Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eat Clean?

NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool Eat Clean?

I was searching thru the Contest Prep journals and noticed a lot of people just eat whatever fits their Macros ( Pancakes, cookies, pizza ect.).

The reason i posted this here instead of the nutrition section is that i only really want to know the opinions of the people that have been successful and that are competing.

Do you eat clean foods (Brown Rice, Sweet Potato, Lean meats ect.) or just eat what ever you want as long as it fits your macros?

Your opinions on 'Eating Clean'?

Discuss.

blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No such thing as "clean" or "dirty" eating as far as body weight and body composition goes as long as you nail your daily requirements..."clean" eating only serves a purpose in terms of overall health.

★Reaching For The Stars★ tominho7's Avatar
    tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why would i eat food that isn't clean.

I would never eat my supreme pizza from Domino's if it was covered in dirt. That would be INSANITY!!!!
    Squatted Everyday For 100 Days In A Row

Thread for proof: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172233523

NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10) NathanTanis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whats your opinion on 'timing'?

eg. would it matter if i ate all my carbs late in the day and all my protein in the morning?

blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blharris2914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Timing is irrelevant, eat whenever you want. Even if its 5 minutes before bedtime, eat that sh*t. Although one piece of info i seen someone say is that any carb amount over 100 eaten in one meal is stored as fat, dont know if they were being for real or sarcastic about that.

B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    inb4 all the iifym people......sigh
    Workout Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113026551

"If you don't climb the mountain, you can't see the view"

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by blharris2914 View Post
    Timing is irrelevant, eat whenever you want. Even if its 5 minutes before bedtime, eat that sh*t. Although one piece of info i seen someone say is that any carb amount over 100 eaten in one meal is stored as fat, dont know if they were being for real or sarcastic about that.
    Sarcastic. The bigger a meal, the slow the digestion, hence the irrelevancy of meal timing.

So basically by the time you're done your workout, your pre-workout meal is being absorbed or still digested. I know that post workout I'm still burping up my pancakes..

Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    inb4 all the iifym people......
    Sup
    Just a weight lifter

Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    inb4 all the iifym people......
    iifym people = living life, and enjoying it too

★Reaching For The Stars★ tominho7's Avatar
    tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000) tominho7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nutrient timing is key.

I make sure i can eat my meals in under 2 minutes. One time i was too slow and clocked in at 2:02. The fat gain was EPIC!!
    Squatted Everyday For 100 Days In A Row

Thread for proof: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172233523

Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    Sarcastic. The bigger a meal, the slow the digestion, hence the irrelevancy of meal timing.

So basically by the time you're done your workout, your pre-workout meal is being absorbed or still digested. I know that post workout I'm still burping up my pancakes..

Sup
    Then i hate whoever said this, because since i read that ive been scared as hell to eat over 100 carbs in one sitting when ive had so many opportunities to do so..

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IIFYM =<= eating garbage and fast food all day.
    It's eating the foods that we like and enjoying life while hitting set macros.

Timing is irrelevant. I did not lose muscle and became very lean while eating two meals a day and doing intermittent fasting. Just ate sandwich with white bread at 7 p.m., oh noezz. Also ate sugar every day on a cut along with a ton of veggies.

OP, why did you start this pointless thread in this sub-forum?

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    IIFYM =<= eating garbage and fast food all day.
    It's eating the foods that we like and enjoying life while hitting set macros.

Timing is irrelevant. I did not lose muscle and became very lean while eating two meals a day and doing intermittent fasting. Just ate sandwich with white bread at 7 p.m., oh noezz. Also ate sugar every day on a cut along with a ton of veggies.

OP, why did you start this pointless thread in this sub-forum?
    if you read what i first wrote you would know why i started it

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NathanTanis View Post
    if you read what i first wrote you would know why i started it
    Look up what Alberto Nunez is eating pre-contest.
    ETA: Also Josh Hyaduck.

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was searching thru the Contest Prep journals and noticed a lot of people just eat whatever fits their Macros ( Pancakes, cookies, pizza ect.).

