Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP isnt afraid of anything.

ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Goat_187 View Post
    OP isnt afraid of anything.
    Why would you say that? I am afraid of heights, among other things.
    When all that says 'it is good' has been debunked, what says 'I want' remains.

- CS Lewis

AceFiasco is just really nice. (+1000) AceFiasco is just really nice. (+1000) AceFiasco is just really nice. (+1000) AceFiasco is just really nice. (+1000) AceFiasco is just really nice. (+1000) AceFiasco is just really nice. (+1000) AceFiasco is just really nice. (+1000) AceFiasco is just really nice. (+1000) AceFiasco is just really nice. (+1000) AceFiasco is just really nice. (+1000) AceFiasco is just really nice. (+1000)
    What engineering degree did you graduate with?

ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AceFiasco View Post
    Masters in Computer Science, dropped out of my PhD program, one of my best life decisions.

- CS Lewis

Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP has figured out life (srs). Due to a divorce and being really short (5'3) I was in deep depression in HS and lacked self confidence, etc...but now I am realyl happy and doing well actually. His main correct point is: it doesnt really matter what you do, but whatever you do, do it well. Oh, and ignore negative media things also if you can.
    u mad i value liberty over equality?

"From each according to what he chooses to do, to each according to what he makes for himself (perhaps with the contracted aid of others) and what others choose to do for him and choose to give him of what they've been given previously and haven't yet expended or transfered." -Nozick

Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AceFiasco View Post
    I was a philosophy major...and i agree with OP. u mad?

"From each according to what he chooses to do, to each according to what he makes for himself (perhaps with the contracted aid of others) and what others choose to do for him and choose to give him of what they've been given previously and haven't yet expended or transfered." -Nozick

NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ZenBowman View Post
    Masters in Computer Science, dropped out of my PhD program, one of my best life decisions.
    that's the route my brother almost took. Free Masters degree and then boom your gone, lol. Much better than paying 60k for a masters, which he is doing now.
    "When you get a BS you think you know everything
    When you get your MS you realize you know nothing
    When you get your PhD you still realize you know nothing but it is ok because now you know no one else does either"

Originally Posted by NCK MIZ View Post
    that's the route my brother almost took. Free Masters degree and then boom your gone, lol. Much better than paying 60k for a masters, which he is doing now.
    Well, not just free, you get paid while you are doing it (just about enough to live off though).

- CS Lewis

SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    “If you want to be happy, be.” - Tolstoy
    Lovely quote, but from what I've read about Tolstoy, he was one of the most miserable sods around..

NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, not just free, you get paid while you are doing it (just about enough to live off though).
    Yeah. Barely, lol. I got 15k, lol. I'm sure CS gets a little more.
    "When you get a BS you think you know everything
    When you get your MS you realize you know nothing
    When you get your PhD you still realize you know nothing but it is ok because now you know no one else does either"

Originally Posted by Footballguru View Post
    OP has figured out life (srs). Due to a divorce and being really short (5'3) I was in deep depression in HS and lacked self confidence, etc...but now I am realyl happy and doing well actually. His main correct point is: it doesnt really matter what you do, but whatever you do, do it well. Oh, and ignore negative media things also if you can.
    I don't think anyone can figure out life, its mystery is part of its appeal. But yes, I am happier than I was when I was younger, and I have a greater appreciation for life. I've also learned to forgive myself for my own mistakes. Forgiveness, like charity, begins at home.

- CS Lewis

Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Goat_187 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Why would you say that? I am afraid of heights, among other things.
    real talk op, youre outlook in life its very insperational. Will rep you in recharge.

Hopefully i'll have such a positive outook a few years from now.

carlos71786 is a name known to all. (+5000) carlos71786 is a name known to all. (+5000) carlos71786 is a name known to all. (+5000) carlos71786 is a name known to all. (+5000) carlos71786 is a name known to all. (+5000) carlos71786 is a name known to all. (+5000) carlos71786 is a name known to all. (+5000) carlos71786 is a name known to all. (+5000) carlos71786 is a name known to all. (+5000) carlos71786 is a name known to all. (+5000) carlos71786 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    oh hai OP, i'm on my way to pasadena to go for a hike =D

Originally Posted by NCK MIZ View Post
    Yeah. Barely, lol. I got 15k, lol. I'm sure CS gets a little more.
    I think it is scaled on the area in which you live, I got just about enough to live in LA (about 20k/year).

