Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    summer recomp/maintenance 66jzmstr's Avatar
    66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Saturday, 9-17-11: CUT SUMMARY & PROGRESS PHOTOS

This wasn't the first time I had dieted, but it was my first cut, and definitely my first cut following a specific protocol, that being Leangains. I think it went pretty well. (Review: I lifted 3x/wk, MonWedFri. Workout days were 2100 calories. Rest days were 1600 calories. My maintenance was calculated at 2660 calories.)

=Goals Revisited=
    (The following quotation is from the initial post I made to start this cutting log.)
    I aim to lose body fat but maintain my strength. A supplementary goal not as related to this cut is to rehab my re-aggravated lower back, which is currently having me substitute my deadlifts and squats for lunges for lower body compound exercises.
    I lost about 20lbs over 12 weeks (see below). Unfortunately, tracking my strength is less straightforward, as I swapped out lifts rather often depending if I had plateaued in certain lifts or suspected certain lifts to aggravate my back injury. Here are some of the few, basic lifts that I had performed both before my cut and in the final week of my cut.

Before Cut: 205 x 6 Bench Press, 52.5 x 6 Weighted Chin-Ups, 32.5 x 6 Weighted Pull-Ups, 45 x 8 Weighted Back Extensions.

After Cut: 215 x 2 Bench Press, 70 x 5 Weighted Chin-Ups, 55 x 5 Weighted Chin-Ups, 90 x 12 Weighted Back Extensions.

What about legs? I began with lunges, tweaked my back doing them, then switched to leg extensions and tweaked the back on those (wtf?!), then tried Bulgarian split squats, which I progressed in weight through the end of my cut. (No previous history with this exercise for comparison.) My upper-body presses actually gained in strength over the first third or half of my cut, but then declined. My upper-body pulling exercises increased, but factoring in my lighter body weight, one could possibly argue that my pulling strength merely maintained. I'm happy with these results, though. As for the lower back, it's been up and down, but it's taught me (the hard way, sometimes) to back off when something doesn't feel right, and although I'm not yet where I want to be, it's markedly better than where I had started.

=Weigh-In Summary=
    June 23rd: 184.2lbs (starting weight)
    July 1st: 178.1lbs
    July 8th: 176.8lbs
    July 15th: 176.2lbs
    July 22nd: 175.1lbs
    July 29th: 174.0lbs
    Aug 5th: 173.1lbs
    Aug 12th: 171.2lbs
    Aug 19th: 170.5lbs
    Aug 26th: 168.7lbs
    Sep 2nd: 166.1lbs
    Sep 9th: 164.6lbs
    Sep 16th: 164.4lbs (ending weight)

=12-Week Progress Photos=
    My apologies, as the soul-stealer on my iPhone is still as sh*ttay as ever. All of the following were taken the morning after my end-of-cut feast meal last night. (For those looking for my Week 6 - i.e. half-way - progress photos, please find them here.)

June 23rd (night before cut) vs. September 17th (morning after cut).

September 17th (alternate angle).

BONUS: Like last time: Not flexed! I'm calling this "slightly unrelaxed." (notsrs, j/k)

=Final Thoughts=
    • For the first time in my life, the fat covering my lower abs no longer juts out farther than my relatively lean upper abs. I still have fat covering those lower abs, but it's far less now. The new, smaller pants (31x34) I bought for work at the start of this cut are now roomy and require a belt to not sag or fall off. (I moved two notches on my belt and need to punch a new notch, as it's still loose even cinched up on the final notch.)
    • I got a DXA scan on September 16th before the final meals and workout of this cut. (I'm linking the five-page PDF document to this post.) "Total Body Fat" is listed as 12.3%, which is where I thought I started this cut. The technician actually laughed at my reaction upon reading that number, then turning to page four, explaining that this "Total" also includes "Essential Fat" (i.e. your brain, nerve insulation, organ tissue covering, etc.), and once this essential fat was subtracted from the "total body fat" it resulted in 8.26% body fat (again, shown on page 4). I was expecting under 10% but not that far. This "Essential Fat" versus "Non-Essential Fat" discrepancy leaves things up for debate I suppose, but even before deciding on getting a DXA scan, I had settled upon the fact that I gauge my body composition - and my satisfaction with it - upon how my clothes fit, how I look in the mirror, how I feel, and to a much smaller extent, what the scale tells me. So, 12.3%, 8.3%, or somewhere in between: I'm not really concerned. I lost a lot of weight and more or less maintained strength, I look better, and I feel great. The PDF file is a little too big to attach here, but hopefully this MediaFire link works: DXA Scan Report.
    • Final, Final Impressions: IF & Leangains FTW! This was surprisingly easy, both in terms of managing my cut and in its sustainability. I loved it. Who knew you could eat huge meals and have ice cream damn near every night and still achieve single-digit body fat levels? I have been IF'ing most of the year and have no reasons to stop, even just eating at maintenance.

