Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    2koolforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ah....you're killing me bro! we're talking about hairloss,not drandruff.

HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by 2koolforu
    Irish understood what I was trying to say.
    In bodybuilding,You take protein and vitamins to IMPROVE your body.
    In hairloss,You take drugs,that you're not even sure they're effective ,to TRYING to STOP a flaw in your apearence.
    I'd rather drink my shake and thinking I'm growing nice muscles than taking drugs and thinking "Oh no, I'm losing my hair".
    Just out of curiousity, are you losing your hair?

I am and have been for 9 years, and the thought of 'oh no I'm losing it' just doesn't happen when you apply Rogaine or swallow Saw Palmetto. The thoughts are there all day, just like the thoughts of putting on muscle or losing weight. It constantly weighs on you, and knowing your doing something about it is a better feeling than trying to ignore the fact.

JMO, not trying to sound crude.

Hairloss can be very traumatizing for the average Alpha male, as it was for me at age 16.

Flee Priest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ah....you're killing me bro! we're talking about hairloss,not drandruff.
    eheh..but the nizoral anti dandruff shampoo is recommended against hairloss..in fact I now intend to weep because I do not possess the nizoral anti dandruff shampoo...neither do I have spiro, these are the things that saddens me
    If you are what you eat, I'm dead meat.

2koolforu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by HammyAbeer
    It constantly weighs on you, and knowing your doing something about it is a better feeling than trying to ignore the fact
    Are you the type of person who takes a thousand kind of product to stop the cycle of life?
    Propecia for hairloss,DHEA to stop aging,Shark cartillage for cancer,Aspirine for your heart,yohimbe for your dick,ephedrine for your guts,Gelatine for your joints,lutein for your eyes,Aloe for the skin....etc. It never stops! But there's always something to worry about,money,health,love,work.I do lose my hair,I'm 34 and I love my skin job.Why worrying? I'm beautiful!
    Peace.

HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HammyAbeer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you the type of person who takes a thousand kind of product to stop the cycle of life?
    Propecia for hairloss,DHEA to stop aging,Shark cartillage for cancer,Aspirine for your heart,yohimbe for your dick,ephedrine for your guts,Gelatine for your joints,lutein for your eyes,Aloe for the skin....etc. It never stops! But there's always something to worry about,money,health,love,work.I do lose my hair,I'm 34 and I love my skin job.Why worrying? I'm beautiful!
    Peace.
    Thats cool if you accepted your hairloss, kinda like accepting anything else, like bird legs, small arms, but if there is something I can do about then I will try my hardest to improve it. You chose to shave your head, and that may look good on you, but its not for me. We are all trying to better ourselfs, hence why we surf this forum to try to gain an edge. Am I wrong? To answer your question, I'm not a supplement freak, but I do believe in taking a multivitamin, protein, ECA stack, my hair sups, and eating well, which neither worries or depresses me.

To each his own.

nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I thought this would be interesting to add to this thread:

Japanese Company Finds Genes Linked to Baldness
    Tue Jun 17,11:00 AM ET Add Health - Reuters to My Yahoo!

TOKYO (Reuters) - Researchers in Japan have found two genes that affect male pattern baldness, a company involved in the study said on Tuesday, possibly taking a step toward a cure for the scourge of millions of men.
    Japanese household goods manufacturer Lion Corp said that its joint study with the University of Tokushima in western Japan had discovered that two types of genes relate to both hair growth and hair loss functions.

The genes are Bone Morphogenetic Protein, which helps make bones, and ephrin, which helps make blood vessels.

The researchers made their discovery by extracting hair growth cells from the scalp and conducting a genetic analysis, the company said.

Lion said the team also found that a plant-derived ingredient, called 6-benzyl aminopurine, could help revitalise the two genes and help restore hair growth.

The company, which already sells hair-nourishment products in Japan and Korea, aims to develop a new hair-loss treatment using their findings, a spokeswoman said.

But she said the company could not say how soon it would develop a new product as research is still in its early stages.

Earlier media reports about the company's findings boosted shares in Lion by as much as 15.7 percent to 604 yen at one point on Tuesday, the highest since October 1996, although they shed some gains to end at 547 yen, up 4.79 percent.

