Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    ya that is what I figured but ...yesterday I had
    protein shake with 2 scoops whey/water and coffee for breakfast
    eggs/bacon lunch
    pork,zuchini/salad dinner
    still drank a shake after dinner
    still came up waaay short.
    it's ticking me off actually...
    i know what you mean! i sooo struggle getting my calories in and my macros right. esp fats.
    Like a laser beam!!! :P

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    Well, I will tell you this. There are people out there getting paid BIG money to figure out the best way to get athletes to reach their goals. Proven programs work because they are actually proven, lol. If muscle hypertrophy was as simple as doing a little of this and a little of that and being okay with it as long as you can lift more the next week then people would be getting paid to figure out other things. Progression, rep schemes, volume, tempo, periodization.....all of these things factor into programs that have been intensively studied and used.

I don't understand about picking the "best" program. Unless you try it, how do you know what is "best"? And what is good for one goal one year may be different for the next goal six months down the road. You want one that looks like what you already do, right? If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got. Or something like that lol. What is the purpose of the idea "if I do an upper body thing, then I make sure to do a lower body thing to balance it out"? That doesn't really make any sense to me at all. If you are doing a FULL BODY day, then do a full body day! Chest, back, shoulders, legs, abs.

Also, at least do your big stuff first and the iso stuff last or not at all. Butterflies are an accessory, not a compound. They actually don't do a whole lot for your chest compared to the myriad of other things out there but you always have them first. Step ups are a compound, not an accessory. Leg extensions are WAY inferior to compounds because a leg compound exercise hits more than your quads (it hits, adductors/abductors, hams, glutes as well as quads).

I just see so many women be all wishy washy with their training and I fervently urge them to take the bull by the horns and really ride it! Those are some of the chicks who spin their wheels, in my opinion. Do you ALWAYS have to do a program? No. Once you can train intuitively, programs are not a requirement. But the upper level bodybuilders often PAY for specific programs, they trust them that much.

Just because you are still progressing in strength gains does not mean you couldn't do better, especially with hypertrophy goals.

Off soapbox! But that goes for you Vanessa, too, lol. If WEG were here I would be waving at her as well hee hee. Pick something and stick it. I
    haven't been in here in 3 months or so, hows the physical progress coming along? Just something to ask yourself.
    ya I am aware leg extensions are not compound and that butterflies are an accesory..I just added leg extensions for the hell of it to see what I could do. I am trying to up my bench so I take turns doing the bench press, doing butterflies, pec/des, iron cross and tricep work to strengthen it up.
    compounds first for the day ya mean? hmm..sometimes I alternate with other stuff while I am resting in between sets..also the order I list them on here is just the order I got them written down on paper and NOT the order I do them..
    I always do a compound Row..always..and design the rest around it.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by danika1982 View Post
    i know what you mean! i sooo struggle getting my calories in and my macros right. esp fats.
    I still dont have this figured out but I am getting better at this! did pretty good with my protein yesterday..got it up to 160's.

Originally Posted by DubfromGA View Post
    Very good eats and awesome stats on that food. ^^^^^^^^^^^

What is your desired number on protein ?

It does seem tough to get elevated levels but keep calories down. Looks like you are carving out room by limiting those carbs. That demonstrates a heap of discipline. Impressive. I'm trying to do the same. Doubly impressive is that you are doing this and lifting hard.

I've got to locate some of those no-carb Monsters. I wasn't aware of them.

Gritty determination for the long haul > momentary frustrations. You are doing great.
    oooh about 180 grams..protein but that may or may not be possible at 1800 calories a day..

felt weaker today on the deads...could be those 100 lb step ups I did the other day..
    155 x 5
    160 x 5
    165 x 3
    170 x 3
    175 x 3
    180 x 2 could not get the 3rd one up
    okay then it was a back/lat day
    200 lbs
    behind neck
    3 x 5
    wide grips
    3 x 5
    reverse grips
    3 x 5
    narrow grip
    3 x 5
    macros today 1829: 75 carbs, 87 fats, 180 proteins...better on the protein
    I am hungry..sigh!

