tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Tiff's Journey to IFBB Pro

Day One:

My first Thread, my first Journal, my first transformation contest, OH MY!!! Where do I start? Hummm Background? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Background:
    36 year old
    Married 2 1/2 years
    Son, 2 years old. Today 06/26
    Born in Ohio
    Grew up in NC

I am no stranger to adversity. My life has consisted of all those things you read and hear about in the news. I was abused as a child and later placed in foster care for the remainder of my childhood. Later, a roommate was murdered while away visiting her parents. I went to college and tried to make a better life for myself. I met and fell in love with a good man and we were married two years ago. We have been blessed with a healthy baby boy who turns two this month. When he was 3 months old, my father was murdered by my brother. Through all my tragic moments, I have remained focused on my training. My life has never been an excuse, but instead as motivation; a tool to push through tragedy to survive and succeed.

How did I get Started? For some time I wanted to secretly compete but didn’t know where to begin, who to talk to, or what to do. I thought it would always just remain a dream of mine. I kept poking around at the gym, reading bodybuilding.com, and just talking to people. I worked out until I was 38 weeks pregnant and was right back at it when he was 2 weeks old. I knew I wanted to do something but wasn’t sure where I fit in, yet. I didn’t know a thing about diet or how to properly train, etc. I finally poked around enough and ran into Angela Barnhill at the gym. She competed in the NPA. I went to one of her shows and I just knew I belonged on stage. My husband (Trevor Delano) encouraged me to go talk to her on the break. We exchanged contact information and met up. I fully expected her to say I had several years of training ahead of me. Instead, she said three months to compete in Figure. I was ecstatic. I still didn’t fully realize what hard work lied ahead. Now I had a goal.

Angela soon moved away, before my competition date. I was then introduced to IFBB Pro Van Anthony and he saw further potential. It was complete luck! I was his first client. He put me on stage December 2nd as a Figure competitor but knew I should be a body builder. I got 1st in the Masters and 2nd in the Open. I then retired my heels and started training as a bodybuilding. NPC was my goal. He worked with me on diet, training, routine, and motivation. My practice show was April 2, 2011 on the NPA Stage in the NC Mega Muscle and it was a clean sweep. 1st Master, Overall Champion Master, 1st Open (Light Weight), Overall Champion Open, and Best Poser. He knew I was ready for the NPC. So off to the BSN NPC NC States in High Point, to see if I had what it takes. First time out and 1st Masters, 2nd Open (Light Weight) and Best Routine. I qualified for Jr. USA’s this year.

What are my Future bodybuilding Plans: We are making a slight adjustment and want to wait until 2012 for Jr. USA’s. I am now training for The Elite in November, but as a middle weight. I also plan to do NPC NC States next year, my goal is the title Ms. NC! I am not finished yet. Still progressing, still learning and still have some unfinished business!

Now for this Contest: OBF Women’s Transformation. I am in my bulking “off” season and BOY have I been bulking!!! WOW!!! I have a LONG ways to go before my November 6th competition. My abs went BYE BYE after three weeks. I have gained 27 pounds since April 16th. NOTHING fits!! Problem areas: TUMMY, quads and arms. I am ready to get my body back!!!! So, here we go!!!!!

blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    subbed in. Good luck in the OBF contest!
    Brian - journal at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161909473

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now a CanFitPro and NSCA certified personal trainer specializing in helping the obese. Lost over 70 pounds myself...

Goals completed: Three 5K's, one half marathon, Spartan Run, and Warrior Dash.

Goals working on: Triathlon, Putting together "Days Of Inspiration" (www.********.com/groups/daysofinspiration)

wwoww will become famous soon enough. (+50) wwoww will become famous soon enough. (+50) wwoww will become famous soon enough. (+50) wwoww will become famous soon enough. (+50) wwoww will become famous soon enough. (+50) wwoww will become famous soon enough. (+50) wwoww will become famous soon enough. (+50) wwoww will become famous soon enough. (+50) wwoww will become famous soon enough. (+50) wwoww will become famous soon enough. (+50) wwoww will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Subbed! You are going to do great!

tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Today's Results

After my son's 2 year old birthday party, I rushed to the gym to get in a good leg workout before it closed.

Leg Workout:
    lunges: with 25 pd dumbells
    squats: fours sets, last set 225 pds for reps
    leg press, light weight (310)for 15 reps, four sets
    leg exten., light weight (105 pds) for 15 reps, four sets
    bench dumbell leg extensions super set with dumbell dead lifts

then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out how to post starting pics for OBF Transformation Contest. ShayZ to the rescue, is going to helpl. YAY!!! Now time to get my food ready for tomorrow.

Thank You

Originally Posted by blsmith View Post
    subbed in. Good luck in the OBF contest!
    Thank you. Good luck to you as well!

