Southhpaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thoughts and opinions please

Hey all so basically im 16, 170 cm, 65.7kg and have decided to 'cut' i guess you would call it for around 3-4 weeks. I have abit of extra fat that i would like to get rid and then start hitting the gym

So basically im on holidays now and have been running after breakfast and then kickboxing for 45-60mins later on during the day. I also cleaned up my diet as my metabolism is EXTREMELY slow atm.

So far ive been going for about 6 days and have been going pretty good, my metabolism has sped up a bit, or atleast i believe so. I have ****ed up the past 2 days though as having a few biscuits late at night and cake today as i went to a Bday thingo.

So anyway what i was hoping on getting from you guys was some help/tips as to what i may be doing wrong or what i need to change etc. Thanks abunch guys and ill post below my 'diary' so to speak.

Day 1
    65.7kg
    • 11.30 – 1 Egg on 1 Slice of Wholegrain bread
    • 12.45 – 25 min run
    • 1.30 – 4 strawberries, pinch of blueberries and 1 apple
    • 3.30 – Tuna with Brown Rice
    • 4.15 – Kickboxing (1 hour)
    • 6.00 –Chicken Breast with Broccoli and Corn
    • 8.30 – Protein Shake ( Half a banana )
    Day 2
    65.3kg
    • 12.20 – Bowl of oats Rev milk
    • 2.00 – HIIT Running
    • 3.20 – 2 egg whites on wholemeal toast 1 slice
    • 5.00 – Apple
    • 5.30 – Kickboxing
    • 7.00 – Steak with Corn and Carrots
    • 9.00 – Steak with Celery
    Day 3
    64.5kg
    • 11.00 – Bowl of oats light start milk
    • 1.00 – Run + 5 stair sprints
    • 2.00 – 2 egg whites scrambled
    • 3.00 – Apple
    • 5.40 – Chicken, Corn, Broccoli and Brown rice.
    • 7.15 – 30 mins kickboxing
    • 8.45 – Chicken and cucumber.
    Day 4
    64.7kg
    • 12.40 – Bowl of oats with light start and muesli bar
    • 2.15 – 4 nachos with cheese and tomato
    • 2.30 – Good 30 min run BAD DAY!!!
    • 5.30 – Cinnamon Pretzel
    • 6.00 – Apple
    • 7.10 – Chicken Soup (White Rice)
    • 9.00 – Protein Shake
    • 10.00 – Heaps of biscuits GRRR
    Day 5
    64.4kg
    • 1.15 – 2 egg whites wholegrain toast 1 slice
    • 3.45 – 25 min run
    • 4.20 – Chicken corn and broccoli
    • 5.15 – Kickboxing (20 mins)
    • 6.20 – Protein Shake
    • 9.00 – Cake and 3 biscuits

mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't think you're going to get much help from what you posted.

Figure out your maintenance calories and macros. Track what you eat and take in less than maint while you keep working out. I don't think there's anything more to it.

I'd suggest going to read the stickies that explain this already.

Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    its obvious you have researched bodybuilding diets but the thing you must realize is you are trying to lose fat. Protein shakes and and stuff like that aren't necessary in any way. Basically find out how many calories you need a day to maintain your current weight.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Then take that number, lets say for example its 2500 calories, and subtract 500. So take in 2000 calories in this example and you will lose weight.

If you are wanting to keep as much muscle as possible only subtract 250 or whatever. The faster you lose fat, in most cases, the more muscle you will lose.

Other people may have different advice but that's mine.

best of luck to ya.
    Last name Ever, First name Greatest.

Thanks alot goes, just another question can you link me to where i can find about macros and all those other nutrient sorta infor. THAnkssssss

Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Weapon--X has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Here ya go big guy, if this doesnt help the top thread on the teen section is for teen diets

Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Weapon--X View Post
    its obvious you have researched bodybuilding diets but the thing you must realize is you are trying to lose fat. Protein shakes and and stuff like that aren't necessary in any way. Basically find out how many calories you need a day to maintain your current weight.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Then take that number, lets say for example its 2500 calories, and subtract 500. So take in 2000 calories in this example and you will lose weight.

If you are wanting to keep as much muscle as possible only subtract 250 or whatever. The faster you lose fat, in most cases, the more muscle you will lose.

Other people may have different advice but that's mine.

best of luck to ya.
    Why arnt protein shakes necessary? If he is using them to meet his protein requirements, even when cutting you gotta make sure you fill your protein requirements.

OP, I like that your doing cardio, but why not lift weights while you cut? It will allow you to build muscle mass while stripping body fat, although you can of course do what ever you want with regards to cutting and bulking, your trained to get ripped right? Not become a twig, you can't be ripped with out muscle. Good luck man! Hope your cut goes well!

Originally Posted by Homanator View Post
    Why arnt protein shakes necessary? If he is using them to meet his protein requirements, even when cutting you gotta make sure you fill your protein requirements.

OP, I like that your doing cardio, but why not lift weights while you cut? It will allow you to build muscle mass while stripping body fat, although you can of course do what ever you want with regards to cutting and bulking, your trained to get ripped right? Not become a twig, you can't be ripped with out muscle. Good luck man! Hope your cut goes well!
    if thats his reasoning than by all means go for it, its cheaper than whole meat anyway. But looking at his diet i would guess he is getting enough protein, as his goals arent to gain muscle at the moment.

Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Weapon--X View Post
    if thats his reasoning than by all means go for it, its cheaper than whole meat anyway. But looking at his diet i would guess he is getting enough protein, as his goals arent to gain muscle at the moment.
    True, still, that protein is needed so he can maintain what ever muscle he already has.

Yeah the protein is pretty much to keep muscle while cutting, its also a meal replacement, im using ISO Sustain 93 so it has very low carbs so i can take it before bed.

Thanks alot for the comments guys.