- CS Lewis

Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I agree with OP
    Loading Swag:

22%||||____________ 100%

I don't think anyone can figure out life, its mystery is part of its appeal. But yes, I am happier than I was when I was younger, and I have a greater appreciation for life. I've also learned to forgive myself for my own mistakes. Forgiveness, like charity, begins at home.
    being happy in the USA = "figuring out life" IMO. We have the most stuff of any people in the history of the world, yet the highest rates of depression. If you can have the material possessions while still being happy (it is not easy) and living a meaningful life, then you are in the same tier of the happiest humans the world has ever seen.

Lt.Dangle is just really nice. (+1000) Lt.Dangle is just really nice. (+1000) Lt.Dangle is just really nice. (+1000) Lt.Dangle is just really nice. (+1000) Lt.Dangle is just really nice. (+1000) Lt.Dangle is just really nice. (+1000) Lt.Dangle is just really nice. (+1000) Lt.Dangle is just really nice. (+1000) Lt.Dangle is just really nice. (+1000) Lt.Dangle is just really nice. (+1000) Lt.Dangle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do not fear growing old, it is a privilege denied to many

-Unknown

But seriously. Have you seen high school girls lately? They will never look that good again. My only regret in life is not slaying more prime mitt.

FML

TBProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TBProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TBProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TBProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TBProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TBProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TBProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TBProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TBProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TBProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TBProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I really suck at managing time, i have to lock my computer away in the week just so I can get my responsabilities done, i was thinking (not the main reason for)Joining the army would help, i may be able to get taught electrical engineering by the royal mechanics since i have a good base, what do you suggest op?
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.

Originally Posted by Goat_187 View Post
    real talk op, youre outlook in life its very insperational. Will rep you in recharge.

Hopefully i'll have such a positive outook a few years from now.
    Thanks bro, I have been positively inspired by many people on here and outside as well (notably Forge3). I would suggest you take up an outdoor hobby, that is really the time where I can contemplate on life away from the craziness of the world. The amazing thing is that being in the outdoors doesn't take you away from the world, it actually takes you to the source of the world.

We live in a strange time - whenever you mention the environment, or the outdoors, people tell you to "get back to the real world". As if this elaborate concrete jungle and arbitrary monetary system is the real world at all, it is just a fantasy we have created. The "real world" is outside of the cities, the natural environment is the real world.

- CS Lewis

Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You are from Brazil, right? I hear things are booming there. Good luck, you must have fap material all around you, how can things not look good?
    Yep, country is making some gains, but growing up I always thought about leaving... seeing things a bit differently lately.
    My teenage years weren't very bright, had to deal with some problems like social anxiety so I get this feeling that things will go wrong somehow no matter how good they look, guess I need to fix this.

datbrobrahbruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) datbrobrahbruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) datbrobrahbruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) datbrobrahbruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) datbrobrahbruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) datbrobrahbruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) datbrobrahbruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) datbrobrahbruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) datbrobrahbruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) datbrobrahbruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) datbrobrahbruh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't get how life couldn't get better as you get older, you should be wiser, know what you want and be able to figure out how to get it much better than years prior. If you don't get better at something the longer you do it you're clearly doing it wrong.

Originally Posted by Tamandua View Post
    Yep, country is making some gains, but growing up I always thought about leaving... seeing things a bit differently lately.
    My teenage years weren't very bright, had to deal with some problems like social anxiety so I get this feeling that things will go wrong somehow no matter how good they look, guess I need to fix this.
    I had extreme acne as a teenager, it made me an introvert and a reader. Which, on reflection, was a blessing. But I was lucky to have a small group of great friends.