=What's Next?=
    Beginning tomorrow, I'll spend two weeks eating at maintenance a la Full Diet Break to recalibrate my whoremoans to my new body composition, taking in around 150g or more of CHO a day but without calorie cycling. I'll do my best to not set foot in the gym during said two weeks, but run sprints twice a week to let my muscles experience some different work. I had planned to begin in early October a Leangains bulk, which would start with a deload on all my exercises from this cut. I don't want to take any shortcuts and risk the progress my lower back has made in healing this summer, so it may be the planned two weeks, or it could be a month and a half out. Either way, I'll update this thread when I've decided I'm ready to go. I don't want to bulk without deadlifts and squats, both of which I missed during this cut. (I may or may not log my bulk. We'll see how my workload this academic year treats me starting next week.)

Thanks to everyone who visited, chimed in, offered insights, asked questions, or just drooled at food pr0n!
    Diligence, patience, persistence.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good Job, Dave man.

I will buy 8%, I would say 7% but 8% sounds good too. Incredible transformation, you got stronger while getting eff you lean. Enjoy the diet break, and enjoy the bulk. I see more ice cream in your future.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Jizzful progress. Another one into my inspirational list
    [Watdo?] - Want (''should'' for you naggers) bulk.

Serving true tea for weight-losers
    Literally die during squat
    Home gym-er
    Inadequate/improper lifting equipment
    Pop music sucker \m/

Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    damn good job man, youve definitely earned those brews!
    Respect and Honor

His name was Death, and Hell followed with him

"if death was a god. there is only one thing to say to death, Not today"

Lelaki Bangunan Seksi LengthyLifter's Avatar
    LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Impressive and inspiring results. I'd be disappointed if you didn't log your bulk.
    [Watdo? Crew] - GET HENCH!

MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow, great job man!

Log your bulk!!
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

June 2012: 112 lbs.
    March 2015: 150 lbs.

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    nice job dude. Are those first two relaxed?

rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000) rimduglep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Obviously, your cut went really well. Summaries like yours should be stickied for people that don't think that have fat to lose when they are as lean as you were in the before pic. Looking at your before pic, I think most newbies would think that you were only 5 or 6 pounds away from looking like you do now... But that is obviously not the case. I was even surprised.
    Keep your blood clean, your body lean, and your mind sharp. - Henry Rollins.

Goal: Leaner and stronger than ever, low 170s, by 6/17/2018.

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    good job!

Christian Insulin Spiker raiku5's Avatar
    raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Killed IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Job man!!!! So happy for you!
    Yo well I decided i'm going to stay on this site and not say bye....why because I want to(and some people said to just lurk if I enjoy it and still post so I will because I enjoy it) :p I will give an update if asked so yeaaa

Overall Goal:200lbs 10%bf
    Short term:120lbs at whatever bf% lower than 16%
    What I want:To be taller haha
    Feel Free to send me pm's :p

diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This just makes me realize I still have years to go lol.
    Very nice, Dave....Very nice! (little bit of homo)
    **CAN Army Veteran**
    TF 3-09 Roto 8

ppietr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ppietr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ppietr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looking cut as hell man! awesome job man. You should include a side triceps and lat pose! curious how those turned out! testimonials like yours give me even more motivation to breeze past my 5 weeks left on leangains + IF. Im aiming for a 25-30lb total loss, 19 lbs lost so far.

Your story truly proves the fact that a diet doesn't have to be painful, and further shows that leangains works really well!. IT Can be very enjoyable and you can eat whatever food you please if you are smart about it!
    B.S. Kinesiology, C.S.C.S.
    ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
    NESTA Group Fitness Certified

wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 66jzmstr View Post
    Thanks to everyone who visited, chimed in, offered insights, asked questions, or just drooled at food pr0n!
    excellent results! bravo and thanks for keeping such a meticulous and useful log. others will appreciate it. i know i do.

how about some summary 'leangains' or general pointers for people following your path?

