Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2079
    trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    Appreciate it, tricky, but not sure if admire is the word. I am not a natural at lifting or strength. I have to work harder than some other guys my size and some experience is paying off. Because of the 035 section, I have really progressed. My point is, if I can do it, you and many others can, too.

Definitely stronger than 6 months ago when I hit 340. If injury-free, I hope to surpass that by just a little.
    I hear ya, I know you are working for it.

trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Paulie_G View Post
    Thanks man. For the record, I'm down to 164.5, and there is no way in hell that I'd hit 300 right now. It's amazing how much of a difference 5 pounds can make. I think for the next round, I'll just let myself creep up into the mid 170's and see what I can do without trying to balance strength and bodyweight so much.

Also needed to say that I would not have pushed myself to hit 300 without the assistance of a great training partner, and some of the guys here who are putting up such great numbers.
    Believe me I hear you on the loss of strength. Last chest session I was getting 3 reps on the weight I was doing for 4 sets of 10 four months and close to twenty pounds ago.

I've decided to run a slight surplus until Feb, 3.5 months of dieting down is plenty. Gotta try and build some muscle.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am throwing the gauntlet down (for myself) this sat. I was invited to participate in local bench meet. Some pretty big benchers will be in it. Not sure how well I will do, but I can only give my best. If there ever was a time to do it, this will be a good one. I am totally confused on what to open with and what type of progression to make.... Lots of schools of thought. Like anything else....you dont want to leave too much on the table, but also dont want to bomb out. It will be a great experience though.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    I am throwing the gauntlet down (for myself) this sat. I was invited to participate in local bench meet. Some pretty big benchers will be in it. Not sure how well I will do, but I can only give my best. If there ever was a time to do it, this will be a good one. I am totally confused on what to open with and what type of progression to make.... Lots of schools of thought. Like anything else....you dont want to leave too much on the table, but also dont want to bomb out. It will be a great experience though.
    Just see what the other guys open with. I know you know, but warm up well and make sure your CNS is warm for the big lifts. Since you are very strong, put 380 on the table. That is high enough to get their attention, but low enough not to shoot yourself for subsequent lifts. Good luck.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ID, this is your 1st time benching in a meet, correct? Whatever the answer, I agree with Phattso, start with 380. When you hit that, go after 405 or 415 than 430. Of course that could change depending on how you feel.

My own personal opinion is I hate hitting all three of my attempts in any lift, for me it means I didn't push myself, especially since I can become conservative on the platform.

The big challenge is the rules. In any meet I have done, there is a down command, up command and than rack command. While it sounds simple, I have seen many lifters nail a lift, only to be red lighted because the racked before the command. In addition, find out what they accept for foot placement and if head movement is allowed.

Best of luck!
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    ID, this is your 1st time benching in a meet, correct? Whatever the answer, I agree with Phattso, start with 380. When you hit that, go after 405 or 415 than 430. Of course that could change depending on how you feel.

My own personal opinion is I hate hitting all three of my attempts in any lift, for me it means I didn't push myself, especially since I can become conservative on the platform.

The big challenge is the rules. In any meet I have done, there is a down command, up command and than rack command. While it sounds simple, I have seen many lifters nail a lift, only to be red lighted because the racked before the command. In addition, find out what they accept for foot placement and if head movement is allowed.

Best of luck!
    Open Light... get the nerves out... make it an easy lift... if your looking at 425 for your final, honestly, I would not open at 380+.. probably something you can just throw up.. 350 maybe.. 325 even.. then up it 50lbs.. and decide from there.

Just my 2 cents based on what i read on all the PL boards.. OPEN SUPER LIGHT. To me, that doesn't sound like 80% or whatever.. that sounds like it should be a gimmie, on my worst possible day.

Anyhow.. you know what your capable of... GL man.. kill it !
    --
    Knows a trial lawyer who knows how to defend himself in an online forum.

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just see what the other guys open with. I know you know, but warm up well and make sure your CNS is warm for the big lifts. Since you are very strong, put 380 on the table. That is high enough to get their attention, but low enough not to shoot yourself for subsequent lifts. Good luck.
    That is about where I was thinking....365-380ish

Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post

Best of luck!
    Yep....first bench meet.

I am a little concerned about starting lower because I really have no idea where my max is. I did a 415 single the other week and it was almost easy so I dont know how much more I have in me. Part of me wants to open with 415 and then go from there .... But I know conventional wisdom is to start lower.

I am thinking

365-380
    435-440 (depending on how 420 goes or what it will take to win the meet)

There is another big bench guy in my weight class. (that is all he does is bench ) I would have to weigh 20lbs more then I do now if I had the same upper body mass he does, as he carries no weight in his legs. I know he can put up 430. That is really going to fire me up to compete against him. Maybe it will bring out a little better performance as I dont want to lose to a guy that does not know what a squat is

Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
    Open Light... get the nerves out... make it an easy lift... if your looking at 425 for your final, honestly, I would not open at 380+.. probably something you can just throw up.. 350 maybe.. 325 even.. then up it 50lbs.. and decide from there.

