havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Homemade Parallel Dip Bars (Pictures and How To)

Hey guys,

I just finished making these homemade dip bars last night. I'm no handyman, but I think they turned out alright so I thought I'd share some pictures and measurements if you want to make your own.

You will need:

-30 feet of schedule 40 2" PVC Pipe
    -6 T's (I used more because I plan to add a pull up bar to mine)
    -8 Elbows
    -Rubber Cement

I took the dimensions from another blog that unfortunately I can't link, but it's called Trinity Training Group. (Just wanted to give a shout out.)

Anyway here they are:

-Base is made with 2@24", 2@17", and 4@3". Uprights in the front are 2@36.5". Uprights in rear are 2@29" and 2@3".

-I found when I followed these directions I was short two 24" pieces and a 17" piece. The 24's are for the actual bars and the 17 is for the support beam.

I hope you found this helpful, I've also added some pics below for reference. With these dip bars and a doorway pull up bar, you can get an awesome workout out home. No excuses!
    Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. -Gautama Buddha

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by havenoego View Post
    Hey guys,

I just finished making these homemade dip bars last night. I'm no handyman, but I think they turned out alright so I thought I'd share some pictures and measurements if you want to make your own.

You will need:

-30 feet of schedule 40 2" PVC Pipe
    -6 T's (I used more because I plan to add a pull up bar to mine)
    -8 Elbows
    -Rubber Cement

I took the dimensions from another blog that unfortunately I can't link, but it's called Trinity Training Group. (Just wanted to give a shout out.)

Anyway here they are:

-Base is made with 2@24", 2@17", and 4@3". Uprights in the front are 2@36.5". Uprights in rear are 2@29" and 2@3".

-I found when I followed these directions I was short two 24" pieces and a 17" piece. The 24's are for the actual bars and the 17 is for the support beam.

I hope you found this helpful, I've also added some pics below for reference. With these dip bars and a doorway pull up bar, you can get an awesome workout out home. No excuses!
    How is the stability?

Total cost?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    How is the stability?

Total cost?
    Stability is good. I'm a light weight, but I just tested it out with a 45lb dumbell and there is little to no rocking. My padre is pushing 250 and it held fine for him as well.

Total cost was just over $40, but I had some spare elbows lying around. Those would cost around 9-12 bucks overall, but I'm reasonably confident you could do the entire thing for under $50.
    Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. -Gautama Buddha

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you can see it in use in the strength shop video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA9Eh...layer_embedded

@ about 2:30 & 7:00

Originally Posted by jshpark View Post
    you can see it in use in the strength shop video
    @ about 2:30 & 7:00
    Awesome thanks for the video. Yeah you can see it shakes a little bit, but the guy in the video is a big dude and it holds him up fine.