Calves: 14.5 inches
    Waist: 34 inches
    After

Weight: 175 lbs (182 over the weekends when carbs were high)
    Chest: 48.5 inches
    Arms: 16 inches
    Legs: 26 inches
    Calves: 15.5 inches
    Waist: 32 inches
    Sounds pretty awesome right? Can't wait to try it as it's certainly a diet based on theory that I've never followed or heard of before in my life.

Anabolic Diet Overview

Here's a little write-up I did for myself on how I will be following the diet:

“The Anabolic Diet”
    Dr. Mauro DiPasquale

 naturally maximize production and utilization of the "Big Three" growth producers — testosterone, growth hormone, and insulin
     shift the body's metabolism from that of a sugar-burning, fat-producing machine to that of a fat-burning, muscle-building machine
     decrease catabolic activity in the body
     increase strength and endurance
     help you avoid health problems and stay in shape year round
     increase energy and decrease mood swings
     decrease even "problem area" fat

Maintenance Phase
    • Calories should be at 18 x current bodyweight (remember to adjust with gains)
    • Ex. 230 lbs. x 18 = 4,140 calories/day
    • 60% fat calories, 35% protein calories, 5% carb calories (during week, 5 days)
    • Eat every 2-3 hours while awake
    • Carbs need to be 30-50 grams or lower during the week
    • Red meat is crucial, don’t eat starchy vegetables
    • Excess protein converts to glucose, do not go over
    • 30% fat, 10% protein, 60% carbs (during weekend, 2 days)
    • Almost anything goes, this will replenish glycogen in the muscle for the next week
    • Supplement fish oil (10g minimum) and fiber everyday… add these to your macronutrient count!

Cutting Phase
    • Lower caloric intake to 1,500 calories (maybe slightly higher depending on results)
    • 60% fat calories, 35% protein calories, 5% carb calories (during week, 5 days)
    • Same ratios and principles as maintenance eat less!
    • Lose 2 lbs. a week. Any more weight loss is indication of muscle loss!
    • +/- weekly calories by 500-1,000 a week until 2 lbs. a week are lost
    • Supplement fish oil (10g minimum) and fiber everyday… add these to your macronutrient count!

Bulking Phase
    • Find ideal bodyweight (6’2”, 240 lbs, cut)
    • Shoot to bulk 15% over ideal body weight (276 lbs.)
    • Eat 20-25 calories x 276 lbs. per day (5,520-6,900 calories/day)
    • Stop bulking when you hit 10% body fat or +15% ideal body weight

Notes
     Eating high fat, high protein red meats is crucial (ground beef, steak, bacon, eggs)
     Avoid sugars entirely
     Use a post workout shake with low carbohydrate content
     Sunday-Thursday will be low carb.
     Friday and Saturday will be high carb.
     Use fiber supplements and fish oils
     Even at maintenance phase should notice increased muscle and decreased fat
    I will probably not be reaching 276 lbs. but it is a useful tool for calculating my macros for the bulking phase. I may end up staying on the maitenance phase as long as I'm still noticing results. I will have my bodyfat measured at the end of one month of this diet to determine which phase to stay in. One of the articles mentions contest prep only taking 2-3 weeks if you are at 10% bodyfat or below, which I find amazing. I may end up being able to do one month for each of the three stages since I will be starting this diet at about 13 weeks out from competition. If I feel I am not ready for competition I will simply pull out and keep doing what is best for my body.

Rehab Workouts

7/31/11

Just a little update. I'm still planning on going full out with this log. I have some post-op pain in my left hand and it pretty much rules out all heavy lifting. The only thing I can do for now is slightly increase the weight (I started with 5 lb. dumbbells last week haha) and hope my pain goes away in 2 weeks like my doctor said it would. I am recovering from the excision of the hook of the hamate in my left hand. Athletes usually return to their sports at 6 weeks with pain usually being less severe by week 4. I am about 2.5 weeks out of my surgery. Just working on range of motion and activating some muscle fibers that have been not used for the better part of this month. I haven't started the Anabolic Diet yet either. That will begin with my first day of "real" lifting.

