jeff187342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wrist pain on bench press (not letting the bar roll)

So I know many of you probably got instantly frustrated when you saw this thread because it's probably been the subject of about a million threads. I know, I've read many of them, the solution is consistently "straighten your wrists." This just isn't working for me. My left wrist started to hurt, I stopped benching and just started doing leg stuff for the past 2-3 MONTHS. in that period I saw a doctor who sent me to a physical therapist, from PT back to a different doctor who said PT actually was making it worse by further hyper extending my wrist. He said I had "very mobile wrists," meaning that they bent back further than most people's, therefor I was more likely to hyper extend it and get hurt from pushups and bench. From there I did research and thought maybe I had just bent my wrist too far back, so I tried hitting the bench again now keeping my form heavily in mind. My wrists were not rolling back or hyper extending as near as I could tell, they bend back slightly, maybe 35 degrees or so, I'm also wearing wraps now, still no luck. The pain is definitely way more mild after the break (plus lower weight I'd guess), but still after a day or two after I bench I'll feel the back of my wrist is a little sore. Is it possible that my wrist just needs more recovery time or..? Also I've had x-rays, doctor says everything looks fine and intact, he just thinks it's irritated from hyper extension. I haven't had much luck with doctors though, hoping you guys might have some advice, thank you!!