The reason i posted this here instead of the nutrition section is that i only really want to know the opinions of the people that have been successful and that are competing.

Do you eat clean foods (Brown Rice, Sweet Potato, Lean meats ect.) or just eat what ever you want as long as it fits your macros?

Discuss.
    A Porsche engine is designed to run on high octane gas...it WILL run on low octane---but which is OPTIMAL?
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

i will have a look now

Originally Posted by simpleguy4 View Post
    A Porsche engine is designed to run on high octane gas...it WILL run on low octane---but which is OPTIMAL?
    Do you think it is much better to eat clean?

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you think it is much better to eat clean?
    Moderation.
    Just a weight lifter

Thanks, I have been eating really clean lately and it sucks! im going to change one meal a day to what ever i want as long as it has the same macros a the clean food i would of ate instead.

andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks, I have been eating really clean lately and it sucks! im going to change one meal a day to what ever i want as long as it has the same macros a the clean food i would of ate instead.
    /thread.
    - <30 weeks out with 3DMJ & -Berto- to the 2014 Victorian INBA Victorian Titles.

- Also, join my log on ********: http://www.********.com/AndysNaturalJourney

This is so new

SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not for long it won't. It will detonate and ping until the motor won't hold an idle (on 87 octane).

But yeah, NO ONE only eats junk. Just because my dinner of brown rice, muenster cheese, and whey was only complete once I had my 280 calorie snickers bar doesn't make the world of fat loss come to a stand still. At that point, 280 calories is, well 280 calories.
    Real Men Eat Meat and Vegetables.

SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    This is so new
    J, your abs would be 3" deep, not 'just' 2.5" had you replaced that bar of chocolate with 12 minute, lightly steamed broccoli, organically grown in your backyard.

Get with it. Sheesh.
    Real Men Eat Meat and Vegetables.

eymen23 is just really nice. (+1000) eymen23 is just really nice. (+1000) eymen23 is just really nice. (+1000) eymen23 is just really nice. (+1000) eymen23 is just really nice. (+1000) eymen23 is just really nice. (+1000) eymen23 is just really nice. (+1000) eymen23 is just really nice. (+1000) eymen23 is just really nice. (+1000) eymen23 is just really nice. (+1000) eymen23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wish I could get along with this whole eating whatever as long it fits my macros thing. I can't take a diet seriously if I'm eating chocolate and all that jazz, I just end up over eating. Oh well.

Wink

Originally Posted by SupaaJ View Post
    J, your abs would be 3" deep, not 'just' 2.5" had you replaced that bar of chocolate with 12 minute, lightly steamed broccoli, organically grown in your backyard.

Get with it. Sheesh.
    I know J.
    Imagine how many more glute striations Berto would have if he didn't ate his damned peanutbutter sandwiches pre-contest??

L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) L_Coops is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I clean all my food before I eat it.

Stay natty cuz

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tominho7 View Post
    Why would i eat food that isn't clean.
    There are times when I wonder how much dirt I'm eating with sweet potatoes twice a day.

Seriously, tho, since the first of the year, I've stuck to a meal plan of 6 meals per day at 2.5 to 3 hr intervals. No dairy, gluten-free meals that I've prepared myself. No processed foods and no cheat meals. I do eat two unsweetened Hersey kisses every day as I feel they contribute to maintaining normal blood pressure.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is a reason why every PRO bodybuilder eats clean
    "Success is a journey, Not a destination"

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift some heavy ass weights!" -
    Ronnie Coleman

"Yeahhhhhh buddy" -
    King Ronnie!

IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh and these pros run high amounts of AAS & GH and other things....but still they eat clean...maybe there doing it wrong
    "Success is a journey, Not a destination"

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift some heavy ass weights!" -
    Ronnie Coleman

"Yeahhhhhh buddy" -
    King Ronnie!

Originally Posted by IronMan2010 View Post
    There is a reason why every PRO bodybuilder eats clean
    Every pro bodybuilder eats "clean"?
    OK...

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Discuss.
    Oh I always eat clean.

I spray windex on every bite of food. Don't want it to be dirty