Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Runic is just really nice. (+1000) Runic is just really nice. (+1000) Runic is just really nice. (+1000) Runic is just really nice. (+1000) Runic is just really nice. (+1000) Runic is just really nice. (+1000) Runic is just really nice. (+1000) Runic is just really nice. (+1000) Runic is just really nice. (+1000) Runic is just really nice. (+1000) Runic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    How does one know when genetics is the issue? How many years does it take? My opinion has always been that most guys never even get close to their genetic limit before quitting, and for most, they simply never begin in the first place.
    Exactly... I am so sick of the genetics argument. Most people use it as a cop out for why they arent progressing. Until they can take a blood sample and give me my maximum potential on paper it is irrelevant to me.
    Workout Log ( currently Big Beyond Belief by Leo Costa )
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134605591

christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by inspired_art View Post
    And how do you go about knowing what good form is? Watching a guy doing 300 lbs bent-over barbell rows with a rounded back, you KNOW he's doing it wrong, but how do you know that doing 50 lbs yourself that you are in perfect form?
    Not the point.
    You practice what you think is good form and then trying to lift more weight it goes to sh*t.
    The moral is not to sacrifice weight for form.
    Now if you don't know what good form is that's another story.
    The chances of your form improving from whatever it was as the weight goes past your capabilities are slim.
    It tends to suffer.
    As a rule of thumb people tend to throw in extra muscle in a lift to get heavier weights up.

drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    You've stumbled upon one of the "secrets" of bodybuilding. More isn't always better..... better is better.
    Logged on to compliment this motto of sorts. Extremely well said Charles!

-Drew
    "Anyone seen my coffee?"

Registered User Bladerunner1811's Avatar
    Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Zeke5 View Post
    I was taking pictures at my gym of various people working out for poster collages that I make to go up on the wall. I asked this huge competitive bodybuilder if I could get some shots of him working out and he was very cool about it and even posed with another bodybuilder- most of the big guys in my gym are really nice.

He was using the hi row lat machine, like I do, and my own competitiveness came out and I had to check out how much weight he was lifting. I was shocked to see that he was using the same weight that I did. I was mystified by this because this guy was gigantic- way bigger than me.

So I paid a little more attention and noticed he did the movement perfectly- chest pushed against the padded support, no leaning back or jerking the weight like I do. His torso stayed motionless and his lats did all the work.

So when I was on the same machine the next day I tried to copy his style, at 90 lbs. less weight, and my back was so sore the next day I was forced to admit to myself that I was being sloppy in my workouts. So now I’ve really focused on improving my form and after doing chest, back, and arms in this way I’m using less weight but my muscles are fried. My shoulders and elbows aren't hurting like before.

I’m really excited now about getting back to the gym each day.

So when I hear disparaging remarks about the big guys, lessening their achievements by laying the cause on drugs, freaky genetics, and other growth inducers that the average Joe doesn’t have, I have to smile. While those factors may have big effects on why the big guys are big, this beast showed that focus and form are part of the total equation as well.

And those ARE available to us average Joes.

Zeke
    (The newly inspired guy at the hi row machine)

Well you have discovered part of the secret.
    Remember this :Better gradually combined over time with more equals perfection !"
    Last edited by Bladerunner1811; 07-07-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    Barbarism in the natural state of mankind.Civilzation is unnatural.It is the whim of circumstance.And barbarism must always ultimately triumph.

-----Robert E.Howard
    From the Conan tale:

Beyond the Black river

Registered User Bladerunner1811's Avatar
    Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000) Bladerunner1811 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Runic View Post
    Exactly... I am so sick of the genetics argument. Most people use it as a cop out for why they arent progressing. Until they can take a blood sample and give me my maximum potential on paper it is irrelevant to me.
    It would still be irrelevant to me,because i'm the kind of guy that is head strong enough to try to defy even my own genetics!
    Barbarism in the natural state of mankind.Civilzation is unnatural.It is the whim of circumstance.And barbarism must always ultimately triumph.

-----Robert E.Howard
    From the Conan tale:

Beyond the Black river

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by drewkawa View Post
    Logged on to compliment this motto of sorts. Extremely well said Charles!

-Drew
    Thanks, Drew. I did a little research, and I found out that Kimsquit was actually the first to introduce this phrase to the forums here. It's been echoed by a lot of us, because it's so logical in it's simplicity.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)