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great progress Dave. Very good aesthetics all around. Once you're confident your lower back is healed up and ready to handle heavy deads and squats I think you'll have a very productive leangaining phase. Especially considering leangains is best suited to people who are already lean, and I wouldn't call you fat

Now go and enjoy your full diet break, just make sure it doesn't end up being a full diet break

FBZP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FBZP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent work Dave, congrats on reaching your goals, you must be well happy. It's been great following this thread and has given me great food ideas including adding in some pop tarts and Ben&Jerrys into my routine

Thanks to you for your help with working out my calorie intake. Since your advice in the last three weeks I have seen some good weight loss and am approaching my goals too.

All the best

Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Awesome progress!!

MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    great job on the cut man. all while eating better(tastier) than most people who are bulking or maintaining....my next cut ill be doing IF for sure
    xTUNAx CREW
    SOYBOY CREW

Will_Purity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_Purity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_Purity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_Purity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_Purity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_Purity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_Purity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_Purity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_Purity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_Purity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will_Purity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nothing short of amazing!
    Outstanding results as a result of outstanding effort!

Inspiring as fuaaaaark!
    Recomp Log;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144600271&p=877593591#post877593591

66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    Good Job, Dave man.

I will buy 8%, I would say 7% but 8% sounds good too. Incredible transformation, you got stronger while getting eff you lean. Enjoy the diet break, and enjoy the bulk. I see more ice cream in your future.
    Thanks, Nat! You're right: three-quarters of a pint of B&J's Cake Batter tonight.

Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLover View Post
    Jizzful progress. Another one into my inspirational list
    Thanks, mang!

Originally Posted by Redesign2alpha View Post
    damn good job man, youve definitely earned those brews!
    Thanks, RD2A! I had some good stuff last night!

Originally Posted by LengthyLifter View Post
    Impressive and inspiring results. I'd be disappointed if you didn't log your bulk.
    Thanks! I probably will, although it wouldn't be quite as detailed (breaking down macros for each specific meal, etc.)

Originally Posted by MJFan1 View Post
    Wow, great job man!

Log your bulk!!
    Thanks, MJ! Probably will.

Originally Posted by jon1995 View Post
    nice job dude. Are those first two relaxed?
    Yup, relaxed on the first, two. Twisting a tad to my left in the second shot might have engaged 'em a little bit, but yeah, they're both relaxed.

Originally Posted by rimduglep View Post
    Obviously, your cut went really well. Summaries like yours should be stickied for people that don't think that have fat to lose when they are as lean as you were in the before pic. Looking at your before pic, I think most newbies would think that you were only 5 or 6 pounds away from looking like you do now... But that is obviously not the case. I was even surprised.
    Thanks, and I hear ya': There's always more to lose (fat-wise) than one initially assumes.

Originally Posted by jshpark View Post
    good job!
    Thanks, mang!

Originally Posted by raiku5 View Post
    Killed IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Job man!!!! So happy for you!
    Thanks, raiku! Have a killer CC season, mang!

Originally Posted by diesel_3 View Post
    This just makes me realize I still have years to go lol.
    Very nice, Dave....Very nice! (little bit of homo)
    Thanks, Mack. You're not years off, and more importantly, you're on the right track, so keep killin' it. Congrats on the new job, too! Can't wait to see what you get with that new Costco membership soon.

Originally Posted by ppietr2 View Post
    looking cut as hell man! awesome job man. You should include a side triceps and lat pose! curious how those turned out! testimonials like yours give me even more motivation to breeze past my 5 weeks left on leangains + IF. Im aiming for a 25-30lb total loss, 19 lbs lost so far.

Your story truly proves the fact that a diet doesn't have to be painful, and further shows that leangains works really well!. IT Can be very enjoyable and you can eat whatever food you please if you are smart about it!
    Thanks, Pietr! You're nailing your cut - post some pics when you've finished! And solid point regarding food. Posts from new brosephs asking for affirmation to their bland list of "cutting meals" is so unnecessary. BBQ'ed meat and ice cream is where's it's at.

