UK4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Continue to cut or start a bulk?

Ok so I have been on a decent cut for about 3 months now.
    Eating about 500 calories under maintenance, getting about 1g of protein per lb bodyweight, switching up the workout a little to incorporate more compound exercises.
    I started around 191 and now I'm about 169-170. I am a lot stronger and a little but more cut up, but I don't know if I hit a wall or not. I would really like to get abs before I start a bulk, but I don't know if that will happen. Would I need to lose 5 more lbs before that could happen?
    Please let me know what you all think
    thanks!
    Last edited by UK4Life; 06-21-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You seem to be skinny and weak. Why would you cut?
    This is not the end, no it’s not even the beginning of the end. But it is perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    You seem to be skinny and weak. Why would you cut?
    I would agree with you that I'm skinny now but I'm no where close to being weak! Just wanted to know if I should get more cut before I bulk up. Don't have to be mean about it, I was just asking for advice.
    Last edited by UK4Life; 06-21-2011 at 03:07 AM.

aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by UK4Life View Post
    I would agree with you that I'm skinny now but I'm no where close to being weak! Just wanted to know if I should get more cut before I bulk up. Don't have to be mean about it, I was just asking for advice.
    I would bulk man. You don't really look like you lift in that pic. At 6' tall, 170 is pretty dam skinny!!

PushTheWeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushTheWeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushTheWeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushTheWeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushTheWeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushTheWeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushTheWeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushTheWeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushTheWeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushTheWeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) PushTheWeek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by UK4Life View Post
    cut and bulk is an oppionion kinda thing. You cant expect my answer to be what you want.

But in my opinion, you should bulk...for a long time. Im 5'9 about 188 and dont feel big enough.

UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bulk until you feel you've gained enough muscle/fat to cut. Doesn't look like you have a solid build yet so cutting would just make you look like a skinny nothingness. You need to pack on a good amount of muscle for cutting. Otherwise you'll look like a marathoner or something.
    Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

Thank you all for the advice