Update

8/3/11

I've been able to increase my weight to around 20-25 lb. dumbbells on most of my free weight lifts. I realize this is nowhere near my threshold as far as strength goes but I did just have surgery 3 weeks ago to date. This is going to be a hard process for me and I think it's not surprising I decided to drop out of the Iron Man competition. If I am going to do a bodybuilding competition I want to train healthy for it. Also, I'm still involved in baseball so I am dedicating my training entirely to that. I am still going to do a sports/hypertrophy type training regimen, I'm just shooting all out now for baseball performance. I will still be following the Anabolic Diet, so if anyone will begin following me for interest in that diet you will be happy as I am logging it in great detail. I have my workout logs and nutrition logs ready to go, the first week of the program/diet will be the first Sunday I feel painfree. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

I also decided on an Anabolic Diet friendly supplement stack. Here's what I got:

Pre: USP Labs Jack3d/Controlled Labs White Flood (got 1/2 a tub left)
    Intra: Controlled Labs Purple Wraath (tried and true, been using for 4 years now I think?)
    Post: Optimum Nutrition HydroBuilder (carb compliant with my diet)
    Daily: D-Aspartic Acid (will cycle off at some point), Purus Recycle (Hormonal Regulation purposes), Controlled Labs Orange Triad Multi-Vitamin

Carb Loading Days (Fri-Sat): BSN Syntha-6, Cytosport Muscle Milk (have 1/2 full tubs of each)

This is a natty log, no steroids here!! Sorry

The Anabolic Diet Has Begun!

8/8/11

My journey on the Anabolic Diet has begun! I'm very excited to say the least. I am in the second week of my rehab workouts from hand surgery and things are progressing nicely, I have less pain and more strength everyday! I'm still working on muscle imbalances in my left arm, but I will probably be able to start my 12-week training program next week!

Last night I chest pressed 40 lb. dumbbells. This may not seem like much but it was a huge accomplishment for me because I had hand surgery 3.5 weeks ago and any sort of pressing hurt like hell. This weight actually gave me a pump in my chest and I had ZERO pain in my palm. Maybe I'll start hitting up the 130 lb. dumbbells like I did last winter (jk, I don't think I'll press above 80 lbs. because it seems pointless for baseball training and probably added to my two wrist injuries this year.).

I'm trying to hit 4,050 calories in the "maitenence phase" of the Anabolic Diet. 60% fat, 35% protein, 5% carbs or less. I am essentially recomping (burning fat/gaining muscle). I can't wait until my body shifts from sugar burning to fat burning, it will be interesting to see if I get the fabled "high energy" on this diet.

Anyway I'm off to the gym. I'll post my rehabilitation workouts from last week and today soon so the log is up to date. I will also be posting my daily nutritional intake to help people see what this diet is all about. Progress pics will be taken this week for comparison purposes. I want to have a picture for week 1 of my 12 week plan so that I can compare throughout the process. Later.

No Bull**** Bodybuilding greekmanman's Avatar
    greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    interesting, subbed. I follow a CKD and IF as well so this is relevant to my interests.
    Admin @ No Bull**** Bodybuilding: ********.com/nobull****bodybuildingverified

Admin @ No Stress Nutrition

Admin @ Hollywood's Rabid Cage: ********.com/groups/309091175828038/

Live, laugh, love and above all, please stay safe~

FBTK gives you facials.

http://instagram.com/edmaestheticss

Originally Posted by greekmanman View Post
    interesting, subbed. I follow a CKD and IF as well so this is relevant to my interests.
    Repped! Thanks for following!