Just my 2 cents based on what i read on all the PL boards.. OPEN SUPER LIGHT. To me, that doesn't sound like 80% or whatever.. that sounds like it should be a gimmie, on my worst possible day.

Anyhow.. you know what your capable of... GL man.. kill it !
    Thanks! Good / bad, I will post the results. I will see if I can get a buddy to shoot some vids as well.

Thanks for the support guys
    RAW lifts

Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tomnationwide View Post
    Barbell Bench Press 345
    Set 1 : 225.0x16
    Set 2 : 225.0x14
    Set 3 : 225.0x12
    Set 4 : 225.0x12
    Set 5 : 225.0x10

So 64 the first week
    I like it. Watch that 64 climb.
    As i get older I am realizing i have to get while the gettings good. I can put stats and PR's up here all day long. But, the main concepts with my workouts....
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

choatemike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i raw bench touch and go 600 so just put a video up? and you win a good job from people which is cool

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by choatemike View Post
    i raw bench touch and go 600 so just put a video up? and you win a good job from people which is cool
    I want to see this.....
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    At 385 lbs, 600 is only 1.55 X bodyweight! huge dude!

For some reason, flat bench is one of my worst lifts. Not sure if it's because I don't do it enough or what. Typically, I work out chest once per week. I mainly do low rep heavy weight as well, almost exclusively. Maybe that's my problem...don't know, but I got stuck at 295 @ 188 or so (my absolute peak flat bench) and made zero, almost backwards progress in the subsequent months. My 275 reps have not progressed either...on a good day I can do 3, on a bad day, 1. I can do 225 X 10 or so.

I started going back to dumbbells. Did 120 X 3 recently, and hoping to work my way up by 5's until I hit...haha...150, but I know that will take a LONG time.

Looking for pointers to bust my bench plateau. It's pesky. I want to hit 315, and seems like I should be able to. I can do weighted dips with 135 lbs around waist X 5, so triceps seem ok? My shoulders seem good...one of my strongest parts I can do 225 X 8 on incline, with max around 270. I just deadlifted 525, squats are bit behind but I"m doing 315 X 3 ATG. Why oh why I"m not 300+ on bench is beyond me. Help!
    Bench: 295 X 1, 245 X 7, 225 X 11
    Incline Bench: 265 X 2, 225 X 7
    Dumbbell Bench: 130's X 2
    Deadlift: 565 X 1, 405 X 8
    Squat: 365 X 1, 315 X 2 ATG
    Box Jump: 50" Standing

SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by corepuncher View Post

For some reason, flat bench is one of my worst lifts. Not sure if it's because I don't do it enough or what. Typically, I work out chest once per week. I mainly do low rep heavy weight as well, almost exclusively. Maybe that's my problem...don't know, but I got stuck at 295 @ 188 or so (my absolute peak flat bench) and made zero, almost backwards progress in the subsequent months. My 275 reps have not progressed either...on a good day I can do 3, on a bad day, 1. I can do 225 X 10 or so.

I started going back to dumbbells. Did 120 X 3 recently, and hoping to work my way up by 5's until I hit...haha...150, but I know that will take a LONG time.

Looking for pointers to bust my bench plateau. It's pesky. I want to hit 315, and seems like I should be able to. I can do weighted dips with 135 lbs around waist X 5, so triceps seem ok? My shoulders seem good...one of my strongest parts I can do 225 X 8 on incline, with max around 270. I just deadlifted 525, squats are bit behind but I"m doing 315 X 3 ATG. Why oh why I"m not 300+ on bench is beyond me. Help!
    It's a sad day when we consider 295 a poor bench.

corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SKINUM View Post
    It's a sad day when we consider 295 a poor bench.
    it seems that way when all you want is 315 and can't get there :-)
    Bench: 295 X 1, 245 X 7, 225 X 11
    Incline Bench: 265 X 2, 225 X 7
    Dumbbell Bench: 130's X 2
    Deadlift: 565 X 1, 405 X 8
    Squat: 365 X 1, 315 X 2 ATG
    Box Jump: 50" Standing

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I posted this on 11/22.

I decided that I am going to make it a goal to bench press 350lbs, which is 10lbs higher than my previous 340lbs I did approximately 5 months ago. To build up to it, I will use a similar strategy I did last build-up, which is more bodybuilding first, then strength. That means that I am doing some reps that may not lock out in my training to maintain constant tension for bodybuilding. But, for any 1 reps, I will of course fully lock out.

I am also doing this for those who may see age as a crutch or that it is not possible. I am 55 and my age has never stopped me from training hard. I am not as big or as strong as many others here, mainly because even though I have been working out 25+ years, I only really learned how to train well, over the past 5 to 6 years. I have learned how to eat better over the past 2 or 3 years.

So, given all that, my goals are still to get bigger and stronger. I am glad this friendly competition is not age related, because I do not care that I am competing with much younger guys. It does not matter if you put in good quality gym time.

