jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000)

Is Gold's Gym any good?

Anyone here have any experience with Gold's? The gym I currently go to sucks (just 1 ****in squat rack) and I need to switch.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you talking the actual gym or the equipment?

jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000) jamiestauber is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Are you talking the actual gym or the equipment?
    Moreso the actual gym. I'm going over there tomorrow so I'll see the equipment myself. The guy on the phone said they have two power racks. I just don't want to sign up for something that sucks lol.

JustinPSherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustinPSherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustinPSherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustinPSherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustinPSherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustinPSherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustinPSherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustinPSherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustinPSherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustinPSherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustinPSherman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If equipment availability is a big priority (as it is for just about everyone in the gym) make sure you go check it out at the time you'd use it... that way you see how busy it is and if it's actually worth it to go there. Most commercial gyms tend to be packed at peak hours, so it may be worth checking out smaller gyms in the area that don't seem at first glance to 'not suck' but will be much more worth it in the long run. I love that I can walk into my gym, do everything uninterrupted, and leave, all within an hour. Plus it's a lot more affordable than most commercials in the area.

Just my .02.

Tank.. Tank.. TAAAANK. WannaBeATank's Avatar
    WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I went to one once, and I hated it.

They had deadlift bars for squat/bench.
    You couldn't use chalk.
    The squat rack had rubber on the part where you racked the bar, which felt odd to me.
    You couldn't deadlift.
    Look me in the eye. It's okay if you are scared, so am I, but we are scared for different reasons. I am scared of what I willn't become, you are scared of what I could become. Look at me! I will not let myself end where I started, I will not let myself finish where I begin. I know what is within me, even if you can't see it yet. Look me in the eyes, I have something more important than courage, I have patience. I will become what I know I am.

Originally Posted by WannaBeATank View Post
    I went to one once, and I hated it.

They had deadlift bars for squat/bench.
    You couldn't use chalk.
    The squat rack had rubber on the part where you racked the bar, which felt odd to me.
    You couldn't deadlift.
    FML lol. I don't think I'm going to renew my apartment's lease tho in August so I'll move somewhere else. I guess I'll have to do gay training for a couple of months.

Originally Posted by JustinPSherman View Post
    If equipment availability is a big priority (as it is for just about everyone in the gym) make sure you go check it out at the time you'd use it... that way you see how busy it is and if it's actually worth it to go there. Most commercial gyms tend to be packed at peak hours, so it may be worth checking out smaller gyms in the area that don't seem at first glance to 'not suck' but will be much more worth it in the long run. I love that I can walk into my gym, do everything uninterrupted, and leave, all within an hour. Plus it's a lot more affordable than most commercials in the area.

Just my .02.
    There aren't any. I've asked cops, fireman, google, etc. Jersey City is ****in gay.

tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

if you're short

i don't know if all bench press benches are the same in all the Golds; but at 5'5" tall my arms are a bit too short to unrack the bar from the bench. i'll have to roll my shoulders up toward the bar and unrack. can be uncomfortable with heavier weights. i don't have problems with their other equipment - like the cages, or pullup/dip station. they even have bumper plates if you want to clean.

my regular is 24hr , where i don't have a problem with bench pressing.

Originally Posted by tchudt View Post
    i don't know if all bench press benches are the same in all the Golds; but at 5'5" tall my arms are a bit too short to unrack the bar from the bench. i'll have to roll my shoulders up toward the bar and unrack. can be uncomfortable with heavier weights. i don't have problems with their other equipment - like the cages, or pullup/dip station. they even have bumper plates if you want to clean.

my regular is 24hr , where i don't have a problem with bench pressing.
    I'm 6'5'' (srs).

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well most gyms have some type of 1 week free trial, I would highly suggest doing that and going every day that week, at times you would normally go, so you got no surprises.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Well most gyms have some type of 1 week free trial, I would highly suggest doing that and going every day that week, at times you would normally go, so you got no surprises.
    I have no idea why I didn't think of this with my current gym. Thanks I will definitely do this.

tightspot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tightspot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tightspot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tightspot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tightspot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tightspot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tightspot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tightspot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tightspot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tightspot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tightspot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jamiestauber View Post
    I have no idea why I didn't think of this with my current gym. Thanks I will definitely do this.
    it might worth u a try.

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I currently go to a Gold's Gym. I like it with a few exceptions:

Dumbbells only go up to 75lbs.
    Only 1 true squat rack. But at least the squat rack is set up so you can deadlift in it too.
    All multi-position benches are bolted down so you cant move away from people next to you.

Other than that, I like it. Tons of cardio equipment, never have to wait for a treadmill/eleptical/etc.
    Lots of benches to do free weights on.
    Very clean and organized.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by deadpool9 View Post
    I currently go to a Gold's Gym. I like it with a few exceptions:

Dumbbells only go up to 75lbs.
    Only 1 true squat rack. But at least the squat rack is set up so you can deadlift in it too.