Anabolic Diet Day #1

Day 1
    Rehabilitation Workout Week 2 Day 1

Weight: 220

The Diet

11:45 AM -- 1 tbsp of butter, 5 slices of turkey bacon, 3 whole eggs w/ half a cup of mexican cheese on top
    1:45 PM -- 1 tbsp of butter, 2 quarter pound chuck burgers
    2:45 PM -- 60 ml skim milk in coffee w/ two splenda
    5-6:30 PM -- workout @ gym (whole body lift) -- 3 scoops White Flood, 2 scoops Modern BCAA (10g BCAA)
    6:45 PM -- beef jerky
    7:00 PM -- bacon angus burger with cheese from McDonald's no bun or ketchup
    7:15 PM -- 2 fiber choice tablets (8g carbs, 4 g fiber)
    8:45 PM -- 8 oz. rotisserie chicken, 2/3 cup broccoli with 2 tbsp*Parmesan*cheese and 1 tbsp butter
    11:30 PM -- 6 slices of (pig) bacon, 2 97% fat free hot dogs, 1 tbsp butter

Daily Totals: 3,302.5 calories, 251 g protein (30%), 237.5 g fat (65%), 33.25 g carbohydrates (4%)

Comments: *Okay, so I woke up a little late but with good reason. *1. I'm on summer break. *2. I was in the gym past midnight the night before. *I took a trip to the store after my workout to pickup real bacon and some fiber tabs. *The butter you see is used in cooking the meat and I mixed in melted butter with the broccoli so the cheese would stick to it. *I didn't hit my macros of 4,050 cals/354g protein/270g fat/25-50g carbs entirely today either, but I did hit the correct percentages, which I was a bit shocked to have done so well on day 1. *I heard that DiPasquale said the diet doesn't work unless you hit 60%+ calories from fat. *Well in that regard, mission accomplished. *Plus I am still rehabbing my surgically repaired hand, so the excess calories may not be necessary yet.

The Workout

Warmup: Elliptical (7 min, Level 7, .93 mi)

Leg Press -- 190 x 15, 210 x 12, 230 x 12, 250 x 8
    Calf Press -- 250 x 15, 270 x 15, 270 x 15, 290 x 15
    DB Hammer Curl -- 36 x 10, 35 x 10, 35 x 10
    Cable Tricep Ext -- 40 x 10, 40 x 10, 40 x 10 (each side)
    Seated DB Shoulder Press -- 30 x 15, 30 x 15, 30 x 15
    Lat Pulldown (cable) -- 100 x 15, 100 x 15, 100 x 15
    Machine Chest Fly -- 90 x 15, 90 x 15, 90 x 15

Comments: *This is an example of the rehabilitation workouts I'm going through to build a base for my body before undergoing my 12 week strength program. *Keep in mind I am lifting extremely light weight in order to get my body going again. *This is the beginning of the second week of these workouts and I had to start with 5 lb. dumbbells just 12 days ago. *I am making progress in pain management in the hand and that will allow me to lift heavier. *I may or may not need a third week of rehab. *I am also working on the imbalance in the size of my left arm which is smaller than my right arm after 3 weeks of not using it. *Last December I hit maxes of 425 bench, 500 squat, and 335 deadlift. *As a baseball player, this was pretty good for me and probably too much on the bench. *Then I got injured in January and have had two surgeries on the same wrist/hand since. *I am finally on the road to recovery after a long 7 months of battling injury. *Please do not judge me on the lightness of my lifts... It's really the best I can do for now. *The night before I was able to chest press 40 lb. dumbbells even though the incision from my last surgery is over my left palm. *I did it all pain free when the 10 lb. dumbbells hurt badly 12 days ago. *This was great news to me and is reason why I started the diet today.

(also I have no idea why there are asterisks all over my post. but I am not going to delete them out of sheer annoyance!)
    Last edited by Mr._X; 08-09-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Woke up at 11 AM again today (d'oh) my biological clock must be messed up!