Originally Posted by wonkers View Post
    excellent results! bravo and thanks for keeping such a meticulous and useful log. others will appreciate it. i know i do.

how about some summary 'leangains' or general pointers for people following your path?
    Thanks, man! General pointers: Hit your cals and macros but make sure you're doing so with food you enjoy; Leangains off-days don't need to be keto (as I had done sometimes in the first few weeks) and fat isn't evil on a workout day if you keep it in check; give calorie levels two solid weeks to see how you do on them before tweaking/reducing/increasing them.

Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Great progress Dave. Very good aesthetics all around. Once you're confident your lower back is healed up and ready to handle heavy deads and squats I think you'll have a very productive leangaining phase. Especially considering leangains is best suited to people who are already lean, and I wouldn't call you fat

Now go and enjoy your full diet break, just make sure it doesn't end up being a full diet break
    I got some bingeing out of my system last night. "Diet break" macros and cals are back on point today. Thanks for all the input and help along the way, Shazriki! I'll be steadily checking your food pr0nz - always tasty eats in the Kaizen log!

Originally Posted by FBZP View Post
    Excellent work Dave, congrats on reaching your goals, you must be well happy. It's been great following this thread and has given me great food ideas including adding in some pop tarts and Ben&Jerrys into my routine

Thanks to you for your help with working out my calorie intake. Since your advice in the last three weeks I have seen some good weight loss and am approaching my goals too.

All the best
    Glad to hear it! Keep up the solid work!

Originally Posted by Ashlei View Post
    Awesome progress!!
    Thanks, Ashlei!

Originally Posted by MITCHAPAL00ZA View Post
    great job on the cut man. all while eating better(tastier) than most people who are bulking or maintaining....my next cut ill be doing IF for sure
    Nice! Shoot me the link if you happen to log your next cut!

Originally Posted by Will_Purity View Post
    Nothing short of amazing!
    Outstanding results as a result of outstanding effort!

Inspiring as fuaaaaark!
    Thanks, Will!

benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hell yeah bro!!

extatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extatic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well done man, you've done fantastic!

also thanks for all the advice you give me, appreciate it! Started enjoying my ol' favourite, full cream double chocolate ice cream

bigjimmy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjimmy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjimmy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjimmy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjimmy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjimmy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjimmy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjimmy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjimmy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjimmy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigjimmy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    WOW just been thru this log and cannot believe your determination and will power on this journey. You really deserved the epic results you got.

I just wanted to ask how you planned to incorporate IF'ing into your bulk as I am currently bulking and am attempting to do this atm but am not 100% sure on the best method. (my log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=137252883, only main difference I can see is I train early AM) so if you have any tips/pointers that would be great.

Thx

Jimmy
    Jimmy's FULK to 180lbs+ a 1000lb Total!!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151587473

Originally Posted by benjiaka View Post
    Hell yeah bro!!
    Thanks, Benji!

Originally Posted by extatic View Post
    Well done man, you've done fantastic!

also thanks for all the advice you give me, appreciate it! Started enjoying my ol' favourite, full cream double chocolate ice cream
    YEAH!!! Gotta work in that ice cream. Glad to hear it, Ex!

Originally Posted by bigjimmy123 View Post
    WOW just been thru this log and cannot believe your determination and will power on this journey. You really deserved the epic results you got.

I just wanted to ask how you planned to incorporate IF'ing into your bulk as I am currently bulking and am attempting to do this atm but am not 100% sure on the best method. (my log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=137252883, only main difference I can see is I train early AM) so if you have any tips/pointers that would be great.

Thx

Jimmy
    Thanks, Jimmy! Actually, not too much willpower was needed, believe it or not. Using Leangains and IF with just two meals yielded relatively big meals despite the 5500-calorie weekly deficit, and hitting up the gym only three times a week for 45 minutes a pop let me live the rest of my life, so it wasn't bad at all. As for the bulk, I plan to eat at maintenance four days a week, then eat about 600 calories over maintenance on my three workout days (again, all following Leangains). I'm going to try that once the back heals even more, and then tweak it as need be.

sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Totally amazing Dave! It has been wonderful watching your daily food porn and I really looked forward to it! You gave me so many great ideas to spice things up a bit! Best of luck to you on your journey ahead!
    IG: sarasayshi76

wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10) wonkers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 66jzmstr View Post
    Thanks, Jimmy! Actually, not too much willpower was needed, believe it or not. Using Leangains and IF with just two meals yielded relatively big meals despite the 5500-calorie weekly deficit, and hitting up the gym only three times a week for 45 minutes a pop let me live the rest of my life, so it wasn't bad at all. As for the bulk, I plan to eat at maintenance four days a week, then eat about 600 calories over maintenance on my three workout days (again, all following Leangains). I'm going to try that once the back heals even more, and then tweak it as need be.
    This is useful to know and thanks again for sharing. I'm also on a loose Leangains.com IF (mostly 16 hour fasts, sometimes a bit less, some days i feel like having breakfast but mostly IF) and I find that it works pretty good considering how useful it is.

Regarding the workouts: did you try IF with anything more than 3 days a week? I currently go 5 days a week for about 45 minutes and sometimes the energy is a bit low although I am cutting on around 1600 kcals a day.

Originally Posted by sarasayshi View Post
    Totally amazing Dave! It has been wonderful watching your daily food porn and I really looked forward to it! You gave me so many great ideas to spice things up a bit! Best of luck to you on your journey ahead!
    Thanks, Sara! I got some good ideas from you too, and it's been awesome watching your progress come along as well!

Originally Posted by wonkers View Post
    This is useful to know and thanks again for sharing. I'm also on a loose Leangains.com IF (mostly 16 hour fasts, sometimes a bit less, some days i feel like having breakfast but mostly IF) and I find that it works pretty good considering how useful it is.

Regarding the workouts: did you try IF with anything more than 3 days a week? I currently go 5 days a week for about 45 minutes and sometimes the energy is a bit low although I am cutting on around 1600 kcals a day.
    I miss breakfast sometimes, but moreso the food than having food in the morning, so tonight I had eggs with aged sharp cheddar and course black pepper on top. And baby back ribs. And almost a pint of ice cream. (Kept it under 2600 calories for the day though - my maintenance.) For lifting, I never went more than three days. I couldn't see any benefit personally to me doing so. Some people enjoy going more, but going on three days a week for workouts really made the cut that much more sustainable. (My workouts were actually fun. I think if I had to drag myself in there five days a week though, I'd start to loathe it. That's just me, though.) I'm also not sure if/how the benefits of macro-cycling (and its use of insulin sensitivity) with only two rest days (lower carb, higher fat) a week would suffer, but if it's working for you, go for it.

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dave, great work man!

Due to a huge workload at university I unfortunately haven't been able to visit your log in the past weeks. However I saw Martin's tweet about this thread (5 minutes ago, did you know?) so that's how I got back to it.

Anyway, great work and fantastic results man! I do have a few questions if you don't mind answering;
    - did you cycle carbs/fat like the "protocol" states (i.e. high carb on training days, high fat on off days)?
    - at what time of the day did you train and/or approximately what % of calories did you have post-wo?
    - did you do any higher calorie days or refeeds/cheats or was 2100 the maximum in these 12 weeks?

Also, I can definitely relate to the 'less is more' when it comes to training, especially when cutting. Until recently I was going at 4 x per week + cardio and the diet was hard to maintain. Now I cut back (I had to) to lifting 3 x a week and cardio only on free days when I feel like it. Cycling calories again, like you did, and all in all it's a lot better this way.

Keep it up buddy, excited to see your bulking progress! Must feel amazing at this BF! enjoy the break

jolmscheid will become famous soon enough. (+50) jolmscheid will become famous soon enough. (+50) jolmscheid will become famous soon enough. (+50) jolmscheid will become famous soon enough. (+50) jolmscheid will become famous soon enough. (+50) jolmscheid will become famous soon enough. (+50) jolmscheid will become famous soon enough. (+50) jolmscheid will become famous soon enough. (+50) jolmscheid will become famous soon enough. (+50) jolmscheid will become famous soon enough. (+50) jolmscheid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good stuff! I totally agree...hit your calorie goal and you can pretty much eat whatever you want!

ppietr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ppietr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ppietr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    martin berkhan tweeted your results!!!! hahaha good **** bro, i was like yeeeeeee
    B.S. Kinesiology, C.S.C.S.
    ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
    NESTA Group Fitness Certified

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Great job dude.

Martin posted this on his Facebook, not sure how I missed this thread earlier.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19