Wheres DIO to decifer this?

nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's kind of funny. 6-benzyl aminopurine is currently used as a plant growth regulator. I know there is a pun there somewhere!

Aboard the Crazy Train!!! Tiggis's Avatar
    Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dont worry man

I like to look good, and I have good hair.. but at 37 its starting to go backwards a bit..

I will change my style and what not so it still looks good for as long as I can then I will get it cut/buzzed ect.. whatever it takes to make me look good.

I think you'll find that most people will accept you and find you attractive with or without hair.. if your

Nice,
    Clean,
    In shape,

These imho are more important than hair..

We have brainwashed women into thinking that 36d are required to be good looking with a size 0

and that men with hair loss are unattractive.. when its just not so...

Its not a major trajedy.. be confident in the person you are. make your body tight and right and your looks will take care of themselves..

and thats truth..

Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There is a lot truth the idea that women like bald men. Some examples: Jordan, Patrick Stewert. My sister thinks Captain Picard is a sexy man. Of course they are famous atheletes and movies stars. But I've known girls that loved bald guys.

Aboard the Crazy Train!!! Tiggis's Avatar
    Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiggis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

There is the truth about bald men

having problems with women..

Rules about women

1. Women hate loser.. if your bald and a loser women will not be attracted to you in general.

2. Women hate men who hate themselves. Show some confidence for goodness sake. Which brings us to point # 3.

3. Women love men with confidence.

4. Women love men with muscles.

5. Women love men who will talk with them a listen. But still be the man.

If you bald and not doing well with women, there is another cause.. I promise.. hair is just hair..

Flee Priest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Irishfurey
    My sister thinks Captain Picard is a sexy man.
    Man there has to be something about that guy, have you seen his wife? She is an 11! (Or at least she was when I saw a pic of her ages ago...)

For all I know I could look pretty cool being a skinhead..it depends on the shape of the head...for now I'll go with the hair on scalp look...
    If you are what you eat, I'm dead meat.

Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So far my favorite treatment for hair loss is Mach 3 Turbo. It works real well and has no side effects of you are careful.

I wish I could feel sorry for you but by the time I was 23 I was pretty much completely bald. You will get over it. Dont get surgery, use drugs with side effects, or anything else you will regret later.

Instead of stressing over it, think about all the other benefits of having too much natural testosterone .
    It's better to be cynical than naive.

Stabber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Peace.
    I like this guy
    do nothing which is of no use

eselviento is on a distinguished road. (+10) eselviento is on a distinguished road. (+10) eselviento is on a distinguished road. (+10) eselviento is on a distinguished road. (+10) eselviento is on a distinguished road. (+10) eselviento is on a distinguished road. (+10) eselviento is on a distinguished road. (+10) eselviento is on a distinguished road. (+10) eselviento is on a distinguished road. (+10) eselviento is on a distinguished road. (+10) eselviento is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So 8 years later who here accpeted their hair loss or decided to do something about it did.it work ?

Tdragonfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdragonfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdragonfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdragonfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdragonfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdragonfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdragonfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdragonfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdragonfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdragonfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdragonfly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can someone recommend a good brand of saw palmetto for hair loss?

VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eselviento View Post
    So 8 years later who here accpeted their hair loss or decided to do something about it did.it work ?
    lolol
    Been to HQ THREE times
    --------------------------------
    "Some men choose to chase women. Other men choose to chase aesthetics. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your muscles will never wake up and tell you that they don't love you anymore." Socrates

dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by eselviento View Post
    Still have hair

I highly recommend Dr. Lee's products. After all the research I did, I never stopped using them.
    I saw the film, said that's the life for me
    Forsake the mundane for some instability
    So sue me.

Protect your right to buy the supplements you want: www.usfa.biz

Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wtf, u are back??????

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Save some money...when it gets bad enough you can get that surgery when they move your hair follicles over for permanent hair where you want it most.

Im expecting some major breakthroughs in the next decade as well.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Tyme4change has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i gained about 5-6 pounds while being on propecia (fat) and when i stopped after 6 months, i gaine another 5 pounds (fat). my doctor said if your body is sensitive to estrogen then yes you can gain fat and possibly gyno, because you are increasing your estrogen. never got the sexual sides, but i had brain fog and my gains went down a little. maybe taking Propecia along with an estrogen blocker will prevent fat gains....???

dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    wtf, u are back??????
    Not really. I'm still subscribed to old threads, and once in a while someone responds to one. This was an easy answer.