Anyway, didn't stop me from making breakfast with 5 slices of bacon cooked in butter with 4 whole eggs. *Even using 3 tbsp. of heavy whipping cream in my coffee. *It's weird to eat so much of the foods I've been told to eat sparingly throughout my life. *Lets just say this beats the hell out of my old breakfast -- turkey bacon and egg whites... no fun in that at all. *Anyway today's breakfast was great and even better because I had to use ZERO carbs (yeahhhh budday!).

Today's workout is a sprinting program and a long toss program. *If I eat enough I may even hit the weights later tonight! *I love this diet!

Notes: *Slight "brain fog" (I can explain if you want) and I'm pissing like three times an hour... No carb effect?

Figured out that Google Chrome is the reason for these damn asterisks. *Will be using Firefox (ugh) for the rest of this journal.

greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mr._X View Post
    Figured out that Google Chrome is the reason for these damn asterisks. *Will be using Firefox (ugh) for the rest of this journal.
    Wow really?

Ah, that explains it as I am now on a different pc using mozilla and no asterisks :P

Have you tried using coconut oil? The benefits of coconut oil and the MCT's it contains are enormous, it also helps to induce a deeper state of ketosis which will allow for a much faster transition period. Coconut oil has become a staple for me on my CKD; two tablespoons a day! MCT's are not readily stored as fat and thus are burned very much like glucose, providing a boost of energy. You can try eating it out of the bottle like I do(if you can stomach it) or you can put it in coffee or cook your foods in it :P

FBTK gives you facials.

Originally Posted by greekmanman View Post
    Wow really?

Ah, that explains it as I am now on a different pc using mozilla and no asterisks :P

Have you tried using coconut oil? The benefits of coconut oil and the MCT's it contains are enormous, it also helps to induce a deeper state of ketosis which will allow for a much faster transition period. Coconut oil has become a staple for me on my CKD; two tablespoons a day! MCT's are not readily stored as fat and thus are burned very much like glucose, providing a boost of energy. You can try eating it out of the bottle like I do(if you can stomach it) or you can put it in coffee or cook your foods in it :P
    I have heard of MCT's but I never really knew they induce deeper ketosis. That's awesome man I was gonna say I only use coconut oil as an ingredient in my tanning oil (don't hate gf loves my tan haha). I will definitely pick some up and it sounds like an interesting add to my morning coffee. I'll have to head to vitamin shoppe tomorrow. If it works like glucose does it detract from the purpose of the diet (i.e. switching from sugar/carb burning to fat burning)? I know it's a rookie question but I am new to the diet.

I'll have my workout and diet up later tonight. I'm having fun with this!

Anabolic Diet Day #2

Day 2
    Sprint Program/Rehab Workouts Week 2 Day 2

Weight: 220 (no change)

The Diet

11:45 AM -- 5 slices of bacon, 4 whole eggs, 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream (w/ coffee), 1 tbsp butter
    1:00 PM -- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream (w/ coffee)
    2:30-4:30 PM -- sprint workout, longtoss @ baseball diamond
    5:15 PM -- 2 ground beef (round 85/15) burgers, 1/2 cup cheese, 1 tbsp butter
    6:30 PM -- 6 oz. round steak, 1 tbsp butter, 2 fiber choice tabs, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
    9:30-10:15 PM -- rehab circuit @ gym (upper body)
    10:20 PM -- Isopure pre-mixed drink
    11:15 PM -- BK double stacker w/ cheese and mayo, no bun, no ketchup

Daily Totals: 2,905 calories, 215 g protein (30%), 206 g fat (65%), 18 g carbohydrates (2.5%)