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ya I am aware leg extensions are not compound and that butterflies are an accesory..I just added leg extensions for the hell of it to see what I could do. I am trying to up my bench so I take turns doing the bench press, doing butterflies, pec/des, iron cross and tricep work to strengthen it up.
    compounds first for the day ya mean? hmm..sometimes I alternate with other stuff while I am resting in between sets..also the order I list them on here is just the order I got them written down on paper and NOT the order I do them..
    I always do a compound Row..always..and design the rest around it.
    Okay, what about the REST of my post, lol? About periodization/progression/rep schematas....

oooh about 180 grams..protein but that may or may not be possible at 1800 calories a day..
    That is about 720 calories, so you have 1100 still left. It is totally possible. Eat more volume carbs to fill you up. You may want to take some of your fat cals and allocate to carbs, it might make you feel better/more full. Or not. That part takes experimentation. I wouldn't eat bacon, for example, because its basically empty calories, but alot of them. I would put that towards something more macro-valuable that will help me with hunger and protein levels.

If you are going to have a back day that has deadlifts, you need to move it away from a leg day. I am not sure if you are doing full body or a split here, its confusing. Some days appear to be an attempt at full body, others look split?
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    Okay, what about the REST of my post, lol? About periodization/progression/rep schematas....

That is about 720 calories, so you have 1100 still left. It is totally possible. Eat more volume carbs to fill you up. You may want to take some of your fat cals and allocate to carbs, it might make you feel better/more full. Or not. That part takes experimentation. I wouldn't eat bacon, for example, because its basically empty calories, but alot of them. I would put that towards something more macro-valuable that will help me with hunger and protein levels.

If you are going to have a back day that has deadlifts, you need to move it away from a leg day. I am not sure if you are doing full body or a split here, its confusing. Some days appear to be an attempt at full body, others look split?
    oh like I know anything about most of that stuff Row..I have been systematically moving up in my weights all winter long while eating more calories..I have gotten stronger and can lift a lot more then when I started with just the bar last fall..on some days I lift sets of 12 with lower weights or til exhausted..on some days I may only do sets of five if lifting heavy..ya i know its kinda nuts and all over the place..I have this idea in my head that both will work together to produce growth..I am not saying I am right...sheesh just saying it is what I have been doing so far..ya I know its a hodge podge and impossible to figure out..
    If I do deads at the beginning of the week then I cannot even attempt to do say, squats til two or three days later..til my legs feel strong again. so on the in between day? I fill it in with other stuff..sometimes its bench or shoulder work..so if it looks like mostly upper body that is because...uh..it is

what do you mean by volume carbs...carbs worry me ya know...ate too many of them for too many years and got really fat doing it..you mean veggies?

macros 1837: 94 carbs, 83 fats, 180 protein..doing alright so far. not hungry today

macros 1842 94 carbs 75 fats 193 prots
    squats
    135 warm up x 5
    145 x 5
    155 x 5
    165 x 3
    170 x 3
    175 x 3
    bench
    warm up
    75 x 5
    85 x 5
    95 x 3
    105 x 3
    110 fail
    triceps
    pushdowns 45lbs
    3 x 8
    tricep overhead extentions
    37 1/2 lbs
    3 x 8
    dips 30

gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow great numbers on the squats and the bench!

Originally Posted by gwnorth View Post
    Wow great numbers on the squats and the bench!
    Ya? thanks...I feel like a weakling most of the time..especially on the bench..
    macros today: 1808 96 carbs, 72fats, 183 proteins..
    another couple weeks to go at this 1800 level to see what if anything is happening..
    could be pyschological but I have not felt strong for a couple days now..on the good side..not hungry

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey girl..
    How have you been..It's been a trying week at my house. Can i come live with you...lol
    Hugs.....
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Hey V...what has been going on?
    macros: 1599 66 carbs 58fats 192 proteins
    abs work from yesterday..
    standing crunches 130lbs x 50
    standing side bends 100 lbs 3 x 8
    sitting torso rotations 90lbs 3 x 10
    weighted crunches 90lbs 3 x 10

ab glider 85
    35 crunches
    35 pelvic tilts

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great looking workout

You know...just life. What's up with you..how is school...
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

deads today
    155 lbs warm up x 5
    150 x 5
    145 x 5
    140 x 5
    135 x 5
    125 x 5