- CS Lewis

Angus is ready.... supacrazymonkey's Avatar
    supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) supacrazymonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do not be afraid. As you get older and more settled, you will begin to appreciate life more. Yes, the world is oftentimes unjust and unfair, but most of us will come to a sort of peace with it - note that peace does not mean that we will not seek reform, but rather that we will not be constantly filled with angst.

You will develop hobbies, hopefully strengthen your friendships and family relationships, and explore new interests. You may even choose to marry and start a family. Whatever you do, try to excel at it. Do not be satisfied with mediocrity in whatever you decide to pursue.

As long as you strive for excellence and are constantly learning, life is a joy. Do not be afraid of growing old.

P.S. None of this holds true for 90+% of females
    lmao

craigcmead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) craigcmead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) craigcmead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) craigcmead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) craigcmead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) craigcmead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) craigcmead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) craigcmead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) craigcmead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) craigcmead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) craigcmead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ZenBowman I enjoy your posts because you do it with class and style. You have well thought out responses

Originally Posted by dng992 View Post
    wat yew smoking brah?
    as you are, I once was. As I am, you soon will be
    Originally Posted by CoffeCanSlayer View Post
    You are one of the most annoying posters in the misc. STFU.
    I bet I am your #1 lulz and could care less

collector is a jewel in the rough. (+500) collector is a jewel in the rough. (+500) collector is a jewel in the rough. (+500) collector is a jewel in the rough. (+500) collector is a jewel in the rough. (+500) collector is a jewel in the rough. (+500) collector is a jewel in the rough. (+500) collector is a jewel in the rough. (+500) collector is a jewel in the rough. (+500) collector is a jewel in the rough. (+500) collector is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think it is scaled on the area in which you live, I got just about enough to live in LA (about 20k/year).
    no wonder you're loving life, look at where you live (semi srs).

Nice thread...

list out the things you've learned or tips, or tidbits of advice. I'm 21. Have been in the workforce for 3 years and now going back to finish up a degree. What advice would you have? Oh I'm also married. I love the pressure, but I feel sometimes the responsibilities get to me and I just wish I was 17 again wakin up in hotels with a hangover and botched memory. Not the partying that entices me, it's the fact of having zero responsibilities.

Sometimes this thinking will get me worked up and I won't do **** for a couple days
    Owe reps to donkingkong when he get's 50 posts, michaelthesaint, jordanmcdonald, patrickbateman1
    Owe negs to ImMad and -clickhere-

GetBanned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBanned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBanned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBanned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBanned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBanned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBanned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBanned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBanned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBanned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBanned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Money.

Originally Posted by supacrazymonkey View Post
    lmao
    Keep in mind that I didn't say it cannot hold, it simply does not hold for the most part. If women learned the art of appreciating motherhood, I think they have the potential to be even happier than men. How can it not be so?

Think of the love a mother receives, it is limitless, if she learns and appreciates that love she would have enough happiness for a hundred years.

I think the person who has done the most harm to traditional femininity, even more than the feminists, is Hugh Hefner. He has taken the image of the promiscuous woman from being a source of shame to a source of envy.

- CS Lewis

trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wisdom
    Squat: 135 lbs
    Bench: 225 lbs
    Deadlift: 185 lbs

Stop quoting my stats. I know what I'm doing if I can deadlift 1.5 plates.

Originally Posted by collector View Post
    no wonder you're loving life, look at where you live (semi srs).
    I agree, California is amazing (srs). Close to 50% of land is owned by the state, which means plenty of natural, open spaces and places to appreciate the beauty of this Earth.

- CS Lewis

WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol highly amusing that you would post about how lifes quality increases as you get older

amusing cause they say it goes downhill from 30 and youre 28

relax op, dont look at it that way
    just go with the flow and do what you like doing
    dont try and excel just for the fear of being mediocre
    that way you wont disappoint yourself
    I felt a need to put this in my signature to show you my posse and who I roll with
    - WristWatchCrew
    - MiscFashionCrew
    - CologneCrew