Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10)

7/26 Nutrition
    Morning weight: 138 pounds

Rest Day
    Food

Banana-cheesecake Proats

Cherry-cheesecake GY bowl w/blueberries (oh, and PB)

Basil-stuffed pasta w/chicken, broccoli, & green beans

Maple-PB oats w/eggos cereal

Macros: 174/327/98 PRO/CHO/FAT, 2,808 calories

Notes
    Today had some seriously bomb eats as I continue on my quest to devour as much Mighty Maple PB as I possibly can before I leave to go backpacking. I also got some good use out of my package of SF/FF cheesecake pudding mix and a bunch of FF cream cheese to make various cheesecake/fruit concoctions.

Activity today wasn't too high, I walked to and from an auto body shop to get my mom's car fixed (dropping it off and picking it up), mowed the lawn, and then pretty much just chilled, cooked, ate, and went to a hookah bar with some friends.

Weight's back on track once again, I'm expecting a little bit of residual weight from my last meal tonight to show up on the scale tomorrow (just finished it a little before two a.m.). Otherwise looking and feeling good; hoping to 5x5 squats at 135 tomorrow, which will make me a very happy man.
    Currently bulking/getting up to a respectable weight:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135943441

AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10) AVandelay is on a distinguished road. (+10)

7/27 Workout & Nutrition
    Morning weight: 137 pounds

Workout
    Squats
    45x10
    70x8
    135x5x5 <-- Working sets

Bench Press
    45x10
    70x8
    105x5 <-- Working sets begin here
    110x5x2
    110x3
    110x2
    105x3

Bent-Over Rows
    45x10
    65x8
    100x5x5 <-- Working sets

Cardio: Treadmill, two miles at eight mph (post-lifting)

Food

FFGY/Cottage Cheese/Cream Cheese w/ON whey, PB, and blueberries

Tuna w/refried beans, green beans, salsa

Mixed grains w/broccoli, chicken, sweet basil sauce, and goat cheese

B&J Cheesecake Brownie

Macros: 164/345/90 PRO/CHO/FAT, 2,864 calories

Notes
    Got 135 for 5x5! That's kind of been a short-term goal of mine so I was psyched to get it in before I leave for vacation and probably take a break from lifting (feelsbadman.jpg). Can't wait to be consistently squatting above my bodyweight. I'm not really sure what was going on with the bench today; the first set was because I forgot I was going to 110, not 105. The next two felt good but I just could not finish those reps on sets 4 and 5. Finished it off with a few at 105 but I was pretty beat by that time. Really glad I dropped the weight on those rows. Arms got full extension at the bottom of every rep and I made sure I hit my chest/stomach at the top every time. Didn't "cheat" by putting my legs or back into it either.

Working tomorrow at like six in the morning (blech) so not going out tonight. I'm leaving for Montana on Friday so starting that morning I'm not gonna be tracking for a good 10 days or so. Hopefully I'll find a gym in the hotel with some weights, otherwise I'll just eat a comfortable amount and try not to lose too much weight while backpacking.

Then of course after I get back it's pretty much immediately off to Madrid for another two weeks or so of not tracking and not really lifting. I really hope I don't lose too much strength in this period but if I do I'm sure I can bring it back up quickly.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Congrats on the squats
    Refried beans are a fav of mine
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well done on upping the calories to 2800+ bro and keeping them up there. Not everyone listens to the advice given to them, but you did and im sure you wont regret it.

Do you do any isolation/supplementary lifts or just the ones you list?
    140bpm all day every day

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    Congrats on the squats
    Refried beans are a fav of mine
    Yeah they were really good, I should've put some cheese on it but for some reason refried beans + tuna was a really good combo. Kinda like a tortilla-less fish taco.

Originally Posted by oats_addict View Post
    Well done on upping the calories to 2800+ bro and keeping them up there. Not everyone listens to the advice given to them, but you did and im sure you wont regret it.

Do you do any isolation/supplementary lifts or just the ones you list?
    Thanks, it was kind of tough the first time my weight jumped after upping them but I'm pretty much in a "more is better" mindset right now. Like today I stepped on the scale and it was 139.5, me a few weeks ago would've been like "oh noez it's all fat" but now I just kinda chuckled and forgot about it. Honestly who would be worried about being fat at less than 140 pounds anyways? haha

And I'm just doing compounds right now, I had been doing supplementary stuff like db bench, shoulder press, chins, and calf raises as well as abs but I'm gonna just focus on gaining a good base of strength and staying with the program now. I think maybe when it's time to drop down to 3x5 I'll add in accessory stuff to keep the volume up, plus hopefully I'll be putting up decent weight by then.

riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000) riaden is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thoes oats look tastey might have to give it a go!
    congrats on squats, keep up the good work
    Owe my life to D thanks mate!

7/26 Nutrition
    Morning weight: 139.5 pounds

Rest Day
    Food

Cream cheese proats

FFGY/CC/ON Whey/PB/cookie crisp/cinnabon cereal

Baked beans w/tomato sauce & goat cheese, toast

PB oats

Macros: 174/327/105 PRO/CHO/FAT, 2,813 calories

Notes
    Spent most of the day working, came home, showered, and now it's time to pack. Running out of your fresh fruit and meat feelsbadman, but with some help from our good friends at ON I managed some pretty decent macros and eats today. Put away a total of seven tablespoons of peanut butter today; didn't manage to beat either of my jars but I consumed well over half of my Mighty Maple over the course of three days which is a pretty good pace

Not tracking tomorrow (or any day in the near future). Hoping I can hit the weights at the hotel before/after backpacking, otherwise, I'll just be even more psyched to get back in the gym when I get home.

Originally Posted by riaden View Post
    Thoes oats look tastey might have to give it a go!
    congrats on squats, keep up the good work
    They were pretty good, honestly my trick for good oats is to use already flavored packets and then add in complementary mixins. Plain oats can be made to taste good but I've found that the best tasting oats pretty much always come from a pre-flavored package. Maybe that's just cause I'm not that great of a cook though haha

Quick update before I go to bed:

Just got home from backpacking in Glacier national park, which was awesome, but unfortunately I lost some weight in the process. And I'm leaving for Spain in two days, spending a little under two weeks there, and probably won't have gym access during that time. So I fully expect to get back either having gained a bit of fat (not a problem) or lost a bit of strength (distressing but still not that big a deal). Which means I'm gonna have to really step it up when I go back to school.

The other thing is that I'm going back to school... won't be fixing much of my own food, won't be measuring any of it, won't have the opportunities to track macros and probably won't have the desire to. My goals are pretty modest: to not be skinny and weak. And that's by real world standards, not the more stringent bb.com standards. Because so many people are strong and look good without tracking macros/calories I'm pretty sure what I'm gonna do, starting tomorrow, is eat what I want, getting adequate or more protein and fats (I basically know how much meat/GY/whey/whatever I need to eat a day for protein and fats shouldn't be a problem) and attempting to gain 0.5 pounds a week while getting stronger.

I think this is pretty reasonable, especially for someone who isn't looking to prep for a contest or get up to 200 pounds or squat five plates, and who is looking to have a fun year at college while spending some time in the gym. Right?