Comments: I don't know why the percentages don't add to 100 but that's what they are (probably because some cals are coming from other sources, but it's a negligible amount). I had success hitting my percentages, but I was about 1,000 calories off today and I think that's just because I worked out for so long and added a second workout at night because I was restless. I was pretty tired today, but I didn't notice any soreness and my muscle felt full and good all day. I noticed I am still pissing a lot and when I woke up I wasn't really pumped, but I was really defined in the abs/waist. I think I'm losing a lot of subcutaneous water, and in that case I say that's great! I was craving carbs today, I really had a hard time taking the bun off my double stacker today, but alas it's all for the greater good. I can't wait til my carb up. I may start on Friday as I've heard the body shifts on day 2. But I think I may also wait for the weekend and just do Saturday/Sunday because I won't be at my house and eating carbs while I'm out all weekend will be easier than eating strictly protein and fat. Regardless, I can't wait to carb up. My favorite meal so far is my breakfast. Bacon, eggs, and coffee is awesome for me any day. I must say I miss the hash browns though! Can't wait for the "energy boosts" when the body "shifts" from carb/sugar burning to fat burning.

The Workout

Sprint Workout (2:30-4:30)

-70 throws for long toss (baseball)
    -10 x 30 yd sprints (double time for rest)
    -10 x 60 yd sprints (double time for rest)
    -4 "foul poles" sprint (length of the warning track)

Rehab Workout (9:30-10:15)

Cable Crossover 50 x 12 x 3 superset w/ Cable Head Squeeze (Biceps) 30 x 12 x 3
    Forearm Twists (focus on small wrist muscle) 12.5 x 25 x 3 superset w/ Wrist Curls 12.5 x 25 x 3 superset w/ Wrist Ext. 12.5 x 25 x 3
    Bosu Crunches 30 x 3

Comments: I was really really tired after my sprint workout, but I still managed to suck it up and go do a little rehab work at the gym for my wrist/hand. I was dead tired from the get go when I got to the gym but I feel I got in an effective workout. I think I'll be ready to start my 12 week program next Monday, no doubt. I'm not longer having pain when I lift and I'm really happy with that. The rest of this week's lifting will have a focus on priming my muscle for the program and stabilizing the imbalances between the left and right sides of my body. Training smart is my focus here. I'm not going to go all out and get myself hurt again, but I think by the end of my program I will be a lot stronger, faster, and ready to rock n' roll when I start playing baseball down in Florida this winter to try and get a contract. As for now, goodnight!

Anabolic Diet Day #3

Day 3
    Rehab Workouts Week 2 Day 3

Weight: N/A (forgot to check, oh well)

The Diet

1:15 AM -- 1 serving (28 oz.) peanuts
    11:00 AM -- 5 slices of bacon, 4 whole eggs, 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream (w/ coffee), 2 tbsp canola oil (replaces butter), 2 fiber choice tabs
    3:00 PM -- 8 oz. ground beef (round) burger, 1 tbsp canola oil
    6:15 PM -- double quarter pounder with cheese no bun, no ketchup, w/ mayo
    6:30-7:30 PM -- Rehab Workout
    10:30 PM -- 12 oz. round steak, 2 fiber choice, 1 tbsp canola oil, 8 tsp. parmesan cheese
    11:30 PM -- 3 slices of bacon, 3 slices of turkey bacon

Daily Totals: 3,635 calories, 239 g protein (27%), 287 g fat (71%), 18 g carbohydrates (>3%)

Comments: Today I didn't hit my macros again, but then again that's a hell of a lot of food to eat (4,050 calories). I think I did a good job eating 3,635 calories today but my percentages were a little off. Protein at 27% is a little on the low side, one more steak may have evened things out a bit but I was full of meat tonight. I was craving carbs ALL DAY!!! I was thinking of pizza and burritos and chips... it was torture. I felt so sluggish today, I really hit a wall. For awhile before my workout I was really thinking of "giving in" and finding a new diet. But my will power allowed me to persist on. I have even been craving a milk shake lately, which is funny because when I eat "normally" I tend to never want sweets. I think the milk I drink everyday when I'm not on this diet satiates my sugar cravings entirely. I've had absolutely zero sugar over the past four days. I sort of started this diet after breakfast Sunday. After eating 2 slices of french toast, I went full into the no carb zone. Well let me tell you day 3 (4?) is a bitch. I can't wait to make the fabled switch over. I pray it's not too much longer. Saturday my girlfriend and I are going to her company picnic. We even got a hotel room for the night so I'm pretty sure I'll be drinking. For the rest of the beer drinking anabolic dieters out there that are going through their first 12 days of no carbs or are a weekday drinker and would like to drink on the 5 days of no carbs, I recommend Michelob Ultra. There's just 2.6 grams of carbs yet still 4.2% ABV (lighter ABV, but still great for a low carb beer). Miller 64 and Bud Select 55 boast low carbs, but they also only have 2.4% ABV or less. They're basically pisswater.