Other than that, I like it. Tons of cardio equipment, never have to wait for a treadmill/eleptical/etc.
    Lots of benches to do free weights on.
    Very clean and organized.
    Same here and only $10 a month!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    75 pound dumbbells, and only 1 Squat rack. Joe Gold is probably turning over in his grave.

Times, and Gold's Gyms, have certainly changed.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Registered User JoeTheBarbarian's Avatar
    JoeTheBarbarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeTheBarbarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeTheBarbarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeTheBarbarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeTheBarbarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeTheBarbarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeTheBarbarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeTheBarbarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeTheBarbarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeTheBarbarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeTheBarbarian will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There aren't any. I've asked cops, fireman, google, etc. Jersey City is ****in gay.
    It took less than a minute on Google to find a gym called World Boxing & Fitness Center in Jersey City. I see equipment in the background in the video and I bet there isn't a juice bar.

The following link has several gyms listed that are not that far away...

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_onl...yms_in_jersey_

Last edited by JoeTheBarbarian; 06-20-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You guys who only have 75 lb. dumb bells in a Gold's Gym are getting bent over a chair. My gold's gym has dumb bells up to 250 lbs., three squat racks, three smith machines, etc. Only thing it could use more of is 1) less ****gy time pop music, and 2) more actual benches.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

Originally Posted by JoeTheBarbarian View Post
    It took less than a minute on Google to find a gym called World Boxing & Fitness Center in Jersey City. I see equipment in the background in the video and I bet there isn't a juice bar.

The following link has several gyms listed that are not that far away...

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_onl...yms_in_jersey_

That place is a half hour walk away (I dont have a car). Thanks for trying to help though.

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KingOfChaos View Post
    You guys who only have 75 lb. dumb bells in a Gold's Gym are getting bent over a chair. My gold's gym has dumb bells up to 250 lbs., three squat racks, three smith machines, etc. Only thing it could use more of is 1) less ****gy time pop music, and 2) more actual benches.
    Everyone has complained and complained, but they say they do it due to insurance costs. Young kids getting hurt/getting others hurt. Yet they allow you to load straight bars to the end.....

I am only going there because my regular gym closed for renovations. Plus I am putting together my own home gym soon (with a power rack, cable crossover, etc.)
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

That place is a half hour walk away (I dont have a car). Thanks for trying to help though.
    Buy a bicycle? That can count toward your cardio.
    There is no spoon.

RRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPEEEEEE allstar5044483's Avatar
    allstar5044483 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allstar5044483 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allstar5044483 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allstar5044483 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allstar5044483 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allstar5044483 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allstar5044483 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allstar5044483 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allstar5044483 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allstar5044483 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) allstar5044483 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Gold's Gym is only the best. I used to work out at the same one as Hulk Hogan when i lived in florida, but i never saw him there. but yeah it was the ****, only huge mother****ers go there.
    NESTA Certified

Im pretty fxcking cool in real life.

Currently in school for a Doctorate in Physical Therapy.

B: 285
    S: 405
    D: 530

Come at me bro.

haha I might actually do that.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KingOfChaos View Post
    Originally Posted by allstar5044483 View Post
    Gold's Gym is only the best. I used to work out at the same one as Hulk Hogan when i lived in florida, but i never saw him there. but yeah it was the ****, only huge mother****ers go there.
    Those are true Gold's Gyms....these (ones with dumbbells to 75lbs) are more like Gold's Gym "CLUBS" or something.

I rarely go to mine, unless the guys from my martial arts gym are going as a group or I just want to play on the machines a bit. But for $10 a month, I couldnt pass it up.

I pretty much always do my weight lifting at home (my dumbbells go higher than 75 lbs, after all) and do other work (bodyweight, TRX, circuit training) at my martial arts gym. So essentially, Gold's Gym is my 3rd option.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Gold's was the only thing in my area that I found affordable. It's $15/month here, no contract.
    It is a Gold's Gym Express, so I guess thats why its not really a "hardcore" Gold's.

My old gym was a military gym, and was only $90/6 months, no signup, no fees. And provided you a towel, lol.
    There is no spoon.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    75 pound dumbbells, and only 1 Squat rack. Joe Gold is probably turning over in his grave.
    Times, and Gold's Gyms, have certainly changed.
    Yeah....There used to be a dark and dank Gold's in the town over that I worked out in years ago. Man, I loved that place.
    The last Gold's Gym I was a member of had a little corner that has free weights (dumbbells did go up to 125lbs), but the rest was cardio and circuit machines. Now it's been renamed Atlanta Fitness and IS a bit too "froo froo" for my liking....which is why I started building my gym at the house.

Gold's Gym is not what it was back in the day like what you saw as an example in the movie "Pumping Iron". Now THAT was a gym...

Second on the bike thing. Cut your travel time down to 10 minutes (20 round trip) and get some cardio in.....Crap, Wal-mart has some pretty cheap bikes these days or pick up a cheap one on Craigslist.....
    problem solved
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

I finally went over there. The guy on the phone said there were two power racks, but they were really squat racks (**** sucks for 6'5'' guys). Free weight area was incredibly small. ****s ****in depressing.