Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Registered User LumberJackedJoe's Avatar
    LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

INBF 11 Weeks 3 Days to First Show

I have been dieting since March 13. I have lost about 35Lbs since then and now weigh in at 216. I'm 6'2 1/2 23 Y.O. I'm training for the INBF Mr. Supernatural Buffalo Oct. 1. I didn't train for a BB show in the off-season...I just trained as heavy as I could every time I went in the gym. In the spring I was between doing a natural power lifting comp or a natural bodybuilding show, and obviously decided the latter. I will post 3 pics here now if you want to see more you can view my profile. My coach is Justin Draper and we've been working together for 12 weeks. I feel like logging this could add even more motivation for me soooooo lets do work!

The start 20 weeks out

Last week...12 weeks out

Last edited by LumberJackedJoe; 07-15-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Team: Jadablitz

Check out my video's!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/LumberJackedJoe

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck my man, look thick, Im prepping a friend for this first show too. Upstate natural bodybuilding is the best man. Your in good hands justin gets shredded
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

Warrior9 is just really nice. (+1000) Warrior9 is just really nice. (+1000) Warrior9 is just really nice. (+1000) Warrior9 is just really nice. (+1000) Warrior9 is just really nice. (+1000) Warrior9 is just really nice. (+1000) Warrior9 is just really nice. (+1000) Warrior9 is just really nice. (+1000) Warrior9 is just really nice. (+1000) Warrior9 is just really nice. (+1000) Warrior9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ohhhh, you're the big dude draper tells me about! jesus, nice size man.

im competing in the october 8th contest in rochest and draper is also doing my prep.
    im doing that one and august 13th in ohio.

let's do this, jadablitz style

LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Macros Goal RF day(CHANGED TODAY): P:285 C:370 F:45

Woke up today and I weigh 216.5. My contest weight goal is approximately 200Lbs. Today is chest/back, my favorite day of the week. When I started we determined my back width is one of my major weakness. I have a very thick torso which was overpowering the width of my back. I believe we've made tremendous progress reducing this weakness. Overall, I feel great ready to kill this workout today...my body is not sore at all which is awesome. Ate sweet potatoes and broccoli for the first time last night before bed....that stuffs delicious, I hadn't had either in months.

I'll post my workout later tonight when I get a second my girlfriend just got back into town so she's been keeping me extremely busy.

And warrior like I said before lets kill October.

Jared: I've heard it is. I'm definitely excited for it. What weight class is your buddy thinking he's going to come in at?

tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, what's up big Joe. Good to see you up in the bb.com hood. You know my thoughts on Justin, just keep killin it bro.
    Prep with Justin Draper
    IT ONLY GETS EASIER!
    T-Rex

This is my latest picture it was taken after breakfast today. The lighting isn't the greatest and I think I should turn a touch more towards the camera.

Trevor....nice to see a familiar face! Justin's been doing a fantastic job!

My workout:
    T-bar rows: 4PlatesX10
    4P+25X10
    4P+25X10
    4P+35X10
    4P+35X10

Flat Bench: 225X10 Slow reps focusing on the squeeze
    225X10
    235X10
    235X8
    225X10

Incline Dumbell Row: 100X10
    100X10
    80X12 Switched to the 80's so I could go slower and more controlled
    80X12
    80X12

Incline bench: 185X14 Real slow again
    185X14
    205X12
    205X12

Wide Grip lat Pull-down: 170X12
    150X12
    150X12
    130X12
    130X12

Dumbell Flys: 50X12X3 Slow and squeezing

Standing lat pull downs: 90X12X3 Slow and squeezing

Cable Flys: 70X12X2 Super slow
    50X12X3

Wide grip Pull-up: 2X10

Had a huge pump after that. I did 30Min. of moderate cardio later in the day.

sjschumaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjschumaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjschumaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjschumaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjschumaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjschumaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjschumaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjschumaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjschumaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjschumaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) sjschumaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck. You are in good hands.

So I found out how to picture embed yesterday...hooray me for not being as computer illiterate as the day before! The pictures at the top are kinda big though oh well.

Macros Today: P:285 C:270 F:55
    Weight: 215.5
    W/O: Mod Volume Legs
    Cardio: 200Cal MISS on eliptical
    Notes: Definitely a little sore today. I need to drink more water! Not in the workout mood I was in yesterday, but I'm sure that will change a couple sets into my w/o today.

Originally Posted by sjschumaker View Post
    Good luck. You are in good hands.
    Thanks man!

Check out my video's!

