skinanymuscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey protein/nutrition for nursing mothers

Trying to gain weight and bulk up, but don't want to take in anything that could be harmful to my little one.

HELP from experienced moms please!!!!

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi! Protein powders are typically safe. There are a few that contain herbs or creatine that I would avoid. Your basic Optimum Nutrition whey powder is fine (and I like that brand for taste and price as well).

(Soon to be mother of 2, nursed my first for 18 months)

Of course you do not NEED protein powder, you can just as easily increase dietary protein (although powders are convenient for time reasons). Eat lots of dairy - milk, cottage cheese, other cheeses, yogurt, greek yogurt etc. And nuts are great too for gaining. And of course, lots of complex carbs - pasta, bread.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I will defer to the other ladies who are more knowledgeable than I am on this, but when in doubt, you can always consult your pediatrician. I don't see any reason that whey would be bad as long as you check the ingredients and make sure there isn't anything added you wouldn't want your baby to have.

skinanymuscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Hi! Protein powders are typically safe. There are a few that contain herbs or creatine that I would avoid. Your basic Optimum Nutrition whey powder is fine (and I like that brand for taste and price as well).

(Soon to be mother of 2, nursed my first for 18 months)

Of course you do not NEED protein powder, you can just as easily increase dietary protein (although powders are convenient for time reasons). Eat lots of dairy - milk, cottage cheese, other cheeses, yogurt, greek yogurt etc. And nuts are great too for gaining. And of course, lots of complex carbs - pasta, bread.
    Not trying to be a pest just want to be sure. You are saying that you took "basic Optimum Nutrition whey powder" when you were nursing? And thanks again for the advice.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom