fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do boxers do this?

Now i've been watching boxing pretty much all my life and there's always been one thing in particular that has fascinated me, and that is a fighters weigh in weight vs his weight the next night on fight night. A lot of commentators refer to it as the fighter "re-hydrated" which makes sense because SOME fighters, not all, look dehydrated at weigh ins. Wrestlers may know a lot about this too.

Take a look at this info:

Shane Mosleys weigh in weight vs Manny Pacquiao was 147lbs
    The next night he weighed in at 164lbs......+17lbs overnight

Fernando Montiel weighed in at 118lbs for his fight with Nonito Donaire
    The next night he re-weighed in at 134lbs......+16lbs

Victor Ortiz weighed in at 141lbs vs Lamont Peterson and weighed in at 156lbs the next night
    Victor Ortiz later moved UP in weight to 147lbs and then came in the ring the next night at 161lbs.

I've seen training videos of boxers training 1-2 days before weigh in and they look normal not de-hydrated....then at weigh ins they look terrible.

1.) how do they lose so much water weight in such a short period of time?
    2.) how do they gain back more in water weight than what their "natural" weight is?
    3.) how come sometimes it's the smaller guy who seems more dehydrated at weigh ins and is the one who ends up putting more water weight on overnight? For example with Fernando Montiel weighing it at 118 and then 134 the next night. He is only 5'4", yet his opponent that night was 5'7" and a bigger guy, but only re-hydrated to 126lbs. How is it that the smaller guy had to de-hydrate himself more severely to make the weight that someone who is 3 inches taller and bigger?

What I mean by question #2 is that Shane Mosley has stated several times that he likes to stay at about 155lbs when he's not training, but in his fight vs Pacquiao he re-hydrated in at 164?
    MTS Nutrition Machine Whey
    PrimaForce CreaForm
    d3, fish oil, multi

Fontoyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fallenx33 View Post
    Now i've been watching boxing pretty much all my life and there's always been one thing in particular that has fascinated me, and that is a fighters weigh in weight vs his weight the next night on fight night. A lot of commentators refer to it as the fighter "re-hydrated" which makes sense because SOME fighters, not all, look dehydrated at weigh ins. Wrestlers may know a lot about this too.

Take a look at this info:

Shane Mosleys weigh in weight vs Manny Pacquiao was 147lbs
    The next night he weighed in at 164lbs......+17lbs overnight

Fernando Montiel weighed in at 118lbs for his fight with Nonito Donaire
    The next night he re-weighed in at 134lbs......+16lbs

Victor Ortiz weighed in at 141lbs vs Lamont Peterson and weighed in at 156lbs the next night
    Victor Ortiz later moved UP in weight to 147lbs and then came in the ring the next night at 161lbs.

I've seen training videos of boxers training 1-2 days before weigh in and they look normal not de-hydrated....then at weigh ins they look terrible.

1.) how do they lose so much water weight in such a short period of time?
    2.) how do they gain back more in water weight than what their "natural" weight is?
    3.) how come sometimes it's the smaller guy who seems more dehydrated at weigh ins and is the one who ends up putting more water weight on overnight? For example with Fernando Montiel weighing it at 118 and then 134 the next night. He is only 5'4", yet his opponent that night was 5'7" and a bigger guy, but only re-hydrated to 126lbs. How is it that the smaller guy had to de-hydrate himself more severely to make the weight that someone who is 3 inches taller and bigger?

What I mean by question #2 is that Shane Mosley has stated several times that he likes to stay at about 155lbs when he's not training, but in his fight vs Pacquiao he re-hydrated in at 164?
    1. It's not all water weight, a lot of them are legitimately eating very little in the days coming up to the fight. That's why having a dedicated nutritionist is so important for top level combat sports.
    2. A lot of it is water weight, though. Your body will rebound pretty quickly after a heavy cut and some of that is just ****ting less. I can't explain why the weights are so drastically different though.
    3. No idea.

StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    physelum husk

bldavis8706 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bldavis8706 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bldavis8706 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bldavis8706 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bldavis8706 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bldavis8706 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bldavis8706 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bldavis8706 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bldavis8706 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bldavis8706 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bldavis8706 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    when i cut for weigh ins, im miserable. the days leading up to the weigh in, im amazingly dehydrated, and have eaten very little. i usually stick to small amounts of water, and foods like rice, and maybe a couple eggs. and after the weigh in, i eat whatever i want, and i mean anything, and eat a lot of it.
    ONE DAY AT A TIME. BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD

http://www.youtube.com/user/bldaviseiu?feature=mhee

fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallenx33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://img109.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp...2_122_87lo.jpg

that's pretty insane. 20lbs overnight for Chavez. It's weird because I saw a youtube video of the day before the weigh in and he's seen drinking something out of a mug (probably tea or coffee) but for him to go up 20lbs overnight wouldnt you think he would have been drinking absolutely nothing?
    MTS Nutrition Machine Whey
    PrimaForce CreaForm
    d3, fish oil, multi

BB12085 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BB12085 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BB12085 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BB12085 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BB12085 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BB12085 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BB12085 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BB12085 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BB12085 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BB12085 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BB12085 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Buddies dad went in for his physical, the camera up the angus and everything..

they had him drink 64oz of gatorade mixed with so many grams of a laxitive..

He started drinking the gatorade/rocketfuel mix 24 hours prior to the appointment, and couldnt eat anythign 8 hours prior..

Within 36 hours of starting the process he lost 14lbs. Put it back on within 48 hours.

Many the secret is X-lax?