The Workout

Stairmaster 20 minutes level 8-10, 275 calories burned
    Hammer Curl 30 x 12, 30 x 12, 30 x 12
    Machine Chest Fly 110 x 15, 110 x 15, 110 x 15
    Bosu Crunches 30 x 3

Comments: This was such a terrible workout I don't even know where to begin. I got to the gym dead tired at about 6:30 PM and hopped on the stairmaster. I had some DOMS from my throwing and sprint program so I wanted to get warmed up properly. I also do longer sessions of cardio to build endurance and lower cholesterol. Then a girl I know came and visited me. We hadn't talked in like 2 months and she's a friend of mine so we had to catch up (she was of course done with her workout). Being the nice guy I am I decided to take my time talking with her. As the sweat I worked up dried and I moved over to the weight room I ran into another buddy of mine. He's a bodybuilder and likes to take long breaks between his sets. The guy doesn't mind being at the gym for 3-4 hours even though he only has a 1-1.5 hour workload. I on the other hand enjoy getting in and out, using proper rest periods, and getting all of my workout done efficiently. He talked to me for another 20 minutes. I simply could not get a good workout in. I'm glad I'm starting my 12 week program next week. It will give me more motivation to lift. I will also never visit a LifeTime Fitness ever again at 6:30 at night... talk about after work crowd... The remaining lifts in this log will be in the mid-morning (if I can ever wake up before 11 again, these last 2 weeks have been crazy with my biological clock) or after 9:30 PM. I hate being a member of such a busy gym but their selection in the cardio/weights department and other amenities are top notch for $60. As an athlete I enjoy the ability to work out the stiffness in an industrial strength hot tub or go for a swim 365 days of the year living in harsh winter Chicago. Anyway today was a wash, but at least the body is still adjusting. Next week should be more fun for me. Saturday is my next off-day... Can't wait because this diets got me dead beat all day.

I seriouslyrecommendtrying out the virgin coconut oil, it really helps energy levels, especially during the transition period. Not to mention the other benefits of MCT's.

FBTK gives you facials.

lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are following Dr. DiPasquale's diet from his book then you may want to avoid coconut oil.

This is from the "Stay away from these" section of the book:

It’s also important to note that Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT’s) get a big thumbs down
    for use in the Anabolic Diet. Very few foods actually contain MCT’s, but you’ll find many people
    are very big on MCT supplements, most of which are derived from coconut oil. They’ll say,
    “It’s fat, why can’t we use it?” but it basically bypasses the whole energy pathway we’re trying to
    establish with the Anabolic Diet and can be very counterproductive.

MCT’s can be of great use on a diet high in complex carbs because of its protein sparing
    effects. But on the Anabolic Diet, the body, instead of using the long chain fatty acids that make
    up most body fat, uses the MCT’s. The body ends up bypassing the very metabolic processes
    that the Anabolic Diet sets up: to burn its own fat and use the long chain fatties as a primary
    energy source.

The long chain triglycerides utilized in the Anabolic Diet also have several advantages over
    the MCT’s. They have an even greater protein-sparing effect than the MCT’s. And along with
    decreasing the formation of bodyfat, which the MCT’s also do, they increase the amount of
    existing bodyfat broken down and greatly decrease bodyfat levels.

A lot of people will be tempted to run down to the health food store and buy some MCT’s
    to be used on this diet, but don’t bite. They’ll actually work against the diet in terms of muscle
    production and fat breakdown.