superhoss37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

very very weak back...especially lats

well i've been working out for about a year and 8 months and i've made some significant progress in not only strength but in my physique. the one problem that i face is that i never really have worked out my back because frankly, i could have cared less until now. my back is very small and weak and i'm trying to do something about it. today, i just started working out my back for the first time. i know that's crazy to leave something out as important as the back but i didn't really care too much until now. but what i'm trying to get to is that today i did this workout...

i did some pretty low weight because i have a very weak back and im not out to impress anybody by moving mountains in the weightroom

-deadlift - 2 sets of 10 @ 115 lbs then a 3rd set of 15 @ 115
    -wide grip pull ups - 1st set: 5 reps, 2nd set: 4 reps, 3rd set: 4 reps
    -bent over rows - 3 sets of 10 @ 95lbs
    -close grip pullups - 3 sets @ 4 reps

ok.....is this normal for me to be doing such little weight?

AND...how in the heck can i make my lats stronger to where i can do more than 5 freaking reps each time??? is there anything else that i can do to strengthen them??

oh yeah, my stats are

Weight: 145
    Height: 5'9

I'm trying to gain more weight by eating lots and lots and i have some N-Large 2 on the way... hopefully i'll be 165 by the time school starts back on August 25.

Thanks!

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Of course it's normal to be using such little weight when you first start hitting that muscle group. And i think you know the answer to your second question.....the only way to get stronger is to keep going as hard as you can and your lifts will increase. Peace
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yup, the back is quite important. You'll always start off with low-weight. Here is a link you might like.

http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html
    Hiegh: 5'11
    Wieght: 175