tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000)

best "time frame" for a post workout shake?

i'm just getting back into lifting again after taking a year off (wrist surgery.) getting back into my old diet is tough since i have a different job now and less time throughout the day to schedule my meals. i've always drank a MYOPLEX shake on the days that i work out, and i was previously told by a personal trainer that i have a window of 20 minutes from the end of my workout to suck down the shake - that doesnt really sound "right" to me. i mean, only 20 minutes? i used to drink one as soon as i got home (last year), but now, since my schedule is all screwy, if i drink it as soon as i get home, i end up having only about 30 minutes before i eat dinner (i dont feel like eating dinner at 11:00 at night), and my shake and dinner ending being 1 big meal instead of 2, and i know my body isnt taking advantage of all of it. so my question is: does i have more than a 20 minute window to drink the MYOPLEX where it will still effective as a post workout shake? what i'd like to do is eat dinner when i get home from my workout, then wait a little while and have the shake right before i go to sleep.

thanks in advance.

Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should drink your Post-Workout shake ( 20-25g of whey protein with 50-100grams of simple carbs) the first 15-30 minutes after training. Preferably before 30 minutes. Definately drink it before you eat dinner, not after. Exercise depletes muscle glycogen, and a high carb "recovery" drinking that shake will replenish it. Try to eat your dinner an hour after you have the Post Workout shake. I understand your schedule is tight, but try to make this work. Be as flexable as you can be.

peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    postworkout shake
    definately drink one. drop the myoplex its overpriced and doesn't contain the best ingredients. overhyped and promoted. but if you got any left use it up.
    buy yourself WHEY for postworkout. also pick up at a brewery dextrose and maltodextrin. mix whey/malto/dex. this is far superior in that the whey can immediately get in your system because the dextrose with give you an insulin spike which is necessary for the best portein absorbtion as your body is starving and the maltodextrin will replenish your liver glycogen so you may workout intesely next time.
    post lifting if you want the best gains drink this asap, not 15-30minutes later. the whey only stays in your system briefly and is likely gone in an hour or two. it is highly 'anabolic' if you eat with in an hour of finishing your workout but after your shake even if attempting to lose weight.

whey is used to get protein in your system the fastest as it also leaves the fastest. this is best in the am when you need to get some in your body after its overnight fast. mixing it with anything will slow its absorbtion(except dextrose). the various other proteins have diffeent absorbtion and digestion reates so by combining them you get a prolonged effect.

tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000)
    very interesting guys, thanks a lot. yeah, i still have a month supply of myoplex left, so i guess ill finish it off then ill pick up some whey. the problem is, i used to use whey before i started using myoplex and i saw no improvements with it, then i spoke to that personal trainer and he had me change my diet and myoplex was the only supplement he told me to use (and creatine if i felt like it, but it upsets my stomach WAY TOO MUCH.) though, i dont know if there was any difference after making the changes he told me about since i injured my wrist a week later and had to stop lifting. what the hell, ill give it a shot again, or maybe ill stick with the myoplex and add the whey on top of that, maybe have a shake in the morning like peregrine said (ive been considering adding another supplement shake in my diet anyway.)

Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always drink my shake right after my workout. But if someone is going to wait until they get home, then never wait more than 15-30minutes.

Bump on replacing the Myoplex.

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have been using a pre work out shake that consists of whey or, a mixture of proteins, that contains oats. I use Optimum Nutrition's After Max post WO. But once I use that up. I will use the same mixture as pre for post. Well my pre work out will be changing. I will be using Vendetta by Xtreme Formulations. If you want to read more about low GI carbs post WO. Do a search. Type in rippedup in the user name and insulin in the search field.
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes

zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Use your f u c k ing brain.

PERENTAL ADVISORY: Zeppelin is an as sh ole! And there are plenty of references if you need them.

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You should be drinking your shake within 45 min. after your workout, TOPS. Preferably right after your workout, as your muscles are glycogen-depleted and your body is looking to replace nutrients and glucose at any cost (which could include your muscles if you don't get in your post-workout shake).

It should be a blend of whey, dextrose or maltodextrin to stimulate insulin production and protein synthesis.

Registered User 7000rpmisheaven's Avatar
    7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by tbomb
    myoplex was the only supplement he told me to use (and creatine if i felt like it, but it upsets my stomach WAY TOO MUCH.) though, i dont know if there was any difference after making the changes he told me about since i injured my wrist a week later and had to stop lifting. what the hell, ill give it a shot again,
    I'd vote to give creatine another shot. If the loading dosages are too much try a little less like 10-15 grams. It may take a little longer to load but it should cause you any discomfort. I found that the 20 grams a day was too much but if I went with with 15g a day it was fine.

Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000) Cogar is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can also try effervescent creatine. It is more expensive, but does not require loading (they say).
    Always learning.

peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wow
    i'm interested in a preworkout drink
    sometimes for some reason my energy levels are low in the gym, and i think pwo might help. a lot of times i am going with a protein blend and some oats pwo but i might go for some protein blend with malto/dex mix.
    so pre and post i might have the same, just double it and half it. the dex will be n the higher end of the scale and i will try doing it 30-60minutes pre workout.

zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    peregrine, I really think it is a big mistake taking the dextrose further out from your training. I recommend something totally different. Did you read this explanation?

http://www.xtremeformulations.com/vendetta.html

PERENTAL ADVISORY: Zeppelin is an as sh ole! And there are plenty of references if you need them.

Zeppelin
    thanks for the link. it was a long read, but now i see it was worth it. i summarize it as preworkout is more vital than post, because exercise induces vasodilation allowing more nutrient uptake, this uptake is an oppurtunity to deliver the right mix of nutrients(8 eaas and a sucrose/fructose mix) which if done post only remains in the system so long, but pre allows a better workout, and remains in the system longer.

so Zeppelin do you still recommend a postworkout drink and if so in what form? from reading that it seems one can drop the high gi carbs cause you'll reap more benefits pre than post.

what can one mix to formulate a similar supplementation for preworkout?

Using Surge post training is entirely dependant upon your training and goals.

If you kill yourself training, 1/2 to 1 serving post as usuall. then ultra peptide 1 to 1 1/2 hours later.

Trying to gain, use it the same.

If cutting, I would simply use Ultra Peptide immediately post training, unless your blood glucose is rock bottom.

Remember, alter Vendetta use upon your response. I use 1/2 serving during warm-ups. Then drink Ice. Half way through training I have another 1/2 serving Vendetta, then more Ice. When I am finished, a whole sustained protein, aka Ultra Peptide.