W/O Update:

S/L Deadlift: 365X8X2
    385X8X2
    405X8X1

Hack Squat: 4plates totalX10X2 Did all of these super slow and ALL the way down
    6plates totalX10X2
    6Plates+2/25platesX10X1

Front Squat Machine: 4platesX10X3
    6PlatesX10X1

Hamstring Curls: 120X10 60X10 30X10 drop set X2

Extensions: 120X10 40X10 Drop set X2 SUPER SLOW

Calf raises machine: 140X10X4

Standing barbell calf raises: 275X3

Afterwards I only got in 150 calories of MISS so I need to do another 350 tomorrow.

I also decided to start video updates on youtube which I will probably add to this at some point soon.

Check out my video's!

Weight: 216
    W/O: Mod Volume Shoulders, Tris, Bis
    Cardio: 350 Cal MISS on jogging
    Notes: Didn't get great sleep last night. Had to wake up early this morning and do some work and couldn't get to bed until late. Still had a killer work out with a GREAT pump

Shoulders:
    Arnolds: 65LBX10X3
    65X9X1
    Side raises: 35X8X3

Slow Side raises:25X10X2
    20X10X2

Power partials:50X10X2
    45X10X2
    40X10X2

Front raise to lateral extension db: 20X10
    15X10X2

Bi's:
    Seated db curl:40X10X4 slow

Standing inverted db curl:35X12X2 super slow
    30X12X2
    25X12X2

Barbell Curl:65X12X2 super slow big stretch
    55X12X2

Tri:
    Z-bar incline extension: 115X10X4

D/B skull crushers:45X10
    40X10X2

Reverse push down: 90X10
    80X10X2
    70X10X2

I was seeing crazy separations and veins in my chest during those barbell super stretch curls it looked crazy next time I'll have someone take a pic.

Check out my video's!

jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The BEAST! Veins, separation and striations Joe! Sounds like a good prep to me keep killing it!

Originally Posted by jadablitz4 View Post
    The BEAST! Veins, separation and striations Joe! Sounds like a good prep to me keep killing it!
    Of course it's a good prep!!...I got you watching my back. haha It was crazy yesterday things are really starting to come together JD.

Weight: 214.5 NEW LOW!
    W/O: OFF Abs
    Cardio: HIIT
    Notes: Had a good nights sleep. Definitely sore today...Arms are feeling it and legs are even a little sore. It was 11 Wks from yesterday...I'm getting a little anxious!

Check out my video's!

Macros Today: P:285 C:370 F:45
    Weight: 214.5
    W/O: Power Upper
    Cardio: -
    Notes: Sleep was alright last night. I woke up this morning and my arms are more sore today than yesterday from Saturday's w/o. Energy levels still have been pretty good since the decrease in carbs.

I think I'm going to try and get a few videos of the workout today. I'm going to start with decline bench press instead of a back exercise like I normally do on my power days. The goal is 405X5X1. I practiced a little bit of posing last night, and every time I pose I see little improvements in my physique....that feels good! And It's a refeed day today which is always saweeet.

Check out my video's!

Weight: 215
    W/O: Power Lower...Have to finish Bi's and Tri's
    Cardio: 30min Moderate

I didn't have time to post an update after yesterdays workout. instead I think it will be cool to post a youtube video of just some of the highlights from it.

Check out my video's!

jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LumberJackedJoe View Post
    Weight: 215
    W/O: Power Lower...Have to finish Bi's and Tri's
    Cardio: 30min Moderate

I didn't have time to post an update after yesterdays workout. instead I think it will be cool to post a youtube video of just some of the highlights from it.

Hey Joe, diggin the youtube video's! For what its worth, I"M subbed!!

For everyone who doesn't know Joe, let me confirm this " dude is strong as F***!!"
    Jadablitz Training

Originally Posted by jadablitz4 View Post
    Hey Joe, diggin the youtube video's! For what its worth, I"M subbed!!

For everyone who doesn't know Joe, let me confirm this " dude is strong as F***!!"

Thanks man! It's actually quickly becoming one of my new favorite hobbies. It really motivates me a lot more than I thought it would.

Update from todays power legs and finishing arms from Mon:

SL Dead
    405X5X3
    425X5X2
    455X5X3
    way more than a 5X5 but 405 was to light I thought to count as my first 2 true 5X5 sets

Hack squat:
    3PSX5X3
    4PSX5X3
    4+25PSX5X1
    This was my second maybe third time hack squatting in about well maybe ever. I'm really liking these, but I do need to warm up my knees quite a bit before doing them.

Front Squat Machine:
    3PSX8X3

Extensions:
    100X10X3

Machine Calves: 220X5X5
    Doing More tomorrow after cardio

Barbell Curl:
    135X8X3

Pulley Flat Bar Pushdown:
    140X8X4

Cardio: I jogged for 30min

Check out my video's!

Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Looking great. Be careful doing heavy declines while cutting though. I lost nine months to trying to push 395 on declines. I felt a pop on third rep. I wish I would have never done it. Like the journal and the vids though. My shoulder hurts just watching it.