**I may not get to 350, but I will die trying.

285 for reps this past Monday morning at 4:40AM. I left about a half-inch from lock-out on these because I am bodybuilding and needed the reps with continuous tension. My weight = 204.

This morning at ~4:50AM. I weighed 205lbs. Felt ok going in the gym, but my mind was playing with me a little. I went for a new PR of 350, which is 10lbs higher than my PR 6 months ago.

Getsum, new PR for me

Last edited by Phattso; 12-09-2013 at 10:15 AM.

SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50) SKINUM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I posted this on 11/22.

This morning at ~4:50AM. I weighed 205lbs. Felt ok going in the gym, but my mind was playing with me a little. I went for a new PR of 350, which is 10lbs higher than my PR 6 months ago.

Getsum, new PR for me

I think you had 355 & a possible 360.

Thanks. It is possible. I might try it next week, if my back feels ok. I pulled something this morning and not sure if it will affect my benching. We'll see.

tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rocky3540 View Post
    I like it. Watch that 64 climb.
    Barbell Bench Press 360

Set 1 : 225.0x18
    Set 2 : 225.0x15
    Set 3 : 225.0x13
    Set 4 : 225.0x11
    Set 5 : 225.0x11

68 total so 4 more than previous.
    |

FYI when I'm done with this pain brigade I'm going to hate you I think. Then I'm going to forgive. Then I'm going to do it again.
    Last edited by tomnationwide; 12-10-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    Instagram: tomnationwide
    Twitter: @tomnationwide

lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice Phattso! Get rid of those pink soles on ur shoes and u can prob get ur 360.

In on choatemike 600 vid!
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159735861&pagenumber=

**No thigh gap Crew

Originally Posted by lschepis View Post
    Nice Phattso! Get rid of those pink soles on ur shoes and u can prob get ur 360.
    Haha, lschepis. Thanks and will work on the shoe color

Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Barbell Bench Press 360

Set 1 : 225.0x18
    Set 2 : 225.0x15
    Set 3 : 225.0x13
    Set 4 : 225.0x11
    Set 5 : 225.0x11

68 total so 4 more than previous.
    |

FYI when I'm done with this pain brigade I'm going to hate you I think. Then I'm going to forgive. Then I'm going to do it again.
    Embrace the pain. Go to failure each set where your spotter just gives you enough to struggle through the last rep. Rest a good 5-6 minutes between each . Plus 4 is great. Next goal is 75.
    As i get older I am realizing i have to get while the gettings good. I can put stats and PR's up here all day long. But, the main concepts with my workouts....
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

I posted this on 11/22.

Getsum, new PR for me

Very nice.
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

ChrisifictionX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by corepuncher View Post

try decline bench. it broke my plateau big time, added size to my chest and weight on the bar. the first couple/few weeks the weight will likely stay the same, as it did for me, but after week 3 or 4, i exploded. out of nowhere, seemingly. the weight i was struggling with all of a sudden felt much, much lighter, and i found myself doing new weight every other week. im still increasing but the gains have slowed after an entire year of decline as my chest "staple exercise." good luck.

kennyg225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    295 is a good bench. If ur trying to get to 315 sometimes is simply a mental battle. I only go over 300 once a month and mainly rep out on 225 I got a lot of strength from doing that and finally broke the 315 barrier. However I do work chest and legs out twice a week.

Forgot to put my recent PR here.

420 @ 206.5

(failed at 440)

Two embeds. (one for ipads)

RAW lifts

New PR for me this morning at about 4:50AM. I weighed 205lbs. Exceeded PR of last week by 10lbs. Exceeded PR 6 months ago by 20lbs.

PR = 360lbs

Your killing it! Congrats, keep it up!

tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rocky3540 View Post
    Embrace the pain. Go to failure each set where your spotter just gives you enough to struggle through the last rep. Rest a good 5-6 minutes between each . Plus 4 is great. Next goal is 75.

72 this week. 83 including a sixth set
    Instagram: tomnationwide
    Twitter: @tomnationwide

72 this week. 83 including a sixth set
    Nice work, gotta love progress.

I don't have the strength to get those kinds of numbers with 225. I did a similar exercise benching my body weight. First set was max number of reps with end point being 100 reps total in as many sets as it takes. I took a GVT approach and kept my rest periods shorter than normal. Pump was ridiculous and I even had DOMS. It was fun to break away from the usual grind.

lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Forgot to put my recent PR here.

420 @ 206.5

(failed at 440)

Two embeds. (one for ipads)

That is awesome!! Over 2 times BW! Shaking my head. What a quiet meet. Where's the heavy metal??
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159735861&pagenumber=

**No thigh gap Crew

Nudger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nudger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nudger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nudger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nudger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nudger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nudger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nudger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nudger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nudger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nudger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm good for a 320lb bench on a good day and I weigh 175lb. I've hit a 330lb pb but think I'm just off that at the moment......How does that look? Average for my weight??

Paul