Question

Originally Posted by wwoww View Post
    Subbed! You are going to do great!
    Ok what does "Subbed!" mean? I am BRAND NEW to all of this. The "Help" section isn't much "Help"

Thank you!!

blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tiffdelano View Post
    Ok what does "Subbed!" mean? I am BRAND NEW to all of this. The "Help" section isn't much "Help"

Thank you!!
    subbed = subscribed to your thread.

Now a CanFitPro and NSCA certified personal trainer specializing in helping the obese. Lost over 70 pounds myself...

Goals working on: Triathlon, Putting together "Days Of Inspiration" (www.********.com/groups/daysofinspiration)

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Lookin jacked OP! What's your 1RM for bench, squat, DL?
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Lookin jacked OP! What's your 1RM for bench, squat, DL?
    The only one I have ever done is Bench at 185. My trainer doesn't allow me to max out because the high risk for injury.

Monday Funday!!

So, after a sleepless night of tossing and turning, baby crying, dog sick and a long day at work with a skirt on that continously busted open everytime I sat down or bent over cause of my belly: I made it to the gym. Whew!!! I knocked out Back and Biceps.

Back:
    4 sets of standing cable pull downs, last set at 120 pds
    4 sets of sitting wide grip pull downs, last set at 120 pds
    4 sets of sitting V bar reverse grip pull downs, last set at 120 pds
    Single Dumbell rows, 55 pds, 60 pds, 60 pds

Biceps (right elbow is bothering me, so kept light):
    4 sets of machine curls (70 pds) VERY light did 115 last week
    2 sets of Drop sets of dumbell curls (35, 30, 25 pds) (7 reps each)

As I type this, I realize I didn't do abs!!!!! Great!!!!

Grabbed dinner, made food for tomorrow, bathed the baby, packed gym bag, and decided to leave the dishes and house work until tomorrow. I am just too tired. Time to recover and grow time. Night all!

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi,
    I'm not doing the challenge but i saw we are neighbors and wanted to say good luck
    I'll be following along..
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Thank you

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm not doing the challenge but i saw we are neighbors and wanted to say good luck
    I'll be following along..
    Thank you so much!!! It is very nice to meet you!!!

Pink Eye Tuesday

So, I take my 2 yr old for his shots this morning and GUESS WHAT?? He has pink eye. YAY!! NOT!! My whole day changed instantly. So after spending the entire day with him, Dad had his shift so I could go teach gymnastics. Plan was to teach for 1 hour and work out for one hour, then Dad would get to work out. WRONG!!! I had to teach for two hours and then relieve Dad. So I officially declare teaching gymnastics for two hours as counting as one of my cardios for the week!! I will tell my trainer tomorrow and he best like it!!

Going to the beach Sunday through Wednesday. We have started preplanning how and when and where to get in my workouts during this time.

I have also started planning my very last meal before my pre-contest diet begins.

BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh poor little guy! Hope he gets over it soon.

Good luck with the contest

Subbed
    Rosanne

Thank you!

Originally Posted by BDancer View Post
    Oh poor little guy! Hope he gets over it soon.

Good luck with the contest

Subbed
    Thank you so much. He is fine now. Good luck to you too!!!

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I went to the ifbb tampa pro show this past saturday...and wow. Amazing--the hard work those men and women put into becoming stage worthy. Just wanted to pop in and wish you great success !!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    I went to the ifbb tampa pro show this past saturday...and wow. Amazing--the hard work those men and women put into becoming stage worthy. Just wanted to pop in and wish you great success !!
    I would have loved to gone to the IFBB Tampa Pro Show! Yes they/we do. So far I am Nationally Qualified and will compete at that level next year and see what happens! Working on it until then! Thank you!

Wed< Thurs

Wednesday

Met up with my Trainer to check out a new Guy BB. He didn't show up. Must have been scared of me. LOL So, we busted out some shoulders. He remined me that I had to start my pre comp diet soon. I know I know I know. I got this. No worries. Prior to my workout, my husband called to inform me he couldn't find the diaper bag. SO! Grab some diapers and put them in a bag. Viola. A Daper Bag.

Smith Machine Shoulder Press (In front)
    Smith Machine Shoulder Press (In Back)
    Shoulder Front Raises
    Shoulder Side Raises

Thursday
    Nobody wants to work out with me. I don't have a choice. I have to get legs in! So, I went and I CRUSHED my legs. I had a really good work out!! I was actually surprised. No one in the gym and I just focused on hitting it hard and heavy!!

Lunges with 25 pd DB
    Hack Squat, last two sets with 485 pds
    Light Leg Press to Burn them out
    Leg Ext to make sure they are toast
    Calf Raises (315 pds)

Vacation Week

I didn't have much access to the web on vacation but I still kept up with everything so I could post when I got home.