I may show up now and then though. How you been?
    So sue me.

Originally Posted by KimJong-il View Post
    Save some money...when it gets bad enough you can get that surgery when they move your hair follicles over for permanent hair where you want it most.

Im expecting some major breakthroughs in the next decade as well.
    People have been expecting those breakthroughs since the last decade. They're coming, but no one is confident enough to project a date.

Prevention is ALWAYS easier than trying to fix something after the fact. This applies to anti-aging efforts as well.
    So sue me.

Originally Posted by Tyme4change View Post
    i gained about 5-6 pounds while being on propecia (fat) and when i stopped after 6 months, i gaine another 5 pounds (fat). my doctor said if your body is sensitive to estrogen then yes you can gain fat and possibly gyno, because you are increasing your estrogen. never got the sexual sides, but i had brain fog and my gains went down a little. maybe taking Propecia along with an estrogen blocker will prevent fat gains....???
    I took proscar (same active as propecia) for 2-3 weeks before I started seeing gyno symptoms. Used nolvadex to get rid of them, but that's not a good long term solve.

Taking any any anti-estrogen long term (especially anti-aromatases) is not healthy long term.

You're much better off with something topical.
    So sue me.

SimonSaysnoFat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nbourbaki View Post
    Here are a couple suggestions:

Forty-four men with "mild to moderate dandruff and somewhat oily scalp" used Nizoral A-D Shampoo two or three times a week for six months, and 43 men with the same scalp problems used a dandruff shampoo containing zinc pyrithione just as frequently over the same period of time. Both shampoos had the same percentage (1%) of the active ingredient in them.

At the beginning of the study, the researchers looked at the health of the mens hair and scalp. They counted the number of hairs growing on the scalp. They also measured the diameter of the hairs, and how many hairs fell out over a 24-hour period. They took these measurements again one month into the study, then again at three months, and one last time at six months.

The researchers found that the men using Nizoral had about an 8% increase in the thickness of their hair. The men using the zinc pyrithione shampoo had no such increase. In fact, their hair decreased in thickness by about 2%. The men who used Nizoral also shed fewer hairs over a 24-hour period than the zinc pyrithione shampoo users did. The Nizoral users shed about 16% fewer hairs, whereas the zinc pyrithione users shed about 6% fewer hairs.

In the new study, 19 men between the ages of 23 and 64 years with mild to moderate hair loss were given either a placebo or a supplement containing 400 mg of a standardized extract of saw palmetto and 100 mg of beta-sitosterol per day. After about five months, hair growth in 60% of the men taking the herbal combination had improved compared with their initial evaluation. In contrast, only 11% of those receiving the placebo improved.

Although the number of men in the study was small and the results were not statistically significant (which means the improvement may have occurred by chance alone), the findings are encouraging for millions of men (and possibly women) with male pattern hair loss and offers a relatively safe alternative for those who want to take a natural approach to treat this condition. Larger studies are needed to confirm the benefit of saw palmetto and beta-sitosterol, as reported in this preliminary study. In addition, women of childbearing age should not use saw palmetto without medical supervision because it has not been proven to be safe during pregnancy and lactation
    Than I'm bloody lucky, RegenePURE DR have both ingredients.

KCMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SimonSaysnoFat View Post
    Than I'm bloody lucky, RegenePURE DR have both ingredients.
    Very true. Regenpure DR, NT, and Intense Biotin conditioner are the best combo I've seen. I stumbled upon it just googling similar ingredients all the hairclub places use in their products like EXT. DR seems to make it healthier, NT makes it thicker, and adding the conditioner I've actually regrown some hair, even in a scar I have. I say it's worth trying all three.

Not too combine topics, but I was trying this because I also wanted to try natural test boosters and prevent hair loss as much as possible. They seem to make my scalp and hair feel chalky. But for me seems like combining something natural like testofuel and 5-alpha-reductase inhibitorbased one like arimatest seems to be ok. And this with regenpure seems to work best for my hair. Was wondering if the arimatest could actually work better than finasteride by itself? Anyone else have any advice on the test boosters part I'm all ears.