Originally Posted by Spartacus81 View Post
    Looking great. Be careful doing heavy declines while cutting though. I lost nine months to trying to push 395 on declines. I felt a pop on third rep. I wish I would have never done it. Like the journal and the vids though. My shoulder hurts just watching it.
    I think I'll stay below 405 for the rest of my time cutting only getting it 3 times was great, but I know you have a valid injury point. When I started my prep I actually aggravated my back, and it took several weeks to get back to normal (can't afford to do that now). I'm glad you're enjoying the vids and journal....I've enjoyed doing it!

Weight: 214 New Low!
    W/O: -Abs/Calves

Feeling sore today, but I do feel good. In the mirror this morning I started to notice my abs coming in a bit better. I feel like they are one of my lagging spots right now just because other parts of my body (legs) are leaner. Practicing posing last night, made me realize how far along my chest has come. I did some quarter turn side poses and the chest striations/ridges and even a vein or two are making there way out. My chest has got to be one of my strongest body parts visually.

Alright guys. Let you know how the HIIT goes and probably going to post another video update with-in the next two days (I have to have my girlfriend give me a haircut first) haha.

Check out my video's!

Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yeah I just watched a video on MD about Dorian yates and he said both of his injuries came close to competition time while he was cutting and if he could do it over he would of went lighter. Your stronger and bigger than I was then but its still better to be safe.

Weight: 212 New Low!
    W/O: Mod Vol. Chest/Back
    Cardio: 30Min Jog
    Notes: New contest low 212! I'm feeling good, not really sore at all...and todays a refeed day! HIIT went by super easy yesterday, and I'm ready for a good workout today. I think today I'm going to do a lot of fly's, and machine back stuff.

And I'm going to post my second installment of my video updates in a few minutes. Going to record it now!

Check out my video's!

Video update 2 will have to wait until tomorrow. Timing didn't work out today.

Workout today went very well. Losing that 2Lbs. seems to have made a bigger difference in my physique than one would think. My body fat % is definitely on the decline, and I believe it's going to really start showing with every pound I lose from here on out.

Workout:
    Incline Barbell:225X8X4

Weighted Pull Up's: 15LbsX8X4 Slow and focused on pump/contraction

Dumbbell Fly's Flat Bench: 70X8X4

Wide Grip Pull Down: 150X10X3
    170X8X2

Incline Dumbbell Fly's: 55X8X3

Seated Close Grip Row: 240X8
    160X12X3

Flat Bar-Flat Handle Pulldowns:140X12X4 Slow-focused on pump

Cable Fly's Kneeling: 50X10X2
    70X10X2
    Standing Fly's: 70X12X2
    90X10X2
    Pull-Up's:3X8 Focused contraction
    Pushups: 2X10 Very slow

Check out my video's!

Macros Today: P:285 C:270 F:50
    Weight: 213
    W/O: Mod Vol.: Legs
    Cardio: 500cal MISS Elliptical I-pod coming w/today!
    Notes: Back feels a bit sore today idk why. Overall, I feel pretty good, but sleep wasn't the best last night...had to take a nap after I went into work for a few hours. New video update hot off the press enjoy!

Check out my video's!

_Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome vids man ... you're gonna be real happy looking back on this that you documented it all on video/log

Noticed were the same age ... where did you go to school?
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Weight: 212.5
    W/O: Mod Vol.: Bi, Tri, Shoulders
    Cardio: 500cal MISS Elliptical
    Notes: Got maybe 6 hours of sleep last night. Have to try and make-up for that at some point. Feeling a little low energy today, but it's arms today, and last night part of the reason I couldn't sleep was because I kept thinking about what I'm going to do in the gym today!

Originally Posted by _Machine_ View Post
    Awesome vids man ... you're gonna be real happy looking back on this that you documented it all on video/log

Noticed were the same age ... where did you go to school?
    Thanks man! I think the videos are going to be real cool to reflect on. I went to Amherst High School class of 2006.....you go to Hamburg?
    Last edited by LumberJackedJoe; 07-25-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Check out my video's!

_Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LumberJackedJoe View Post
    W/O: Mod Vol.: Bi,Tri,Shoulder
    Cardio: 500cal MISS Elliptical
    Notes: Got maybe 6 hours of sleep last night. Have to try and make-up for that at some point. Feeling a little low energy today, but it's arms today, and last night part of the reason I couldn't sleep was because I kept thinking about what I'm going to do in the gym today!

Thanks man! I think the videos are going to be real cool to reflect on. I went to Amherst High School class of 2006.....you go to Hamburg?
    No, Cheektowaga ... but I moved out here 3 years ago when I was a Freshman in college...