115 x 5
    back and lats
    3 x 12
    4 kinds

macros: 1681 68 carbs, 63 fats, 203 prots
    workout:
    shoulders..
    lateral raises 30lbs
    3 x 12
    overhead extensions
    30lbs 3 x 5
    25lbs 3 x 8
    bent over rows with barbell
    35lbs x 8
    45 x 8
    50 x 8
    55 x 8
    65 x 8
    70 x 8
    seated rows on bowflex 210 lbs x 100
    leg extensions 170lbs x 100

1487: 44 carbs, 43 fats, 199 proteins

worried about this cut...
    worried its not gonna work
    worried I'll do something drastic and jinx myself
    worried about all the ED issues I carry around with me
    this is the end of the third week. I dont feel or look a d*mn bit different
    ya..my calories are getting lower then 1800..I see it and dont really care.
    see this what I do to myself..
    if 1800 isnt working then 1600 then 1400...
    sticking to the diet is not the issue
    i have starved myself as punishment many many times before..
    I hate that my stomach sticks out more then it did last fall
    I dont care how much abs I built underneath..
    what good is if I never get to see them..
    ya I am stronger
    so what..like I need to be a bigger me..
    what if it just never happens? what if this is as good as it gets?

I know what you mean..I am in the same boat. It seems like i take one step forward and go two steps back.. I will lose a few pounds and then gain them back and the thing is i am doing nothing different. I have been gaining and losing the same 5-6 pounds for months..I am wondering if this is as good as it gets too. Some mornings i wake up and think screw it I am 46 why am i killing myself. I look around and i see people my size and bigger who seems so happy and at peace with who they are..why can't this be me..I just can't see being 135-140 pounds at 5'2 ..the tummy/hips thing is what is driving me mad.
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000)
    LBM you made a good point in one of my posts - about having an image in your mind of what you want to look like and not feeling satisfied if you haven't reached it. Now I get to return the favour.
    Remember this advice:

when it comes to that nasty voice that creeps in your head...
    the one that likes to tell you things like
    you're too old
    too weak
    too dumb
    too out of shape
    you will never look like------ no matter how hard you try
    you know that voice? It is not your friend. it is the enemy
    tell that voice to f*ck off! now practice it over and over til you mean it!

Lately when I feel like this I've been trying to focus on the process, the journey if you will, rather than the end result. I've come to realize that I have perfectionist ideals with average ability. I will never attain the level at which I feel successful, so now I try to find satisfaction in the little victories. The battle contributes to who you are. Small consolation on those frustrating days when you look in the mirror and are dissatisfied by the image you see reflected back at you, but I try to latch on to the inner you. Wouldn't it be great if our outsides were a reflection of who we are on the inside? I've read your journal. You've been through so much and yet you've given of yourself so much to your family and you continously provide support to others on this board. You should be proud of who you are, whether you lose the weight or not - but you will.

You need to trust in the process. It will happen. Trust me, I've been through it twice.

Don't sabotage your success by cutting your calories too low. Stick with the plan. It will happen, but it is slow. It's kind of like 2 steps forwards and 1 step back. So many things can disguise the progress you are making to the point that you think it isn't. For me trying to see changes in the mirror is useless. I see myself everyday so it's hard to see the progress. What I found kept me motivated was tracking my measurements (and realizing that while some may not seem to be budging others are, so progress is being made). You can also try taking progress photos every 3 months or so. Then the progress is more visually aparent.

haaahaaaa
    quoting me back to me...I love it!
    yes, the enemy in my head is a strong one
    one I have battled my entire life..
    some days its hard to ignore it..
    I am impatient by nature..I dont wanna wait..I want it to happen right now!
    yes, I was using the scale and the measurements before...but I bulked up a bit this winter
    so I have avoided them both for right now..
    just mad at me today..happens sometimes..
    always better at giving advice to others then listening to it myself
    I am my own worst enemy.

macros: 1568 77 carbs. 51 fats 196 proteins
    workout today was
    squats: trying something new..
    135 x 5 warm up
    145 x 5
    150 x 5
    155 x 5
    160 x 3
    150 x 3
    140 x 3
    130 x 3
    115 x 8
    115 x 8
    bench
    75 x 5 warm up
    80 x 5
    85 x 5
    90 x 3
    100 x 3
    90 x 3
    80 x 3
    70 x 12
    70 x 12

Nice pyramids.

How do you feel eating that low carb?

