ariel2525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

sticking out abdomen (psoas?)

hello.
    I've been working out for about 4 mounts with good results.
    but i got one problem. my all abdomen is protruding out.
    my abdominal rectos is pretty strong and i do have a "6 pack", but my sticking out belly just ruins it. from what i have read the reason could be the psoas muscle. I am looking for exercises that don`t work that muscle.
    thank you!

Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The psoas has a major/minor portion that joins with the iliacus and attaches from your spine(psoas) and pelvis(iliacus) and inserts down to the inner femur(lesser trochanter to be exact) the main action of all 3 muscles is hip flexion.. try doing straight leg raises in a captains chair.. start with flex knees and build up to straight legs

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weak transversus abdominis muscle (TVA) do stomach vacuums and planks strengthen the TVA muscle as this muscle is responsible for pulling the abdominal wall back (preventing the abs from protruding)

Originally Posted by Brooksie59 View Post
    The psoas has a major/minor portion that joins with the iliacus and attaches from your spine(psoas) and pelvis(iliacus) and inserts down to the inner femur(lesser trochanter to be exact) the main action of all 3 muscles is hip flexion.. try doing straight leg raises in a captains chair.. start with flex knees and build up to straight legs
    you are joking, right?
    that exercise works especially the psoas.
    i DONT wont to work the psoas to avoid the protruding abdominal effect it cusses.

drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drgnframe24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Weak transversus abdominis muscle (TVA) do stomach vacuums and planks strengthen the TVA muscle as this muscle is responsible for pulling the abdominal wall back (preventing the abs from protruding)
    this^^ vaccuums will help with that
    Misc Zombie Survival Squad: Alpha Squad

*United States Air Force*

Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brooksie59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    O **** I musta read wrong sry bout that

Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Thanks, i will do those exercises for the TVA, but i am also looking for exercises that dont work the psoas or work it to lesser degree. I know about "frog situps" but it is not the best exercise out there..
    Any suggestions?

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'm not sure if it even can be removed from ab movements, both the rectus and the psoas produce lumbar flexion right? Like the psoas would by pulling on the spine directly and the abs by pulling on the front of the ribs that attach to the spine...

There's probably tricks to emphasize abs, like take psoas out of play by changing it's length or something, that's why people bend legs during crunches/sit ups right?

BartStare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartStare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartStare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartStare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartStare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartStare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartStare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartStare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartStare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartStare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartStare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ariel2525 View Post
    Ti am also looking for exercises that dont work the psoas or work it to lesser degree.
    Try hammer curls.

Geijn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your psoas major/minor runs lateral to your lumbar spine and is partially shielded by your iliac crest. The muscle is seated quite posterior; maybe you just have a weak peritoneum/transversalis facia/linae alba (abdominal wall)?