Saturday night arm day? Typical routine for about 3/4 of the "bros" before they go fist pump

Originally Posted by _Machine_ View Post
    No, Cheektowaga ... but I moved out here 3 years ago when I was a Freshman in college...

Saturday night arm day? Typical routine for about 3/4 of the "bros" before they go fist pump
    Hahaha favorite post in this entire blog so far. But 3 things....A)I've got an old lady and B) I wouldn't touch any girls with your d*ck down on Chippewa! C) I'm getting that arm pump to go into work, YEAH! I've got to work 9-2 tonight so no fist pumping : (.

Are you done with school or what? And what college?

I didn't put my leg workout up from yesterday so I'll put it up right meow.

Squat:225X8X3
    275X8X3
    315X8X3
    Sumo Deadlift: These will be down more! Really worked the glutes..unbelievable!
    225X8
    315X8X3
    365X8X3
    405X8

Extensions: Done with 2 up-sets and 1 drop set
    145X8X2
    165X8X2
    175X8X2
    200X8X2

100X10
    80X10
    60X10
    40X10

Curls: Done with 2 up-sets and 1 drop set

150X8X2
    175X8X2
    200X8X2
    215X8X2

120X10
    100X10
    80X10
    60X10

Standing Barbell Calf Raises:
    225X12X3
    275X10X3
    315X8X3
    Last edited by LumberJackedJoe; 07-25-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Check out my video's!

Sick numbers ... 215lb curls?!

isthisreallife.jpeg

I just graduated in May with my Masters in Accouting from UB ... hbu?

Weight: 210.5 NEW LOW!
    W/O: OFF Abs
    Notes: Slept well last night...seems like the first time in a while. Cardio went well today I broke a treadmill, and then another one doing HIIT so I moved to the elliptical; and finished the HIIT there. Lately, as I've increased the speed of the treadmill to around 10.6 for the sprints, and the jog to 5.5, I get a "check speed system" message and the treadmill shuts down. Legs were SORE today! Had a busy last couple days. This is going to be a long beginning of the week for me, so hopefully I get good workouts in until Thursday. After that it gets easy.

*I miswrote the previous post it was supposed to say I didn't post my leg w/o i edited it since then.
    1st off I don't want you to think that was bicep curls lol, that was machine hamstring curls. I wish it was I'd be a BEAST lol. Congratulations on the masters in accounting, I graduated last spring from Florida Atlantic University with a bachelors in business administration. I wouldn't have moved back if it wasn't for having a job here.

Ok so yesterdays workout: Mod Vol. Arms

Overhead Z-bar extensions:
    115X8X4

Barbell Bicep Curls:
    135X8X3

Arnold Press:
    70X8X3

Close Grip Bench Flat:
    185X8
    185X7
    185X6

Z-Bar Curls:
    115X8X3

Lateral Dumbbell Raises:
    25X10X3

Flat-Bar Machine Pushdowns(done in drop-sets):
    80X12X3
    70X12X3
    60X12X3
    50X12X3
    40X12X3

Across Body Dumbbell Curls:
    40X12
    35X12
    30X12

Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise:
    40X10X3 Done real slow

If you want to catch the first three exercises I'll post the video:
    Last edited by LumberJackedJoe; 07-25-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Check out my video's!

W/O: Power Upper
    Notes: N/a

Machine Close Grip Row:
    300X5x3
    280X5X3

Over-head Dumbbell Press:
    80X5X5

Incline Bench:
    275X5X4
    285X5

Flat Dumbbell Fly's:
    70x8X3

Wide Grip Standing Pulldown:
    170X8X4

Front Dumbbell Raises:
    30X8
    35X8
    40X8

Hammer Curls
    65X8
    55X8X2

Tricep Flatbar Underhand Pushdown:
    70X8X3

Check out my video's!

Ugh I'm back from Pittsburgh!

Time to update this bad boy.

Macros Today: P:285 C:255 F:55
    Weight: 213
    W/O: Power Legs
    Notes: Tweaked my left hamstring yesterday doing power upper. Yeah I know, it doesn't make ANY sense. So it'd been bothering me still today, and I couldn't push myself as hard as I normally would, but it wasn't too bad.

Sumo Deadlifts:
    225X8
    315X5X2
    365X5
    405X5
    425X5
    455X8X2

Straight Leg Deadlift:
    405X5X3
    425X5X2
    455X5

Machine Front Squat:
    2PSX8X2
    2+25PSX8
    3PSX8X3

Leg Extensions: Drop Sets
    125X8X3
    75X8X3
    45X8X3
    25X8X2

Calf Raises Machine:
    240X5X5

Standing Dumbbell Calf Raises:
    80X8X3
    50X10X3
    Last edited by LumberJackedJoe; 07-27-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Check out my video's!