When I was eating at a deficit, once I hit my protein and fat macros (usually didn't hit the fats and still don't) I didn't have much left over for carbs. I averaged around 100-120g Mon-Fri, and I tended to go higher on the weekends (at the expense of protein). I've been slowly increasing my carbs with my cals and while I'm definately retaining more water, I'm not sure I feel any more energetic than I did before. I guess I function pretty well without them, but I know other people get really lethargic.

rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rendylee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    worried about this cut...
    worried its not gonna work
    worried I'll do something drastic and jinx myself
    worried about all the ED issues I carry around with me
    this is the end of the third week. I dont feel or look a d*mn bit different
    ya..my calories are getting lower then 1800..I see it and dont really care.
    see this what I do to myself..
    if 1800 isnt working then 1600 then 1400...
    sticking to the diet is not the issue
    i have starved myself as punishment many many times before..
    I hate that my stomach sticks out more then it did last fall
    I dont care how much abs I built underneath..
    what good is if I never get to see them..
    ya I am stronger
    so what..like I need to be a bigger me..
    what if it just never happens? what if this is as good as it gets?
    ((hugs))

This is not as good as it is going to get, promise!! I know how you feel, but I know that how I feel and what are truths are two different things. You are determined and it is a process, doesn't happen overnight....BUT think of all that you have accomplihsed in the past few years and when you started I bet you didn't think you would get this far either...and look at you, in my eyes you are an inspiration and reading journal you are human as well.

I am looking forward to following your journey
    I would never say this is easy, but it is doable and within your capabilities!! - Nutritional Coach - CocoonFitness

Trust the process L. - Arch Angel 73

My Journal (Ren)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142464091

Originally Posted by gwnorth View Post
    Nice pyramids.

How do you feel eating that low carb?

When I was eating at a deficit, once I hit my protein and fat macros (usually didn't hit the fats and still don't) I didn't have much left over for carbs. I averaged around 100-120g Mon-Fri, and I tended to go higher on the weekends (at the expense of protein). I've been slowly increasing my carbs with my cals and while I'm definately retaining more water, I'm not sure I feel any more energetic than I did before. I guess I function pretty well without them, but I know other people get really lethargic.
    been moodier then heck this past week...worried my strength gains will be going down..but energy is still doing pretty good.

macros 1482
    92 carbs
    75 fats
    159 prots

today was an odd workout day just because I did squats on thursday and will do deads on monday so this is my in between workout..
    leg extensions: 170lbs x 50
    did some tricep work today because I hate that old lady jiggle going on in my armpits
    tricep overhead extensions 37 1/2 pd dumbell
    3 x 8
    skullcrushers 50lbs
    3 x 8
    tricep cable pushdowns 50lbs
    3 x 8
    dips on bench count of 50
    how is the cut coming along? who really knows..last night was my night at my brother's visiting with the kids so we all
    ordered pizza and I had some greek salad with mine. I dont chart my cheat meals. One a week.
    today I have had: two cups coffee, a shake, two spoonfuls of peanut butter, a shake., a glass of iced tea.
    I will eat a chicken breast, brocoli and salad for dinner.
    I am not weak. I can feel the muscles underneath this fat. I know they are there. I know I am strong. just would like to see them ya know?
    wonder how much of this is a mental battle...we do to ourselves. how many of the reasons we 'fail' are because of our emotional eating issues..
    I have been the queen of this in my life..if I was unhappy, I ate junk to drown the pain. If I was lonely, unappreciated, sad, angry..depressed..I ate and then felt horrible for doing so...punished myself by not eating for awhile then it would all begin again..for years and years and years and every year? I got just a little bit fatter.

This is what I like to call swallowing my pain instead of dealing with it.
    Now? I eat less..yell more.

Nice workout.

Now? I eat less..yell more.
    Sounds like a healthier alternative to me .

Your diet today however .

hmmm ya I was low on the macros so I added another shake before bed.
    1719 total: 93 carbs 64 fats 185 proteins.

79 carbs
    83 fats
    137 prots

1708: 94 carbs, 61 fats, 207 proteins
    deads:
    135 lbs x 5
    140 x 5
    145 x 5
    150 x 3
    155 x 3
    160 x 3
    165 x 3
    155 x 3
    145 x 3
    135 x 3