Sunday: Off day, travel day

Monday: Back and Triceps at Gold's Gym in Morehead City, with Figure Comp. January

Back
    4 sets of Pullups 12 reps. Hurt Head AGAIN! Oh well keep going!
    Staight Bar Pull downs
    Lat pull Downs, wide grip
    Pull Downs, close grip
    Dumbell rows 60pds, 65 pds, 70pds, 75 pds 10 reps each side

Triceps
    Small bar, smith machine pull downs to side
    Vbar pulls over head
    3 sets Kick backs, sup set with dips 90 pds drop set with (90, 45, nothing)

Tuesday
    Off

Wednesday
    First day training with a MBB

Chest and Biceps
    Pre exhaust: Chest Flys with Flat Bench
    Incline Bench
    Push Ups

Bar Curls (standing then sitting)
    Dumbell Curls

Thursday
    Shoulders and Traps
    Smith Machine Shoulder Press, in front
    Dumbell Shoulder Raises and Flys
    Shoulder Press Machine
    Rear Delts on Smith Machine (first time doing these)

Shrugs, lost a strap so couldn't go very heavy.

Friday
    Cardio and Abs
    I have been slacking on Cardio and abs, need to pick it up!

Saturday BIG BIG Leg Day!
    Leg Extension
    Smith Machine Lunges
    Leg Press up to 925 pds 10 times
    Leg Curls
    Dumbell Straight Leg dead lifts
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday
    Church and then Chest and Biceps

End of Bulking: Start of Cutting

Bulking Phase is now over. I started my cutting diet last Sunday. Getting my body adjusted from eating everything to eating clean is tough. My stomach growled most of the day, yesterday. However I fogot to get all my water in, which contributed to the hunger pains. Today I am drinking my water and it is going much better. Over all I feel better. A little tired from the 4:30 am cardio sessions Monday and Tuesday and the drastic cut of carbs. I took end of bulking phase pics. I do see a ton of muscle growth however I have a ton of cutting to do. Although I am looking forward to the end result, I also know I have a long ways to go! I am going to take it day by day and do my best! So far, I have not cheated but this is only day 3. I have thought about it many times. I have to stay FOCUSED every mintue of the day!!

How my workouts have changed:

Bulking
    Cardio three times a week at 45 mins
    Each body part once a week
    Meet with Trainer once a week

Pre-Contest
    Cardio four times a week at 45 mins (I do at 4:30 am)
    Each body part twice a week
    Meet with Trainer twice a week

Difference between last pre-Contest and this pre-contest:
    It isn't FREEZING at 4:30 am.
    and I know work out with a male bodybuilder everytime. So, I have someone helping me with every workout! It is much easier in the gym not having to think and just lift.

Almost 4 weeks into Cutting Phase and have gone from 147 pds to 134 pds and holding, this week. This is normal for me. From the shock of the cutting diet, I loose quickly then plateau out for a while. I start my Fat Burner on Sat, so I should start hardening up. 12 weeks and 1 day out from competition on Nov 5th. My trainer says I am right on track. Goal is to weigh in at 125.5. No Problem. I got this! Spending a TON of time in the gym: Cardio, lifting, posing practice, routine practice, gymnastics AND I am helpt 3 people with their prep for compeition. So NO FREE TIME! I love every minute of it! Helps me stay FOCUSED by being SO BUSY! Everyday is a new day with goals to be accomplished! Lets DO THIS!

Originally Posted by tiffdelano View Post
    Almost 4 weeks into Cutting Phase and have gone from 147 pds to 134 pds and holding, this week. This is normal for me. From the shock of the cutting diet, I loose quickly then plateau out for a while. I start my Fat Burner on Sat, so I should start hardening up. 12 weeks and 1 day out from competition on Nov 5th. My trainer says I am right on track. Goal is to weigh in at 125.5. No Problem. I got this! Spending a TON of time in the gym: Cardio, lifting, posing practice, routine practice, gymnastics AND I am helpt 3 people with their prep for compeition. So NO FREE TIME! I love every minute of it! Helps me stay FOCUSED by being SO BUSY! Everyday is a new day with goals to be accomplished! Lets DO THIS!
    I've been following your progress on ********. You are doing so well!!! Keep up the great work! *You are a true inspiration and I KNOW that come comp time you are going to kick some MAJOR A$$!!!! Go get it, gorgeous!!!

beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What's your diet like?
    BluePrint Believer!

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163012481

So I made it through a week in CA for work, Hurricane Irene and no power until Wednesday night and STILL stayed on track with my training and my diet. I feel pretty good about that!

Still going strong 7 weeks out from my comp. I am KILLING it. Abs are coming in nicely, cutting it up!!! I feel more like myself again. YAY!